• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Azih

BIG BUBBA said:
I also have a ridiculously hard time doing the Ultra moves (in the Trial mode when it asks me to). I have about a 5% success rate. Is there a better button configuration or something for when it asks for PPP or KKK? Pressing A, B, and the trigger at the same time (and with perfect timing) is incredibly hard for me.
Look at the control configuration. PPP and KKK are mapped to one of the shoulder buttons by default. You can change it around to your liking. Use the single buttons.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Foxix said:
Forget A,B, and the trigger and just hit left bumper or left trigger. Those are premapped to PPP and KKK :lol

VQ

Oh my god... I can't believe I didn't notice this. For whatever reason, I thought both triggers were the same and both bumpers were the same. Oh jesus, this should make things so, so much easier.

Xevren

BIG BUBBA said:
Oh my god... I can't believe I didn't notice this. For whatever reason, I thought both triggers were the same and both bumpers were the same. Oh jesus, this should make things so, so much easier.

Someone is usually surprised by this daily, so dont feel bad.

Duelist

Pimpbaa said:
Huh? Of course she does. Her moves are similar and done mostly the same way.

Even though her moves are the same inputs as Ryu's and Ken's, they're much different. For example, her Shouoken can't be used as an anti-air like a Shoryuken. Her fireball can be charged to vary speed, but the distance gets changed as a result. And her Ex hurricane kick can start juggles.....

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
What's the best way to get in on a fireball spammer with Balrog? I Sagat just destroyed me earlier because I couldn't get near him. :lol

Balrog is turning out to be a lot of fun though.

Duelist

NameGenerated said:
What's the best way to get in on a fireball spammer with Balrog? I Sagat just destroyed me earlier because I couldn't get near him. :lol

Balrog is turning out to be a lot of fun though.

Headbutt and EX dashes.

Pimpbaa

Duelist said:
Even though her moves are the same inputs as Ryu's and Ken's, they're much different. For example, her Shouoken can't be used as an anti-air like a Shoryuken. Her fireball can be charged to vary speed, but the distance gets changed as a result. And her Ex hurricane kick can start juggles.....

Anti-air? Juggles? What? SHORYUKEN!

MIMIC

Banned
The match is extremely close. Who ever gets the next hit wins. I'm playing against Blanka; I'm Guile. I choke and accidentally launch a flash kick while he's just blocking. I turn away from the screen in disgust and drop the controller, totally dejected in my inevitable loss.

But to my surprise, the time expired :lol Thank God for turtles :D

4/4 against Zangiefs today. I let one get too close and he just spammed the bellyflop crossup with the lariat spin and managed to win a round. -_- I need to learn how to counter that in Training.

Fei Long is amazing. Just wanted to drop in and say that. His normals are disgusting, and his HCF+K is safe as fuck.

All he needed was to be able to juggle into his Ultra somehow. Shienkyaku -> FADC -> Ultra would have been nice. As it is, I'm using it for chip victories and to punish wiffed Shoryukens and Ultras.

Duelist

FlightOfHeaven said:
Fei Long is amazing. Just wanted to drop in and say that. His normals are disgusting, and his HCF+K is safe as fuck.

All he needed was to be able to juggle into his Ultra somehow. Shienkyaku -> FADC -> Ultra would have been nice. As it is, I'm using it for chip victories and to punish wiffed Shoryukens and Ultras.

Do you play on 360? If so, up for some games? Been wanting to play against a Fei long for a while now. My gamertag is Dueist XI.

Arde5643

the androgyne said:
Looking for fights! My GT is:
the androgyne

Experience online has been pretty laggy for me, haven't found anyone above 1 bar :(
Have you been getting the connection with the flashing lights? they're so far the best ones for me.

chidrock

poserdonut said:
Finally won my first ranked match!

So how long did it take you? I played for like four hours tonight and won a total of one match. I even gave up on ranked and just played regular matches. (that's where I won mine) I guess that's what I get for not touching the game all week - I suck! :(

Blanka is the shit in this game. Piano electricity and surprise forward ftw.

...also, E. Honda is awesome. His sumo throw is kinda broken, like the SPD. :lol

Jube3

Finally broke 2k rating with abel. Man those were some learning curves. I think I started out at around 0-40 with him lol

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
chidrock said:
So how long did it take you? I played for like four hours tonight and won a total of one match. I even gave up on ranked and just played regular matches. (that's where I won mine) I guess that's what I get for not touching the game all week - I suck! :(
I don't get it. I try to play ranked, and everyone disconnects on the lobby screen. (3-4 bars is unplayable? Really?) Then when someone finally connects, (I think I was averaging about two fights an hour) I get to face off against jumping HK to low HK Ken every time.

how the fuck do i unlock
Gouken?

ive beat the game with Akuma without continuing. Then used Ryu and beat the game without continuing in this order:
1. Perfect
2. Ultra
3. Ultra
4. Ultra
5. Normal
6. Normal
7. Normal
8. Normal

I actually fought
Gouken
and beat him last night but my power went out during a storm during his final cutscene...now can't seem to even get to fight him

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
GodfatherX said:
how the fuck do i unlock
Gouken?

ive beat the game with Akuma without continuing. Then used Ryu and beat the game without continuing in this order:
1. Perfect
2. Ultra
3. Ultra
4. Ultra
5. Normal
6. Normal
7. Normal
8. Normal

I actually fought
Gouken
and beat him last night but my power went out during a storm during his final cutscene...now can't seem to even get to fight him

Here

Barrett2

Im' going to take a break from Abel and start using Sagat. I just don't seem to be making progress with Abel with my W/L ratio, I think I might not be a good enough SF player in general to use him right now.

Awntawn

GodfatherX said:
how the fuck do i unlock
Gouken?

1. Perfect
2. Ultra
3. Ultra
4. Ultra
5. Normal
6. Normal
7. Normal
8. Normal

I actually fought
Gouken
If you're on 360 you need 2 perfects. In addition, I was told, you need to have 5 first attacks for both consoles.

nib95

Banned
Is there any way I can get the different costume packs on UK PSN? All I'm seeing is the brawler pack which contains costumes for characters I don't even use.

nubbe

nib95 said:
Is there any way I can get the different costume packs on UK PSN? All I'm seeing is the brawler pack which contains costumes for characters I don't even use.
no, since SCEE suck and is behind on everything

chidrock said:

I would guess around 20-30 matches or something like that, don't know how much time.

It sucks though, I never get any bars on the connection to my opponents so the matches always feel a little lagged out.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man those ex2 sticks are brilliant. half the price off the otherones and they feel and play great.

Now I actually need to get GOOD at street fighter.....

Stantron

Question: If Ken does a Fierce DP that misses, when he lands, is he vulnerable to being thrown, or can he totally negate any throw attempt by doing another DP immediately when he lands? I'm trying to figure out if some of my wiffed throw attempts are due to bad timing, lag or just not a good idea to try on a skilled Ken player. Playing as Chun.

CPS2

Stantron said:
Question: If Ken does a Fierce DP that misses, when he lands, is he vulnerable to being thrown, or can he totally negate any throw attempt by doing another DP immediately when he lands? I'm trying to figure out if some of my wiffed throw attempts are due to bad timing, lag or just not a good idea to try on a skilled Ken player. Playing as Chun.

You can get a guaranteed throw. If you have ultra meter, use that. If they're in the corner I tend to do up kicks then EX bird.

Stantron

UC1 said:
You can get a guaranteed throw. If you have ultra meter, use that. If they're in the corner I tend to do up kicks then EX bird.
Thanks. My wiffed throws must of been lag delay then. :/
In order for Chun's ultra to connect all hits, does the blond bastard need to fully land from the DP? I know a few times, I missed too early because I didn't want him to start blocking after landing.

Stantron said:
Thanks. My wiffed throws must of been lag delay then. :/
In order for Chun's ultra to connect all hits, does the blond bastard need to fully land from the DP? I know a few times, I missed too early because I didn't want him to start blocking after landing.

If his feet don't touch the ground, he'll get knocked away by first few hits of the ultra.

A reminder.. we have 4 slots open for PSN members in the GAF SF4 Tournament

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353768

XBL signups are closed.

I just hit 90 hours gameplay time on SF4.. (God i'm sad)

I also am now decent with El Feurte.. no one knows what to do it seems online when I use him. Wall jumps catch them by surprise. Also his Ultra has got to be the best in the game. Its so fucking amazing and has great range.

I have also been focusing on Dhalsim and that is getting better.. I'm doing some nice crossup combos that I see on youtube videos to my advantage and its working a bit.

Anyways.. so tired.. !

yeb

GGs MicVlad. Those Rose vs. Dhalsim matches were crazy.:lol Was it my imagination, or did your meaty yoga catastrophe actually TRADE with my wake-up reversal super fireball? I kept trying to abuse Gen's kara throw when I used him, but I think Dhalsim's too jump happy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
question on controllers, I'm using a USB EX2 fighting stick,

the other night a friend invited me to play gears, so I try to do so, however, how the hell do you switch to the pad as the controller without turning off the xbox, unplugging the usb sticks and starting up the xbox with the pad again?

yeb said:
GGs MicVlad. Those Rose vs. Dhalsim matches were crazy.:lol Was it my imagination, or did your meaty yoga catastrophe actually TRADE with my wake-up reversal super fireball? I kept trying to abuse Gen's kara throw when I used him, but I think Dhalsim's too jump happy.
Yeb! Saw you on the rankings :)

Top 100 ! Nice!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TurtleSnatcher said:
I just hit 90 hours gameplay time on SF4.. (God i'm sad)

I think you're awesome. I've only been able to play like 18 hours due to working ~65 to 70 hours a week. :(

Top Bottom