• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MicVlaD said:
110assg.gif
:lol :lol

Oh man, 2 weeks left.

The wait is painfull.

Stantron

MarkMan said:
It's not a button. Its a turbo LED indicator light.
So when you hold down any button that has turbo enabled, the LED blinks at the rate that the turbo functions. Is that how it works?

xero273

sonicspear64 said:
Oh shit. I hope Northeast got some too.

PXG got one and he lives in Jersey so the northeast might have some hope...

I pretty sure I won't have such luck since best buys around me never get stuff early.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Darkman M said:
That is pretty damn Ill, is this going in the op?

Yeah once everything is done...we're doing a ridiculous amount of work on it right now... it should be fully complete the day the game drops.. I'll be fleshing out the characters section for the OP over the weekend.

TheGrue

My XBox just died, damnit. I just applied that patch that has the HDMI fixes in it and now I get an E74 error when I turn the console on. Hopefully, I can get my new one back before the release date.

CAVE343

Looks great Haunts!
Man all those pads in here, I want one!

DiscoJason said:
My XBox just died, damnit. I just applied that patch that has the HDMI fixes in it and now I get an E74 error when I turn the console on. Hopefully, I can get my new one back before the release date.

Thats some really bad timing, good luck

xero273 said:
PXG got one and he lives in Jersey so the northeast might have some hope...

I pretty sure I won't have such luck since best buys around me never get stuff early.
More specifically I meant Northeast Ohio (Cleveland), but East all the same I guess.

All this hype with this game has me pumped for this game, but oddly enough I'm not a fighting fan, so here's a question for those who've had the chance to get hands on with this.

As a kid I played a ton of Street Fighter II on the SNES, not that I was good but I always loved wading through the single player (yes, I usually played the single player). I generally wasn't very good, I was a kid and I button mashed most of that, but I enjoyed it none the less. For that reason Street Fighter and it's original (sequel original) characters definitely have some nostalgia at hand.

Because of that I ended up downloading SF II Hyper Fighting when that came out on the 360 and I couldn't get into it. The online was a rather harsh ground for someone like me who isn't very good, and with the added latency I just couldn't get into it or push myself to get better. The single player also kicked my ass, I sucked so much I don't think I ever even made it to the final four.

I've tried to like this generations fighters, all of them are 3D mind you and I think the 3D fighter just frustrates me more than anything, and the games I've played have seemingly endless move lists for every character that make trying to learn characters incredibly time consuming.

Anyway, now I'm at the point where in comes Street Fighter IV, a game that sticks with it's 2D routes, has an incredible art style, and brings back a ton of nostalgia to boot. My concern lies in my experiences with Hyper Fighting in that I'm just going to be cannon fodder. I've seen the few videos that are up of the training mode, but it's hard to tell at this point how successful it's going to be. I know how to do moves, that's not my issue, I just don't know how to play fighting games strategically. Has anybody actually had the opportunity to go through training mode? I would have hoped to hear some testimonials about it by this point rather than just jot note features.

Hard to muster a question out of all this, but I'm pushing myself to pick this game up, but I definitely have my reservations, but if it's a game that I can allow me to get better there's almost no doubt of picking it up, but if it's a learning curve that beats down people trying to get better I might have a harder time forking over the money.

That nostalgia sure is a pressure point though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
FourSerioux said:
All this hype with this game has me pumped for this game, but oddly enough I'm not a fighting fan, so here's a question for those who've had the chance to get hands on with this.

As a kid I played a ton of Street Fighter II on the SNES, not that I was good but I always loved wading through the single player (yes, I usually played the single player). I generally wasn't very good, I was a kid and I button mashed most of that, but I enjoyed it none the less. For that reason Street Fighter and it's original (sequel original) characters definitely have some nostalgia at hand.

Because of that I ended up downloading SF II Hyper Fighting when that came out on the 360 and I couldn't get into it. The online was a rather harsh ground for someone like me who isn't very good, and with the added latency I just couldn't get into it or push myself to get better. The single player also kicked my ass, I sucked so much I don't think I ever even made it to the final four.

I've tried to like this generations fighters, all of them are 3D mind you and I think the 3D fighter just frustrates me more than anything, and the games I've played have seemingly endless move lists for every character that make trying to learn characters incredibly time consuming.

Anyway, now I'm at the point where in comes Street Fighter IV, a game that sticks with it's 2D routes, has an incredible art style, and brings back a ton of nostalgia to boot. My concern lies in my experiences with Hyper Fighting in that I'm just going to be cannon fodder. I've seen the few videos that are up of the training mode, but it's hard to tell at this point how successful it's going to be. I know how to do moves, that's not my issue, I just don't know how to play fighting games strategically. Has anybody actually had the opportunity to go through training mode? I would have hoped to hear some testimonials about it by this point rather than just jot note features.

Hard to muster a question out of all this, but I'm pushing myself to pick this game up, but I definitely have my reservations, but if it's a game that I can allow me to get better there's almost no doubt of picking it up, but if it's a learning curve that beats down people trying to get better I might have a harder time forking over the money.

Hyper Fighting for the 360 was a piece of shit port by a sorry ass company (Sensory Sweep), you have nothing to worry about.

Guled

FourSerioux said:

There is a whole training mode that goes in depth with each character, something like that could help you get better. Also, I think I read something about how the online matches people based on rankings so you face people who are on your level, but I'm not 100% on that

Xevren

MarkMan said:
Can someone please post impressions/thoughts on the SF4 Fightpads?

Here's an impression, its sex in the form of a gamepad. I took them both to work and played with some friends on some SF 2 HDR and everyone is in love with them.

Rotanibor

I had the oppertunity to pick some up at Best Buy today, but no Ryu or Akuma, so I didn't pick any up. Pasadena Best Buy has Chun-li, Blanka, and Ken if anybody was intrested.

Akim

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Yes. I will post pics when I get home from the office.

I LARB it. The box opens up like a fan and has the certificate in it signed by Yoshi and Darren Richardson ... so awesome !

Where did you order from!?

PhatSaqs

Banned
After some time in training mode putting it to work.......I guess it's because ive played so much on the regular (shave modded) pad but initial impressions are mixed for me. I love the button sizes and it's layout. Pretty much perfect.

The Dpad is a good bit bigger than the stock pad tho and it definitely will take some getting used to. Hitting the diagonals, especially when jumping, feels weird right now as my thumb has more room to cover when going from crouch to jump. Also when doing FBs , DPs, or HKs the DF/BD portion of the motion requires a much deeper press in order to register.

If you're coming from a stock pad prepare to put in some work to untrain yourself.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn you lucky bastards in the US - I thought it was tough enough when you guys started posting pics of the pad, and now TurtleSnatcher is saying that he got the TE stick already!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Stabby McSter said:
i saw the pads
i decided against it since i much rather have the stick :(

I have 2 TEs coming my way and wasn't planning on getting a pad, but now I'm all caught up in the frenzy and want one :lol

Where did you find the pads in Best Buy? In the 360 accessories area?

Ronabo

First off out of the packaging the right bumper doesn't work. Which is rather hilarious. I won't be getting a replacement from Best Buy anytime soon I bet.

As for the Dpad, it's hard to get used to. It's larger and it seems to have a hard time doing diagonals. I do love the buttons though. They are easy to press and quick.

Those are my thought based on playing with it for 30mins. I'd give it a B- for now.

I do love the look of it.

Edit: The Right Bumper/Shoulder Button, isn't actually the what I thought it was. It's actually the Left Trigger. So the controller works they way it is supposed to. So I'll give it a B+ till I break it in.

Snaku

Banned
Ronabo said:
First off out of the packaging the right bumper doesn't work. Which is rather hilarious. I won't be getting a replacement from Best Buy anytime soon I bet.

As for the Dpad, it's hard to get used to. It's larger and it seems to have a hard time doing diagonals. I do love the buttons though. They are easy to press and quick.

Those are my thought based on playing with it for 30mins. I'd give it a B- for now.

I do love the look of it.

Uh-oh.

SnowWolf said:
I have 2 TEs coming my way and wasn't planning on getting a pad, but now I'm all caught up in the frenzy and want one :lol

Where did you find the pads in Best Buy? In the 360 accessories area?
when i went, they were still sorting out stuff so it was on the cart of whatnot. they only had four. :lol

Stantron

Stabby McSter said:
i saw the pads
:lol :lol So you drove to best buy just to admire the pads in person and then leave.
I might have the same dilemma later on today.

CAVE343

Stabby McSter said:
i saw the pads
OMG mist this post! You saw the pads and left them!! OMGG!!!
I would have bought all of them! My cash is burning in my wallet!

I need to relax :lol

Jube3

DMPrince said:
Does this mean the game will come out early?

Man, i hope Gamestop have my regular edition stick!

I think someone said that the controllers and sticks were not street dated so stores are selling them as they get it in. The game is most def street dated but you'll see some stores break it and then my friend...the real hunt begins lol

Top Bottom