• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

n3ss said:
Oh, wanted to mention I think Mr Jared is going to be streaming our game session tomorrow night (keystone lite). Might having a Toruny as well.

Attendants:
Mr Jared (Rose)
n3ss (Akuma/Blanka)
Haunts (Sagat/Viper)
A_Rival (Chun/Seth)
Magnus1234 (Blanka/Viper)
thrust07 (Bison)
lintrix (Sim/Ryu)
Pikie (Zangief)

and more...
Stream where?

n3ss said:
Oh, wanted to mention I think Mr Jared is going to be streaming our game session tomorrow night (keystone lite). Might having a Toruny as well.

Attendants:
Mr Jared (Rose)
n3ss (Akuma/Blanka)
Haunts (Sagat/Viper)
A_Rival (Chun/Seth)
Magnus1234 (Blanka/Viper)
thrust07 (Bison)
lintrix (Sim/Ryu)
Pikie (Zangief)

and more...

Where will this be streamed?

Edit: Damn ninjas.

Sectus said:
Thanks, that was a helpful video. Does everything in the video apply to SF4 as well? A bit odd to see the best video guide so far is one for a game 17 years old. Normal attacks you can cancel; is there any rule to which normal moves it applies to or do you have memorize which attacks you can cancel from?

the meat-n-patatoes of this video applies in SF4.

Honda has more cancelable normal moves in SF4 compared to Super Turbo.
While Ryu and Ken's crouching Hard Kick are not canclable anymore in SF3 and SF4.

but, the bare bones of these videos are applicable.

the timing of links are slower in SF4

n3ss

aka acr0nym
prodystopian said:
Where will this be streamed?

Edit: Damn ninjas.

I haven't heard from Mr Jared yet in regards to where it'll be streamed. We're all meeting up at 9pm Cali time at his place, so that's when it'll be starting.

Asked in the Arcade thread (Kinda running out of time..) But uh, can a PS3 MadCatz FightStick be modded to play on the X360 as well? or completely modified to play on the X360?

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Assembly Required said:
Asked in Arcade thread (Kinda running out of time..) But uh, can a PS3 MadCatz FightStick be modded to play on the X360 as well? or completely modified to play on the X360?

I heard yes, but it'll take some work

n3ss said:
I haven't heard from Mr Jared yet in regards to where it'll be streamed. We're all meeting up at 9pm Cali time at his place, so that's when it'll be starting.

Well I won't be able to catch that, then. Any idea if it will be recorded and posted somewhere later?

-COOLIO- said:
ggs jedi.

accidently picked abel in that last fight but i think i like him :eek:

his ultra is so easy to use right

That was fun almost had my first win. Haven't got to play much. What happened at the end we got disconnected?

PSGames

Is my 360 the only one that sounds like a hoover vacuum cleaner when playing this? Even with it installed it's louder than any other game I've played. Kinda worried. :lol

God I suck in this game... 3 wins, 10 losses so far...:lol

I'm going to mess around in Arcade and Training a lot before I go online again. And I want my SFIV stick to arrive first, too.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
darkjedi187 said:
That was fun almost had my first win. Haven't got to play much. What happened at the end we got disconnected?

You unconsciously rage quit, obviously

Barrett2

Alright, I spent the last hour reviewing Haunt's guide & practicing my stuff. Time to go into Ranked matches and see if I make any improvement.

h3ro

Freedom = $1.05 said:
So, uhhh....is there any way that one can see their W/L online? I'd like to know how I'm doing outside of using BP points.

You can go to Personal Data in the Main Menu, gives you a breakdown of w/l ratio, streaks, etc...

Raging Spaniard said:
What was that trophy for? I know I got it a while ago, as well as the 100 years too early/too late ones. Forgot what they all meant though :p
Oh, the "Playing to Win!" silver trophy is for "Win 10 ranked matches in a row."

Zeliard

SnowWolf said:
Exactly. The great irony is that the people in this thread complaining are just as scrubby as the scrubs they're calling out. Scrubbiness is an attitude, not just a result of picking a shoto.

I also think it's generally frowned upon in the Street Fighter/fighting game community to call someone who doesn't actually consider themselves a great player a scrub, yet I still see it thrown around a lot (though not coming from great players, generally, which probably says something).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What configs does everyone use for the 360 controller? My hand is starting to feel like hell after practicing the FADC into shit. :/

TheFreshPrince

Anybody have any tips for a brand new Street Fighter player? I've never really gotten into fighting games before, but I love SFIV. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at it :(....

Any ideas for as to how I can improve? I've been trying to find a character to main (basically spending a day online with each one...no luck so far), but any tips for how to practice, who to pick, what to work on?

Thanks!

Love when someone quits on me late in the second round seconds away from losing and then I message them saying "Hey, too bad you quit. Had a good game going." Their reply is ALWAYS something like this -- "Dude, LOL, I didn't quit you lagged. Peace."

I swear I've got that response multiple times, even though it's only happened when people are just about to lose and NEVER ANY OTHER TIME. Oh yeah, and there was no lag. Ever.

Shit, if you quit don't lie about it, too.

CartridgeBlower said:
Love when someone quits on me late in the second round seconds away from losing and then I message them saying "Hey, too bad you quit. Had a good game going." Their reply is ALWAYS something like this -- "Dude, LOL, I didn't quit you lagged. Peace."

I swear I've got that response multiple times, even though it's only happened when people are just about to lose and NEVER ANY OTHER TIME. Oh yeah, and there was no lag. Ever.

Whats weird is I didn't quit. I've only played online like 4 times because I have only had a couple chances to play the game. I don't even know how to quit. I don't know why I'm even bothering with this. I thought it was odd to get a disconnect, that's all.

Lé Blade Runner said:
God I suck in this game... 3 wins, 10 losses so far...:lol

I'm going to mess around in Arcade and Training a lot before I go online again. And I want my SFIV stick to arrive first, too.

Don't worry I was 2 wins and 18 losses at one point now I'm around 36 wins and 36 losses.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
i keep getting disc read errors in this game, and i have it installed... what can be the cause of this? it's incredibly annoying. i've deleted and re-installed a couple of times, but that doesn't seem to help. anyone else have this issue?

Ugh.. am I really going to have to do what an earlier post said ?

Sit on my couch in training and do nonstop fireballs and DP's and supers on a stick to learn how to do it on the TE Stick? Blargh :(

Zeliard

CartridgeBlower said:

Hey, that does actually happen. I've gotten disconnected a couple of times. "Luckily", it only happened on the VS. loading screen, not in-game, but it very easily could have.

Obviously, though, most of the time it's due to people quitting when losing.

Ferrio said:
His character design sucks. Only reason I liked playing him in SSFIIHD doesn't exist anymore.

I think Balrog's character design is much better in SFIV, actually. In IV he actually has the size and muscles to fit his strength. ;)

Ferrio

Banned
Zeliard said:
Rose can't offer this sort of massive intimidation factor, Ferrio, shamwow or not.

SUP NOW?

His character design sucks. Only reason I liked playing him in SSFIIHD doesn't exist anymore.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TurtleSnatcher said:

Sit on my couch in training and do nonstop fireballs and DP's and supers on a stick to learn how to do it on the TE Stick? Blargh :(

Ive practice some combos/moves 100+ times on each side in one session.

Threi

notag
finally got the damn fightpad (sorry to whoever preordered it at the EB near me)

lets see if i can re-adjust myself to it now :)

Just broke 1000BP finally. Lol. I know that's not very impressive for most of you but for someone that hasn't resorted to a shoto I feel I'm doing ok. Guile is da' man! I've really improved though since the first couple days of playing, thanks to practice and some help from haunts guide. :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
^

HAH! Just sayin.. there was a point where I was doing Makoto Super Art 2 combos like every day in training mode so practice a fireball or uppercut for a week or two is NOTHIN!

Threi said:
finally got the damn fightpad (sorry to whoever preordered it at the EB near me)

lets see if i can re-adjust myself to it now :)

keep playing bison.. PLEASE!

haunts said:
Ive practice some combos/moves 100+ times on each side in one session.
Le Sigh.

I bought a fightpad because I thought it would be a cheap way out.. but I can't stand unplugging my TE stick and plugging in my fight pad when I change from someone like Vega to Feurte..

Guess I gotta learn.. Tonight I will sit and practice for like 2-3 hours straight until I get it down.

Won

Screw you, MicVlaD, screw you!

Sorry, still not good at this game. Too many things I still can't do with my Boxer. I hope you got something out of it. :p

qcf x2

TurtleSnatcher said:

That might help. I used Makoto in Training Mode for 3rd Strike to learn how to use the Pelican Real Arcade stick about 6 years ago. It worked. But ...

I bought a Horii EX3 for the 360 in anticipation of SF4 and couldn't use it for shit. I tried training but it just didn't work. So I had someone (from here) mod it for me, among the mods was a bat top. Now it's fine. I just can't do that ball top shit. No sir.

Top Bottom