• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Dizzy-4U said:
I was really surprised about her. I only played her very casually on the alpha series but I'm really considering maining her alongside Viper. I played with her a couple of times but I noticed that she has a nice reversal ultra, good anti-air, deals good damage and can reflect fireballs.....it's like a shoto's nightmare.
Dammit, why is it that everyone is maining Viper and Rose? MINE DAMMIT! MINE! :lol

TheCardPlayer

Why is it that the pack doesn't have Viper's ending costume? I want the secretary skirt and heels not some damn Batman cape. Get going Capcom, nao! Then you will get my monies, although Rose's new digs are awesome! I dream of Jeannie, I dream of Rose!

Jaruru

GrayFoxPL said:
:lol :lol :lol
Yesterday I felt so embarrased when a Ryu player beat me with just normals. No special moves. So embarassing.

Good idea. Now it's good only to say to yourself: "Eh, he was not that good." after losing and seeing oponnents E, E, E scores. :lol

aren't those E, E, E the loser's score?
I believe the winner see his own score, the lower see his own?

I really can't beat people online at all. I managed to get around 150BP and then promptly lost it all straight away. I don't understand how to get better :(

BTW, before I forget: GG's to _dementia, C-, N3ss, CcrooK, Skilotonn, BdoUK, Ronabo, Duelist and anyone else I played against these last two days. Really had to step my game up to compete with some of you guys. Shame there was some slight input lag every so often, though...

Jaruru said:
Correct.

TheCardPlayer

Baloonatic said:
I really can't beat people online at all. I managed to get around 150BP and then promptly lost it all straight away. I don't understand how to get better :(
Play the trials. They do good at making you learn the characters a bit.

LowParry

The new pack looks great. Totally a sucker for this but hey, I avoided the CE so my extra $20 is going into something better for the game instead of some lame anime and figure. I need my Boxer pack! :D

TheCardPlayer said:
Why is it that the pack doesn't have Viper's ending costume? I want the secretary skirt and heels not some damn Batman cape. Get going Capcom, nao! Then you will get my monies, although Rose's new digs are awesome! I dream of Jeannie, I dream of Rose!

I dream of Genie?

try

2rnilft.gif

Threi

notag
Q. What should i follow up Abel's wheel kick with? I usually know when to use it so it usually lands (well against scrubs at least) but i always wind up taking a hit because i don't know what to follow it up with.

LowParry

MicVlaD said:
BTW, before I forget: GG's to C-, N3ss, Crooked, Skilotonn, BdoUK, Ronabo, Duelist and anyone else I played against these last two days. Really had to step my game up to compete with some of you guys. Shame there was some slight input lag every so often, though...

MicVlaD has a rather nasty Dhalsim. I kid you not. I had to cut the fights short because I had to jet soon after. I demand rematches soon!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Threi said:
Q. What should i follow up Abel's wheel kick with? I usually know when to use it so it usually lands (well against scrubs at least) but i always wind up taking a hit because i don't know what to follow it up with.

vs the shotos, i usually block cuz most of them instinctively SHOOOORYUKEN!!!, but depending on how agressive they seem during the fight i'll throw a crouch MP, but a dragon punch will >>> it.

Threi said:

I usually block because I expect wakeup attacks - especially from srking shoto players.
Alternatively, I roll to crossup and try for a poke into QCF+LP string.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
so you guys have dabbled with the game long enough....is my beloved Ken still the king of cheese? Will he still lose the whole match then pull out a retarded medium kick>hurricane kick>wtf was that shoryuken > peace sign i win on ya?

TheCardPlayer said:
Play the trials. They do good at making you learn the characters a bit.

I'm trying to do El Fuerte's at the moment but got stuck pretty quick at the crouch + MK followed instantly by his super combo. No idea how to do it fast enough.

TheCardPlayer

DonasaurusRex said:
so you guys have dabbled with the game long enough....is my beloved Ken still the king of cheese? Will he still lose the whole match then pull out a retarded medium kick>hurricane kick>wtf was that shoryuken > peace sign i win on ya?
He's not the Ken from Third Strike but he's pretty good. Unfortunately, since he's the most used character online everyone and their mothers know how to fuck his shit up in seconds by now.

-PXG-

FUCK!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

Why is Seth so fucking hard!?!?!?! I'm playing on EASIEST, and he is whipping out all of these fucking combos, attacks with MEGA priority and doing his Ultra. It's as if the game decided to switch difficulties on its own, just to fuck with me. God damnit!!!! FUUUUUUUUCCCKK!!!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Is the single player worth a rent? Like I think there's a challenge mode or something? I don't care to play regular arcade mode and I don't want to play online since I suck.

LiK

-PXG- said:

Why is Seth so fucking hard!?!?!?! I'm playing on EASIEST, and he is whipping out all of these fucking combos, attacks with MEGA priority and doing his Ultra. It's as if the game decided to switch difficulties on its own, just to fuck with me. God damnit!!!! FUUUUUUUUCCCKK!!!

that happened to me when i played as El Fuerte (my worst character too). i was going for unlocking Seth and that drove me nuts. i think it also happened when i was playing as Cammy. not sure why the difficulty suddenly ramps up midway in Arcade mode. maybe a bug.

-PXG-

LiK said:
that happened to me when i played as El Fuerte (my worst character too). i was going for unlocking Seth and that drove me nuts. i think it also happened when i was playing as Cammy. not sure why the difficulty suddenly ramps up midway in Arcade mode. maybe a bug.

The PS3 version IS harder. The CPU will do shit, on the same difficulty setting, that it doesn't do in the 360 version.

Odrion

Banned
To me it seems that the difficulty sets how much they block. Doesn't stop Abel from being a grabby little cocksucker.

edit: wow viper's dlc costume is downright awful.

TheCardPlayer

-PXG- said:

My Seth killing strategy.

First form = Crouch + heavy kick. WIN!
Second form = Block everything and stay in corners. He'll throw sonic booms, jump over them and just throw the shit out of this fucker if he A) Teleport right in front of you B) Jump off the edge of the screen towards you WIN!

-PXG- said:
The PS3 version IS harder. The CPU will do shit, on the same difficulty setting, that it doesn't do in the 360 version.
As Yoda would say: Out of your ass, that shit, you pulled.

Threi

notag
Jaruru said:
:O wait really? I didn't know that its only your score you see.

Everytime I lose I always see C, E, B, and when win its usually A, E, C.

What determines the scores? They were in older SFs but im not sure what they are being calculated by.

-PXG-

TheCardPlayer said:
My Seth killing strategy.

First form = Crouch + heavy kick. WIN!
Second form = Block everything and stay in corners. He'll throw sonic booms, jump over them and just throw the shit out of this fucker if he A) Teleport right in front of you B) Jump off the edge of the screen towards you WIN!

As Yoda would say: Out of your ass, that shit you pulled.

That's what I do :lol. I finally beat him. I was using Cammy. I have everyone but him.

LiK

-PXG- said:

nope, i was playing the 360 version when that happened. same deal where the AI was crazy hard on Easiest suddenly. i posted it already but they did the same shit where they countered everything i did, constantly used Focus attacks and also threw me everytime i blocked. it wasn't just Seth either, it ususally happened with the match right before the Rival stage.

-PXG-

LiK said:
nope, i was playing the 360 version when that happened. same deal where the AI was crazy hard on Easiest suddenly. i posted it already but they did the same shit where they countered everything i did, constantly used Focus attacks and also threw me everytime i blocked. it wasn't just Seth either, it ususally happened with the match right before the Rival stage.

I never had these issues on the 360...EVER. Maybe it's just bad luck.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
LiK said:

Yeah i dont know, sometimes he is easy, sometimes, he is just impossible like he will not let you do anything at all.

I finished in highest difficulty, and i found seth being as hard in easiest :lol

Threi

notag
Seth is easy as hell on easiest...HE DOESN'T BLOCK FFS

you can pretty much win using nothing other than sweeps. :lol

Strange thing regarding CPU training: Mid difficulty seems harder than Hardest difficulty for some reason...

Blueblur1

I'll wait for the all-in-one pack. Hopefully it will hit the US XBLM on April 30th just like the JP one. I already have the Brawler Pack so I'll pay $12.50 for the other 4 instead of $12 for 3 more (could care less for the Classic Pack). Get more bang for my buck.

Or I won't download anymore of 'em.

Struct09

-PXG- said:

This happened to me a few times (360 version). If he started to block shit like crazy and do ultras, I would quit out and restart. When I'd make it to him again his AI would act like you would expect on easiest. I'm convinced it's some sort of bug.

Blueblur1 said:
I'll wait for the all-in-one pack. Hopefully it will hit the US XBLM on April 30th just like the JP one. I already have the Brawler Pack so I'll pay $12.50 for the other 4 instead of $12 for 3 more (could care less for the Classic Pack). Get more bang for my buck.

Or I won't download anymore of 'em.
I bought the Femme Fetale pack and will not buy any other packs and just cross my fingers they'll be free in a year like the Lost Planet DLC.

Top Bottom