• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Is Ken like the best player for taking down Fei Long? I'm getting sick of fighting Ken's, but it seems that more often or not people are picking Ken in response to me picking Fei Long - i've had numerous occasions where it looked like my opponent would pick Honda or Sakura, only to switch to Ken when they see me pick Fei >.<

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
atomico said:
felicitaciones!
agregame. PSN: JUNKER99
Gracias ,hoy te agrego. :)

GrayFoxPL said:
Congrats! :D
I'm giving you a day to learn the moves (Xater sent me an invite when I was just installing :lol) and then it's on!
Thanks, only onde day ? I have to unlock all the characters,do trials and learn the
IN-DES-TRUC-TIBLE lyrics!

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Thanks, only onde day ? I have to unlock all the characters,do trials and learn the
IN-DES-TRUC-TIBLE lyrics!

I have the thing for almost a week and still haven't unlocked everyone. There's no time! :D
You know INDESTRUCTIBLE by heart like all gaffers here. We're just one huge boysband! :lol

Leave the trails be, they'll only give complexes. You'll end up currled up like a little ball in the darkest corner of the room suckind thumb, weaping and mubling: "mk to light yoga flame...mk to light yoga flame...mk to light yoga flame."

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
I have the thing for almost a week and still haven't unlocked everyone. There's no time! :D
You know INDESTRUCTIBLE by heart like all gaffers here. We're just one huge boysband! :lol

Leave the trails be, they'll only give complexes. You'll end up currled up like a little ball in the darkest corner of the room suckind thumb, weaping and mubling: "mk to light yoga flame...mk to light yoga flame...mk to light yoga flame."
:lol
Its true that some trials only can be completed using a stick ? o_O

Barrett2

GrayFoxPL said:
\
Ps. I'm also shit as Abel online. But pick Honda and tell me this: How much easier is to grab with honda's half circle then Abel's? Tell me I'm not seeing things. With Honda you grab off anything, with Abel it misses so often and is slow as fuck!

!

I think you might be on to something. I rarely grab with Abel, and his half circle throw never seems to connect, unless I am just spamming out of frustration.

My main problem with him is defense. I can deal a lot of damage, but I can never effectively block.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Its true that some trials only can be completed using a stick ? o_O

I believe there are trails that can only be completed if you have cyborg hands like those of info operators from Ghost in The Shell.
Tingle, tingle. Spider hands.

GrayFoxPL said:

I just did all of dhalsim's trials. His are by far the easiest ones. I went through all the hard ones in about ten minutes. Rufus's took me about 30.

Dizzy-4U

For those who sent me an invite yesterday: Sorry guys, I was having very bad connection problems. All the connections had only one red bar, so I wasn't able to play. I'm checking my router, enabling ports and stuff to see if I can fix this.

Fersis said:

I got it !!! I GOT SF IV !!!!! WOOOOOO !!!
The bad news? Im suck in the office for 8 more hours :(
Congrats man. As soon as my Ps3 version arrives, I'll let you know.

Fersis

Dizzy-4U said:
Congrats man. As soon as my Ps3 version arrives, I'll let you know.
Thanks!
The first week or so i will play arcade mode to unlock characters, so there is no hurry.

Dont forget about Seiken,he is a great player!

GrayFoxPL

akachan ningen said:
I just did all of dhalsim's trials. His are by far the easiest ones. I went through all the hard ones in about ten minutes. Rufus's took me about 30.

Without a stick?!

Anyway, you sir are obviously the biggest liar on the planet Earth!

I'm going back to my corner of tears.

Funny thing happened yesterday. It would seem that even GAFers are prone to ragequitting when using Zangief.

Context: added a few more people to the HD Remix Friends of Friends list yesterday who happened to have both games, and one of them was dmsilv1 (GAF account = Raxus). Saw him online yesterday so I figured "Hey, why not play a few matches with him" so I promptly invited him. Seemed like an OK guy at first, but then he started trash talking a bit (nothing actually offensive) when he won by shamelessly spamming Zangief's Lariat. Didn't really try to play all that serious until I got a feel for his style, but I did find it amusing that (ironically) he accused me of doing the same three moves over and over again, while he didn't exactly shy away from "abusing" some of Zangief's moves. Anyway...

Here's the funny part: when I lost to him, I kept playing and I didn't mind because it was quite honestly my own fault. Eventually he switched characters, then I started winning and because of that he started claiming that he "probably would've won if he started using Zangief again". I told him he should go ahead with that if he really wanted to; not in an attempt to taunt him or anything like that, but I personally don't care which character my opponents pick
unless they're a bad shoto lulz
. The next Zangief vs Dhalsim bout kicks off, I change my game plan (keep-away instead of my usual offensive fight style), he won the first round and thus began boasting again, but then I won the second round which apparently he didn't like one bit. So much in fact, that the following happened at the end of the third and final round:

ragequitlawl711.png

Later on he started sending me messages, saying that me keeping his Zangief at bay aggitated him - but isn't that what Dhalsim is supposed to do...? - or something along those lines. He did invite me back shortly afterwards though, explaining why he ragequit and basically apologizing, so we continue to play. Eventually he tried to provoke me again by boasting (again: nothing too serious and I'd almost say it was in a somewhat playful tone) but after a while he left once more when I declined on his 'offer' to use another character when facing him. He thought that was "extremely boring", even though he allegedly understood why I keep doing it (I forgot about his reasoning). At the same time, he also sent a message saying that I should "use someone new, it is fun".

My response to that? I showed him my player data screen:

boringyousay215.png

I wonder if that frickin' bored him out of his mind...

EDIT: at one point - I reckon due to sheer frustration - he stayed at the other end of the screen (beyond Dhalsim's reach in other words) and did nothing but the short Lariat for about a minute. Needless to say, I just sat in the corner and didn't do anything.

No_Style

I'll admit it right now. I'd probably 'rage quit' in order to match up with someone else of similar skill after several bouts of losing. Not because I'm particularly upset, I just don't see the point of being consistently outclassed. I'll keep a note of my faults and will try to address them at another time.

GrayFoxPL

No_Style said:
I'll admit it right now. I'd probably 'rage quit' in order to match up with someone else of similar skill after several bouts of losing. Not because I'm particularly upset, I just don't see the point of being consistently outclassed. I'll keep a note of my faults and will try to address them at another time.

Huh? Why not wait for an end of the match and quit. Send "gg, bye" and that's that.

LowParry

MicVlaD said:
Funny thing happened yesterday. It would seem that even GAFers are prone to ragequitting when using Zangief.

I have to ask if there was complaints about that teleport, hit, grab (from what I remember) method you use. Sure that annoyed the hell out of me but figured it's part of the game. :lol It was like 2 - 3 with a one win lead for you but damn, multiple throws can annoy someone. Guilty of doing that too with SRK whiffers on baiting people on wake ups.

DihcarEM

Bootaaay said:
Is Ken like the best player for taking down Fei Long? I'm getting sick of fighting Ken's, but it seems that more often or not people are picking Ken in response to me picking Fei Long - i've had numerous occasions where it looked like my opponent would pick Honda or Sakura, only to switch to Ken when they see me pick Fei >.<

Yes and no, a good Ken player can be a challenge for Fei Long but i don't think that's the reason why they keep picking him. I had the same thing happen to me over and over when choosing Fei Long, i choose quickly while the other person simply waits on other characters usually away from Ryu or Ken. Once i pick FL they quickly pick Ken almost every time. It's not that Ken is undefeatable, it's simply that he's one of the easiest characters to use in the game.

Chorazin

No_Style said:

Ragequits only happen during a match. Once the match is done it's just leaving the match.

I feel ashamed to say this because I'm not Street Fighter newbie but I am struggling on Ryu's trial level 3 (I think), all I have to do is a Forward HP & then Hadoken but I can't pull it off, what am I doing wrong, I keep doing shoryukens instead, any tips from you guys would be great, thanks in advance : )

No_Style said:
If that was directed at my post: I didn't outclass him to the point of stomping him, if at all. And what Chorazin said.

CcrooK said:
I have to ask if there was complaints about that teleport, hit, grab (from what I remember) method you use. Sure that annoyed the hell out of me but figured it's part of the game. :lol It was like 2 - 3 with a one win lead for you but damn, multiple throws can annoy someone. Guilty of doing that too with SRK whiffers on baiting people on wake ups.
There's not much room to grab Zangief like that if the player can quickly pull out his Spinning Piledriver or the Lariat, so no. Hence why I always try to keep a distance between Dhalsim and Zangief unless I know I can get away with it.

GrayFoxPL

BillyG_3001 said:
I feel ashamed to say this because I'm not Street Fighter newbie but I am struggling on Ryu's trial level 3 (I think), all I have to do is a Forward HP & then Hadoken but I can't pull it off, what am I doing wrong, I keep doing shoryukens instead, any tips from you guys would be great, thanks in advance : )

It's because forward then quarter circle forward done quick often registers as shoryuken. Try doing f+HP then letting go the direction for a split second(this is called going neutral "n") and then doing qcf+p.

GrayFoxPL said:
It's because forward then quarter circle forward done quick often registers as shoryuken. Try doing f+HP then letting go the direction for a split second(this is called going neutral "n") and then doing qcf+p.

Okay thanks I'll try this when i get home : )

Ploid 3.0

No_Style said:

I don't mind losing, I usually get better quicker when I play someone far above my skill. It force me to do something about my mistakes, and play less sloppy. (SFHD online)

LiK

Ploid 3.0 said:
I don't mind losing, I usually get better quicker when I play someone far above my skill. It force me to do something about my mistakes, and play less sloppy. (SFHD online)

yea, i play for fun, i don't get why people disconnect on purpose. if i win, great, if i lose, i just keep trying until i get better. the stats mean nothing to me.

anyone else play online while listening to a podcast? ;)

ShinAmano

Good games yesterday MicVlaD. You have a great Dhalsim. I was using the stick yesterday and i would say I have gotten much better with it in the last week, but still feel I am stronger on a pad...hopefully one day I can match skill on both.

Looking forward to some rematches.

Got the PS3 version yesterday, dove in to test haunts' theory, stopped just shy of 2k BP without much trouble, so that much I'm down with. The matchmaking was giving me way too many 0/low BP guys at the end of the session, even when I specified more skilled, so I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get the matches I need.

3 disconnects/ragequits over the session, too. One Ken and 2 Goukis, actually, oddly enough. I think some lower-level Gouki players must get really disoriented when someone isn't fazed by spamming air fireballs.

y2dvd

BillyG_3001 said:

That's not a combo. Please double check what the challenge is. I recall a challenge that required f+hp, cr hp, into something something.

Augh played til 2:30am and woke up at 6am for work. Thanks a lot sfiv. -_-zZz

No_Style

GrayFoxPL said:
Huh? Why not wait for an end of the match and quit. Send "gg, bye" and that's that.

Chorazin said:
Ragequits only happen during a match. Once the match is done it's just leaving the match.

I actually do 'rage quit'. Given the opportunity, I'll wait til we get back to the character select screen. Unfortunately SSF2T:HDR constantly presses forward and I can't properly quit in time. If the opportunity to quit after the match in SFIV is there, then I'd never rage quit in the traditional sense.

And it's not like I quit after 2 bouts. Maybe after like 5 or so of utter destruction against my repetoire of characters.

I also do the same thing when I'm dominating another player. It's just not fun.

LiK

No_Style said:
I actually do 'rage quit'. :D Given the opportunity, I'll wait til we get back to the character select screen. Unfortunately SSF2T:HDR constantly presses forward and I can't quit in time. If the opportunity to quit after the match in SFIV is there, then I'd never rage quit.

And it's not like I quit after 2 bouts. Maybe after like 5 or so of utter destruction against my repetoire of characters.

I also do the same thing when I'm dominating another player. It's just not fun.

hmm, i havent felt compelled to send any msgs simply because the ranked matches end pretty quickly. or maybe i'm too lazy. ;)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MicVlaD said:

Context: added a few more people to the HD Remix Friends of Friends list yesterday who happened to have both games, and one of them was dmsilv1 (GAF account = Raxus). Saw him online yesterday so I figured "Hey, why not play a few matches with him" so I promptly invited him. Seemed like an OK guy at first, but then he started trash talking a bit (nothing actually offensive) when he won by shamelessly spamming Zangief's Lariat. Didn't really try to play all that serious until I got a feel for his style, but I did find it amusing that (ironically) he accused me of doing the same three moves over and over again, while he didn't exactly shy away from "abusing" some of Zangief's moves. Anyway...

Here's the funny part: when I lost to him, I kept playing and I didn't mind because it was quite honestly my own fault. Eventually he switched characters, then I started winning and because of that he started claiming that he "probably would've won if he started using Zangief again". I told him he should go ahead with that if he really wanted to; not in an attempt to taunt him or anything like that, but I personally don't care which character my opponents pick
unless they're a bad shoto lulz
. The next Zangief vs Dhalsim bout kicks off, I change my game plan (keep-away instead of my usual offensive fight style), he won the first round and thus began boasting again, but then I won the second round which apparently he didn't like one bit. So much in fact, that the following happened at the end of the third and final round:

http://xs136.xs.to/xs136/09093/ragequitlawl711.png

Later on he started sending me messages, saying that me keeping his Zangief at bay aggitated him - but isn't that what Dhalsim is supposed to do...? - or something along those lines. He did invite me back shortly afterwards though, explaining why he ragequit and basically apologizing, so we continue to play. Eventually he tried to provoke me again by boasting (again: nothing too serious and I'd almost say it was in a somewhat playful tone) but after a while he left once more when I declined on his 'offer' to use another character when facing him. He thought that was "extremely boring", even though he allegedly understood why I keep doing it (I forgot about his reasoning). At the same time, he also sent a message saying that I should "use someone new, it is fun".

My response to that? I showed him my player data screen:

http://xs136.xs.to/xs136/09093/boringyousay215.png

I wonder if that frickin' bored him out of his mind...

EDIT: at one point - I reckon due to sheer frustration - he stayed at the other end of the screen (beyond Dhalsim's reach in other words) and did nothing but the short Lariat for about a minute. Needless to say, I just sat in the corner and didn't do anything.

Don't worry MicVlad, you know who to challenge when you want to play a Zangief who uses all of his repertoire... ;)

As soon as this busy week is over, you'll be seeing me online again!

Fersis

This is gonna be the longest day ever... ;_;
5 1/2 more hours!!!!

LiK

Captain N said:
How many achievements / trophies does everyone have??

only 11 achievements so far. i haven't touched the challenge mode yet. gonna play the PS3 version soon for the trophies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got drunk and played ranked matches last night.

destroyed the handful of Kens/Akumas with my Guile. i could punish whiffed srk's on wake up all fuckin day.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
GrayFoxPL said:
Ps. I'm also shit as Abel online. But pick Honda and tell me this: How much easier is to grab with honda's half circle then Abel's? Tell me I'm not seeing things. With Honda you grab off anything, with Abel it misses so often and is slow as fuck!
Yeah, Abel's spin throw definitely has an abnormally long startup relative to most of the other command throws in the game. It's kinda whack.

Top Bottom