• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Won

Woohoo back to 0 bp. Played Fuerte the whole night and won only 2 games. But even losing one game after another is so much fun with him. :D

Shadow780

Balb said:
I'm doing Balrog's trial 4 and I'm having issues doing Buffalo Head > Violent Buffalo. I understand that I have to do DB + UF to keep the charge but I still can't seem to hit his ultra after the Buffalo head.

Do this for Buffalo Head:

DB > UB Punch

This way you're still charging back after Buffalo Head, that should let you execute Violent Buffalo with ease. (still has to be fast tho)

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Won said:
Woohoo back to 0 bp. Played Fuerte the whole night and won only 2 games. But even losing one game after another is so much fun with him. :D
right on. i respect a 0 bp over a 2000 bp anyday

unless the 2k dude uses like gen or some shit

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
anhyone wanna play? 360 version here, name 'bistromathics'. sent out some invites but no responses. i'm pretty bad (maining sakura), but i've taken a bunch of xanax so i am probably worse than usual. hit me up.

God damn.

For a fat guy, Rufus is damn quick, that fat bastard.

Been trying to practice as Chun Li but he's whooping my ass left and right here. Buffering charge moves and combos are killing my fingers!

MIMIC

Banned
Back over 2000 BP :) Played a LOT of scrubs (which was surprising) since the vast majority of my recent wins are over people who could easily beat me.

Now my right thumb is as sore as my left. I almost broke it in dance class yesterday :lol -_-

Dammit. Game just gave me the dirty disc error. And I am pretty sure I was playing from the hard drive? And now my install is gone?

Maybe it's been running from this disc the whole time and I forgot to reinstall it. Though I would have noticed the noise, since it's making a ton during the install. Ugh either way.

mittelos

To my amazement, my Gamestop had one PS3 fightpad in stock today, so I went ahead and picked it up. Anyway, everything feels better, but I'm still not consistently getting out Rufus' ultra. I think I don't have the speed right of moving from down to forward on the dpad. How fast do you make the motion?

Cowie

mittelos said:
To my amazement, my Gamestop had one PS3 fightpad in stock today, so I went ahead and picked it up. Anyway, everything feels better, but I'm still not consistently getting out Rufus' ultra. I think I don't have the speed right of moving from down to forward on the dpad. How fast do you make the motion?

It's pretty quick -- and the quicker the better, really. If you're having trouble, go into training mode and turn on the input display, so you can see if you're missing part of your double quarter circles, or if the input is right and its just too slow.

LuCkymoON

Banned
lol at the damage scaling in this game

Chun Li's jumping toward fierce-> crouching fierce (first hit) -> M.SBK-> super, does less damage than just crouching fierce (first hit) -> M.SBK-> super

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Carpal tunnel and 3 hours of sleep the day before and I still managed to win 11 times without any losses today. Not bad for an average player.

mittelos

Cowie said:
It's pretty quick -- and the quicker the better, really. If you're having trouble, go into training mode and turn on the input display, so you can see if you're missing part of your double quarter circles, or if the input is right and its just too slow.
I messed around a little bit last night with turning on the inputs. Am I looking to make sure the down and forward arrows light up? If so, it must be my speed. I actually slowed down thinking maybe that would work better.

Cowie

mittelos said:
I messed around a little bit last night with turning on the inputs. Am I looking to make sure the down and forward arrows light up? If so, it must be my speed. I actually slowed down thinking maybe that would work better.

you've got some leeway, like maybe if you do it in under.. a second maybe? i'm bad with time.

CPS2

Arde5643 said:
If you block it, check for this - if you block 2 hits from the tiger knee, you can punish with a throw, jab or any fast special moves.

If you block only one hit from the tiger knee, prepare to block more and anticipate a throw since Sagat recovers mighty fast before you can do anything.

If it's a light tiger knee, you can't punish with a throw unless it's Zangief's SPD.

Got some good practice for the tourney in with my Sagat and Guile tonight. Faced a couple really good Blanka's. Haven't fought to many yet or played much as him so he can really mess with me. People seem to be mixing it up more in ranked matches, at least on XBL. Played my share of Ryu/Ken's but also good Cammy's, Guiles and of course stupid Gief (i kid, i love the red cyclone).

Unfortunately I also picked up Killzone 2 today...I'm experiencing a gaming meltdown of awesomeness.:D

AZ Greg

Omar Ismail said:
Don't feel bad man. Your VEGA is pretty mean, and I had A LOT more trouble with it compared to MicVlad's Dhalsim.

Though your Vega didn't stand up to Balrog too well :p

Yeah, Balrog always gives me trouble. I hold DB way too long and get punished by Balrog's rush overhead. Same thing was happening with your Abel's little twirl kick thing. Really need to break that habit. I was also eating way too many headbutts. I always need to tone down my pace when I face him. I finally did that on the last match that I won vs. him. Also, that damn 2 punch to throw thing that Abel does was just wrecking me. I didn't find out until the last match that the throw can simply be blocked. :| :lol

Good matches.

LakeEarth

TaKeRx said:
OMFG!! Quitters are ruining this good game. I had my 3rd quit today. It's no fun. :(
At least they get the loss for it. In Street Fighter 3rd Strike on Live, if someone dropped, you BOTH got losses.

aerofx

-_- I need some strategies against Vega and freaking blanka. I can barely beat these characters, especially when they turtle. frustrating when I can't tap punch the blanka rolls anymore.

I only use cviper.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
using sakura badly correlates very closely i find with wapanese gamertags

if i see you in a lobby and your gamertag is '^_^ MARIKOCHAN ^_^' you have ALREADY CHOSEN SAKURA and lost and are also a fat white dude

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Are the "Normal Trials" supposed to be impossible? I can usually get past level 2 or 3 of the trials for each character, but once they expect me to string together combos, I get lost. I mean, I press all the right buttons, but I guess my timing is off. It's pretty idiotic that they don't have little video clips showing you how the moves are pulled off/the timing.

I also have a ridiculously hard time doing the Ultra moves (in the Trial mode when it asks me to). I have about a 5% success rate. Is there a better button configuration or something for when it asks for PPP or KKK? Pressing A, B, and the trigger at the same time (and with perfect timing) is incredibly hard for me.

AZ Greg

drohne said:

if i see you in a lobby and your gamertag is '^_^ MARIKOCHAN ^_^' you have ALREADY CHOSEN SAKURA and lost and are also a fat white dude

:lol

CPS2

drohne said:

:lol :lol :lol

Foxix Von

BIG BUBBA said:
Are the "Normal Trials" supposed to be impossible? I can usually get past level 2 or 3 of the trials for each character, but once they expect me to string together combos, I get lost. I mean, I press all the right buttons, but I guess my timing is off. It's pretty idiotic that they don't have little video clips showing you how the moves are pulled off/the timing.

I also have a ridiculously hard time doing the Ultra moves (in the Trial mode when it asks me to). I have about a 5% success rate. Is there a better button configuration or something for when it asks for PPP or KKK? Pressing A, B, and the trigger at the same time (and with perfect timing) is incredibly hard for me.

Forget A,B, and the trigger and just hit left bumper or left trigger. Those are premapped to PPP and KKK :lol

VQ

Top Bottom