• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jaruru

U K Narayan said:
Chun Li's trial mode.

HEAVY CROUCH PUNCH -> MEDIUM SPINNING BIRD KICK

HOW DO I DO THIS?! IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS.

this isn't as bad. I've done her trial hard level 2
[Jump] Heavy Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
Light Kick Hyakuretsukyaku
[Crouch] Medium Kick
Senretsukyaku

this is CRAZY. a MK after Hyakuretsukyaku -____- took me 1/2 hr

ShinAmano

bdizzle said:
does haunts have the ps3 version? i just broke 2k and really want to play people a lot better than me. i can't get better if all i do is play people i can whoop pretty handily.

And they really need to fix the dq penalty issue. In the last 3 days I've had too many people just quit right when i'm about to win the match and i get no bp. it sucks.
Not that I know of...he is on XBL leaderboards though.

Online is funny, I would say that I am strongest with Ken, but when I go online I choose random...I have gotten Ken twice and both times I have lost :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
AgentOtaku said:
Still not as cheap as this guy:

Magaki-xi.png
:lol Seth is just a SNK boss wanna-be. :D

f3niks

levious said:
Rufus' tornado kick to weak kick seems to befuddle Seth.

I did that several times, but at one point it was almost as if he was able to grab me when I went into the weak kick. My fave cheap combo of his was the Dhalsim punch to Shoryuken to 20 teleports while i'm getting up to Spinning Pile driver. I had to fight the urge to snap my controller in half. :D

Darkman M

It's really depressing to lose 80-88 bp each fight and only gain 39-45 on average lost a few ranked matches in a row now i feel like shit, i need tons more practice to stand a chance sigh :(

Threi

notag
I have learned my lesson from Mario kart Wii:

Online ranked points are absolute evil and I will wind up breaking my SF4 disc in half if i ever get into it.

So what im going to do is just avoid it :lol

Canti

Jaruru said:
[Jump] Heavy Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
Senretsukyaku

I'm stuck on this one atm, I can't go into the kick after the hyakuretsukyaku without ending the combo >:

Jaruru said:
[Jump] Heavy Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
Senretsukyaku

:(

Okay, now -- how do I go from TARGET COMBO -> MEDIUM PUNCH -> KIKOUKEN -> SUPER?

The timing in this game is murder for me. :|

jjasper

Got the game on Friday. So so awesome but the 90's era boy band song just seems odd to me. The wife was sitting next to me while a play some on Saturday and then starting singing it a few hours later at dinner with her parents:lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bdizzle said:
does haunts have the ps3 version? i just broke 2k and really want to play people a lot better than me. i can't get better if all i do is play people i can whoop pretty handily.

And they really need to fix the dq penalty issue. In the last 3 days I've had too many people just quit right when i'm about to win the match and i get no bp. it sucks.

Yooo.. only have XBL for the moment!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jaruru said:
[Jump] Heavy Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
[Crouch] Medium Kick
Senretsukyaku

It's killer, but I've done it - once you get the timing for linking down, it's only a matter of everything falling into place with any character...

Jaruru

Canti said:
I'm stuck on this one atm, I can't go into the kick after the hyakuretsukyaku without ending the combo >:

do the minimum/shortest hyakuretsukyaku then crouch medium kick, there's a nano secound Chun's toe could touch dan's knee while he's falling. pretty insane :s

haunts

Bacon of Hope
51?!? damnit I was 30 just 2 days ago.. :lol

PhatSaqs said:
Yo, you were dead right about the comp up in the post 35k arena. Shit got real in a hurry :lol

haha dude im telling you its like night and day after 3500.. like I was saying its too stressful for me to play now... was mainly searching for player matches last night..

I did recieve a nice message last night: "you're the first real street fighter player ive ever played" or something like that. X_x

Yes, Seth can be a cheap bastard. However, I don't find him as hard as Gill, or almost any of the SNK bosses. Seth is quite beatable using standard attacks. Gill used to piss me off. (Resurrection!!)

The only odd thing is that on the same difficulty, Seth seems to be a lot harder on some characters than others. At least from my playthroughs.

Threi

notag
so which one of you was fighting my cousin last night?

I hate to hear over party chat how one of you was cheap with viper and how all you ever do is grab, grab, grab :lol

I know its all candy and roses to you when you beat shotoscrubs but at least when you do it remember this: those shotoscrubs have cousins that have to bear the brunt of their complaining. Do you really want to live with that burden?

Update: Abel is awesome, crouching FP isn't always consistent for me though (how do i know whether or not it will launch an opponent?)

Barrett2

haunts said:
51?!? damnit I was 30 just 2 days ago.. :lol

Even 51 is friggin unbelievable. If I was ranked 51 I would screen cap that shit, print it on a shirt and get buried in it.

I would look up my ranking, but my brain can only compute so many commas at a time. -_-

Baker

Banned
_dementia said:
I apologize if this has been asked before

How is Abel supposed to defeat Gief?

Pretty much the same as any other character: don't get close.

- The easiest/cheapest way is to stay 2/3 the screen away at all times and pick him apart with the Wheel Kick.

- If the Zangief player isn't doing the spinning fists on rise, start the Change of Direction a few inches away from him (outside of spinning piledriver range) and you'll connect that combo when he gets up.

- Be careful with your Super/Ultra combos. It seems easier to hit Zangief with them because most likely the other player is just spamming 360's on the joystick. However, if you get blocked, you're going to be punished to shit.

Moral of the story: Wheel Kicks.

man ...there's some mean dudes playing Ranked matches. I get online in the morning ...alotta jPan players. Some brutal Giefs! :D
At this point I'm never going to get ANY BPs :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
lawblob said:
Even 51 is friggin unbelievable. If I was ranked 51 I would screen cap that shit, print it on a shirt and get buried in it.

I would look up my ranking, but my brain can only compute so many commas at a time. -_-

haha, i dunno if its anything to be proud of. jsut shows how much time ive sunk into this damn game!!

you know i wish i could make another account and go through ranked with C. Viper just to see how quickly I could rank up using her..

ShinAmano

I also have to say that I love Gouken...he is just so bad ass its crazy. With counters, multi-charge-fireballs, a bad ass charge move and flipping kicks a plenty he is a monster to use.

Barrett2

Baker said:
Pretty much the same as any other character: don't get close.

- The easiest/cheapest way is to stay 2/3 the screen away at all times and pick him apart with the Wheel Kick.

- If the Zangief player isn't doing the spinning fists on rise, start the Change of Direction a few inches away from him (outside of spinning piledriver range) and you'll connect that combo when he gets up.

- Be careful with your Super/Ultra combos. It seems easier to hit Zangief with them because most likely the other player is just spamming 360's on the joystick. However, if you get blocked, you're going to be punished to shit.

Moral of the story: Wheel Kicks.

Gief was raping my Abel this morning. He trapped me in the left corner in both rounds, and it was like smacking a kitten in a sack with a hammer after that... not pretty

LowParry

_dementia said:
Beauty pack, correct?

I may have to cave

Yeah. I caved in on the first one. Caving in this one. And the next. And the next. Was going to wait till April 30th but...meh. Me loves Streets Fighta.

Jim

Ok, dumb question, is the "Technical Fighter" (Clear NORMAL Trial in Challenge Mode) achievement/trophy for just clearing it with any character? Or is it every character including hidden?

I was playing around with the challenges and cleared Normal Trial with a few characters and it didn't unlock. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or was just misinterpreting the requirement.

I'm having real trouble on Chun-Li's 3rd or 4th normal trial (think it's one of those) where you have to do the target combo (HP, HP) followed by 3 head stomps (D, MK, MK, MK). I can do the target combo and I can do the 3 head stomps, but putting them together seems impossible!

I've given up on it fort now and started on her time trial - Normal trial No. 5 is NASTY!

Baker

Banned
Jim said:
Ok, dumb question, is the "Technical Fighter" (Clear NORMAL Trial in Challenge Mode) achievement/trophy for just clearing it with any character? Or is it every character including hidden?

I was playing around with the challenges and cleared Normal Trial with a few characters and it didn't unlock. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or was just misinterpreting the requirement.

I'm assuming it's with everybody. Like you said, I've beat Normal with Abel and didn't get a trophy.

Jim said:

I am pretty sure its with every character. All I have left is C. Viper. Damn you EX Seismo > Super Jump Cancel > (air) Flame Kick!!!!

Monkeylord said:
I'm having real trouble on Chun-Li's 3rd or 4th normal trial (think it's one of those) where you have to do the target combo (HP, HP) followed by 3 head stomps (D, MK, MK, MK). I can do the target combo and I can do the 3 head stomps, but putting them together seems impossible!

I've given up on it fort now and started on her time trial - Normal trial No. 5 is NASTY!

Hit him with the target combo when he is near the top of his jump. Then immediately jump and do the headstomps while he is still in the air. It is tough, but doable. There is a link in here somewhere with videos of all of the time trials. Sadly, they are in japanese so I don't know if you can find them with a search.

Jables

Any Blanka players here that can help me with some of the timing for Challenges? I'm having a hell of a time just trying to get the Crouch + HP -> Super Challenge to go off and I'm not sure about my timing.

I can pull off a regular super from starting out in a Backward/Blocking Crouch to charge and then moving into the actual combo, but it doesn't seem to respond so well when I try to do it AFTER the Crouching Heavy Punch.

This seems like a pretty key combo because I haven't really been able to work in my Supers or Ultra's due to losing distance from backup charging.

Any Tips?

prodystopian said:
Hit him with the target combo when he is near the top of his jump. Then immediately jump and do the headstomps while he is still in the air. It is tough, but doable. There is a link in here somewhere with videos of all of the time trials. Sadly, they are in japanese so I don't know if you can find them with a search.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jables said:
Any Blanka players here that can help me with some of the timing for Challenges? I'm having a hell of a time just trying to get the Crouch + HP -> Super Challenge to go off and I'm not sure about my timing.

I can pull off a regular super from starting out in a Backward/Blocking Crouch to charge and then moving into the actual combo, but it doesn't seem to respond so well when I try to do it AFTER the Crouching Heavy Punch.

This seems like a pretty key combo because I haven't really been able to work in my Supers or Ultra's due to losing distance from backup charging.

Any Tips?

Yo, dont have any "tips" except to work on c.mk into Ultra... Thats one of the best, most practical ways to land Blankas Ultra in a real match..

Kaibutsu

lol, i keep getting beat playing on live. It's because I refuse to play as Ken/Ryu even though I know I can win playing them. I pretty much only play as Rose and Dhalsim since I want to get good using them. It makes me feel bad though knowing I'm losing to people that really aren't that good :lol

edit: my highest character usage is at like 17%. I swear that in all the matches I play 98% of of the people are using ken/ryu/akuma

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Monkeylord said:

let dan bounce after the target combo, Chun Li lands, the hop straight up as he bounces and do the 3 head stomps.

Kaibutsu said:
lol, i keep getting beat playing on live. It's because I refuse to play as Ken/Ryu even though I know I can win playing them. I pretty much only play as Rose and Dhalsim since I want to get good using them. It makes me feel bad though knowing I'm losing to people that really aren't that good :lol

ditto

I try so hard not to default to Ryu and lose alot because I wanna main Viper.

prodystopian said:

PHEW!

Thanks, done it now. It didn't look like it should work, but I just barely scraped it before he hit the floor.

Cheers!

it doesn't help when my brothers are using my account and playing with nothing but ryu or akuma and it's ranked matches too! shoots. run away, block and leg sweep if opponent miss. just now he called the other player cheap? LMFAO! and he wonders why he always play against ken/ryu yet he picks akuma all the time :lol

Must make new account and let them play on that. ruining my good name!

So I was listening to the soundtrack in my car...

And I was thinking it may be one of the worst SF soundtracks. Keep in mind, most SF soundtracks are very good (except A3), so that's not taking anything away from the quality.

Songs go like this...electronica tempo, throw in some Aaah, Aaah or Ooh, Oohs...and then there is a breakdown of pianos (Guile, Ryu, etc). It also sometimes tries to sound epic like Seth...

I'd rate it 7/10. TS was a 8/10. Super Turbo was a 9/10 (not HD Remix but original version). A2 was a 9/10 (the original OST).

Also listened to Playeronepodcast this morning...and I heard CJ Johnston (or Johnson) say he wish the challenge mode showed you how to do the commands or combos. That has been brought up many times in this thread. For a SF novice, they may not quite understand the commands or terminology. I want to say VF 4, VF 5, Tekken and MK vs. DC all show you a demonstration if you need it. Before anyone says weak sauce...or it's called challenge... The player shouldn't be confused. The challenge is in actually completing the trial.

neight

Banned
Looks like the CE is back in stock. I was relishing the high value of my CE too but oh well I'm always crying how I hate collector's mentalities so good thing others can get one at its original price now too.

Top Bottom