• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts said:
haha awesome! glad you were landing it.. I had problems doing it when I first started playing 'gat

when I land c.lk x2 c.lp xx tiger uppercut xx fadc xx f+rh into ultra on someone online its the same thing. i think 90 percent of the ppl playing have never seen a combo like that. haha

forum_1e16a609_blank_stare.jpg

^^^Opponent reaction

I was pretty surprised when my friend landed Abel's launch into ultra.

haunts said:
haha awesome! glad you were landing it.. I had problems doing it when I first started playing 'gat

when I land c.lk x2 c.lp xx tiger uppercut xx fadc xx f+rh into ultra on someone online its the same thing. i think 90 percent of the ppl playing have never seen a combo like that. haha

lol ya it's going to take me a little longer to get that one down. I am struggling with that anti-air "juggle" or whatever though. I think I am just hitting it to late because either my opponents air attack hits me first, or we hit each other and I can never get that 2nd kick to come around.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:

I wish Ken could do this. :lol The closest I can get is landing the Shinryuken portion of his Ultra and not the full thing itself.

Baker

Banned
prodystopian said:
I was pretty surprised when my friend landed Abel's launch into ultra.

That's a pretty basic combo, at least according to Trial Mode. In saying that though, I've only landed it like three times. The timing of it sucks because you have to wait, but not wait too long (you know what I mean).

Dartastic

Arde5643 said:
If it's available (either at stores or online as long as it's not ebay), grab the madcatz fightpad - trust me, your execution improves 99% of the time unless your hands just got so tired like mine from practicing combos and strings.

I'm sure it would improve, but I need a stick anyway. I figure I might as well just save my cash for that. They did feel pretty good the one time I used one, however.

Baker said:
That's a pretty basic combo, at least according to Trial Mode. In saying that though, I've only landed it like three times. The timing of it sucks because you have to wait, but not wait too long (you know what I mean).

I was just surprised to see him land it. I did remember him saying he was playing around with Abel, but I didn't think he was getting the combos down. I can only imagine a more casual player getting hit with haunts' combo.

Finally got my copy of SFIV yesterday. I'm having a blast with it so far, but I'm stuck on this one part of Chun Li's Normal Trial mode. The game wants me to link:

a Target Combo > Medium Punch > Kikoken > Senretsukyaku (super)

The first three steps are a breeze, but I can't seem to cancel into the Super from my Kikoken to save my freakin' life. First I kept trying to charge for the super while Chun is performing the Kikoken animation, but it seems like it just doesn't last long enough, so I started trying to perform the Kikoken and then the rest of the motion for the Super. No dice, so I'm either doing it wrong or my timing is off. Any pointers for this one?

LiK

Rektash said:
Ok I played some more with Sagat and my verdict: Sakura fucking sucks ass.

He is faster, has more HP, makes more damage.

i played a good Sakura player and he trounced me by using some very weird combos. he wasn't the typical Sakura user. but yea, she's way weaker.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm glad I got the gamepad a week before the game came out.

Now I'll just wait for the mad catz sticks to be available, hopefully by the end of march I can get one

diffusionx

Gold Member
DimmuBurgerKing said:
The first three steps are a breeze, but I can't seem to cancel into the Super from my Kikoken to save my freakin' life. First I kept trying to charge for the super while Chun is performing the Kikoken animation, but it seems like it just doesn't last long enough, so I started trying to perform the Kikoken and then the rest of the motion for the Super. No dice, so I'm either doing it wrong or my timing is off. Any pointers for this one?

The way to do it is definitely the second way, your timing is off.

DimmuBurgerKing said:
Finally got my copy of SFIV yesterday. I'm having a blast with it so far, but I'm stuck on this one part of Chun Li's Normal Trial mode. The game wants me to link:

a Target Combo > Medium Punch > Kikoken > Senretsukyaku (super)

I can't land this either, but what you need to practice is charge back>forward+P>back>forward>KKK. Just do that on its own first until you can get the super to come out following the kikoken.

Nice user name.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Rektash said:
Ok I played some more with Sagat and my verdict: Sakura fucking sucks ass.

He is faster, has more HP, makes more damage.

Sagat is pretty much the best character in the game in terms of weaponry. It's not that Sakura sucks, it's that Sagat is just that much better.

Kildace

Teknoman said:
Whats strange is that I was one of the people still skeptical about MadCatz quality, yet my stick hasnt died yet.

I don't think a single SF4 stick / pad has made its way to my country yet, I wouldn't know :\ Not paying 85€ for a FightPad on EBay that's for sure.

Chorazin

Kintaro said:
Sagat is pretty much the best character in the game in terms of weaponry. It's not that Sakura sucks, it's that Sagat is just that much better.

But he has to connect to do that damage. If you're decent with Sakura you can use her speed and her spinning kick to get in, do damage, and get the hell out. Mongoose vs. Cobra!

Teknoman

Kildace said:
I don't think a single SF4 stick / pad has made its way to my country yet, I wouldn't know :\ Not paying 85€ for a FightPad on EBay that's for sure.

I thought they would've at least had the products worldwide by now... then again I guess they've still got quantity issues in North America too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont get why Capcom did the FADC thing, for casual players cancel a 'cancel' with a dash can be troublesome.
IE: Fierce Punch -> cancel with Focus Atack -> Cancel the Focus Atack with a forward dash.
It could be easier with just pushing forward or backward.
Anyway the game is freaking awesome. :D

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Baker said:

yeah, that's bread n butter stuff for him. You have to be able to land this every single time when the opportunity is there.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Fersis said:
I dont get why Capcom did the FADC thing, for casual players cancel a 'cancel' with a dash can be troublesome.
Anyway the game is freaking awesome. :D

you can win plenty of matches w/o ever using an FA.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
haunts said:
you can win plenty of matches w/o ever using an FA.
Oh i know, just that the producer always says that the game is casual frendly and stuff.
Also moves like Zangief 360º motion... need to go.Remix had the 'SNK trow command' :
Half Backward Circle ,forward + Punch.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Fersis said:
Oh i know, just that the producer always says that the game is casual frendly and stuff.
Also moves like Zangief 360º motion... need to go.Remix had the 'SNK throw command' :

HELL NO!!

Fersis said:
Nah, he said he'd like to recapture the old fanbase, hence the familiar characters and omission of parries.
The "casual" thing was journos/bloggers putting words in his mouth.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Fersis said:
Also moves like Zangief 360º motion... need to go.Remix had the 'SNK trow command' :

oh yeah. all the real combos in this game take timing that is out of reach for a casual player..

Fersis

haunts said:
oh yeah. all the real combos in this game take timing that is out of reach for a casual player..
Yeah, which is cool to me. Tough im stuck with the Sagat fake kick,and C.Viper trial of HK + Half Circle forwardx2 + Punch :lol

captmcblack said:
Ugh, got my ass beat last night by rushdown Cammys; looks like this thread put the word out that Cammy is the shit :(

What can I do to keep the rushdown pressure off and take her down? Spiral Arrow into Cannon Spike seems to work with the same uberquickness/priority it had in CVS2. Bonus points if there are ways I can do this with say, a Blanka.

I was already playing with her from the get go, hey you probably played against me if you was on PS3 but prob not since I didn't lay a blanka :D

I had my ass handled to me from a Blanka, he is also quick when it comes to his spins and what not especially his ex spins. if you time your electricity just right you will protect your self alot.

Baker

Banned
bob_arctor said:
yeah, that's bread n butter stuff for him. You have to be able to land this every single time when the opportunity is there.

Yeah. My Fighting Stick 3 just refuses to recognize QCFx2 like 75% of the time.

It's ok though, I usually do well enough with Abel that I don't need the ultras. Unless I'm playing Cobra (yeah I know you're reading this).

Fuck, the right trigger on my 360 pad is screwed. Now my character is permanently kicking even if I just put the pad down and don't even touch it :( As if using it to play this game wasn't bad enough already.

Fersis said:
Yeah, which is cool to me. Tough im stuck with the Sagat fake kick,and C.Viper trial of HK + Half Circle forwardx2 + Punch :lol
This one is rather easy. Do the close standing roundhouse (the 2-part kick), but buffer your QCFx2 + P input to finish right when the first kick connects. It will cancel out of the animation (no second kick comes out) into the super.

Dizzy-4U

YakiSOBA said:
whats the difference between doing a FADC dash vs a regular dash?
You can't cancel super moves (like a Shoryuken) with regular dash. You need to cancel them with focus, and then dash to cancel the focus attack and you're free to do whatever you like.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
haunts said:
i dont think timing is the problem for most people, but just the muscle memory of the inputs. if i could control this game with my mind then o sht >_________<

Fersis said:
That works as well in this game.. don't go full 360.. go half circle plus a tad bit more then punch.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
-COOLIO- said:
i dont think timing is the problem for most people, but just the muscle memory of the inputs. if i could control this game with my mind then o sht >_________<

YOU DO

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Baker said:
Yeah. My Fighting Stick 3 just refuses to recognize QCFx2 like 75% of the time.

It's ok though, I usually do well enough with Abel that I don't need the ultras. Unless I'm playing Cobra (yeah I know you're reading this).

My favorite use for his Ultra is go right through a Ryu Ultra at semi-close range. I can only imagine the look on my opponents face.

xero273

TurtleSnatcher said:
That works as well in this game.. don't go full 360.. go half circle plus a tad bit more then punch.

Just want to be sure I got this right so Gief's 360 is actually 225 and his 720 is acutally 585, correct?

LiK

TurtleSnatcher said:

yea, pretty easy to pull off in this game. i used to suck at doing his throw moves. SFIV is easy.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
captmcblack said:
Ugh, got my ass beat last night by rushdown Cammys; looks like this thread put the word out that Cammy is the shit :(

What can I do to keep the rushdown pressure off and take her down? Spiral Arrow into Cannon Spike seems to work with the same uberquickness/priority it had in CVS2. Bonus points if there are ways I can do this with say, a Blanka.

I wish Cammy was that awesome, but Blanka is a pretty bad matchup for her usually. NONE of Cammys specials are safe, that being said dont try to interupt the spiral arrow - cannon spike combo. Its fairly easy to do but i have a problem doing it online prob because of a little lag. Instead just punish the blocked cannon spike. If she jumps in on you amazon river run her or if you think shes gonna cross you up fire off the electricity. Remember that cammy has to come to you and there isnt really any reason to leave the turtle position against her.

Top Bottom