• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

GrayFoxPL

Ridli said:
I like battle damaged Ryu and Dictator. Also, I feel like I'm missing a reference with Ken's alt. It just looks like one of Ryu's HF colors with sneakers.

There are few options:

Allen Snider - Ken's friend from SFEX
alansnider.jpg

I forgot his name from Enter the Dragon.
enter_the_dragon.jpg

Or just a generic 80ties karate guy from the America, but I'm betting on Allen Snider just because Ken's alternative in violet/blue is carbon copy of Allen's from SFEX.

xt04

Neo Member
This thread is making me giddy and depressed simultaneously :(. I cant remember the last time I anticipated a game like this.

PhatSaqs

Banned
bad-joey said:
Nice nice, I'm hoping to see my pad soon
My only disappointment is that its not the Akuma pad I wanted. Seems as tho these may not be made as there's no ad for them like the others on the back of the box.

Initial impressions are its much lighter than the standard 360 pad. Dpad feels solid and very free. I'm betting it'll take me a minute to get unused to the standard pads' feel. I've only played 4000+ ranked HDR matches on the thing :lol

BitchTits

Wow. I was initially cold on these alt. costumes, but these screens do them a great service. I will definatley be picking up at least a couple of the packs.

Alt Abel <3

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ShinAmano said:
Are you trying to make my pants wet?

They're not? Between this and MLB 09 The Show, I'm not even wearing pants anymore. My co-workers look at me funny, but I don't care.

-PXG-

I live in central New Jersey. I got 'em at Best Buy. They only had ONE of EACH (no Akuma at all, and none for the PS3, only 360). I took Chun and Ryu. Ken and Blanka can go home with someone else.

I still haven't taken them out. I want to keep one and sell the other. I am leaning towards Chun, but I plan on using Ryu in the game.

CAVE343

-PXG- said:
I live in central New Jersey. I got 'em at Best Buy. They only had ONE of EACH (no Akuma at all, and none for the PS3, only 360). I took Chun and Ryu. Ken and Blanka can go home with someone else.

I still haven't taken them out. I want to keep one and sell the other. I am leaning towards Chun, but I plan on using Ryu in the game.

OMG!! YOU ACTUALLY GOT THEM!!!

besiktas1

Wow Hijab Rose looks hott, it's tempting to change my main for the costume alone... Also Pirate Sagat looks mean.

Currently thinking of using Abel, as my main, he's new and cool, I feel like a change from Honda, yes Honda, bad mofo is my main in SF2, Ryu will be my alt...

-PXG- said:

I'd keep the Ryu one.

But if you plan on selling one of them the Ryu one is probably more attractive to potential buyers.

Ridli

-PXG- said:

Gah! Must go to store!

-PXG-

_dementia said:
I'd keep the Ryu one.

But if you plan on selling one of them the Ryu one is probably more attractive to potential buyers.

That's what I was thinking. The Chun-Li one is much more aesthetically pleasing, even though I don't play as her.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm terrible at fighting games but those screens are just too tempting. plus i have a saturn usb pad so hey.

jhferry said:
Great, red ring of dealth right before SF IV. Second time, thanks Microsoft.
It never fails :(

The last time it happened to me (right before NGII) my good friend lent me his 360 so I could still play the game. God bless him. I ended up not liking NGII very much though, whatever.

Nightz

No luck finding the pads at the Best Buy near my work. :\ I'm gonna check out the two Best Buys near my house, so there's still hope!

toneroni

hmm is it silly that I want to buy the 360 fightpads but preordered the game on ps3? :D
I can live with the ps3 pad or might try a saturn one..
Still haven't decided which platform i'm going for i guess

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
-PXG- said:

Great cripes man! We need impressions, there's no time for your womanly indecision! Tear one open, play a few rounds of SSFIITHD, and report back immediately, soldier!

h3ro

Forkball said:
So it's $20 for all the alternate costumes?

What a nightmarish world we live in.

It's a 1000pts for the all-inclusive pack being released in April... about $12 I think?

-PXG-

The D-pad is similar to that of the 360, but with less suck. Its large and has a softer feel when you press on it. It almost feels like a flat arcade stick. I like it a lot. And the plastic itself is very smooth and comfortable.

Now, the buttons...hmm....Their orientation is fine (maybe a little bit lower would have been great for my hands), but they are a little stiff. I guess once I use it, I will break it in and they will be more sensitive. Also, they are pretty loud, even with a light press.

I haven't actually played a game with it yet, but it seems that the shoulder buttons only respond if the press the inner portion of the button, as outer edge. Like the buttons, they are little stiff (once again, this may change once I break it in).

I can't wait to use it. I will try playing some Third Strike on my PC later and post more impressions. Overall, it feels great. I just need to get used to it.

GrayFoxPL said:
There are few options:

Allen Snider - Ken's friend from SFEX

I forgot his name from Enter the Dragon.

Or just a generic 80ties karate guy from the America, but I'm betting on Allen Snider just because Ken's alternative in violet/blue is carbon copy of Allen's from SFEX.

Ken should have had a hawain shirt, shorts, and gilligan's shoes. that'd been awesome

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Shig said:
Looks like CRMK to me (Third Strike's character artist).

Daigo is the 3s artist, crmk did next generation and W impact ;)

Kens alt looks nothing like the EX reject, his costume just makes fun of American fashion/

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
That art is like the first piece of group art I've seen for the game. Not just all of the character portraits put together. Pretty good. Some of the faces look a bit wonky though o_O

Top Bottom