• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jim

Info too, to go along with last page's Alt costume screens from Capcom.

Capcom is pleased to announce the first expansion pack for Street Fighter IV. Championship Mode expansion pack will add several unique and gameplay enriching options to Street Fighter IV’s already robust feature set free of charge post launch. Street Fighter IV’s Championship Mode Expansion Pack will include:

• Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
  • New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)
  • Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

Additionally, we are announcing the DLC alternate costume expansion packs for Street Fighter IV to customize your fighters. Each DLC pack offers an alternate costume for you favorite Street Fighter IV character. The packs are grouped by themes and will be available for 320 MS points for Xbox 360 or $3.99 on PlayStation 3 post launch.

2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

DMPrince said:
Replay is only for rank matches or has it been confirmed to be in other modes too?
I need to know. All three home ports of 3S had replay save for local matches and this game better let me do the same!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Some of these showcase really awesome modeling, they also showcase where Ill be spending my money :p

463.jpg

457.jpg

453.jpg

Dizzy-4U

Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
Yeah!!! That's what I'm talking about!!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Replay mode is going to be awesome.

The dlc sounds fine. Non-gameplay related addons that rape the pockets of people silly enough to buy them. The way I see it, is that the people buying the costume dlc are what are subsidizing things like the replay mode for the rest of us.

Without people buying the costumes, we probably couldn't expect to get the free modes dlc either.

edit:
so, if it makes your pockets feel better after getting the costumes, just pretend you were helping to pay for replay mode, tournament matching, etc. Everyone (except me) go out and buy those costumes! ;P

Ronabo

I'm thinking about canceling my CE preorder and just getting the normal version and using the savings for XBL points card. The figure doesn't interest me nor does the anime. Kinda interested in the soundtrack. Originally I was thinking the 5 costumes would be CE exclusive. So yeah I may be visiting GameStop later.

Takuan

Raging Spaniard said:
Before somebody asks :lol

balrog_icon.jpg
ZOINK :lol

I wonder if the more "serious" characters have whacky facial expressions like this? It'd be funny to see Seth, Dictator, or Sagat with their eyes popping out of their heads in comical fashion, just 'cause it's out of character.

dexterslu

I just called my local best buy, a woman told me that they weren't carrying the fighting pads and that 'the fighting sticks are online available online.'

ugh.

GrayFoxPL

Badass screens.

I think SFIV will bring back the fighting mania.

My cock is just about burst out of my pants!

I even reserved time off from the job for SFIV gaming. :lol

Linkhero1

dexterslu said:
I just called my local best buy, a woman told me that they weren't carrying the fighting pads and that 'the fighting sticks are online available online.'

ugh.
I would just go with Amazon. I mean yeah the game will be out a long time before we get our pads but at least you know you're guaranteed to get one. I'm just going to hold myself back and play something else until my stick and pad arrive.

Ridli

I like battle damaged Ryu and Dictator. Also, I feel like I'm missing a reference with Ken's alt. It just looks like one of Ryu's HF colors with sneakers.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Just got my fightpad :)

This game will pretty much put a middle finger to every other game for a good part of the year for me. I might cop Star Ocean:TLH but it'll probably sit in shrink wrap for a minute.

ShinAmano

Ridli said:
I like battle damaged Ryu and Dictator. Also, I feel like I'm missing a reference with Ken's alt. It just looks like one of Ryu's HF colors with sneakers.
I don't get it either...such a missed opportunity for a suit.

qcf x2

Some of them are cool, like Viper, Rose, Dan, Zangief. Some of them are uninspired, like Ken, Ryu, Honda, Dhalsim. And some are terrible, like Fuerte, Fei Long, dictator.

It woulda been nice if they finished Cammy and Makoto, err, Sakura. But they're missing pants. =\

BTW (2nd request), CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME WITH BALROG'S THEME as heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTGsa8rxsnc

It's rather important.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just places a one day shipping order on Gamestop. Wooo! WAITING SUCKS! GIMME NOW. Consumer Whoring gooooo!

CAVE343

PhatSaqs said:
Just got my fightpad :)

This game will pretty much put a middle finger to every other game for a good part of the year for me. I might cop Star Ocean:TLH but it'll probably sit in shrink wrap for a minute.

Nice nice, I'm hoping to see my pad soon

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Btw, The Lil'Shoto El Fuerte song is fucking awesome. Put a smile to my face after a shitty start at work. Oh well, back to work.

Cdammen

The modeling is great and so are the expression but the thing that gets me all happy is the brilliant use of color! COLOR! I haven't seen you this vibrant in quite some time :)

Top Bottom