• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Threi

notag
-COOLIO- said:
grats. im still working on the 5 : (, but i got the 3 :D
i got the 5 on my first 5 ranked matches :D

you could pretty much make a macro for winning every match online vs Ken players :lol

its like fighting a CPU :p

*edit* nope, my bad, that was the 3 game achievement. Well at least i know what i will be doing over the weekend :)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I never really thought about it but someone mentioning it made me realize that there are probably billions upon billions of Ken vs Ken matches going on all the time :lol

MIMIC

Banned
RubxQub said:
I never really thought about it but someone mentioning it made me realize that there are probably billions upon billions of Ken vs Ken matches going on all the time :lol

Whomever masters the Ken Flow chart wins :)

Dreams-Visions said:
protip: some of you probably need to practice your counters to specific characters moves? Well step right up!

you can go to the training mode and control the dummy. you can then "record" any moves you do while controlling the dummy, then press play and resume control of your character. the "playback" will loop!

So if you want to practice countering shoryuken's, you can simply go to training...pick your character...pick Ken/Ryu/whoever...take control of Ken/Ryu and throw a fireball while recording...then select "play" and resume using your character. he will throw that fireball until you disable that playback.

It was actually a feature I listed in my mind as features I'd like to have in the game. I had no idea it was actually there! :lol
quoted for awesomeness.

MGrant

Fought a lot of runaway battles today. An El Fuerte, who jumped away and did constant cross-screen elbow drops, several Vegas who backdashed and then did Izuna drops/that thing where they launch off the edge of the screen, and even a Dhalsim who did jumping Fierce stretchy punches the whole time. None of them liked it when I got all up in their business with Rose's aerials/soul throw, though.

wi@tt

poserdonut said:
Still couldn't beat Seth, guess I'll just have to try to learn the combos or lower the difficulty.. :)

Easiest difficulty, one round win. Just get inside and punish him with heavy specials or heavy sweeps.

Jirotrom

MIMIC said:
True. But it doesn't absolve Zangief of his "TOO FUCKING STRONG"ness :)
Zangief is strong, but he is hard to use effectively. I consider myself a noob at him and I know if the match is set to 1 round I can probably pull off a win, but more than that and I may become predictable because I have a hard time landing the SPD just right.

wi@tt said:
Easiest difficulty, one round win. Just get inside and punish him with heavy specials or heavy sweeps.

Yeah, I probably won't have a problem on easiest. It just gets me so frustrated that I can't figure out what I need to do to get better at this game.

Jirotrom

poserdonut said:
Still couldn't beat Seth, guess I'll just have to try to learn the combos or lower the difficulty.. :)
nah man... you can do it... just dont get in too close to Seth. you need to jump in as he attacks. then step away or he will wake up and SPD you. If you jump in when he's stationary he will DP you, he gets really predictable and Sakura is a great character.

Jirotrom

poserdonut said:
Yeah, I probably won't have a problem on easiest. It just gets me so frustrated that I can't figure out what I need to do to get better at this game.
takes time man... you just need to play alot really. You'll naturally get better, I'm starting to beast with Balrog now.

wi@tt

poserdonut said:

Trials, honestly they have helped me a great deal. Too bad I still cannot get over 500BP:lol

-COOLIO- said:
shoryuken

spinning pile drive

take ur pick

not really. shoryuken will probably trade unless it's ex. spd would only work on wakeup, which would be a terrible time to cannon spike.

Just block the cannon spike and punish it.

Just played MicVlad on XBL...

I tried to send you a message saying bye...GGs

You have an interesting Dhalsim...there were some crazy shenanigans with the mid-air teleports, focus attacks and super/ultras.

It was the first time I played online. At first, it felt like molasses. The delay between inputs and moves was crazy.

I need a lot of training. I want sparring buddies...to help level me up. I'm going to look in the matchmaking thread and send some of you friend invites.

And LOL on the survival and time trial scores. One guy had like 600 wins...

Zangief is way too abusive with that spinning lariat.

Struct09

It's been stated before, but damn the arcade request option is genius. I don't think I'll ever use the menus to find an online fight again. I hope more games in the future copy this.

I've only fought 2 other kens online. i don't really care who i fight. if they keep spamming the same shit over and over its usually pretty easy to beat them.

Jirotrom

Ferrio said:
Block then punch rush should pretty much do it.
thats what I do... but I was wondering if he had a move that can actually interfere with it. Cammy annoys the crap out of me, so most of the time I fight her, I have to win turtle style. I can dominate offensively here and there, but my defense winning is usually the case, or just straight up outsmarting.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
akachan ningen said:
not really. shoryuken will probably trade unless it's ex. spd would only work on wakeup, which would be a terrible time to cannon spike.

Just block the cannon spike and punish it.
im not gunna lie, im just bitter and i hate ken and zangief

actually i <3 ken but hate shoryuken spam

actually i <3 the spam but thought id joke about it anyway

MoxManiac

Spiderjericho said:
Just played MicVlad on XBL...

I tried to send you a message saying bye...GGs

You have an interesting Dhalsim...there were some crazy shenanigans with the mid-air teleports, focus attacks and super/ultras.

It was the first time I played online. At first, it felt like molasses. The delay between inputs and moves was crazy.

I need a lot of training. I want sparring buddies...to help level me up. I'm going to look in the matchmaking thread and send some of you friend invites.

And LOL on the survival and time trial scores. One guy had like 600 wins...

Zangief is way too abusive with that spinning lariat.
`
Still waiting on the ps3 version?

Jirotrom

punkypine said:
everyone complains about shotos, but damn turtling guiles annoy the hell out of me lol
mostly because i dont know what to do about it
are you on 360... we can play sometime. I use guile as well so it will get you used to him.

MoxManiac said:
`
Still waiting on the ps3 version?

Yeah, I'm going to pick it up from UPS tomorrow evening. You're probably going to whup me good...

Seriously...I'm a novice...I was only able to survive McVlad based on my old SF skills not my character strengths or new systems.

jesus christ!!!! are the god's playing tonight or something?!?! i caught an ugly string of opponents, the first 2 had around 3,000BP the next one had 4,000BP and, i shit you not, the last guy had around 5,000BP. i stopped playing for a while after that string of losses.

xintin

whew, was hoping I could carry it longer, but finally lost after 13 straight wins.
that and the 1100+bp makes up for earlier in the day when I couldnt beat any goddam body:lol

tribal24

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
jesus christ!!!! are the god's playing tonight or something?!?! i caught an ugly string of opponents, the first 2 had around 3,000BP the next one had 4,00BP and, i shit you not, the last guy had around 5,000BP. i stopped playing for a while after that string of losses.

lucky i been looking for these people all this time never could find them

geeze, i'm the king of fucking being inconsistent, i bet no one in this thread can choke in a match as bad as me. 1 day i'll have a good streak, the next i can't beat shit. besides practice, anybody else have any advice to prevent choking!?! lol

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
EraldoCoil said:
geeze, i'm the king of fucking being inconsistent, i bet no one in this thread can choke in a match as bad as me. 1 day i'll have a good streak, the next i can't beat shit. besides practice, anybody else have any advice to prevent choking!?! lol
remember youre waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than they are

Xevren

EraldoCoil said:

I hate choking. I had a huge omega choke against a Guile player as Vega, he was throwing a sonic boom, and I fucked up my ultra that would have won it. Ate it right in the head and lost. My first losing streak =|

-PXG-

Easiest my fucking ass. Trying to beat Seth with E.Honda. This is fucking bullshit. The priority, the combos. How is this fucking easy? Tell me Capcom. How? I don't even want to know how fucking hard Medium is. And Hardest? I'll probably blow my fucking brains out.

Now that I've beaten Seth on Easiest and Hardest, I can honestly say that he's pretty much the same at both difficulties. I think he starts spamming teleport if you're on the ground and you're button mashing to get the Ultra out.

FightyF

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
Now that I've beaten Seth on Easiest and Hardest, I can honestly say that he's pretty much the same at both difficulties. I think he starts spamming teleport if you're on the ground and you're button mashing to get the Ultra out.

Pretty much. He is more hectic, but if you can counter the cheapness on Easiest you can in Hardest. Kinda. I never died against him on Hardest, surprising since I am not that great. If I can do it, anyone in this thread can. :p

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just hit my 5-win streak using El Fuerte/Sagat/Cammy. It's 1:45 am and I work tomorrow and my fucking piece of shit fightpad decided to start being stupid again so I'm calling it a night. I was owning nubs so hard too. :(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
-PXG- said:
Easiest my fucking ass. Trying to beat Seth with E.Honda. This is fucking bullshit. The priority, the combos. How is this fucking easy? Tell me Capcom. How? I don't even want to know how fucking hard Medium is. And Hardest? I'll probably blow my fucking brains out.
I saw a cheat on how to beat the game on hardest if you just want the achievement. I already beat it on hardest but thought it was hilarious. GET READY... Just choose Zangief and spam his Double Lariat, like the only move you will use for the next 9 rounds will be Double Lariat and he just kills everyone. I saw he had it set to two rounds and 99 seconds so just modify that to 1 round 30 seconds and you should breeze through the achievement. It sucks that I just found this out or else I wouldn't of spent like an hour trying to beat Seth on Hardest using El Fuerte.

edit: also thanks Mimic, my real life cursing habits translate into the forums with too much ease.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't know what the motherfuck is wrong with me, but I could hardly even beat scrotos on ranked tonight. I've gone from like 2k bp to...300?

Top Bottom