• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

jaypah

if anyone wants to add me on XBL and get some matches in my tag is: JAYPAH

i main Ken but i switch it up with Vega and Guile. been having a blast getting my ass handed to me but it's crazy fun though. and not having to fight against the CPU is making me better every day. i fought a brutal Fei Long and just had to congratulate him afterward. i haven't seen anyone rock the dragon like that since SSF2 was in arcades!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Then you have a godly analog, because those movements were damn clean and clear. Doesn't matter.... Next time we face he's crashing to heeeelllll!!!

:lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
McBradders said:
:lol holy shit MicVlad's Dhalsim is a fucking unstoppable beast, absoloutely fucking incredible.

Thanks for teaching me to really, really, really fear the Dhalsim.

Yeah, seriously. I never realized how Dhalsim could pretty much zone any other character with his range and teleport.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
akachan ningen said:
I'll play with you, much later today. I was gonna invite you earlier but you were playing resistance. T_T
Hey, i like my Resistance 2

And im thinking on 'maining' El Fuerte (Im a big fan of wrestling/Lucha Libre)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
akachan ningen said:
he's strong but a pretty advanced character.
Damn it, and Abel ? I like grappling kind of characters.

Varth

Fersis said:
Damn it, and Abel ? I like grappling kind of characters.

Great, great character. Loved him since I played the game first time in Vegas.
Power, defence, tricks, anti-air, combos, punishing command throws: he's got them all.

But like el Fuerte, he's not a character you can master in a couple bouts. Keep practicing and you'll see great results.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
akachan ningen said:
he's strong but a pretty advanced character.

Stop telling lies. =(

If pick you up El Fuerte, be ready to put in a ton of work and just expect to work very hard for the same gains most of the cast gets for half of the same work. Can be very fun though.

h3ro

jonah777 said:

It's cool when you see tournament players using techniques and combos similar to what I'm able to pull off sometimes... :D

Also, after playing for this last week, you can pick up what set-ups they are trying to use and what the strategy they are going to employ for the match. It'd be awesome to see what a Flowchart Ken could do in one of these... :lol

Won

Kintaro said:
Stop telling lies. =(

If pick you up El Fuerte, be ready to put in a ton of work and just expect to work very hard for the same gains most of the cast gets for half of the same work. Can be very fun though.

Understatement! I mean Zangief...wtf....so broken. :/ I can beat him, but thats a 90 second ordeal every damn round.

Are Capcom going to add any kind of blind pick for online? I dislike the thought of what hyper fighting was like with people waiting out the timer and selecting someone who has a handicap advantage over your own choice and such.

HDremix has spoilt me. Not that I can play online right now but I would love them to add it for when I can go online.

Anyone up for an unranked match? ...I need some practice. GT: PSNetwork. You can send me a FR or find me through the GAF SFIV 2 or GAF SSFFIITHDR group if you're in any of those..

LowParry

MicVlaD said:
I can imagine some people being a little pissed with the way you play as Balrog / Bison, if yesterday was any indication. You wouldn't believe how infuriated I was last night because I was already in a bad mood (even got a severe neck cramp during the final round of a Balrog vs Dhalsim match, so I kept dancing around IRL to lessen the pain while fending you off) before you even invited me. :lol

Well, no more bad moods next time. The one thing though between Bison and Balrog is their wake up timing. Throws me off if I'm not paying attention. There was that one match with my Balrog. Wake up Ultra right through the Yoga Fire. I try to do something like that with Bison? I fail. His wake up takes a bit longer and I completely screw up the timing with it. Hope ya feel better!

And yes, if I piss off people with the way I play those two, mission accomplish. :D It's only bound to get worse! TAP through a sliding Dhalsim!

I pulled off a FADC into ultra last night in a ranked match! It was pretty thrilling! I've been practicing it for fireball spammers, and I got this sagat player who was awful at zoning and dealing with Chun in close when he can't just spam tiger shots.

Just absorbed those shits, and when the meter was just right, charge back, focus attack, dach cancel forward, back forward, and the ultra right in the face.

Damn, that was a good feeling. Now to get really good and reliable with it. I love chun in this game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
SonOfABeep said:
Damn, that was a good feeling. Now to get really good and reliable with it. I love chun in this game.

I can't understand how to play her at all.
Is their an achievement for beating 10 people in a row online? If there is, I gave it to Level 8 boss this afternoon :lol

I'm crap, but this game is so much fun online and the other good thing is there is a TON OF people that suck currently playing on line.

west

Got my copy yesterday, really liking it so far.

Just broke 2k BP in ranked, win percentage at 75%. Still, I have not seen half the chars in an online match. The ranking system seems a bit off... hopefully it stabilizes when the game has been out a little longer. I chose Balrog as my main, wins shotos for free. :D

Sanjay

SonOfABeep said:
I pulled off a FADC into ultra last night in a ranked match! It was pretty thrilling! I've been practicing it for fireball spammers, and I got this sagat player who was awful at zoning and dealing with Chun in close when he can't just spam tiger shots.

Just absorbed those shits, and when the meter was just right, charge back, focus attack, dach cancel forward, back forward, and the ultra right in the face.

A EX Tiger upercut would beat that I think.

DogWelder

MicVlad, are any of your fights on YouTube (other than the ones you linked)? From what people have been saying about your Sim, I feel like I could learn from you.

BitchTits

Has anyone done all the Normal level challenges with a regular 360 pad? I just want to know if it's even possible?! :lol

I've done everyone except Balrog and C.Viper. The Viper one is driving me nuts, it's the EX Siesmic Hammer -> High Jump -> Burning Kick. I just can't get the burning kick out fast enough to connect. Sometimes I hit Dan with a kick in the air which means I'm pressing the button fast enough, just not the movement for the Burning Kick after the high jump >_>

Edit: C.Viper done, just Balrog left :D
Edit 2: Done Balrog, but I also had Rufus 3-5 to do ;_;
Edit 3: Finally done Rufus and everyone in Normal :D

DogWelder

BitchTits said:
Has anyone done all the Normal level challenges with a regular 360 pad? I just want to know if it's even possible?! :lol
Not sure about Viper; I finished most of the challenges with Dhalsim, but they took me forever... and tbh it wasn't even worth it because there is absolutely no way to consistently pull off some of those combos with a thumbstick (didn't even attempt using the pad). One combo took me over an hour, I was ready to throw my controller through the screen.

Edit: Hah, saw your edit, nicely done.
Edit2: Nevermind, ignore the above, I didn't read the "Normal" part.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BitchTits said:
I had a Hori EX2 joystick and I actually had to go back to the 360 pad for Ryus last challenge. I'm not good with joystick, but I'm deadly with anything that even resembles a dpad.

Stantron

SonOfABeep said:

So tell me if this is right... Charge back, MP+MK to FA, then double tap Forward to Dash Cancel after FA hits, then back, forward+KKK to start ultra. Does it matter what level the FA is? Also, I didn't know you could combine a dash in with the ultra input. I'll have to give it a shot.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SonOfABeep said:

Is this possible with Guile's ultra? I could never pull it off.

h3ro

Anyone able to get the Gootecks podcasts? The site seems down, is the feed working via iTunes or anything? I'm in the mood for a SF podcast... :lol

zoukka

Here's some SP thoughts.

Characters look good, but what the hell happened to the backgrounds and lighting. Both look from last generation. Music ranges from good to bad and the title song is SO BAD. Challenge mode is pretty good but the lackluster instructions are retarded. Completed the normal challenges for Sagat, Ruy, Ken and El Fuerte. Those hard ones are pretty fucking hard indeed...

And that takes me to the issue of pads. Dualshock3 was perfect for Tekken. I had no troubles inputting even the most demanding combos in that game. SF is another case because of the quarters and "f,b,f" inputs that are impossible to complete effectively and consistently. The d-pad is also so rigid it made by thumb bleed in an hour... and you HAVE TO use the triggers in this game.

Feels like a great game but I think I'll trade it away and buy it again when I'm able to play it online. The Arcade mode is the worst I've ever encountered in a fighting game and my friends would never have the time to practise this game with me.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
zoukka said:
Here's some SP thoughts.

Characters look good, but what the hell happened to the backgrounds and lighting. Both look from last generation. Music ranges from good to bad and the title song is SO BAD. Challenge mode is pretty good but the lackluster instructions are retarded. Completed the normal challenges for Sagat, Ruy, Ken and El Fuerte. Those hard ones are pretty fucking hard indeed...

And that takes me to the issue of pads. Dualshock3 was perfect for Tekken. I had no troubles inputting even the most demanding combos in that game. SF is another case because of the quarters and "f,b,f" inputs that are impossible to complete effectively and consistently. The d-pad is also so rigid it made by thumb bleed in an hour... and you HAVE TO use the triggers in this game.

Feels like a great game but I think I'll trade it away and buy it again when I'm able to play it online. The Arcade mode is the worst I've ever encountered in a fighting game and my friends would never have the time to practise this game with me.
I would definitely recommend that you acquire a Saturn pad. I got one off of Ebay for $28 a few weeks ago. It's perfect for Street Fighter IV. Also, other than unlocking characters, Arcade mode only exists to be the front end for the online multiplayer IMO. Like Burnout Paradise, it abstracts out the backend for online play and puts you straight into the game.

Top Bottom