• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
spoon! said:
is anyone having problems connecting to the network atm? im on the ps3 version ;_;
I couldn't connect earlier. haven't checked recently.

also, what are the sites you guys go to for sf4 info? I'm sure a few have been mentioned in this thread, but the pages move way too fast.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
spoon! said:
is anyone having problems connecting to the network atm? im on the ps3 version ;_;

Yeah its dead right now. Was about to beat a Sagat bad and break my 3 game losing streak :\, then the connection died (so I was all like YES RAGE QUIT!) then I noticed all my friends suddenly logged off of PSN and I couldnt get into any online modes anymore :lol

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
arstal said:
Jumping fierce, crouch fierce, RH soul spiral , FADC into ultra maybe?, or supercancel (real braindead easy)

The super cancel version does half damage.

As for Rose- they did nerf her crouch strong (which was needed), but I still think she's upper mid at minimum. It is still hard to get in on her.
Hey thanks. That works wonder! Except I can't combo her ultra very well unless I use FADC just before.

Ferrio

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
Hey thanks. That works wonder! Except I can't combo her ultra very well unless I use FADC just before.

Don't think it's possible to combo her ultra other than FADC.

Use her crossup too it rocks.

I really need to work on her c.lp combo though..

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
evil ways said:
Is the server down on PS3? haven't been able to find a match or create one for nearly 30 minutes.
Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah its dead right now. Was about to beat a Sagat bad and break my 3 game losing streak :\, then the connection died (so I was all like YES RAGE QUIT!) then I noticed all my friends suddenly logged off of PSN and I couldnt get into any online modes anymore :lol
konexshiuon

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
With Rose, do you guys EX or save for that supercancel?

I've found with Honda what you do is often char (and style) specific.

Honda's EX's are nice, but his super is nicer vs fireballers. Also half damage super is nothing to sneeze at. Problem is getting the meter without using EX's.

milkham

i have trouble linking normals into normals, like for ken, standing forward into strong punch, its one of the challenges and i only got it after mashing for a while. any tips?

Ferrio

Banned
arstal said:

Match dependent. Only EX i use is her soul spark, and occasionally her soul swing. Sometimes I'll find myself with a full bar, or close to one so I'll use a super. Or if they're giving me free bar from absorbed projectiles.

Hugbot

This is the first game in which I am seriously picking up Zangief, and I am really loving it. There's nothing better than watching a terrible Akuma flail around trying to do his super, and waiting a good ten seconds to let him get it off, only to stuff it with a lariat. Before picking up Zangief my W/L ratio was less than 10%, but now it has climbed considerably.

Ferrio

Banned
milkham said:
i have trouble linking normals into normals, like for ken, standing forward into strong punch, its one of the challenges and i only got it after mashing for a while. any tips?

Don't mash.

Do the first attack, then wait for ken to recover completely then hit the next button. Eventually once you get it a few times you'll find the rhythm for it and you won't need visual cues.

But yes... lots of practice.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ThatCrazyGuy said:
I hate to ask again, but does somebody have that youtube link for all the combo trials for every character? Could we get it on the OP?
that would be awesome, i also wish you could show inputs in the trials : (

and beat on someone else besides dan :(

like zangief : (

Honestly, all it takes to use the 360 pad effectively is practice, just like any other controller you're not used to. I played 3rd Strike for a long time with an S controller, and I'm having no trouble with the standard pad for SF4. I've done all of Gen's trials except for the very last one, but I really don't think using a stick would give me a better shot at completing it.

TheCardPlayer

arstal said:

I've found with Honda what you do is often char (and style) specific.

Honda's EX's are nice, but his super is nicer vs fireballers. Also half damage super is nothing to sneeze at. Problem is getting the meter without using EX's.
I always EX with Rose. Aura Soul Spark is nice and all but since my most used combo is the usual crouch medium punch into soul spark, my friends kind of noticed I tend to use it right afterwards when my SC bar is full.

Oh and the trials link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kalelulen4

keanerie

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Honestly, all it takes to use the 360 pad effectively is practice, just like any other controller you're not used to. I played 3rd Strike for a long time with an S controller, and I'm having no trouble with the standard pad for SF4. I've done all of Gen's trials except for the very last one, but I really don't think using a stick would give me a better shot at completing it.

Like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
So now im just playing my secondary characters in rank.. im losing more but damn its so satisfying to kill subpar sagat players with viper. :lol

Askia47 said:
Cant beat any shotos tonight. oh well, still not good enough.

Most of my wins come against them. Can't fight Cammy for the life of me though.

When I first started I had a 2/18 win/loss record, now I'm 23/27 win/loss. Using Rose as my main as well.

Sometimes I pick Ken just to show people how he is really used, don't even use fireballs.

I've only had one person quit on me as well, that said I do tend to lose one round in most the fights I've had.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
haunts said:
So now im just playing my secondary characters in rank.. im losing more but damn its so satisfying to kill subpar sagat players with viper. :lol
ye ye! go us

and viper on viper matches are really fun

There really needs to be a system (and by system i mean website) that shows you what your stats are in SF4, i know it's in the game but it's all over the place. Something like the HD remix gamercards but much more in depth and not dear god not flash based.

I'm finally starting to play more characters other than ken/ryu/akuma, which is weird because I'm like "RUFUS, HOW I DO PLAY AGAINST RUFUS?"

Askia47 said:
In Rose's third normal challenge, trying to link heavy kick into soul spark. Anyone else have trouble with this ?
did you take care of this? it's just a matter of speed. before the kick connects, you need to be half way through the QCF motion. moar speed, sir. moar speed.

Askia47

Dreams-Visions said:
did you take care of this? it's just a matter of speed. before the kick connects, you need to be half way through the QCF motion. moar speed, sir. moar speed.

Lol, got it. I still didn't finish it. Also just faced a japanese cammy and vega, There were both kick ass.

Ryn

Patch to penalize DC'ers yes please.

...then maybe I'll have a slight chance of actually getting BP.

...but then again I still suck at this game. :|

MIMIC

Banned
If I hit LK+MK+LK, why does Guile perform the LK? I have the three kicks isolated to one button and I'm trying to a particular combo. When I hit the button, Guile does the LK instead of what the button is suppose to do.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Ryn said:
Patch to penalize DC'ers yes please.

...then maybe I'll have a slight chance of actually getting BP.

...but then again I still suck at this game. :|

That would be fine. I do want the double-blind select, as I get select screen wars sometimes, then they drop when they lose it.

BTW you're never going to see a BP reset. Capcom won't care about that. never seen a company punish ragequitters.

TheCardPlayer

FightyF said:
Use the analog stick.
I stopped using the analog when I took my rubber off
Ba Dum TISH!
with use thanks to the game but yeah...It works for the trials. Thanks for the headsup.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
LOL has this been posted yet?

kenflow.png

I dont know if thats old but its still funny as hell.

Zertez

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
While I think it is possible to get good with the 360 controller, you need more skill against stick users to win. On the same skill level, the stick user will win out the majority of the time. Your thumb can be trained to move fast enough on the left side, but it wont beat out players using multiple fingers over the buttons. With a stick you have all the buttons at your fingertip as cheesy as that sounds. Playing with a controller, unless you can contort your hands in strange positions, you can not cover all the buttons. Im sure there is a quite a few controller users who can put people to shame, but even still they have to work twice as hard to win.

Xater

I think I'm gonna stop playig Sagat although it's my best character. I kinda started liking Rose. I suck at palying with her but I still like her.

Feindflug

Well the game is amazing but I can't freakin' play with the d-pad and the analogue stick is useless for Ultras...I ordered an arcade stick but after the Madcatz fiasco it seems that I need to get a Hori controller.

At least the online is lag-free, really great netcode.

Top Bottom