• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Zeliard

Chamber said:
Are you trying to send me to the poor house, my friend? :(

:lol

Hey, you're talking to a guy still using a DS3. :(

depward said:
Turn on fight requests and go into arcade mode..

He's right, though, you shouldn't have to do this to get into an online match. You should only have to go to "network battle" to get into a multiplayer game fairly quickly. I'm sorry, I really love SFIV, but the online is sort of broken right now. I've gotten probably 50x the amount of "unable to play" messages as I've actually gotten to play.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Zeliard said:
He's right, though, you shouldn't have to do this to get into an online match. You should only have to go to "network battle" to get into a multiplayer game fairly quickly. I'm sorry, I really love SFIV, but the online is sort of broken right now. I've gotten probably 50x the amount of "unable to play" messages as I've actually gotten to play.

Create your own games, it will work.

Rektash said:
The Quick match option always finds the same people which are "not playable" against and in the creat game no one joins. Fuck you capcom and make a proper matchmaking. WAY TO GO. So I basically can t play online atm.

Pretty much why I've decided to finish with this game, not helped by the fact that it takes ages to get a game while hosting (Gears 2 ages) and that even though I want to fight people higher skilled than me I never do since the match making is that fucked, in fact I always end up fighting lower skilled people. I've played about 15 games today.

14 against Ken and one Akuma.

Fuck that.

Not to mention that even when quick match finds a game people are allowed to remove you from it. What is the fucking point of having a quick match then?

Threi

notag
wtf @ CPU Zangief

im pretty much getting owned as abel

*edit* WTF IS WRONG WITH MY CONTROLLER?

it doesn't register QCF anymore...at ALL.

*edit #2* THE FUCKING X BUTTON DOESN'T WORK.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS.

Ferrio

Banned
Feral Youth said:
Pretty much why I've decided to finish with this game, not helped by the fact that it takes ages to get a game while hosting (Gears 2 ages) and that even though I want to fight people higher skilled than me I never do since the match making is that fucked, in fact I always end up fighting lower skilled people. I've played about 15 games today.

Fuck that.

Not to mention that even when quick match finds a game people are allowed to remove you from it. What is the fucking point of having a quick match then?

Play people from GAF. Hell when I find someone that's good in ranked I try to friend them so I can play more with them.

Xevren

Feral Youth said:

Fuck that.

Most players online are pretty annoying. Try what Ferrio said though, just ask if anyone on here is up for some friendly matches and throw your PSN or XBL tag out there. I've had some fun with alot of people on here.

-COOLIO- said:
ya i reaaallly wish i could assign full moves to the right analog

But then online would decend into the bullshit encountered in Capcom vs SNK 2 online via the original Xbox - the shitty EX controls (necessitated by the shitty Gamecube controller, but for some reason not removed in the Xbox version) meant online was plagued by a horde of assholes spamming Blanka's rolling ball attack. Where's the skill when all you have to do is spam the shit out of left on the stick + punch?

AZ Greg

I really can't understand some peoples mentality when playing Player Matches.

I've had people boot me if I beat them handily a time or two in a row, I've had people just sit in the lobby and never ready up after I beat them, I've had people thank me for not picking Ken only to call me cheap when my Claw beats them (And their Ken which they'll eventually run to), cussed out for hitting the fireball spammers with EX Sky High and my Ultra, been told I can only win with Claw since he's the best character in the game :)lol), etc...

If it were ranked I could understand, but damn...

Tokubetsu

Threi said:
wtf @ CPU Zangief

im pretty much getting owned as abel

*edit* WTF IS WRONG WITH MY CONTROLLER?

it doesn't register QCF anymore...at ALL.

*edit #2* THE FUCKING X BUTTON DOESN'T WORK.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS.

To be fair, Gief is a fucking horrible matchup for Abel. It'll be a really tough fight.

Threi

notag
the controller broke after less than 30 minutes of playtime.

im sorry but that is fucking bullshit.

Tokubetsu said:
To be fair, Gief is a fucking horrible matchup for Abel. It'll be a really tough fight.
That's not the issue. I went into practice mode and the X button on the pad doesn't work.

Ferrio said:
Play people from GAF. Hell when I find someone that's good in ranked I try to friend them so I can play more with them.

The thing is I shouldn''t have to do that.

I find fights in VF5 quicker even now.

Secondly the BP system needs to be scrapped, which only rewards winning, as I said before a rankings system based around the Defense, Offense, and Technique should be recognised. I feel it would eliminate a lot of the issues people have about the game, and actually encourage people to learn the game more and improve all aspects of their play.

h3ro

Threi said:

That's not the issue. I went into practice mode and the X button on the pad doesn't work.

Is there any warranty?

Did the place you got it from have any others? (unlikely, I know)

NeoUltima

Threi said:

A fightpad?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bootaaay said:
But then online would decend into the bullshit encountered in Capcom vs SNK 2 online via the original Xbox - the shitty EX controls (necessitated by the shitty Gamecube controller, but for some reason not removed in the Xbox version) meant online was plagued by a horde of assholes spamming Blanka's rolling ball attack. Where's the skill when all you have to do is spam the shit out of left on the stick + punch?
if you could spam it anyway after getting use to a stick whats the diff? sounds like blanka was just broken.

i get that learning the controller is part of the game but ive always been for the easiest form of input with games.

Feral Youth said:
The thing is I shouldn''t have to do that.

I find fights in VF5 quicker even now.

Secondly the BP system needs to be scrapped, which only rewards winning, as I said before a rankings system based around the Defense, Offense, and Technique should be recognised. I feel it would eliminate a lot of the issues people have about the game, and actually encourage people to learn the game more and improve all aspects of their play.

Is there any reason for battle points other than to unlock icons? Wins/losses should give a better indicator to performance.

Zeliard

Feral Youth said:

The BP system isn't too bad. What I think was a truly inspired idea was to hide win-loss ratios from public view and just show the person's BP. That alone will get an incredibly large number of people who wouldn't have touched the online due to possible ego bruising to give it a go.

for the next 45 min i'll be playing House of the dead Overkill, last two chapters (pretty nice game:D ), but soon after, feel free to add me. Practicing with Abel.

xbravoj (xbox Live tag)

Foxix Von

Feral Youth said:

Fuck that.

That's pretty weird... While I can't get into anything through quickmatch or custom when I actually host a game 50% of the time someone is in my lobby before the lobby even loads and even then when it doesn't I only have enough time to scroll through the mood icons.

Just having 1 on 1 lobbies is pretty garbage though. I would love to opt for something like SC's system or anything else:lol just so I can arrange xbl matches with more than one other person.

However maybe once you have more points, it becomes harder to find matches... I'm consistently hovering at around 0 :lol

VQ

If anyone wants some friendly, diverse matches with someone who knows the ins and outs of the basics but can't do 5 or 6 hit combo links:

CminusWARRIOR

add me -- I don't delay, bail out, and I also have a pool about 8 or so characters I play as so you'll get some fight experience with a diverse set:

Balrog
Guile
Honda
Gen
Blanka
Vega
Ken
Fei Long
Bison

Threi

notag
Yeah its a 360 Chun-Li fightpad, and it was the only one. Dunno if there is any warranty on it but the sure as hell better let me return a product i bought from them a couple hours ago...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
C- Warrior said:
If anyone wants some friendly, diverse matches with someone who knows the ins and outs of the basics but can't do 5 or 6 hit combo links:

CminusWARRIOR

add me -- I don't delay, bail out, and I also have a pool about 8 or so characters I play as so you'll get some fight experience with a diverse set:
Trey or 360?

dreamcastmaster said:
Is there any reason for battle points other than to unlock icons? Wins/losses should give a better indicator to performance.

In the majority of people's minds, the higher the number the better you are.

And they are only awarded in ranked mode afterall, that alone suggests otherwise. And the fact that the searching for higher skilled people is based on the amount of BP a person has, futhers that assumption.

sprocket

Banned
henhowc said:
Wow...people are still going on about shotos? You guys are more annoying than the people actually using them. :lol

whats annoying s barely losing ot a akuma who gets ds and es when i, scoring as and bs.
They just hit too hard.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Threi said:
Question for people with a fightpad:

Before i continue using it i want to know which is a better way to hold it:

either a) like a regular pad with my thumb on the face buttons, or b) with my thumb on the underside and all my fingers on the face buttons.

with b) i figure i will be able to input commands quicker, but i lose the ability to hit the shoulder buttons.

b) just sounds like a really awkward way to play.

I got rid of my pad and picked up a stick because I couldn't find a comfortable way to do PPP, KKK, and ultra moves with the pad. I held the control like a normal pad (a) but that resulted in having to use the triggers for PPP and KKK moves. Neither one seem ideal. :\

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ran into yet again another bug! This time looks funkier :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdX5qzHE2o

sf4megabug.jpg

Top Bottom