• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Mamesj

Banned
punkypine said:
i was playing online and the other guy chose dan... i wasnt sure if i should lol or be terrified

i ended up beating him easily, but man, choosing dan is messing with your opponents mind

if you wanna screw with them, highlight Seth the whole time in the character selection screen until they choose. If they don't, go to your character at the last second.

that was part of my strat for intimidating noobs when I got the Playing to Win achievement :lol

Finally got some more playtime with the game.

Been doing some of the trails. I really wanted to learn Guile, but damn I can just never get the hang of charge characters and tried out some of Chun Lis trials, she's awesome. But wow, are these things tough!

I tried to tackle arcade mode again to get a better feel for the game, just default Ryu at regular settings. OMG, yes I actually beat Seth and unlocked Sakura.

Really fun playing as Sakura....and now I think...I love her...

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Finally got some more playtime with the game.

Been doing some of the trails. I really wanted to learn Guile, but damn I can just never get the hang of charge characters and tried out some of Chun Lis trials, she's awesome. But wow, are these things tough!

I tried to tackle arcade mode again to get a better feel for the game, just default Ryu at regular settings. OMG, yes I actually beat Seth and unlocked Sakura.

Really fun playing as Sakura....and now I think...I love her...

An arcade stick do wonders for charge and hold characters.

Oddly enough, since getting the stick I've actually gotten worse at the QCF motion based characters.

I used to be awesome with Ken on my 360 controller :(

Oh well.

MrOctober

Banned
MrOctober said:
Can Gouken's parry knock you out of any combo? I'm just picking dudes for fun and playing online and I picked Gouken, not really knowing what I was doing and I destroyed a kid who was clearly better than me and was doing combos.

Anyone know about this?

C- Warrior said:
An arcade stick do wonders for charge and hold characters.

Oddly enough, since getting the stick I've actually gotten worse at the QCF motion based characters.

I used to be awesome with Ken on my 360 controller :(

Oh well.

I have the same issue.

I got the achievements for getting all the colors and personal actions tonight. Just need to beat the hard time trail & hard survival mode. I gave up on the challenges, Zangief was the only one I could complete on normal.

Sweet Jesus I suck hairy donkey ballz at this game.....I'm Currently 3-30 ( two of which were pity wins from a friend who was trying out characters he doesn't use). I've been sort of getting the moves down but in actual battle i end up spazzing out and buttton smash.....The ps3 pad is okay but i cant do the qct's and the stick is too damn sensitive, so in order to do my ultras I have to hold the controller like a tool ( sidewayz and shit) in order to pull one off...

It's still fun but getting raped online is getting old fast....

How's the fightpads?

psn:Roynell317 (come and kick mah ass)

y2dvd said:
Time to play online!
3311769010_957e0a8b5d_o.png

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Good games Ferrio, did you see Chun's face during an ultra I missed and you hit me at the end of the round? I couldn't stop laughing!! :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
vertopci; God damn I'm shit with everyone except Balrog :( I tried to mix it up a little when you went off Vega, but I realized my Akuma game isn't the same it was in Third Strike and I don't have a third wheel...

You had some good shit going with Vega, though you should punish blocked headbutts more. A grab works great or a combo if you have something charged.

vertopci

Brobzoid said:
vertopci; God damn I'm shit with everyone except Balrog :( I tried to mix it up a little when you went off Vega, but I realized my Akuma game isn't the same it was in Third Strike and I don't have a third wheel...

You had some good shit going with Vega, though you should punish blocked headbutts more. A grab works great or a combo if you have something charged.

Yea I should have punished those headbutts, but I was always too slow :( Those weak punches would hit me everytime :lol

usea

I use the littlest growing plant with the tag "In Training." What's wrong with that? I'll pick whatever shit I want.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
vertopci said:
GGs man. Either you raped my Vega or Vega sucks against balrog :lol

GGs :D

Pretty sure I just suck
yeh, Vega is a bit mismatched against Balrog. :\

Good games though. You just need to punish more, you could have had me if you just punished after your blocks, which you had locked down.

Zertez

Zertez said:
Ive been playing around with Viper some, but cant seem to get her 3 combo in trial 3 normal down. It is HK into Emergency Combination. The HK is 2 hit and I think you need interupt the HK halfway and go into Emergency Combination, but I cant seem to do it. Anyone have a tip how to pull it off?
Im still trying to get past this one. Ive tried everything. Sometimes the HK interrupts after the first kick, but he blocks the super. If I finish out the HK, the super misses. Anyone know what I need to do, to get pass it?

Xevren

Zertez said:
Im still trying to get past this one. Ive tried everything. Sometimes the HK interrupts after the first kick, but he blocks the super. If I finish out the HK, the super misses. Anyone know what I need to do, to get pass it?

Try doing QCF+HK then QCF+punch to get your super. Since she doesnt have a QCF+kick move you can just use it as a buffer if you dont have crazy fast input speed.

Any advice on how to mix up the game a bit? Online implementation is driving me nuts, and I've got no interest in doing the >10 string challenges. I'm thinking about selling the game while it's still worth something.

I really wish the online was better.

lol...small goof. I am looking at Brawler costume pack code that comes with 360 CE. It says check PSN often for new costume packs.

Check the PlayStation Network often for more Alternate Costume packs to be released soon.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MirageDwarf said:
lol...small goof. I am looking at Brawler costume pack code that comes with 360 CE. It says check PSN often for new costume packs.

Check the PlayStation Network often for more Alternate Costume packs to be released soon.

They are weekly releases. Japan is ahead of the U.S. by one week, so the Shoto pack came out yesterday. The U.S. just got the beauty pack.

I didn't really care about the shoto pack but got it anyway. It's fun to use Dan's alternate.

Lyte Edge said:
They are weekly releases. Japan is ahead of the U.S. by one week, so the Shoto pack came out yesterday. The U.S. just got the beauty pack.

I didn't really care about the shoto pack but got it anyway. It's fun to use Dan's alternate.
he's talking about the 360 version having "Playstation Network" printed on it

Is there some kind of trick to pulling off cancels consistently? I just can't seem to get the timing down. I'm using a pad, maybe that's part of it, but I find that you basically have to do 2 things at the same time and it's near impossible for me.

Just broke 3K BP. Finally starting to see more legit players in ranked, although most of them are Ryu. At least they are good and mix it up a little. Makes it that much more satisfying when they eat combat boot. Lot more droppers today, but I don't know if that might be because online was kinda crappy today.

Today was the first time I experienced significant lag. Hopefully it's fixed in an hour when I go back.

Oh yeah, I hate that I get matched up in games where if I win, I literally get 1 BP, but if I lose i lose 130. Come on Cap, at least a little closer...

-PXG-

I'm thinking about giving this game up for good. There is just no hope. It's not like Smash were I could play all day long and had people who TAUGHT me and give me lessons on how to get better.

Jirotrom

-PXG- said:
I'm thinking about giving this game up for good. There is just no hope. It's not like Smash were I could play all day long and had people who TAUGHT me and give me lessons on how to get better.
whats the problem...?

Jube3

-PXG- said:

The guides haunt wrote are fantastic at giving you a heads up. There is also his videos he made plus the trial mode to show ya. Dont give up :D

vertopci said:
Anyone want to play a few matches on the PS3 version?

I suck so you'll probably rape me :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zby1-1ylD0

-PXG- said:
Challenge mode, come here and ask questions, read posts and get into games with people that will teach you some shit

-PXG-

Getting my ass kicked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It never ends. No matter what I do, no matter who I choose, I fucking LOSE. In every other game I've played, I ALWAYS improved. I ALWAYS got better. I ALWAYS pulled through, no matter how "bad" (relatively) I was when I first started. Tony Hawk. Halo. Guitar Hero. Gears. Unreal Tournament. Resistance. Super Smash Bros.

But this game is just perpetual rape. It's fucking torture. It's almost depressing :(

Top Bottom