• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
After finally having a chance to put in time, got my BP up to 1590--strictly Abel. 17 hours of gameplay, I'd say 16 of it online. Hell, I haven't even bothered unlocking Gouken yet.

On Abel--wheel kick is his friend. EX one especially. Abuse his jumping MK on opponent wake-up or when pressing---a great, great cross-up. Finally feel like I'm getting good rythm with him even if every now and then I get "stuck" by a pressing shoto. Lack of a reliable anti-air really is evident in those situations. Tick throws seems to still be working on people--cross 'em up MK, cr.LK, Tornado Throw. Or variations thereof.

Haunts--if you read this--I sent you that friends invite last night on LIVE. illegalwiretap.

Anyone want to add me, I'll be back online tomorrow night full force--having tons of friends over, including my best friend who is all Zangief and is talking smack about his 2400 BP.

kiryogi

Banned
Slayn: thanks! although i got dominated as always. it was good training against boxer and gouken at least. No idea how to handle Blanka still. Also, don't really use Dictator or Sakura much, it show. XD

slayn

needs to show more effort.
nice games kiryogi
time for a break.

Also, I think I've played for like 2 hours now online and didn't face a single ken. I'm proud of you street fighter 4 community.

Foxix Von

Arde5643 said:
Can someone whip up a Sagat Flowchart following the Ken flowchart? With Tiger Knees replacing the Shoryukens? :lol

Done... but it ain't pretty and I suck with paint:lol
SagatFLOW2.jpg

VQ
EDIT: screw it:lol

SPIRAL ARROWCANNONSPIKESPIRALARROWSPI NDRIVESLASHERSPIRAL ARROWSPIRALARROW SPINSPIKE CANNONSPIRALARROWSIINPDRIVE SMASHERSTRIAL ARROW SPIN DRIVEARROW SPIRAL CANNONSPIKE SPIRAL SMASTERCANNON ARRO SPIRAL ARLOW

On Cammy's 4th Hard. The funny thing is, I can FADC with ease, it's connecting the fucking Spiral Arrow to Cannon Spike that gives me trouble.

Arde5643

-COOLIO- said:
i havnt run into any sagats that spam tiger knee tho >.>

except myself
I dunno, it might just be because I'm using Fuerte and Vega and that's why they didn't abuse tiger uppercut - but they'll spam Tiger Knees like crazy against me though. :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why in the world would they only release it on Wii?

Square Enix is dumb.

Foxix Von

-COOLIO- said:
i havnt run into any sagats that spam tiger knee tho >.>

except myself

The first one I made had tiger uppercut... but I noticed he asked for tiger knee and did another patch job in paint:lol ... guess it works either way though:lol

EDIT:Oh wow how'd I miss the T in paint :lol

VQ

Rektash

I just noticed that 1x Ken punch, canceled into fierce shoryuken takes MORE than 1/3 of Sakuras total HP. Now I know why I hate playing against Ken as Sakura. The damage seems just unfair, I mean Sakura is a friggin close range fighter and has NO Hp and has to do SICK combos to do comparable damage XD.

LakeEarth

Finally got it online last night, and ended with a pretty poor record. I thought my Zangief would be doing much better, but without parrying, he's not even close to as good as my Hugo (which is strange because they're at opposite ends of the tier spectrum). My surprise current main is Honda, who has that nice command throw which works well to punish in laggy conditions. I'm still going to try to find another character though.

My current problem is I just don't know how to control match flow, but that will come in time. Currently the game is under SF3rd Strike for me (pay no attention to the avatar), but it's still very fun.

Arde5643

Foxix said:
The first one I made had tiger uppercut... but I noticed he asked for tiger knee and did another patch job in pain:lol ... guess it works either way though:lol

VQ
:lol :lol

Good work, Foxix.

Once scrub Sagat players found the beauty and cheapness of Tiger knee, they tend to forego moving around, blocking, jumping, and just spam it like crazy. :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Arde5643 said:
:lol :lol

Good work, Foxix.

Once scrub Sagat players found the beauty and cheapness of Tiger knee, they tend to forego moving around, blocking, jumping, and just spam it like crazy. :lol
How do you punish it?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
slayn said:
with a reversal that either hits on first frame or has invinceability?
:O

uh

i mean when im knocked down, and recovering, cani avoid taking damage from a low heavy kick?

im not jive to your lingo : (

MoxManiac

Rektash said:
I just noticed that 1x Ken punch, canceled into fierce shoryuken takes MORE than 1/3 of Sakuras total HP. Now I know why I hate playing against Ken as Sakura. The damage seems just unfair, I mean Sakura is a friggin close range fighter and has NO Hp and has to do SICK combos to do comparable damage XD.

Sakura has the same amount of health as Ryu/Ken/Guile etc which is 1000.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
-COOLIO- said:
:O

uh

i mean when im knocked down, and recovering, cani avoid taking damage from a low heavy kick?

im not jive to your lingo : (
if you do a special move right as you are getting up, on your side of the screen will pop up a little thing saying 'reversal.' What this means is that you went from laying down->attacking with no point inbetween where you are vulnerable. Now, if the special move you did this reversal with is invinceable when it starts, the kick will go through you without hitting.

The other option is that your attack hits immediately without any time before the move activates, in which case you and the person sweeping you will hit each other at the same time and trade.

The timing on reversals is pretty lenient if you just mash it out. This is why you get a lot of ken's dragon punching when they wakeup, they can mash out a reversal and hit people trying to sweep them while they are getting back up. This is also why you can destroy many of the kens online by knocking them down and then walking up and blocking while they try to reversal dragon punch you.

fernoca

Yay! :p
Two days without playing, come back to day and earn the 'Beat Arcade in Medium without continues', and 'Beat Arcade on Hardest'...'Beat Arcade and Gouken on Hardest' is next! :)

LowParry

diffusionx said:
60 hours in a week, how is this even possible. I have put 23 hours into it since the 17th and that is obscenely high for me nowadays. Damn work.

Dedication man. Gotta commit if you want to be with the others on top. It's been a very long time since I've been active with a fighter. Last one was Tekken 5 on the PS2. Arcades were just barely starting to live during that time so the local tourny's we had were a godsend.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
slayn said:
if you do a special move right as you are getting up, on your side of the screen will pop up a little thing saying 'reversal.' What this means is that you went from laying down->attacking with no point inbetween where you are vulnerable. Now, if the special move you did this reversal with is invinceable when it starts, the kick will go through you without hitting.

The other option is that your attack hits immediately without any time before the move activates, in which case you and the person sweeping you will hit each other at the same time and trade.

The timing on reversals is pretty lenient if you just mash it out. This is why you get a lot of ken's dragon punching when they wakeup, they can mash out a reversal and hit people trying to sweep them while they are getting back up. This is also why you can destroy many of the kens online by knocking them down and then walking up and blocking while they try to reversal dragon punch you.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

awsome thanks

now i get hoe shoryukens get out so quick

Kccitystar

5 Akumas in a row. All have followed the same strategy of jumping back/air fireball and when they're low on health and I'm like near a Perfect, they hail mary a Raging Demon hoping they can catch me

BTW, when you search for ranked fights, is 3 the default amount that can be shown?

LowParry

Oldschoolgamer said:
Anyone up for some matches?

I'd like to later on. BSG is on in an hour and need to go get some dinner. Since you and I share the same characters (Bison/Balrog), I'd like to see how well I am against a mirror match of the two or visa versa. :D If you're on XBL that is.

CcrooK said:
Dedication man. Gotta commit if you want to be with the others on top. It's been a very long time since I've been active with a fighter. Last one was Tekken 5 on the PS2. Arcades were just barely starting to live during that time so the local tourny's we had were a godsend.
Heh yea. I'm up to 80 hrs :X

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm on XBL.

CcrooK said:
I'd like to later on. BSG is on in an hour and need to go get some dinner. Since you and I share the same characters (Bison/Balrog), I'd like to see how well I am against a mirror match of the two or visa versa. :D If you're on XBL that is.

Yes! My balrog needs work, but the Bison matches should be fun. :D

Arde5643

SapientWolf said:
How do you punish it?
If you block it, check for this - if you block 2 hits from the tiger knee, you can punish with a throw, jab or any fast special moves.

If you block only one hit from the tiger knee, prepare to block more and anticipate a throw since Sagat recovers mighty fast before you can do anything.

keanerie

I figured out why I've been having trouble using Focus Attacks lately.

My MP button only registers every other tap, and doesn't register when I hold it down.

That new stick needs to get here asap.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bob_arctor said:
After finally having a chance to put in time, got my BP up to 1590--strictly Abel. 17 hours of gameplay, I'd say 16 of it online. Hell, I haven't even bothered unlocking Gouken yet.

On Abel--wheel kick is his friend. EX one especially. Abuse his jumping MK on opponent wake-up or when pressing---a great, great cross-up. Finally feel like I'm getting good rythm with him even if every now and then I get "stuck" by a pressing shoto. Lack of a reliable anti-air really is evident in those situations. Tick throws seems to still be working on people--cross 'em up MK, cr.LK, Tornado Throw. Or variations thereof.

Haunts--if you read this--I sent you that friends invite last night on LIVE. illegalwiretap.

Anyone want to add me, I'll be back online tomorrow night full force--having tons of friends over, including my best friend who is all Zangief and is talking smack about his 2400 BP.

Yo man maybe we can get some games in tonight..

fernoca

Sorry if this has been asked already but..
How do you unlock the Chun-Li, Ken ,etc Home clothes?

I've seen people around Home with them..and the game per se only has the Dan, Akuma, and Shadolo (sp?) shirts...

EDIT:
Nevermind, you have to buy them at the store..

Balb

I'm doing Balrog's trial 4 and I'm having issues doing Buffalo Head > Violent Buffalo. I understand that I have to do DB + UF to keep the charge but I still can't seem to hit his ultra after the Buffalo head.

How in god's name do you do Balrog's crouching MK into the Crazy Buffalo? Every time I think I've got it down Dan recovers just in time to block the super.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Arde5643 said:
In fun quotient, nothing can beat the Super Dynamic Chef, man! :D

In frustration, no one can beat him either. One failed input on a run or something and there goes half your life if you play anyone decent. I love playing him, but I really despise how shitty he takes damage and how badly he dishes it out.

Chorazin

Balb said:
I'm doing Balrog's trial 4 and I'm having issues doing Buffalo Head > Violent Buffalo. I understand that I have to do DB + UF to keep the charge but I still can't seem to hit his ultra after the Buffalo head.

Try doing his Ultra with Charge DB > DF > DB > DF+3x P/K

It seems more reliable when I do it that way, especially on a joystick where it slams into each diagonal.

Arde5643

Kintaro said:
In frustration, no one can beat him either. One failed input on a run or something and there goes half your life if you play anyone decent. I love playing him, but I really despise how shitty he takes damage and how badly he dishes it out.
Haha yeah - agreed on that - he lives and dies on the run input. If he had just better health and does more damage, he'd definitely be a more viable character.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Arde5643 said:
Haha yeah - agreed on that - he lives and dies on the run input. If he had just better health and does more damage, he'd definitely be a more viable character.

Yeah. A five game losing streak blowing a lot of my BP doesn't help either. Had to turn the game off.

Top Bottom