• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Timedog said:
okay, zangief is officially ridiculous. I was playing the computer and they got me into a spinning pile driving when still in midair. They were about halfway down the descent half of the jump, feet not even close to touching the ground. WTF???
the computer doesnt have to press any buttons. just remember they have code like this

Code:
class zangeif{

if (????){
Spinning pile drive
}
}

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Lost Fragment said:
It's like people ignore that there's even a player match option.

Also, I can't believe that some people don't like INNNNDEEEESTRUCTIBLLLLLE. Whenever it starts looping, it's like I'm 8 again and in my bedroom playing my Boyz 2 Men tapes all day.
I know. It's one of the catchiest themes song ever and I love how it's in the menus. I love it.

Ferrio

Banned
Askia47 said:
In Rose's third normal challenge, trying to link heavy kick into soul spark. Anyone else have trouble with this ?

Nope, get used to that one since you use it twice in a later challenge.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lost Fragment said:

Also, I can't believe that some people don't like INNNNDEEEESTRUCTIBLLLLLE. Whenever it starts looping, it's like I'm 8 again and in my bedroom playing my Boyz 2 Men tapes all day.
hell yeah

when i turn on my ps3 im like "ye i feel like playing some street fighter"

when i hear the into im like "YE I FEEL LIKE PLAYING SOME STREET FIGHTER"

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
-COOLIO- said:
the computer doesnt have to press any buttons. just remember they have code like this

Code:
class zangeif{

if (????){
Spinning pile drive
}
}

Dude, he did in in MIDAIR. Zangief should not have a MIDAIR spd.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I haven't had nearly enough time with SF4 yet... but so far I'm gravitating heavily towards Blanka. Something about his moveset just clicks with me and I'm surprising myself by doing crazy combos and setups so naturally.

I haven't come across any other Blankas online. I'm lucky to get a Sagat or C.Viper. I've done probably 50/50 player vs ranked matches and am currently at a lowly ~500bp. I'm hoping as I get higher I'll get matched up with a wider variety of characters?

punkypine

i love playing against random kens who really wanna shoryuken
see how many times they try to do it to me on wakeup before they realize its not working :lol

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
Dude, he did in in MIDAIR. Zangief should not have a MIDAIR spd.
Zangief doesn't give a shit about your concepts of "logic" and "balance"

btw 3rd strike has a WAY better soundtrack than SF4. The only tune in SF4 that comes close is the Brazil Jungle theme.

Lost Fragment said:

Quote of the day.

Sanjay said:
So you get everything in that picture? including the multi wire adapter? Could you link me please.
nah. just the PCB. extension cables for the consoles are like...$3. just remove the housing, separate the wires, plug them into the pre-made holes in the PCB, add a little solder and profit.

I'd link you, but once again, shitty ass shoryuken.net is broken (server overload). PM me and I'll send the link along when it's available.

-COOLIO- said:
ur just mad because ill be the greatest viper
:D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
hey commish sorry for not accepting your invite, I was too busy getting my ass beat by gutter_trash :lol

Rotanibor

Of fuck yes I was finally able to do Bison's last challenge. I only did it because I started using the buttons on my madcatz controller like you would an arcadestick's buttons. Now I am determined to get an arcadestick. :D

Am I the worst player in the thread?

dsc00091604680.jpg

jacobs34

DKo5 said:
I haven't had nearly enough time with SF4 yet... but so far I'm gravitating heavily towards Blanka. Something about his moveset just clicks with me and I'm surprising myself by doing crazy combos and setups so naturally.

I haven't come across any other Blankas online. I'm lucky to get a Sagat or C.Viper. I've done probably 50/50 player vs ranked matches and am currently at a lowly ~500bp. I'm hoping as I get higher I'll get matched up with a wider variety of characters?

I've played 150 ranked matches and haven't played against a C.Viper yet, which is strange because she is definitely one of the strongest players in the game. I'm going to play a bunch of player matches with her this week before I move her over to ranked matches this weekend.

yeb

I didn't like Indestructible at first, then it grew on me, and now it's grown annoying. Playing a bunch of ranked matches last night and hearing the lyrics over and over again made me put on my own music tonight. I'm kinda amazed that they had the foresight to have varied music when you're hosting and waiting for someone to join you, but they play only one song when you search.

GGs to MicVlad earlier, too. Dhalsim's so different in this game, he seems like a lot of fun. I'm surprised more people don't give him a try.

dralla

is there any reason why the character-specific songs don't play in game? some of them are really good. I would play as Guile just do hear his remixed track

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Raging Spaniard said:
hey commish sorry for not accepting your invite, I was too busy getting my ass beat by gutter_trash :lol

No worry mate :) My fei long and sagat need practice!

Sandman42

I'm slowly improving my Abel every day. Today I learned how to control hyperactive Ken players and turn their sloppy shoryukens into big damage. The best advice I can give to new online players is to be patient. When I stopped to slow the game down I noticed openings that I didn't see before.

-COOLIO- said:
for anyone that wasnts an easy to use sagat strat that'll at least get you to 1000~ bp. here it is

if theyre turtling - a lot of fireshots

if they are mildly offensive - a lot of heavy kicks and punches since they have mad reach and damage

if you need to beat them back, rub the qfc motion constantly well tapping kick. you'll alternate between the tiger knee and low fireball for great offensive push. every now and then you can tap punch for an uppercut too if you feel they might jump over a knee.

throw in a focus attack every now for a surprise and you're set

enjoy your easy wins.

now that ive gotten the winning bug out my system ill give viper another go around :D

lol my abel would so destroy a sagat that played that way.

Sandman42

bdizzle said:
lol my abel would so destroy a sagat that played that way.
What is your Abel strategy for Sagat? I can't seem to get in to do any damage. My rolls and wheelkicks are useless against a zoning Sagat.

-PXG-

I thought selecting SAME SKILL, meant, you know, someone that is just as good as you. First I get Perfected three times in a row by a Honda (let him win the last one, since I know was in for a rape), then I get swept, again (no Perfects) by a Guile. Seriously.....This is bullshit.

Guled said:
when do you guys think we should have the first official GAF tourney?

TOMORROW!!!! and I need some really good gaffers to play on PSN. So far I've only met one person who could handle my Abel consistently. Usually I just mop the floor with 99% of the people I run into.

PSN: longmeat

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have to learn to stick with a character. Every day I turn on the game, go to training mode and find a new character I like. I think I've "mained" a new character every day so far. :lol

Currently I'm on Guile.

LakeEarth

Chamber said:
I have to learn to stick with a character. Every day I turn on the game, go to training mode and find a new character I like. I think I've "mained" a new character every day so far. :lol

Currently I'm on Guile.
I think that's a good way to go to start. Gives you better insight in all the characters, which helps when you face them.

ruxtpin

Banned
Zapperkhan said:

dsc00091604680.jpg

dude. I'm in your boat stealing your paddles. I have like 200 something bp and I freaked when I crossed 100. I'm godawful at this game, but I keep coming back for more - cuz' it's fun. Plus, I refuse to use Ken/Ryu right now - I'm just trying to get comfortable with Guile and then I'll start using another guy - most likely Blanka.

Jaruru

I set the time limit to 30sec in order to get the time out medal :p
this kid msg me after our 8 fights
"u must cant fight if you can only win when time goes out"

but I beat him 7 to 1, with some K.O. :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Props to you guys for sticking with the game eventhough youre new, trust me itll pay off with practice.

Just remember to be patient! More often than not your opponent will give you easy openings, so just try getting used to blocking and then doing a couple of goo combos, rinse repeat.

Sandman42 said:
What is your Abel strategy for Sagat? I can't seem to get in to do any damage. My rolls and wheelkicks are useless against a zoning Sagat.

it's easy to handle sagat since his tiger shots are a lot slower than it was in HD:R/ST. duck upper tigers jump over (straight up) lower ones. if you can't get close at first do occasional an role to build up your EX meter Don't rush Abel is kinda like gief in that you just have to sit back and let him come to you. once you have it when you know he's gonna throw a tiger do a EX wheel kick since it goes through projectiles. If it hits just pressure him with tornado throws, rolls, and change of direction combo's. Abel's up close game is so versatile it's hard to predict what he's going to do and it'll frustrate him. If he gets you in the corner just roll out and start again. Or do an EX roll if you have it since it has startup invincibility it seems. Ultra's go through projectiles too so that's another way to punish zoning sagat. also if you a little more than mid screen in proximity an EX change of direction will absorb the first hit and it's an easy way to punish someone.

Also if he tries to jump in do a crouching mk as an anti air, and start a COD combo (which can lead to an FADC > airgrab, FADC > to Ultra, FADC > tornado, etc.

i'm rank 106 on survival hard level 1 :lol

also, i have about 30 hours logged, with a 64% win rate. too bad my xbl ran out :(
i only played about 25 games too

Chamber

love on your sleeve
LakeEarth said:
I think that's a good way to go to start. Gives you better insight in all the characters, which helps when you face them.
True enough. I think Guile might be the one though!

LowParry

Raging Spaniard said:
Props to you guys for sticking with the game eventhough youre new, trust me itll pay off with practice.

Just remember to be patient! More often than not your opponent will give you easy openings, so just try getting used to blocking and then doing a couple of goo combos, rinse repeat.

I've only really played SFIV for nearly a week now. I know I got a lot of play time to get in to get really good. 2 - 3 months from now we'll see some high skill players here if they stick to it. I will.

Zapperkhan said:
I will be once I get my copy but for now I'm the worst SF2HD player on GAF. :lol

Just downloaded it today. First time playing. :p I couldn't resist buying IV cause every video I see makes me want the game more and more. Really dig the graphics.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow played a ranked match against a Chun-Li player (wow!). I totally got destroyed. After the match I see he has 4000+ BP.

So I instantly invite him as a friend so he can kick my ass over and over. Which he promptly did with a wide variety of characters. He busted out lots of FADC combos and lots of fancy shenanigans.

edit: Doing some google action, seems he's part of the So Cal scene.

One thing I've learned, Rose is really hurting for a good wakeup. You get in on her and it's sadness.

My new favorite way to deal w/ Kens online is to pick E Honda and wait until they do their wakeup fierce DP, block it, and Oicho throw them. It's so satisfying and it works every time. Some people don't get the message even after like 5 Oicho's per round.

Random thought: Could all of these Kens jumping in so much be due to the last SF game most of them played being alpha 3 (where anti air is a joke)? Or am I thinking too much into this?

Sandman42

bdizzle said:
it's easy to handle sagat since his tiger shots are a lot slower than it was in HD:R/ST. duck upper tigers jump over (straight up) lower ones. if you can't get close at first do occasional an role to build up your EX meter Don't rush Abel is kinda like gief in that you just have to sit back and let him come to you. once you have it when you know he's gonna throw a tiger do a EX wheel kick since it goes through projectiles. If it hits just pressure him with tornado throws, rolls, and change of direction combo's. Abel's up close game is so versatile it's hard to predict what he's going to do and it'll frustrate him. If he gets you in the corner just roll out and start again. Or do an EX roll if you have it since it has startup invincibility it seems. Ultra's go through projectiles too so that's another way to punish zoning sagat. also if you a little more than mid screen in proximity an EX change of direction will absorb the first hit and it's an easy way to punish someone.

Also if he tries to jump in do a crouching mk as an anti air, and start a COD combo (which can lead to an FADC > airgrab, FADC > to Ultra, FADC > tornado, etc.
Thanks for the help. I guess I just need to take it a little slower. I was trying to roll through his fireballs and he would hit me with a fierce kick as soon as I came out of the roll. But once I get in there, it's over.

Top Bottom