• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dreams-Visions said:
I did not. my first though on green-hand is "GTFO! Nao!"

good to know. was that possible in other SF games?

I'm pretty sure you can also get a grab in after a green fist if it actually hits you, I think it's been a pretty unsafe move in all the game minus HD.

KdoubleA

Struct09 said:
Just curious, how do you pull off an Ultra Finish + Perfect? When I get perfect in a round my revenge meter is typically near empty.

FADC'ed several computer punches (back dashed btw, to block whatever came after...It was just luck that I didn't lose a bit of health, honestly).

But just to make it clear this is NOT a requirement...you just need 2 perfects and 3 Ultra finishes anytime.

Xater

Shig said:
This thread would be half the length if every "how to unlock Gouken" post were deleted.

I do't even understand what's so difficult about it. I did what was on GAmefaqs and it worked just fine.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MoxManiac said:
The main thing about gouken is that you can use anyone to unlock him, as long as you've finished the game once with akuma, AND, this is the important one, you need to have finished the game at least once with the character you're using to unlock gouken.

right, forgot that bit... that's probably what gave rubx problems

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Xater said:
I do't even understand what's so difficult about it. I did what was on GAmefaqs and it worked just fine.
Yep. I just went on gamefaqs, looked under the cheats sections, told you how to unlock everyone and I did it exactly how they said and it worked.

LiK

Shig said:
This thread would be half the length if every "how to unlock Gouken" post were deleted.

hehe, sure. speculation rules.

anyways Haunts, 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishers definitely worked for me in no specific order. just make sure not to continue cuz when that happened, Gouken did not appear. and like i said, i beat Gouken with a regular win and he unlocked.

i've checked around and it seems that method is working for people in other forums.

LiK said:
hehe, sure. speculation rules.

anyways Haunts, 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishers definitely worked for me in no specific order. just make sure not to continue cuz when that happened, Gouken did not appear. and like i said, i beat Gouken with a regular win and he unlocked.

i've checked around and it seems that method is working for people in other forums.

Agreed. This worked for me as well. Just remember to put in the caveat that you must beat the game with Akuma first and that you need to unlock all other characters (besides Seth).

dasupremeone said:
i think it resets after you log off...it did to me

Nightz said:
WAT

Welp, I'm never getting that achievement.:lol

The win streaks definitely do not reset after you log off (at least on PSN, I don't see why XBL would be any different). I did my 10 win streak trophy over the span of like 5 days because I don't really like all the trouble of finding ranked matches.

I did player matches, arcade matches, player request arcade matches, training, challenges, playing different games, everything you could think of in between and it never reset.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
From what I have heard there is a definitive criteria to get Gouken...it might not be the only way but it seems to be consistant. I tried it and it worked first the time...

AFTER unlocking Akuma AND beating the game with Akuma, go through the game with a character you have already finished the game with (could be akuma, it does not matter)

1. Set matches to ONE ROUND. (any difficulty works)
2. Get exactly ONE perfect.
3. Get exactly THREE ultra finishes.
4. Do not lose any rounds.
5. After defeating Seth, Gouken will appear, defeat him and he will be unlocked.

This is the one method I have never heard did not work for someone, so take that for what its worth.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dreams-Visions said:
I did not. my first though on green-hand is "GTFO! Nao!"

good to know. was that possible in other SF games?

Yeah I mean zangief will try to get in with Green hands all day and you want to stay inside that range so you can block them...but it gets better.. if a regular green hand HITS you can STILL throw him.. he is like -7 frames on block or hit! :lol

FUCK ZANGIEF.

I hate him not because he is hard to beat but because he is just such a scrubby ass character imo. He is so damn easy to use and requires no execution for the most part imo. I have respect for high level Giefs who can do dope combos and other stuff but I never see that online.

I told you guys.. you can beat Zangief.. EVERY TIME... if you want to! Dont be fooled by appearances, things arent always as they seem.

Zotty said:
I get so nervous when playing online, hope that this will go away someday :lol I'm not used playing fighting games. When the match starts I forget everything and start to panic :lol

Played a couple of matched today with Sakura, I like her and I'm beginning to understand her moves so that's cool but still got a long way to go. Its nice to notice every time you get a little bit better with the game.

Also played some with Rose, enjoy playing with her to and she seems more suitable for my playing style I guess.

lol I got 2000 bp and I still get nervous, even during non ranked. It's like if I lose I'm not sure how I'm going to pay my rent this month. And i've been playing street fighter for about 15 years or so lol

tapedeck said:
From what I have heard there is a definitive criteria to get Gouken...it might not be the only way but it seems to be consistant. I tried it and it worked first the time...

AFTER unlocking Akuma AND beating the game with Akuma, go through the game with a character you have already finished the game with (could be akuma, it does not matter)

1. Set matches to ONE ROUND. (any difficulty works)
2. Get exactly ONE perfect.
3. Get exactly THREE ultra finishes.
4. Do not lose any rounds.
5. After defeating Seth, Gouken will appear, defeat him and he will be unlocked.

This is the one method I have never heard did not work for someone, so take that for what its worth.
wrong i did 2 round matches played with sagat i had 4 perfects and like 8 ultra finishes and got gouken and before that i beat the game with akuma oh and i didnt use any continues

Nightz

ThirstyFly said:
The win streaks definitely do not reset after you log off (at least on PSN, I don't see why XBL would be any different). I did my 10 win streak trophy over the span of like 5 days because I don't really like all the trouble of finding ranked matches.

I did player matches, arcade matches, player request arcade matches, training, challenges, playing different games, everything you could think of in between and it never reset.
Good to know. I guess I'll find out later today if it works or not.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
kenflowchart.png

KdoubleA

haunts said:
Yeah I mean zangief will try to get in with Green hands all day and you want to stay inside that range so you can block them...but it gets better.. if a regular green hand HITS you can STILL throw him.. he is like -7 frames on block or hit! :lol

FUCK ZANGIEF.

I hate him not because he is hard to beat but because he is just such a scrubby ass character imo. He is so damn easy to use and requires no execution for the most part imo. I have respect for high level Giefs who can do dope combos and other stuff but I never see that online.

I told you guys.. you can beat Zangief.. EVERY TIME... if you want to! Dont be fooled by appearances, things arent always as they seem.

Btw, as c.viper, I just keep my distance...Use, LP TK against Lariat...Seismo all the time (sometimes feint it to force him to jump for anti air)...HP TK for anti air when he jumps (Although this trades hits a lot of times)...I also realized I can use back HK as anti air but the timing isn't easy...And I basically use BK only if I have to because he always fuckin gets me when I try it (mostly with his Lariat).

Are there any other tips against him using Viper?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
haunts said:
http://www.iplaywinner.com/storage/images/kenflowchart.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Old Haunts! OLD! Like Gouken and Gen old.

GOD! READ YOUR OWN THREAD!!!11!!!!!

Threi said:
Q. What should i follow up Abel's wheel kick with? I usually know when to use it so it usually lands (well against scrubs at least) but i always wind up taking a hit because i don't know what to follow it up with.

i follow it up with nothing. I only use the wheel kick to close the gap real quick or to end a match (EX version). if i do it just to hit someone i usually block, do a cr. mp/mk COD combo if the person has slow reaction time, or just roll.

Baker

Banned
bdizzle said:
i follow it up with nothing. I only use the wheel kick to close the gap real quick or to end a match (EX version). if i do it just to hit someone i usually block, do a cr. mp/mk COD combo if the person has slow reaction time, or just roll.

Or if it hits, jump back and do it again (over and over if it keeps hitting). I've come back to get the win A LOT against shitty Kens who get frustrated and start messing up fireball inputs.

But yeah, most of the time it's used to just clear the gap between turtles.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
haha, sorry first time I saw it this morning... thats how i feel about all kens online

KdoubleA said:
Btw, as c.viper, I just keep my distance...Use, LP TK against Lariat...Seismo all the time (sometimes feint it to force him to jump for anti air)...HP TK for anti air when he jumps (Although this trades hits a lot of times)...I also realized I can use back HK as anti air but the timing isn't easy...And I basically use BK only if I have to because he always fuckin gets me when I try it (mostly with his Lariat).

Are there any other tips against him using Viper?

Vertical jump HK is so amazing against gief as long as you arent directly above him. It will beat lariat and allow you to combo into c.mk into lp/mp.. If they start blocking, cancel the tk and walk up throw or go for overhead or EX Seismo and SJC the hell out... Sometimes you can EX BK right in his face as well becuase when you are that close they will be so hungry to SPD you and it will not only take you off the ground but will hit him and score you a knock down.

Jump forward HK is pretty good too.. It will trade with Lariat which will put you at a disadvantage but it will cross him up a lot of the time and you can go for the nasty EX Siesmo combos after that...

You're right, back RH is good for when he is jumping in and Seismo while he is pacing back and forth is great as well...

haunts said:

FUCK ZANGIEF.

word.

I don't believe I've ever lost to a Gief online. He's so easy to beat with Blanka. I almost feel dirty picking Blanka when people get Gief.

and I will definitely hope to get a Gief today so that I can try that grab!

bdizzle said:

I was in practice mode last night and it seem you can get out a lp command grab after it. However that might not work in a match given I'm guessing you end up on a disadvantage.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dreams-Visions said:
word.

I don't believe I've ever lost to a Gief online. He's so easy to beat with Blanka. I almost feel dirty picking Blanka when people get Gief.

and I will definitely hope to get a Gief today so that I can try that grab!

i made a mistake, at most he is -6 on hit with the regular bainishing fist, but thats still enough time to throw him with ease.

^ indeed, that is more than good enough. i never even bothered to look that up because I always made the assumption that the delay wasn't that much. great info, there. thanks 2 tons.
haunts said:
haha, sorry first time I saw it this morning... thats how i feel about all kens online
I played a pretty good one last night. threw very few fireballs. his cross-up combo game was vicious. we split most our matches and went away with much respect. he told me he's been playing Ken for 15 years and just couldn't let him go. he made tons of mistakes (too many super/ultra wiffs, jumps in too much), but since he wasn't a DP/SK whore, he had my respect.

ShinAmano

Sucks with all the Ken hate online. he is my favorite character and I feel guilty when I get him...I play all my matches both ranked and unranked with random select.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:lol :lol :lol Brillant.

I really like Ken, but I honestly don't know how I could stand out from the pack as that character and become a better player. Maybe I'll try some other time down the road.

Regarding Zangief: Zangief is my favorite match up with Fuerte. It's like I teleport all around that fool. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dreams-Visions said:
^ indeed, that is more than good enough. i never even bothered to look that up because I always made the assumption that the delay wasn't that much. great info, there. thanks 2 tons.

np, fuck zangief. I hate him more than any other character in the game. i want everyone to beat him every time!!!

Akuma players suck ass. All they do is:

"Jump to top corner, shoot fireball. Jump to top corner, shoot fireball" then, after that fails, they go "punch punch kick... shit. Punch punch kick... shit... punch punch kick FUCK YEAH, ULTRA COMBO... oh shit, they jumped. Jump to top corner, shoot fireball..."

KdoubleA

haunts said:
Vertical jump HK is so amazing against gief as long as you arent directly above him. It will beat lariat and allow you to combo into c.mk into lp/mp.. If they start blocking, cancel the tk and walk up throw or go for overhead or EX Seismo and SJC the hell out... Sometimes you can EX BK right in his face as well becuase when you are that close they will be so hungry to SPD you and it will not only take you off the ground but will hit him and score you a knock down.

Jump forward HK is pretty good too.. It will trade with Lariat which will put you at a disadvantage but it will cross him up a lot of the time and you can go for the nasty EX Siesmo combos after that...

You're right, back RH is good for when he is jumping in and Seismo while he is pacing back and forth is great as well...

Awesome, thanks for the tips!

haunts said:
np, fuck zangief. I hate him more than any other character in the game. i want everyone to beat him every time!!!
question about Ken's cross-up game: is that shit unblockable? or is it just the mental challenge of knowing the hit will register on the other side? It messes with my mind in the same way that Guile's cr. FK can mess with my mind (getting caught just because I forget that second, more powerful leg is coming around :lol ).

also, speaking of Guile, is there an effective counter to Guile's cr. FK? as in, is there a hit that can be plugged in between the first and second kicks in the sweep?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lawblob said:
Who you playing with today?

I started playing Akuma last night... might be a little too evil for me.
Started messing around with charge characters today and I'm finding Vega really fun though I'm certain I couldn't yet be effective with him. Right now, I'm still rolling with Guile.

Overall I'm finding charge motions less difficult than QCFs.

vas_a_morir said:
Akuma players suck ass. All they do is:

"Jump to top corner, shoot fireball. Jump to top corner, shoot fireball" then, after that fails, they go "punch punch kick... shit. Punch punch kick... shit... punch punch kick FUCK YEAH, ULTRA COMBO... oh shit, they jumped. Jump to top corner, shoot fireball..."
A fun way to taunt them is to press jab, jab, short regardless of which character you are immediately after jumping the SGS.

Dreams-Visions said:
[ It messes with my mind in the same way that Guile's cr. FK can mess with my mind (getting caught just because I forget that second, more powerful leg is coming around :lol ).

also, speaking of Guile, is there an effective counter to Guile's cr. FK? as in, is there a hit that can be plugged in between the first and second kicks in the sweep?

heh I main as Guile and basically live and die by the cr. FK and flash kick. It's amazing how often you can catch people with that 2nd leg. But I have no advice to offer you on how to counter. =p (not because I don't want to help, I honestly don't know.)

nasero

Chamber said:
Started messing around with charge characters today and I'm finding Vega really fun though I'm certain I couldn't yet be effective with him. Right now, I'm still rolling with Guile.

Overall I'm finding charge motions less difficult than QCFs.

Honda is always fun to play!

_dementia said:
A fun way to taunt them is to press jab, jab, short regardless of which character you are immediately after jumping the SGS.

I like your style, kid.

I seriously got tired of fucking with the fireball losers. I just get in the corner, and jump over every one of them until they fight me like a man.

MANGOD

Banned
I must have a jinx against ken cause I just cant ever seem to beat players using him. The worst things is I know whats coming but I always just lose my cool and get beat. Even with my blanca!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Dreams-Visions said:

I think most players' weak or medium kicks can be stuck in between the two sweeps.

Top Bottom