• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
OMFG CPU Sagat won a round against Zangief! INCREDIBLE! He did get creamed but still, he got one round in!

MIMIC

Banned
There's nothing like bringing a turtle out of his shell. I've been losing to these fuckers back-to-back-to-back and I just realized that I just have to beat them at their own game. Then when you suddenly gain the upper hand, they get all offensive...and offense isn't their strong point.

And I'm not patient, either....I need to learn to try it out :lol I'm instinctive going to attack my opponent. :) But beating turtles is so annoying. It's really no fun at all.

Meliorism

EraldoCoil said:
oh any good rose players out there!?!?! i do fairly well with her, but the second someone gets in on me it's a nightmare. any tips for a wake up attack or a way to get them away? i usually try a reflect or a LP soul spark but the start time is too slow.

I play Rose but consider myself pretty terrible.

MIMIC

Banned
I haven't lost to a single Akuma today but EVERY SINGLE ONE of them spammed the air fireball. One of them realized that it wasn't working and tried to, well, do something else other than spamming air fireballs. Man, he got rocked.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
As a street fighter player, ive always hovered towards the Ryu's and Ken's and what not. In CvS 2 I dabbled with Bison (i love him, havent really been playing him yet). I have never ever once picked Balrog before this SF came out. I have been struggling greatly with him online, and its very frustrating but i kept on trying nad trying but i cant seem to get past 700ish BP's.

I just picked Sagat and won 4 matches in a row easily. I must not fall for the trap >.>

Ferrio

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
oh any good rose players out there!?!?! i do fairly well with her, but the second someone gets in on me it's a nightmare. any tips for a wake up attack or a way to get them away? i usually try a reflect or a LP soul spark but the start time is too slow.

Currently my problem with her, she seems to not have any good wake ups. Best I can do is try and do a soul swing if they start to jump. Reflect might work but I haven't tried too much.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
TheCardPlayer said:
I think he's kind of broken at this point. Seriously, something is wrong here. :lol
i didnt have a problem with them for the past week but people seem to catching on to the SPDs power, and this grab range. whats stupid about the attack to me is how effective it is to use randomly. also, anytime you try to get in there with an SPD spammer and poke like a mother you get spammed buy the green back hand pimp smack of death.

he's still beatable though

but by no means by anyone who isnt up there : \

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
TurtleSnatcher said:
Isn't it just down HK? (His sweep?)

Or.. Maybe the low dash.. down back charge then down far and HP.

Nah its not his sweep. It takes him out of it but I take damage as well. Ill try the dash sweep next time i run into him.

-COOLIO- said:
i didnt have a problem with them for the past week but people seem to catching on to the SPDs power, and this grab range. whats stupid about the attack to me is how effective it is to use randomly. also, anytime you try to get in there with an SPD spammer and poke like a mother you get spammed buy the green back hand pimp smack of death.

he's still beatable though

but by no means by anyone who isnt up there : \
Honestly I can't be him unless I have someone with ranged attaks. Abel, balrog, Fuerte just don't cut it

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BobTheFork said:
Honestly I can't be him unless I have someone with ranged attaks. Abel, balrog, Fuerte just don't cut it
viper, dont forget viper

her non ex hammer is too slow not get gief'd

edit: althoough if i got super jump down maybe i could hammer zangeif from both sides :eek:

*gently strokes fu man chu beard*

TheCardPlayer

Also I might be crazy but I think Rose is a bit underrated. No way is she bottom. She's actually pretty damn good. She's pretty well rounded in terms of speed and range and she's got the best Ultra in the game by far.

But I still can get any good combos with her, except medium punch into Soul Spiral. Over and over again.

Ferrio

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Nah its not his sweep. It takes him out of it but I take damage as well. Ill try the dash sweep next time i run into him.

C.mp was the tool to use in SFII

But I still can get any good combos with her, except medium punch into Soul Spiral. Over and over again.

Cross up j.mk->s.hp->hk soul spiral

c.lp->c.lk->c.mp->LK soul spiral

j.hp->s.mp->c.mp->HK soul spiral

Follow up any of those with a super if you have it. She also had that FADC ultra combo... though might only work in corner... forget.

Good Games, Xavipants (i was JeRkY)

The funniest match was Bison vs El Fuerte.. that was hilarious hahaha, flying, running, teleporting lol into the Nigthmare Booster

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
anyone know what do with viper if shes getting pummeled into a corner?

she doesnt have any shoryukens or tiger knees to knock away an enemy : (

TheCardPlayer

-COOLIO- said:
anyone know what do with viper if shes getting pummeled into a corner?

she doesnt have any shoryukens or tiger knees to knock away an enemy : (
That's her big weakness. I guess you could try light Seismic Hammer and high jump the heck out of the way.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
TheCardPlayer said:
That's her big weakness. I guess you could try light Seismic Hammer and high jump the heck out of the way.
i honestly didnt even know she had a light hammer

maybe ive been using the heavy this whole time... thats why i think its so slow >.>

Cianalas

Wow. I never thought I was very good at SF, but I can't even break 100 BP. As soon as I get some BP I lose it, but I can't seem to put it down. *fistshake*

TheCardPlayer

SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK
SOUL SPARK

Pew pew pew pew...

TU TU TI TU TU. DA DA DA DA DA DA DA!

Rose got Red Cyclone!

->Password
->Level Select

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
gutter_trash said:
Good Games, Xavipants (i was JeRkY)

The funniest match was Bison vs El Fuerte.. that was hilarious hahaha, flying, running, teleporting lol into the Nigthmare Booster

Those were good matches! I figured since I couldn't do anything against your Bison I might as well go totally unpredictable, haha, that kinda worked for a round. Im super hesitant against charge characters for some reason, Honda always kicks my ass (dont think Ive beaten a single one online, I always lose)

By the way guys, just because you keep losing to Zangief doesn't mean he needs to get nerfed. Hes good like Sagat, Ryu and Viper are good, just play to his weaknesses (aka: STAY THE FUCK AWAY) and you should be fine unless a pretty good player uses him ... and if that happens its because YOU LOST TO A GOOD PLAYER. Shocking, I know. You guys have been playing so many shotos online that its hard to wire the brain to do something other than counter Dragon Punches :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TheCardPlayer said:
Also I might be crazy but I think Rose is a bit underrated. No way is she bottom. She's actually pretty damn good. She's pretty well rounded in terms of speed and range and she's got the best Ultra in the game by far.

Jumping fierce, crouch fierce, RH soul spiral , FADC into ultra maybe?, or supercancel (real braindead easy)

The super cancel version does half damage.

As for Rose- they did nerf her crouch strong (which was needed), but I still think she's upper mid at minimum. It is still hard to get in on her.

Rotanibor

Wow, decent Sagat players keep fucking me up online BAD. Anyone here a decent Sagat player I can play for a while and maybe figure out some ways to deal with this? My 360 Gamertag is Rotanibor if you can help.

Top Bottom