• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Nice matches findmyfarms
I gotta head to bed though!

I wish I had more characters at a better level instead of having to rely on blanka.

Ronabo

2DMention said:
This game suffers from HDTVitis like Dead Rising did. Very hard to read the text on the screen if you are using an SDTV.

Yeah tell me about it. I can't read people's Gamertag's or other small things.

Zertez

I know I asked a little earlier in the thread, but could someone explain exactly how buffering moves work. If there is a solid site with good information feel free to pm me the link. Im trying to link a HP or HK into a super. My timing is off and I tried to input qcf>HK>qcf>P and no matter how many times I try, I still cant get it. Am I buffering the move wrong or missing the idea of buffering moves?

This is bullshit! I fucking hate this controller! GGs Relix and the rest, but this is some shitty ass shit! Fuck this shit in the name of Saikyo!

GG's MicVlad from earlier today.

My Dhalsim sucks.. only could get a win against yours once every 3 or 4 games :(

EDIT: I just passed 95 hours play time.. :(

Askia47 said:
GGs Akachan Ningen, my cammy got destroyed by you. :lol Your rufus is awesome.

I still have a long way to go.

Fun matches. Your cammy isn't bad. You have pretty good instincts for when to throw out the ultra, although it's pretty risky anyway. Her spinning knuckle is a pretty horrible move isn't it? Didn't seem very effective. Something about her is off compared to cvs2. seems like all her moves are slower and laggier.

anyway, keep it up. :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ive found Cammy is a pretty great character to transition from a shoto player. Ive been able to use her lately with pretty awesome results just from Ryu tactics, but she adds her own spice to the whole thing, making it all more unpredictable (same goes for Rose and Sakura)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kind of OT, but heres the reason why I havent been online since .. this morning

xavier_garcia_darkstalkers_wip01.jpg

Udon has a Darkstalkers Tribute book in the works, and the call for entries ends tomorrow, so i gotta get this done soon! They say they don't want the artists showing their stuff because it would ruin the surprise but 1: Its a contest and I may not win soooo "eh" and 2: I dont think any Udon employee is checking this thread religiously (if you arte though "hi! please dont be mad :D )

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Five straight rather demoralizing losses to a good Zangief. That guy has unfair range. Seriously. I'll take back what I said about counter characters. Poor little Fuerte has to run TOWARDS that fuck to fight him? I got grabbed out of some wild shit.

I think it's time I start a new character or put the game up for awhile.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Sectus said:
leaderboards.jpg

Hmm... look at MicVlaD's BP and CminusWARRIOR's rank. Conspiracy methinks. Also I'm bit puzzled why I have more BP than most people in my friendlist. I've played against most of them and I lose 90% of the time!

what the? how did you take a perfect screenshot like that? (from the xbox360 lol)

Raging Spaniard said:
Ive found Cammy is a pretty great character to transition from a shoto player. Ive been able to use her lately with pretty awesome results just from Ryu tactics, but she adds her own spice to the whole thing, making it all more unpredictable (same goes for Rose and Sakura)

Amen to that. I'm playing SF4 constantly, and decided to take a break from Ken today (he's been my guy now for 17 years). Cammy is a fantastic transitional player -- I even won a couple matches online with her.

I never liked her in previous Street Fighters... but I really dig her in SF4.

Man, sucks so hard that I can't play any of you guys. Me living in Asia and all. I would love to get destroyed by some of you guys; I'm so freakin' horrible at this game. I've only managed to beat really bad charge players, but against a mediocre shoto player, I usually get destroyed.

Arde5643

Kintaro said:
Five straight rather demoralizing losses to a good Zangief. That guy has unfair range. Seriously. I'll take back what I said about counter characters. Poor little Fuerte has to run TOWARDS that fuck to fight him? I got grabbed out of some wild shit.

I think it's time I start a new character or put the game up for awhile.
Fuerte's tostada splash and tortilla propeller beats Gief's lariat, right?

I'm surprised that people complain about fireball spammers.

I'm very new to the concept of the deeper strategies of this game and I'm still incapable of pulling off high level combos consistently, but it seems to me that fireball spammers just make it all the easier to test your skills at stringing Ultras onto the end of your combos.

Every absorbed fireball contributes to your Ultra meter even though you regenerate the damage it dealt. They're basically just giving you a free Ultra gauge without any of the permanent damage that you would usually have to take to build it.

I'd love to play some people. I'm still learning most of the strings and special techniques, though (My main is Gouken...believe it or not, I go most matches without releasing a fireball once unless I do it on accident while trying to tie into an Ultra).

MoxManiac said:
I wish capcom seperated BP as a per character thing. Wasn't that how it was done in JP arcades?
If I could have one thing patched into the game it would be this. Yeah, there are a lot of online issues, but I can live with them. I want to be able to search with same-skill opponents using a different character so I can have an easier time learning that character. Give it to me Capcom!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Are 'character win rates' fucked up for anyone else? I have 6/6 100% with balrog and a lot of other random ones for other people, but I play exclusively with balrog and have played, like, 150 online matches and countless training and off-line matches. :\

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Arde5643 said:
Fuerte's tostada splash and tortilla propeller beats Gief's lariat, right?

Sure, if they use it. Otherwise, Gief can grab you from slides, blocks and just about anything else. Fucker grabbed me out of combos. I also swear he grabbed me out of an EX run with an EX grab. EX Leg whip from wake up to escape can be grabbed as well. Was frustrating as fuck.

Raging Spaniard said:
Kind of OT, but heres the reason why I havent been online since .. this morning

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/xavier_garcia_darkstalkers_wip01.jpg[IMG]

Udon has a Darkstalkers Tribute book in the works, and the call for entries ends tomorrow, so i gotta get this done soon! They say they don't want the artists showing their stuff because it would ruin the surprise but 1: Its a contest and I may not win soooo "eh" and 2: I dont think any Udon employee is checking this thread religiously (if you arte though "hi! please dont be mad :D )[/QUOTE]

A tribute book? That's pretty weird considering they just released the Darkstalkers Graphic File book in the US two months ago.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Brobzoid said:
Are 'character win rates' fucked up for anyone else? I have 6/6 100% with balrog and a lot of other random ones for other people, but I play exclusively with balrog and have played, like, 150 online matches and countless training and off-line matches. :\

It's win rates against the char, not as your character.

Raging Spaniard

Valkyr Junkie said:
A tribute book? That's pretty weird considering they just released the Darkstalkers Graphic File book in the US two months ago.

Not really, the Graphic File book is old. I bought it in Japan a year ago and its all art that was done for the games way back when, has nothing to do with Udon.

http://www.udonentertainment.com/darkstalkerstribute/

What they are doing though, is launching the comic book, and since they already did the SF tribute book (successfully, even) they're moving onto the next logical step, plus Ono has already mentioned that he would like to make a new Darkstalkers game with the SF IV engine, so the series is in full revival mode right now.

The tribute book in itself is a neat idea because it gives something unique to consumers: you get to see the Udon artists flex their muscles a little bit, have a contest to see what fanart makes it into the book and my personal favorite part of the project is all the guest artists that were asked to contribute to the book, offering a very wide range of styles and interpretation (which is what made the SF Tribute remarkable in my opinion) Darktsalkers being a fantasy world, it sets itelf apart and provides a very wide margin of ways you could make fanart out of it, its a very unappreciated franchise really.

nib95

Banned
Is there a guide somewhere that shows what unlocks what? Ideally I'm looking for a guide that shows all Icons/Titles and how to unlock them. Character colours wouldn't be half bad either. Anyone?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Brobzoid said:
online and off-line or just off-line? Because the numbers seem jacked either way.

Pretty sure it's online, both ranked and player matches, though could be wrong.

Draw games (I have a ton), Drops and stuff can jack it up also.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Any tips to easily beat Survival mode? I'm on Level 10, but I'm really only doing it to try to get to Level 16, which I think gives you black outfits...

wi@tt

BIG BUBBA said:
Any tips to easily beat Survival mode? I'm on Level 10, but I'm really only doing it to try to get to Level 16, which I think gives you black outfits...

infinite time use it to your advantage

krazen

BIG BUBBA said:

Zangief+Lariat is your friend. The computer falls for a well timed lariat 95% of the time.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Bison is pure bullshit online. Because of input lag I simply cannot go from down block, see his scissor kick start up, and go to up block in time to keep from getting hit. I think I've beaten Bison like 3 times online, some of the matches I simply couldn't do anything because of input lag. In training mode I can sit right next to bison and block his low LK's and then block the scissor kick on reaction. Online I can't do it from halfway across the screen. Add to the fact that because of input lag I can only punish him for a blocked HK slide about half of the time and I'm fucked.

Any lagtastic tactics I can use against bison players with Ryu, since once they hit that first scissor kick they just keep spamming it and I fucking die. I need some cheap ammo.

vertopci

GGs Brobzoid

Timedog said:
Bison is pure bullshit online. Because of input lag I simply cannot go from down block, see his scissor kick start up, and go to up block in time to keep from getting hit. I think I've beaten Bison like 3 times online, some of the matches I simply couldn't do anything because of input lag. In training mode I can sit right next to bison and block his low LK's and then block the scissor kick on reaction. Online I can't do it from halfway across the screen. Add to the fact that because of input lag I can only punish him for a blocked HK slide about half of the time and I'm fucked.

Any lagtastic tactics I can use against bison players with Ryu, since once they hit that first scissor kick they just keep spamming it and I fucking die. I need some cheap ammo.

There is no input lag online unless your internet is complete shit :/

Top Bottom