• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ChrisGoldstein said:
Nice read. I live in atlanta, I would like to go just to spectate...I suck lol

Seriously go check it out man.. you will not regret it.. You dont have to enter any tournaments, just get some casual play, watch, learn!

I would go but I live in Frisco and cant afford a plane ticket right now.. :\

AndresON777

shooting blanks
haunts said:
Seriously go check it out man.. you will not regret it.. You dont have to enter any tournaments, just get some casual play, watch, learn!

wow it's 5 miles from where I work I think I will go on saturday and take pics

LuCkymoON

Banned
taku said:
Seriously? I'm sure I've combo'd into it several times. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong. I never play Akuma anyway >_>
blackadde IS CORRECT, Akuma's ultra/super is broken. The only time I have ever seen it connect is when the other player tried to sweep it. lol
Just by holding up you can jump over it everytime no matter how close Akuma is.

kuYuri

ShinAmano said:
I use them...

Though i only get Ken every once and again...Random FTW!

It's just annoying cause you don't expect it. You're at a certain far enough distance, then bam, grab and throw. I'm thinking "wtf, I was nowhere near" then I realized the distanced covered and put 2 and 2 together. :p

CPS2

firehawk12 said:
Speaking of throws (not really, but oh well), how do you block them? Is the only way a focus attack?

You have to tech throw by hitting your own throw shortly after theirs. This doesn't work against command throws like Zangief's SPD, generally the best way to avoid that in SF4 is to back dash. Focus attacks get eaten by throws.

ShinAmano

Strider2K99 said:
It's just annoying cause you don't expect it. You're at a certain far enough distance, then bam, grab and throw. I'm thinking "wtf, I was nowhere near" then I realized the distanced covered and put 2 and 2 together. :p
Yeah that is why it is so beautiful to use...I rarely use the DP or fireball in my Ken game.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
LuCkymoON said:
blackadde IS CORRECT, Akuma's ultra/super is broken. The only time I have ever seen it connect is when the other player tried to sweep it. lol

Actually people have been messing around with kara'ing demon and you can in fact use his Super as an offensive tool. If the Super is kara'd they can not escape once the screen flashes. However, his ex's are really good, so its not likely you'll be seeing tons of people use this tactic.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
haunts said:

Aw man, I thought you were signed up already! :(

I'd go, but then the wife would be pissed off with me leaving her behind, and I know she wouldn't want to go there...

n3ss

aka acr0nym
bad-joey said:
bleh, I can't get the srk -> FADC -> ultra come out! any tips on input timing?

if its a jump in use lp srk and then ultra so you don't waste meter. But if your doing it from the ground I'd say just practice in the training mode, I think a lot of people, myself included are not use to doing all these cancels.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lyte Edge said:
Aw man, I thought you were signed up already! :(

I'd go, but then the wife would be pissed off with me leaving her behind, and I know she wouldn't want to go there...

yeah I was planning on it 100% for some time but things have been slow at work.

vertopci

SuperEnemyCrab said:
awesome thanks! Nice to see Guile has one. Surely will be removed in the next patch though, along with the bug where sometimes his ultra would actually do damage.:D

I believe Kara throws were purposely put into SFIV so it won't ever be removed.

Darkman M

LuCkymoON said:

you guys just haven't ran into a good akuma player, you can be set up and kara demon does exist im by no means an expert but ive seen it done.

Ronabo

I f**king HATE FADC!. It's gonna take me weeks to unlearn my pad tendencies and use my TE stick. I wanna be able to do all the Hard trials. I was able to do all the normal ones on my Blanka pad. At least I can double tap forwards or backwards easier with the stick.

Barrett2

Why in the world did I waste so much time with Abel!?

After 45 hours with him, I was at 100BP. I finally gave up. After 1 hour of training with Sagat, I took him online and have won 5 of my first 9 fights. Un-freaking believable.

bad-joey said:
bleh, I can't get the srk -> FADC -> ultra come out! any tips on input timing?

Go into practice mode, practice doing just Shoryuken -> FA. Don't even worry about dashing or doing the ultra. Once you get that down to a tee, then worry about the rest.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
lawblob said:

After 45 hours with him, I was at 100BP. I finally gave up. After 1 hour of training with Sagat, I took him online and have won 5 of my first 9 fights. Un-freaking believable.

:lol

Ronabo

lawblob ^ sometimes it's about enjoying how you play than just winning. I use Zangief usually in Ranked. Now, I'll admit he's pretty good, but I do have to work sometimes to get my wins, unlike Sagat where you can just spam out random HKs and tigershots/knees and win alot.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lawblob said:

Same thing happened with me and C. Viper. Then I went back to Blanka and actually started getting some ranked wins and achievements

Man...some of these combos are ridiculous.

I'm on the Gouken trial where he cancels the heavy kick into forbidden shoryuken. I watched the video...but you have to be super fast.

LOL on the fake Sagat kick or Abel's dash cancels...

Some say it's weaksauce...but they really should show you...as it their instructions are definitely confusing on some of the trials.

Barrett2

Ronabo said:
lawblob ^ sometimes it's about enjoying how you play than just winning. .

Man, eff that noise! After losing non-stop with Abel the last few weeks, I am ready for some goddamn Battle Points! I don't care if I spam Tiger Knee from here to Kansas to get them!

Tiger Knee, Tiger Knee, Tiger Uppercut, Tiger Knee, Fireball, Tiger Knee, Tiger Knee!!

DihcarEM

Ronabo said:
I use Zangief usually in Ranked. Now, I'll admit he's pretty good, but I do have to work sometimes to get my wins, unlike Sagat where you can just spam out random HKs and tigershots/knees and win alot.

Zangief can just as easily be spammed as Sagat. You have to work with any character to get your wins but i would say Sagat,Zangief,Ken are one of the easiest to spam with and win.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Zangief's lariat is so annoying. It knocks me out of everything. And his command throws go through so much. Arrgh.

I did get my 5 ranked wins in a row today.

Won

Ronabo said:
lawblob ^ sometimes it's about enjoying how you play than just winning. I use Zangief usually in Ranked. Now, I'll admit he's pretty good, but I do have to work sometimes to get my wins, unlike Sagat where you can just spam out random HKs and tigershots/knees and win alot.

Oh come on! The Red Cyclon doesn't need to work for his wins. Everyone else needs to work to not get completely crushed. Everyone knows that! :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, finally got around to playing with the TE stick. Different feel than the VFHG of course. Different footprint and all. Square gate still doesn't sit well with me so that's going to have to go. Still can't do RSFs with Fuerte so no change there (god, so frustrating).

Seems pretty good so far.

J-Rzez

My copy finally came in, I really like the art style a lot, it's great stuff. Though Chun's legs makes her seem more the fitting model for beer companies than those Clydesdales horses :lol .

Game play is great, they really pulled it off, but it needs to be on an arcade stick I think.

If anything remotely "let me down", it's the soundtrack, of all things. The remixes/themes outside of Ryu, Guile, and Cammy are meh. Favorites definitely Guile's remix of course, but Christ it almost lost out to Ryu's as my #1 due to those damned turn tables, wtf is up with that. They should've just stuck to Rock/Orch I think... I'm actually bummed out big time by the OST. Still better than the horror that was SFIII's, but I thought it would've been better than this at least. :(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kintaro said:
Well, finally got around to playing with the TE stick. Different feel than the VFHG of course. Different footprint and all. Square gate still doesn't sit well with me so that's going to have to go. Still can't do RSFs with Fuerte so no change there (god, so frustrating).

Seems pretty good so far.

rsf is difficult.. :\

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Ronabo said:

ssshh... don't tell everyone my strategy.

vertopci

J-Rzez said:
If anything remotely "let me down", it's the soundtrack, of all things. The remixes/themes outside of Ryu, Guile, and Cammy are meh. Favorites definitely Guile's remix of course, but Christ it almost lost out to Ryu's as my #1 due to those damned turn tables, wtf is up with that. They should've just stuck to Rock/Orch I think... I'm actually bummed out big time by the OST. Still better than the horror that was SFIII's, but I thought it would've been better than this at least. :(

What?!?!? You must be deaf, because SFIII's soundtrack is amazing.

Aside from the intro and character select songs of course

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:

Yes. Yes it is. I'll never be a tourny player or anything but I was hoping to at least become decent at it to compete. I think I'll just have to do without and figure out other means with Fuerte.

watsup everybody, lately i have heard nothing but praise over how fun SFIV is and i was wondering wat makes it so much fun? i havent played a SF game since the Genesis days so im sure the game mechanics have changed, but in wat ways has the gameplay evolved? this could be a potential buy for me but i'm not into renting games, and impressions would be great.

haunts said:

I've clearly been gone too long since I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Is this that multiple fierce combo that Fuerte can do? I've seen videos but I haven't made to that point in his challenge mode yet.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kintaro said:
Yes. Yes it is. I'll never be a tourny player or anything but I was hoping to at least become decent at it to compete. I think I'll just have to do without and figure out other means with Fuerte.

just keep practicing it, I can get twoo loops but thats it.. haha... i feel i am getting closer to the actual consecutive timing but i dont care enough about fuerte to keep at it..

Saint Gregory said:
I've clearly been gone too long since I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Is this that multiple fierce combo that Fuerte can do? I've seen videos but I haven't made to that point in his challenge mode yet.

yeah the run stop fierce combo.

Top Bottom