• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

renzo

ShinAmano said:
That is a sweet pic...any chance we can get a high res version?
just the pic...no words

Sure thing

sfart.jpg

Raging Spaniard said:
Daigo is the 3s artist, crmk did next generation and W impact ;)

Kens alt looks nothing like the EX reject, his costume just makes fun of American fashion/
the filename contains daikeno; I'm sure it's Daigo Ikeno

GrayFoxPL

Raging Spaniard said:
Daigo is the 3s artist, crmk did next generation and W impact ;)

Kens alt looks nothing like the EX reject, his costume just makes fun of American fashion/

Yeah, sure. Looks the same in game fyi.

Regulus Tera said:
I'm probably wrong, but is that costume based on Makoto's outfit?
I don't think it's based on Makoto (no yellow scarf)

It looks like she stole the top half of ryu's outfit
their alts complement each other :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
GrayFoxPL said:
Yeah, sure. Looks the same in game fyi.

alansnider.jpg

446.jpg

So for one lets remember that Allen is a shoto clone, so from his design, he mimics how Ken and Ryu look.

Looking at Kens alt, the only similarity is the sleeves and the color, and even the color is different.

Ken has sneakers, a gold chain, golden gloves and a Spain flag belt. Allen has none of those things, and Kens gi has none of the interior detail of Allens, doesnt have a second shirt inside the gi nor the forearm bandage wraps.

Sometimes artists do design things that dont rip anything directly you know :p

CPS2

_dementia said:
I don't think it's based on Makoto (no yellow scarf)

It looks like she stole the top half of ryu's outfit
their alts complement each other :lol

It's the morning after they hook it up. Ryu is wearing Sakura's underwear >_>

Raging Spaniard said:
So for one lets remember that Allen is a shoto clone, so from his design, he mimics how Ken and Ryu look.

Looking at Kens alt, the only similarity is the sleeves and the color, and even the color is different.

Ken has sneakers, a gold chain, golden gloves and a Spain flag belt. Allen has none of those things, and Kens gi has none of the interior detail of Allens nor the forearm bandage wraps.

Wait.... what? Are you just trying to find a way to relate that to your people? :lol

Seriously though, I won't bother talking about what his alt is based on, but notice that he has kanji on his belt (same with Ryu). Ken's is jyaku niku kyou shoku (the weak perish and the strong survive. The flesh of the weak is the food of the strong).

Didn't find anything in Toronto around the Yonge & Eglinton area. EB told me that it was supposed to be street dated with the game, but after checking the system he said that they might already be en route to the store.

Hopefully mine will be in tomorrow so I can play HD with it.

Are people only finding 360 pads?

ShinAmano

sonicspear64 said:
Wait.... what? Are you just trying to find a way to relate that to your people? :lol

Seriously though, I won't bother talking about what his alt is based on, but notice that he has kanji on his belt (same with Ryu). Ken's is jyaku niku kyou shoku (the weak perish and the strong survive. The flesh of the weak is the food of the strong)
That is a cool ass quote...

Actually, there's a couple of pieces of artwork in the game of unused characters, where there's a dark-skinned bald karate fighter wearing that exact outfit Ken is using. Since there's so many of him, I guess he was fairly far into production so they decided to keep the work done on his gear at least.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
sonicspear64 said:

Seriously though, I won't bother talking about what his alt is based on, but notice that he has kanji on his belt (same with Ryu). Ken's is jyaku niku kyou shoku (the weak perish and the strong survive. The flesh of the weak is the food of the strong).

Hey Im just saying that the color arrangement of the belt just happens to look like a certain flag, haha :D

What does Ryus say?

Akim

Banned
I called best buy and the lady said "they come out on the 8th"

Should I just go down there? It's kinda a long drive..

Ridli

Raging Spaniard said:

Ken has sneakers, a gold chain, golden gloves and a Spain flag belt. Allen has none of those things, and Kens gi has none of the interior detail of Allens, doesnt have a second shirt inside the gi nor the forearm bandage wraps.

I totally missed that. I still feel like I'm missing some joke though, especially with the jewelry.

Raging Spaniard said:
Hey Im just saying that the color arrangement of the belt just happens to look like a certain flag, haha :D

What does Ryus say?
It's Furin Kazan (no idea how the spacing is on that one)
kanji_fuu_rin_ka_zan.gif

"Move as swift as wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, and be unmovable like a mountain."

EDIT: Quote is from Sin Tzu's The Art of War, apparently.

Blueblur1

I went to the store I mentioned earlier and they had nothing. Unfortunately, the employees I spoke too were clueless. I wasn't surprised considering that its rare for that Best Buy to get things early or even on time. >:|

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Why can't I stop smiling when I think about playing this game? ARGH. At least the second half of work is much better than the first so far. :D

The kanji on the belts is an amazing touch.

andymcc

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Well I know for sure I should be getting an order shipping confirmation this evening for my TE stick :D

from gamestop? i preordered at a store location, will they get them tomorrow?

Cynar

DoctorWho said:
Didn't find anything in Toronto around the Yonge & Eglinton area. EB told me that it was supposed to be street dated with the game, but after checking the system he said that they might already be en route to the store.

Hopefully mine will be in tomorrow so I can play HD with it.

Are people only finding 360 pads?

Found nothing in Hamilton today. :(

h3ro said:
It's a 1000pts for the all-inclusive pack being released in April... about $12 I think?
Well, that was only stated for the Japanese release. The official U.S. announcement does not mention any all-in-one pack. Though, it could be announced, later. (Like, after everyone already purchased the individual packs. =P)

People were inquiring about a possible all-in-one pack for U.S., and also about the CE voucher. Here was Seth's response:
s-kill said:
Re: the Collector's Edition DLC pack:

All will be revealed next week at the SFIV launch party, where we'll have the Collector's Edition on display and all the info. Get yourself there (some lucky fans will also be taking home copies of the game...)

s-kill

February 05, 2009
02:35 PM CST
Notice, he never addresses the inquiries about an all-in-one pack.

Caj814

renzo said:
Sure thing

sfart.jpg

Hope we can get that in super high res eventually.

Btw does anyone know how Buy.com is with shipping games?I preordered my collectors edition there and it's the first game I ever ordered from them.

Ronabo

RAWR! RAWR! BITE! BITE!

2casdy.jpg

Best Buy by the Dayton Mall, Ohio had one Blanka (which I bought) 1 Ryu 1 Ken and 1 Chun-Li.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Nightz said:
I would if I could find one. ;)

MarkMan do you know if any places in San Diego have them in already?

Just me I think lol.

Check later today maybe, I heard some LA places have em.

Nightz

MarkMan said:
Just me I think lol.

Yeah I went to the Best Buy in Mira Mesa during lunch and they didn't have em, called the ones in Otay Ranch and National City and they had no idea what I was talking about. -_- I'll stop by and check them out when I get off work today.

Unless you want to hook me up with one *winkwink*

ashism

MarkMan said:
Just me I think lol.

Where in LA?

God if any make their way to LBC then that's another 40 bucks along with the 150 I spent on the stick.

Ronabo

Stantron said:
For the pads, what does the button to the right of start do?

Looks to be a light. I haven't tested mine out as my GF is beating on drums.

Edit: yeah MarkMan confirms light.

Top Bottom