• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
vertopci said:
daaaaaaaamn! you totally had my number! :( I picked up on how to punish Vega's slides in that last fight, but hell, you fucked me with everybody. I hate Blanka, but Bison? shieeeet... You had me man. :lol
Good job calling my recent title change into question. GGs, can't wait for the tournament. ;)

vertopci

Brobzoid said:
daaaaaaaamn! you totally had my number! :( I picked up on how to punish Vega's slides in that last fight, but hell, you fucked me with everybody. I hate Blanka, but Bison? shieeeet... You had me man. :lol
Good job calling my recent title change into question. GGs, can't wait for the tournament. ;)

Yea, you won the like the first 4 or something and then I just got in the zone

I found you absolutely hate grabs so I made sure to abuse them :lol

I won't be in the tourney due to it being held at a very bad time schoolwise for me :(

vertopci

Timedog said:
I don't see how this is possible without breaking the laws of physics.

No noticeable input lag anyways. Brobzoid blocked a bunch of scissor kicks from my bison on a two bar connection. You're probably doing something wrong.

edit: shit, should have just edited the above post :/

Brobzoid

vertopci said:
Yea, you won the like the first 4 or something and then I just got in the zone

I found you absolutely hate grabs so I made sure to abuse them :lol

I won't be in the tourney due to it being held at a very bad time schoolwise for me :(
I love the headbutt too much for my good. :(
There will probably be more tournaments, so u best be in some of them! >:I

arstal said:
Pretty sure it's online, both ranked and player matches, though could be wrong.

Draw games (I have a ton), Drops and stuff can jack it up also.
It counts arcade, too. And possibly the challenge modes. It's goofy as hell. I noticed this when I saw I had my worst win rate against Seth, who I had yet to unlock nor faced online.

Nice matches findmyfarms
I gotta head to bed though!

I wish I had more characters at a better level instead of having to rely on blanka.

Yeah GG's man! So for our whole session, I thought you block the first hit on Blanka's ultra high! :( We must play again!

decon

Just letting you guys know that I've added you on PSN (got the nicks from the meet up thread)
Yurinka | yurinka | +1 GMT | C.Viper? | SFIV TE, SFIV Hori stick & DS3
shinwaIT | hidepsyence | +1 GMT | Ryu? | SFIV Fightstick
Bootaaay | Bootaaay | GMT | Abel/Fei Long/Sagat | TE stick/FightPad/DS3
BlindMonkey | BlindMonkey | GMT | Ryu/Cammy | DS3
orioto | orioto | +1 GMT | Ryu | Saturn USB
MikeProtagonist | SiegfriedFM | GMT+1 | Fei-Long/Ken/Abel | HRAP3
Dabookerman | Dabookerman | GMT | No one yet | DS3
otaibi | Wrath2X | +3 GMT | Ryu | DS3
tobiasboon | tobiasboon | GMT | Sagat, Guile, Ken| Sixaxis
Numemonja | Sin | GMT+1 | Sagat/Akuma/C.Viper | SiXaXiS/Hori Arcade Stick
Enderr84 | XenoId | GMT +1 | Ryu | DS3
JillSandwichOMG | Jill Sandwich | 0 GMT | Zangief | DS3

Rotanibor

I finally sat down and messed with Fuerte in training mode and his moves are a bit more intresting (and crazier) than I originally though. I am going to add him to my rotation of characters I play for fun. :D

Just had a couple of matches against a friend who just got the game and I could beat him consistently whatever character he chose except for one, Balrog. All he did was HP & HK and still I couldn't beat him. I just don't know how to counter it since the hits do so much damage and it felt like all his moves had priority over mine.

Barrett2

Oh snap! Im' coming for you, FindMyFarms!! Im' coming for you!! Ain't no hiding now!!

BrockLesnar003.jpg

Brobzoid

fuuuuuuuuuuck.... I found an exploit in the 'hardest' Abel AI. :( How shall I now prepare properly.

MIMIC

Banned
God damn Guile's Ultra :-/

You can fucking grab him OUT of it if you're blocking it. What bullshit. Or maybe the computer just cheats.

Brobzoid

I ain't had no sleep since forever and am now basically playing the waiting game for my tourny fight. I suspect I will be a mess when it actually hits. :\

MIMIC

Banned
wi@tt said:
very interesting

As soon as he hits the ground after the first blocked flash kick, apparently there's enough time in between for him to be vulnerable against an attack. I've kinda always known this. The computer sometimes tries to do a FA against me but this was the first time it GRABBED me.

Brobzoid

MIMIC said:
As soon as he hits the ground after the first blocked flash kick, apparently there's enough time in between for him to be vulnerable against an attack. I've kinda always known this. The computer sometimes tries to do a FA against me but this was the first time it GRABBED me.
you can counter Balrog's Ultra if you block the first string too, so you can probably grab out of that one too.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I simply can't use the charge characters. I don't understand how to get close to the opponent since you always holding B or DB.

I really wanna be good with Balrog :(

having a lot of trouble with the challenges. whenever there is a focus attack combo I can almost never get the second bit to come out. Does that mean I'm supposed to cancel the focus attack or what?

This game is the coolest shit ever.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MIMIC said:
God damn Guile's Ultra :-/

You can fucking grab him OUT of it if you're blocking it. What bullshit. Or maybe the computer just cheats.
the computer grabbed me for a spinning piledrive while still in midair from a jump.

Brobzoid

akachan ningen said:
If anyone wants to get some tourney practice in(psn), I'll play against you with almost any character.
brobsaurus. I play Balrog. Play whoever you want. go go go.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
:lol holy shit MicVlad's Dhalsim is a fucking unstoppable beast, absoloutely fucking incredible.

Thanks for teaching me to really, really, really fear the Dhalsim.

MIMIC

Banned
catfish said:
I simply can't use the charge characters. I don't understand how to get close to the opponent since you always holding B or DB.

I really wanna be good with Balrog :(

With Guile, I'm always flipping forward (something I've gotta stop doing so often :lol) and as soon as I leave the ground, I'm holding B or DB for a charge. And when you throw punches, you're constantly holding B.

As for your other question, it depends on the challenge. I've had a few with Guile that I thought that I had to dash cancel but it turned out that I had to link the combo (or chain it...or whatever you call it)

Dizzy-4U said:
I will try one more time tomorrow night. I'll unplug every pc connected to the router and hopefully it'll improves something.
Ok, send me a message if you see me online. Didn't spot you yesterday of any of the lists, so...

nakedsushi said:
GG MicVlad last night. I'm still crying about that Ultra you did where I was blocking the giant fireball and you teleported next to me and pushed me in anyway. V_V;;

I'm thinking I need to pick someone other than Viper for my main.
^__________________________________________^

You're getting better though, so I'm sure there'll be a point where that won't work anymore.

LuCkymoON said:
I'm a dedicated chun li user! i'm pretty good I would say. =p
We should play then if you're on any of the Friends of Friends list. Keep in mind that my own list is full enough as it is, so don't send a Friend Request to my tag please.

yeb said:
GGs MicVlad. Those Rose vs. Dhalsim matches were crazy.:lol Was it my imagination, or did your meaty yoga catastrophe actually TRADE with my wake-up reversal super fireball? I kept trying to abuse Gen's kara throw when I used him, but I think Dhalsim's too jump happy.
One time they DID cancel each other out, yeah, but at close range, they actually bypassed each other and hit us both. I was like "huh?" when that happened.

Oh, and I only jumped around like a giddy motherfucker because I'm pretty much done for if Gen gets that close. :p

Omar Ismail said:
You have to work for your wins with Abel, they're not going to just come to you like with other characters such as Ken or Sagat. That being said you don't have to work as hard as Dhalsim :)
Eh, I think Abel has it a little easier (but not by much) than Dhalsim because some of his moves do so much damage in comparison. He also has more stamina / health points, though I'm not entirely sure.

That, and I think his Ultra is somewhat easier to land because you can use it in between fireballs and several of your own combo's. Dhalsim's on the other hand requires more elaborate set-ups, at least against skilled opponents.

gutter_trash said:
Hell, I finally met a good Dhalsim player yesterday who fucked me up pretty bad,...
I wanted to learn how to deal against him so I can better understand what to do and what not to do.
Could help you with that if you have the game for Xbox 360.

FindMyFarms said:
For the most part, online ranking seems to reward dedication as to opposed to skill. Of course you need to have a certain level of skill to win, but you have to have the resolve to sit through 10192832109 mindless kens to get to the good games.
To be fair, that ranking problem persists in a lot of other games as well, not just Street Fighter IV. If someone has plenty of spare time for a First-Person Shooter, racer, whatever, you can bet he'll reach the top spots of the leaderboards sooner than those who are insanely good, but don't play the game that often.

Caspel said:
I have nothing to complain about yet since I've only played one match online and resorted to avoiding online as of this moment. But offline, Gief, Abel and Seth are the most annoying characters to face off against when matched up against the CPU AI.
That's because the CPU can grab you even in the middle of an animation of a special move, Super or Ultra. I haven't seen many players online who can also do that, so they're "less" cheap when facing human opponents.

Relix said:
Do you have the stick Vlad? That Dhalsim movement was just too perfect for me :lol GGs btw.
No, I play with something even better. The analog stick!

CcrooK said:
Am I boring to play against? :lol I know some want to work on a character or whatever but I feel bad for some reason.
I can imagine some people being a little pissed with the way you play as Balrog / Bison, if yesterday was any indication. You wouldn't believe how infuriated I was last night because I was already in a bad mood (even got a severe neck cramp during the final round of a Balrog vs Dhalsim match, so I kept dancing around IRL to lessen the pain while fending you off) before you even invited me. :lol

Sectus said:
leaderboards.jpg

Hmm... look at MicVlaD's BP and CminusWARRIOR's rank. Conspiracy methinks. Also I'm bit puzzled why I have more BP than most people in my friendlist. I've played against most of them and I lose 90% of the time!
I don't play Ranked very often, for the time being. In fact: I wouldn't be surprised if at least 750 of my 800+ online bouts were Player Matches.

That, and I thought 666 was a good number to (temporarily) stop investing any time in Ranked.

TurtleSnatcher said:
GG's MicVlad from earlier today.

My Dhalsim sucks.. only could get a win against yours once every 3 or 4 games :(

EDIT: I just passed 95 hours play time.. :(
Dhalsim's who actually suck can't even teleport, so you could've done worse.

Mutombo

Nice nice, I´m stoked to get into Dhalsim as well when i finally get my hands on the game. From the looks of it he´s a great poke/mindgame character with a really bad ultra. The ultra (the slow motion fireball) seems more a part of mindgaming then really doing any damage since I´ve rarely seen it hit an opponent in videos.

Any tips for starting Dhalsim?

GrayFoxPL

I lost in the first round of the tournament ! :D

I don't feel sad, it was mad adrenaline rush :D.

His Guile owned mine 6 to 1.

Postin' from PS3, so I'll be on GAF later.

Oh yeah, before I forget... haunts, why you letting me beat that asSssSS?!?

Mutombo said:
Nice nice, I´m stoked to get into Dhalsim as well when i finally get my hands on the game. From the looks of it he´s a great poke/mindgame character with a really bad ultra. The ultra (the slow motion fireball) seems more a part of mindgaming then really doing any damage since I´ve rarely seen it hit an opponent in videos.

Any tips for starting Dhalsim?
It's actually a decent Ultra that can do plenty of damage, but there's some trickery / mind-games involved to use its full potential. Plus you can always link your Super with it which (when combined) does a minimum of 45 - 50% damage if done successfully.

Sidenote: I've faced Sectus and Phatsaqs before, if you want to see a few Dhalsim vids to endure the wait.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, i unlocked all characters....
Anyone wants to be my SF IV sensei??? (I have a headset and an awful english )

Fersis said:
Ok, i unlocked all characters....
Anyone wants to be my SF IV sensei??? (I have a headset and an awful english )

I'll play with you, much later today. I was gonna invite you earlier but you were playing resistance. T_T

footninja said:
gg's akachan, blanka and dictator always put me in check : (

Good games. I haven't really played a Vega player before today. I need to figure out the limits of that awful backflip.

Zapages

This is game is full of poke wins, which is kind of weird... I am still trying to figure out the speed/ratio of the game compared to SF 3 TS and ST.

Top Bottom