• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC said:
lolz

Something I find strange with Guile:

3 hit combo: jumping MK, crouching MP, flash kick. DONE
4 hit combo: light sonic boom, jumping MK, crouching MP, flash kick dun work. WHY?

THEN WHO WAS FLASHKICK?

Pimpbaa

So I start using Balrog (boxer) thinkin I can take down all those Ken scrubs and I get people playing everyone but Ken or any shoto. Arrggg. Oh and PS3 owners INSTALL THE FUCKING GAME.

MoxManiac

Pimpbaa said:
So I start using Balrog (boxer) thinkin I can take down all those Ken scrubs and I get people playing everyone but Ken or any shoto. Arrggg. Oh and PS3 owners INSTALL THE FUCKING GAME.

Bolded for sonic boom truth!

GGs Lyte Edge!

today I discovered how unsafe Honda's HP Headbutt is, especially against Cammy LOL, i had to adapt. Unsafe HP Headbutt + slow start up Ultra = he has to work allot harder to get his wins

my best characters of the night were Honda, Bison and Blanka..
I find my Balrog needs more practice

keep up the Cammy! she is a tough cookie to defend against with that air QCB Kick wich needs a late delay to counter because it is so high in the air that an early LP Headbutts end up being too early and Cammy wins if Honda does it too early

fuckin Vega he has been crappered pooed on in SF4, that Wall-Dive start-up is so low in the air that High Tiger Shots hit him haha

the El Fuerte vs Zangief match was fun as heck

next time, i promise not to flowchart with Ken again in round 1 LOL, he is worse in SF4 compared to 3rd Strike. Ryu is the better shoto now

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I still can't figure out how to get my PS3 out of Nat3 (360 is fine; nat is open), so I think I'm just going to be playing this on 360 and only play the PS3 version against people on my friends list.

Had a battle with a random flowchart Ken player after playing with gutter_trash, and the lag was INSANELY bad. Everything was delayed...barely won, sucked getting hit by random SRKs that I knew were coming. :/

gutter_trash said:
GGs Lyte Edge!

today I discovered how unsafe Honda's HP Headbutt is, especially against Cammy LOL, i had to adapt. Unsafe HP Headbutt + slow start up Ultra = he has to work allot harder to get his wins

my best characters of the night were Honda, Bison and Blanka..
I find my Balrog needs more practice

keep up the Cammy! she is a tough cookie to defend against with that air QCB Kick wich needs a late delay to counter because it is so high in the air that an early LP Headbutts end up being too early and Cammy wins if Honda does it too early

fuckin Vega he has been crappered pooed on in SF4, that Wall-Dive start-up is so low in the air that High Tiger Shots hit him haha

the El Fuerte vs Zangief match was fun as heck

next time, i promise not to flowchart with Ken again in round 1 LOL, he is worse in SF4 compared to 3rd Strike. Ryu is the better shoto now

Your Honda, Blanka, and Bison are SCARY. :O

I want to work on Cammy, but at the same time get my Chun game up to speed. Kinda feel like I'm at a crossroads with who to main. I felt a lot better about how you raped my Cammy with Honda after you also beat down Chun-Li. But at least I got a come back with Cammy 2-0 in that last Cammy/Honda battle we had. I couldn't believe it. :lol

Future

Pimpbaa said:

Fuck is that why the game takes awhile to load sometimes when fighting online. :lol I always thought it was just lag, but yeah that makes sense. Geez

Does anyone know if your games region locks your 'quick match' browsing to that specific region? I ask because I live in Asia and I've got the R1(US) version of the game. Every time I search I get one bar, but I refresh enough, I might get a dude with 2-3 bars.

I kinda assumed that the game would just search for players with low latency since Capcom claimed the online would be worldwide. :|

Won

Wow had some really close matches tonight. Got several love messages. People love fighting El Fuerte it seems. :p
Even beat a 3000 BP Ryu. No idea how he got so far, if even I can beat him.^^ But why only 128 points for that? :(

Pop On Arrival said:
Does anyone know if your games region locks your 'quick match' browsing to that specific region? I ask because I live in Asia and I've got the R1(US) version of the game. Every time I search I get one bar, but I refresh enough, I might get a dude with 2-3 bars.

Use custom search and select stability. It is also impossible to get 5 bars it seems and even for 4 bars the players need to be pretty "close".
Also 1 bar games are also lag free most of the time.

Lyte Edge said:
Your Honda, Blanka, and Bison are SCARY. :O

I want to work on Cammy, but at the same time get my Chun game up to speed. Kinda feel like I'm at a crossroads with who to main. I felt a lot better about how you raped my Cammy with Honda after you also beat down Chun-Li. But at least I got a come back with Cammy 2-0 in that last Cammy/Honda battle we had. I couldn't believe it. :lol

your Chun-Li shuts down Ken big time. My Ken got stuck in the corner with no EX Meter left outside of shoyuken range and it was over for him. Crappy Focaus Attack lame kick he does couldn't help Ken get out of there.

Chun-Li 's best weapon against Honda is her fireball, keep that fat-ass out of range.
And Chun-Li's Ultra is very good at punishing blocked HP Headbutts and blocked Honda Ultras.

Against Blanka, I dont know what to tell you, he is so much more mobile than Honda, i have no idea how Chun-Li can trap him. His Focus Attack is really good and he can't be jumped on with the shock.
His Ex-Beast Roll goes through fireballs hahaha

Against Bison, do less fireballs. Fireballs are headstomp magnets. You can frustrate Bisons by not doing any fireballs and force him to come closer towards you were you want him.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
gutter_trash said:
Chun-Li 's best weapon against Honda is her fireball, keep that fat-ass out of range.
And Chun-Li's Ultra is very good at punishing blocked HP Headbutts and blocked Honda Ultras.

Actually, correction on this. Chun's Ultra punishes all headbutts on block. LP, MP, HP, EX, Ultra. All of them.

Online it is hard to punish anything but HP though because of lag, but I know 100% you will get punished hard on block.

Oichi said:
Actually, correction on this. Chun's Ultra punishes all headbutts on block. LP, MP, HP, EX, Ultra. All of them.

Online it is hard to punish anything but HP though because of lag, but I know 100% you will get punished hard on block.
Dang! He is really screwed, that is his main weapon

Hm, I have some inbox messages and requests from some gaffers, just to let you guys know I wasn't playing today -- it was my roommate (today being monday night) The only match I did was against my tournament match-up. So if I didn't respond to any requests -- it wasn't me :=p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Worst thing ever, my opponent first picks Ken and Im all like "allright, he could be a scrub, but Ive been burned before! This guy could be good"

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

OH MY GAWD THIS FUCKER PICKS KEN AND DIDNT INSTALL THE GAME??? HE HAS TO SUCK YESS GIMME THEM FREE BATTLERU POINTS YOU FLOWCHART KEN YOU

He was awesome, had 4500 BP

I cried.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So, after my GAF Tourny defeat I went and played a shit ton of ranked matches as Sakura and... well I don't think she's for me. I'd ask for some tips but really as soon as someone touches her the match is practically over, and her Ultra on Sagat seems laughable at best :(

McBradders said:
So, after my GAF Tourny defeat I went and played a shit ton of ranked matches as Sakura and... well I don't think she's for me. I'd ask for some tips but really as soon as someone touches her the match is practically over, and her Ultra on Sagat seems laughable at best :(
Remember its double elimination..

your still in the losers bracket

f0nz0

man i was in the zone tonight, dont know what it was, maybe i got a string of people who just suck or im getting better, i like to think the latter :D , but everything was landing just the way i wanted to and everyone played into the game i wanted them to play into. Even akumas where gettin slapped in their face with my sakura and i usually have a hard time with them

word.

i also started experimenting with dhalsim after seeing some of them awesome micvlad (sp?) videos , turns out hes a fun character to play with, i beat a gief with a yoga catastrophe ultra teleported behind him, pushed him into the fireball with a head but, it was great

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Raging Spaniard said:
Worst thing ever, my opponent first picks Ken and Im all like "allright, he could be a scrub, but Ive been burned before! This guy could be good"

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

*loading*

OH MY GAWD THIS FUCKER PICKS KEN AND DIDNT INSTALL THE GAME??? HE HAS TO SUCK YESS GIMME THEM FREE BATTLERU POINTS YOU FLOWCHART KEN YOU

He was awesome, had 4500 BP

I cried.

lol

what mind games

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone else start chasing counter pickers selection cursor? As soon as I see someone hesitate in choosing a character I just start chasing their selection box with mine till they give up and pick something. :lol

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Sinatar said:
Anyone else start chasing counter pickers selection cursor? As soon as I see someone hesitate in choosing I character I just start chasing their selection box with mine till they give up and pick something. :lol
:lol

i remember this guy was hovering over viper *i was changing my music so i didnt pick yet* and i thought yaaay a viper fight. as soon as i pick viper, they bolt for ken.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Big props to Haunts and his Viper. Me and a friend played him Saturday night and he proceeded to beat our ass 10 times in a row. Came close a few times, won some rounds even, but an ass-whipping ultimately.

Haunts: your Viper's jumping straight up whiffing...MK? to then land into fakeout games with her LP lightning rush punch--reminded me a lot of Makoto style. Good stuff.

marwan

Banned
reason i ask is, have original Saturn controller with a magic box converter hooked to the PS3, now the game works perfectly well, but when i lose a battle not a single button would allow me to continue, no matter what button i press the counter will keep counting down! :(

dos the same happen to the USB Saturn controller? (pictured below?)

c9af_1.JPG

btw, i the madcatz controller pads are absolute trash...and i hate joysticks, but if all fail, i'll get the Madcatz Tournament Stick.

i need to mak a decision quick to purchase the USB saturn controller from ebay!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
marwan said:
reason i ask is, have original Saturn controller with a magic box converter hooked to the PS3, now the game works perfectly well, but when i lose a battle not a single button would allow me to continue, no matter what button i press the counter will keep counting down! :(

interesting, anytime I run a playstation controller through my usb adapter, the start and select buttons are flipped. Perhaps this is a similar issue, but since there's no select button on the old saturn pad you're screwed... but there's no select button on the usb saturn pad either though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bob_arctor said:
Big props to Haunts and his Viper. Me and a friend played him Saturday night and he proceeded to beat our ass 10 times in a row. Came close a few times, won some rounds even, but an ass-whipping ultimately.

Haunts: your Viper's jumping straight up whiffing...MK? to then land into fakeout games with her LP lightning rush punch--reminded me a lot of Makoto style. Good stuff.

Ooohhh.. it was two people then? lol.. ggs.. I think I posted before the only reason im half way decent with viper is a lot of her inputs are similar to makotos. lol.

alba

Little is the new Big
usb saturn pad is fine, just the lack of select button is annoying at times, otherwise it works flawlessly.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
haunts said:
Ooohhh.. it was two people then? lol.. ggs.. I think I posted before the only reason im half way decent with viper is a lot of her inputs are similar to makotos. lol.

Yup, I was Abel, my buddy was 'Gief--glad you humbled him as he was talking a little too much all week. Gonna try and learn a back-up--maybe mess with either Gouken or Rose.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bob_arctor said:
Yup, I was Abel, my buddy was 'Gief--glad you humbled him as he was talking a little too much all week. Gonna try and learn a back-up--maybe mess with either Gouken or Rose.

haha! I love it, the story behind the fight.. I think its a bad match up for Gief anyway so he shouldn't feel too bad..

Im recalling the matches now (sorry I play a ton, its all a blur) but I do remember your Abel. Seems like you had a good idea what to do when you have the opportunity, you just seemed a little confused as to how to approach the match vs Viper which is understandable..

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
haunts said:
haha! I love it, the story behind the fight.. I think its a bad match up for Gief anyway so he shouldn't feel too bad..

Im recalling the matches now (sorry I play a ton, its all a blur) but I do remember your Abel. Seems like you had a good idea what to do when you have the opportunity, you just seemed a little confused as to how to approach the match vs Viper which is understandable..

Viper was like some unknown never-before-seen shit for me. She was all over the place. At times I was totally overwhelmed from the mix-ups and speed, other times I was able to close in and try to do what I set out to do but yeah, mostly overwhelmed.

Also, I keep missing some pressures generally because his air-grab inevitably comes out due to way more forgiving inputs so that basically kills my rush. I can't even count how many random air-grab whiffs I had in the last week or so. :-(

Ah well, always something to work on.

Local Vs play tonight yeah! Pizza, Beer, SF4 yeah.
Time for a disgruntled Ubisfoter to take out his angst on his 3 EA friends (all in good fun)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
YakiSOBA said:
WHAT! :p But I want to play you and then have you give me tips to improve my C. Viper =)

Hah maybe one day... for now you'll have to settle for the C. Viper combo video im releasing in the next hour or two on 1up.com..

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
haunts said:
Hah maybe one day... for now you'll have to settle for the C. Viper combo video im releasing in the next hour or two on 1up.com..
o ya i was looking for that

i wont be able to pull of shit till i get a stick but it oughta be inspiring to watch

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bob_arctor said:
Viper was like some unknown never-before-seen shit for me. She was all over the place. At times I was totally overwhelmed from the mix-ups and speed, other times I was able to close in and try to do what I set out to do but yeah, mostly overwhelmed.

Also, I keep missing some pressures generally because his air-grab inevitably comes out due to way more forgiving inputs so that basically kills my rush. I can't even count how many random air-grab whiffs I had in the last week or so. :-(

Ah well, always something to work on.

yeah that seemed to be an issue, you are going for some combo or something and Id cross you up at the last second, not sure really, but the air grab would come out a lot. I dunno what to tell you, im not an abel player and im still learning viper match ups as I go..

C Jones

haunts said:
After practicing c. vipers c. fp xx hp thunder knuckle fient into another c. fp for like 2 hours i thought i gave myself carpal tunnel or something. :lol

YakiSOBA said:
Haunts: is your account online hauntsxl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSJuuqPJDA

I just saw this video of a c viper raping someone.
I see the 2 hours practice paid off at the :37 mark hahaha. Very nice Viper play. I'm trying to use her as my main. Not easy getting those combos down but she'll be a lot of fun once I do.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
C Jones said:
I see the 2 hours practice paid off at the :37 mark hahaha. Very nice Viper play. I'm trying to use her as my main. Not easy getting those combos down but she'll be a lot of fun once I do.

hah, and I still fuck it up.. I just got lucky Saqs didnt block the second one, but thats part of the fun of FP TK Fients I guess... I actually fucked up most of my combos in that vid! oh well.

Top Bottom