• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

SoulFist said:
Dang I just cannot get the timing down for Abel's Change of Direction.

Huh? It's just a QCF, but keep holding forward with the follow-ups. It's so easy a move that you're likely to accidentally pull it off.

bob_arctor said:
My favorite use for his Ultra is go right through a Ryu Ultra at semi-close range. I can only imagine the look on my opponents face.

Can you queue up your ultra during the face zoom of the other character? Or do you need to need to wait for 'the package to be on its way' first?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
prodystopian said:
I changed every button to HK and just ran my fingers across all of the buttons for a couple seconds. Eventually, it worked.
:lol

LowParry

Okay. Dictator is my new main. Sorry Boxer. You'll be my back up but goddamn is Dictator a freakin beast. GGs to TOOhuman2furius. He's got a mean offensive Sagat.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I think I need to take a break from rank matches and relax playing Player matches :lol , currently at 2600 BP and every game always brings my heart rate up really high lol. I should enjoy the game for what it is and mess around with other characters(70% of my character usage is Sagat)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
CcrooK said:
Okay. Dictator is my new main. Sorry Boxer. You'll be my back up but goddamn is Dictator a freakin beast. GGs to TOOhuman2furius. He's got a mean offensive Sagat.

YESS Dictator rules.. stick with him.

LiK

SteveO409 said:
I think I need to take a break from rank matches and relax playing Player matches :lol , currently at 2600 BP and every game always brings my heart rate up really high lol. I should enjoy the game for what it is and mess around with other characters(70% of my character usage is Sagat)

yea, i think i get tense just waiting to connect more than the actual match :lol

Threi

notag
lawblob said:
You're probably over-thinking it. Its a pretty seamless move to pull off. Just try to make it in a fluid motion.
I think its more in the speed it takes to execute the move. Many opponents can just mash buttons and it will stop CoD before it hits.

But oh when it connects its so beautiful :D

haunts said:
YESS Dictator rules.. stick with him.
Right now its a tossup between Abel and Dictator who is my favorite. Basically whoever i get better with.

But yeah I love using him. Just those damn super/ultra commands :mad:

afis6a.jpg

now, all you need is a dictator hat for your avatar :p

SoulFist

With the Change of direction, I can get the first QCF easily, but I can't get the timing right for the other two.I'm thinking I might be doing something wrong with the motion...Hmm.

Ferrio

Banned
SoulFist said:
With the Change of direction, I can get the first QCF easily, but I can't get the timing right for the other two.I'm thinking I might be doing something wrong with the motion...Hmm.

QCF+P, F+P, F+P. I mean... it can't get any simpler really...

LowParry

Hrmmm. I haven't ran into this yet but I'm bound to in the future. Dictator vs Dictator. What a scary match up that's going to be when I run into that. Hopefully I run into one that rather stay focused with ground control rather than air control. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SoulFist said:
Dang I just cannot get the timing down for Abel's Change of Direction.
It doesnt have much timing i think,just do the Change of Direction and keep pressing forward.

Threi

notag
SoulFist said:
its not QCF for the subsequent hits, it's forward + P.

you could mash buttons and land the extra hits :lol

Barrett2

About ready to fire up the game again; but im' paranoid about losing my precious 400 BP. Think i'll warm up in Player Matches for a while. I can't bear the thought of going down to 0BP again. The shame... :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Valkyr Junkie said:
Can you queue up your ultra during the face zoom of the other character? Or do you need to need to wait for 'the package to be on its way' first?

Pretty sure I queued it up during the animation but honestly I couldn't tell you exactly when--I go by feeling when it comes to timing--you can feel that it will work, if you know what I mean.

LowParry

lawblob said:
About ready to fire up the game again; but im' paranoid about losing my precious 400 BP. Think i'll warm up in Player Matches for a while. I can't bear the thought of going down to 0BP again. The shame... :lol

The whole BP is dumb. Rank should be just win/lose records imo. Player matches is where it's at right now. It's more fun and it allows you to try out ideas you have instead of thinking "oh shit, I lost BP. Fuuuuuuuuck!".

Threi

notag
lawblob said:
I don't even think that's possible :lol

I lost like 40 matches yesterday and won about 2 i think and i still have roughly the same BP.

nib95 said:
What are you guys talking about? Degree's of turn required for moves?
Yes.

That is all you need to do his regular 360 or ultra/super.

I've decided I'm going to say F U to my BP and play Dhalsim like crazy on ranked.. (Or I should do just player matches and not lose BP :p)

LiK

CcrooK said:
The whole BP is dumb. Rank should be just win/lose records imo. Player matches is where it's at right now. It's more fun and it allows you to try out ideas you have instead of thinking "oh shit, I lost BP. Fuuuuuuuuck!".

BP is a TRAP!

Ferrio

Banned
CcrooK said:

Win/Lose sucks since it's biased to how often you play and not how good you are.

Say you buy this game a year from now but you're really good. All it's going to take is trouncing lots high level BP players to get up in the leaderboards, instead of playing the game for a year straight.

LiK said:
yea, pretty easy to pull off in this game. i used to suck at doing his throw moves. SFIV is easy.

Gief inputs are braindead easy. Pulling off standing Gigas Breakers or Final Atomic Busters was considered godly skill in old SF games. It's common place in 4.

They made that easier while making supers a touch more difficult.

LowParry

Ferrio said:
Win/Lose sucks since it's biased to how often you play and not how good you are.

Ehhh, yeah. Good point. My win average is still above 50% so I suppose that's good. I expect it to go higher in the next week or so. Maybe.

Edit: I could be playing much better if my TE stick would come in! :( First week of March. First week of March.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CcrooK said:

It's dumb because you value the BP? Wha? BP puts something up for grabs. It's a great system.

I think I'll pick up Ryu for my second main. I just want a solid, no frills playstyle to switch up with Fuerte. I think he fits that bill nicely.

Frankly, I'm so bad that I don't even care about my win/loss ratio ( or BPs ). Not yet, at least. Perhaps after I have invested 100+ hours into a single character + mastered the arcade-stick I might think about it... But now? I'm just trying to have fun. As simple as that. :)

LowParry

Kintaro said:
It's dumb because you value the BP? Wha? BP puts something up for grabs. It's a great system.

I think I'll pick up Ryu for my second main. I just want a solid, no frills playstyle to switch up with Fuerte. I think he fits that bill nicely.

The value of the BP can be cheated out with online play. It's not the same as local arcade play. If that makes sense. That's why I see the system online being "dumb". It can be abused.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CcrooK said:
The value of the BP can be cheated out with online play. It's not the same as local arcade play. If that makes sense. That's why I see the system online being "dumb". It can be abused.

BP will work itself out in time. It's only been a week. How can it be cheated out?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kintaro said:
But then Gaffers will think less of you. :(

LowParry

Kintaro said:
BP will work itself out in time. It's only been a week. How can it be cheated out?

It was done with Tekken online. Those people who get their friends to lose so much or whatever to get the quick easy points so they can be listed in the top spot. And they won't play anyone else. (There's also people who disconnect from the game so they don't lose points in SFIV). Eh, I shouldn't be picky. I'm doing what everyone else here is doing. Having fun with the game. Along side with Star Ocean and Killzone 2...the hell am I going to find time to play them.

LiK

BP is good for keeping the hardcore players addicted and something to aim for. but aside from that, it's all in the mind.

Just finished listening to the latest Giant Bombcast and I really enjoyed their discussion on SFIV.

I want MOARE.

Anyone know of any podcasts that are SFIV content heavy?

Cromulent_Word said:
i am actually surprised how few people use dictator. i had this premonition that he would be super-prevalent but it doesnt seem that way.
The insane chip he dishes out for a blocked headstop is rediculous.

MoxManiac

Ferrio said:
Not really a problem with the system itself.

I think the BP system is fine, but obviously it can be 'cheated' doing this.

That said, I recall Seth Killian saying disconnectors would be punished. I think he needs to be called out for this, because currently this does not appear to be the case.

Top Bottom