• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kintaro said:
Is Snk vs. Capcom Chaos BC for 360? I know the game is broken, but I want to play around with it anyways.
Unfortunately, no.

Also, heads up. The GS ad going around in the email says that it'll be available on the 18th. :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heres an art contest to keep your eyes on

Street Fighter IV Bust modeling challenge (Bust ans in "head and shoulders, obviously)

Given the talent level of that forum when it comes to 3D, I expect good things :)

Some WIP's are already looking awesome

blankabust_WIP_1.jpg

246til2.jpg

01.jpg

sagat_bust_WIP_01.jpg

Guile-test2.jpg

Jonsoncao said:
anybody knows what is the name of the font in the SFIV logo?

There isnt one that I know of, but this one is somewhat close:

http://www.dafont.com/levibrush.font

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Seems UPS screwed me. Tracking says the fightpad arrived at my facility very very early, should have went out for delivery...yet nothing.

I managed to snag Marvel vs. Capcom 2 from my store for the night to try on it too

No Pringles for me. =(

EDIT: REDEEMED! Just as I made the post, she drives up! Got the Ken 360 one for Gamestop.com! Wooo!

Kintaro

10zv96s.jpg

10eoq36.jpg

2yxneoi.jpg

:D

Before you ask, I did not buy Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I just rented it for the night from the Gamestop I part time at on the side. :lol

So if you didn't pre-order, what's the best way to get the regular edition fight stick? Just go to a few stores day or release (Feb 11) and see if they have a few non-preorder units in? What about best buy or circuit city, are they having some in stock?

Ridli

Kintaro said:
Kintaro's Curly Mustache

What the... honey mustard? I gotta start shopping at a different store, we get the crap flavors apparently.

Anyway, so my Best Buy had 360 fightpads today so I snagged a Ryu and left the other 3 for three other happy people (or one greedy person) to find.

I think Markman was asking for impressions so here are mine after playing about 2 hours of HD Remix.

Very nice so far! The face buttons are nice and responsive, my thumb can travel from jab to roundhouse fast enough that I can work in DJ's crossup combos with ease. The buttons are big enough to know you're only hitting one yet small enough that I can play comfortably with just my thumb (as opposed to laying the controller on my leg and hitting the punch and kicks with my fingers). Additionally, the layout of the buttons makes multi button presses very simple, so spinning lariats and hawk dives are simple to pull off.

Since I was playing HDR I really didn't have a need to use the triggers, but they do feel easier to activate from the center of the buttons as opposed to the edges. Not really an issue since my fingers rest easily over the entire trigger.

The pad is big! It's easily wider than the 360 or the dual shock3. Big handed people rejoice!

As for the D-Pad, it's a great improvement over the 360 d-pad, but it is not my favorite d-pad*. I don't have a saturn pad to compare it to, and it's been a long time since I've played on one so I can't give you a direct comparison.

I will let you know about one thing that puzzles me about this d-pad, it has a lot of throw. I don't mind the diameter of the pad; but the thickness, the height coming up off the face of the controller is much greater than I imagined it would be. If you try and fit a penny in between the d-pad and the rest of the controller, it stops at about lincoln's eyes.

As a result, it seems like you have a lot more movement to go from Back to Forward or Down to Up. I could still do B-F charge moves like Sonic Booms and Scissor Kicks, but something was a little off going down to up on my Flashkicks. At first I would end up whiffing and jump and kick instead. I managed to get this a little under control, so it may just be something that requires a little practice to get acclimated.

Something else I'm personally having a little difficulty with are QCF and QCB. Mostly QCB. Again, I think all the throw on the pad means I'm used to stopping my motion much earlier and I end up kicking before my left thumb has made the complete motion. Oddly, my spinning piledrivers are easier from a standing position than they used to be (as opposed to trying to "hide them" with a jumpin or glowing hand). Dragon Punch motions came out very easily for me, so if I can get the quarter circle motion under control, I'll be very pleased.

Disregarding the thickness, the d-pad itself is pretty comfortable on the thumb. No real hard edges to cause pain and the movement itself is very smooth going in 360 motions.

Overall, I'm very happy with the fight pad. It's great for the 360 owner, and I very much prefer it over the DS3 when it comes to fighters. I've been playing a lot of SF Alpha on the PS3 lately, and I would gladly double dip to pickup a PS3 version when it comes out.

* in the interests of disclosure, my personal preference would be the d-pad on the SNES/Wii Classic controller, take from that what you will.

Kintaro

Quick impressions.

1) The Marvel vs. Capcom 2 emulation on the 360 is a crime against humanity. Seriously. Holy shit. Ho-lee shit. I wanted to kill myself.

2) From what I can play of that...abomination, the pad felt very nice. Comfortable in my hands, the d-pad is nice and responsive. Was easy to pull off specials despite the amazing amount of slowdown and shit going on in the game and the buttons were great as well.

Just wish I had a better 360 game to try it out on. =(

ashism

Kintaro said:
Quick impressions.

1) The Marvel vs. Capcom 2 emulation on the 360 is a crime against humanity. Seriously. Holy shit. Ho-lee shit. I wanted to kill myself.

2) From what I can play of that...abomination, the pad felt very nice. Comfortable in my hands, the d-pad is nice and responsive. Was easy to pull off specials despite the amazing amount of slowdown and shit going on in the game and the buttons were great as well.

Just wish I had a better 360 game to try it out on. =(
Another set of dreams shattered thanks to this gens backwards compat support.

Hopefully HD remix can fix your fill until sfIV.

rocK`

Banned
Anyone keeping up with the reported 7-11s selling sf4 this weekend on srk?

anyone from NY wanna confirm anything?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
MEGATON UPDATE

First off, let me go on record as saying I was wrong and those who said the game wasnt dated were right....

Ok, I checked RSS again at work to verify if we (bestbuy) still had a street date for sfiv, since everyone was saying there wasnt one. Two days ago the system said 2/18 was the sell date, I typed in skus for the standard and CE today and....THERE IS NO LONGER A SELL DATE! If no date is linked to the SKU the best buy registers will let employees ring out the game with no street date block that requires an override. \o/

My advice is to start checking stores around the 10th because thats when our shipment is arriving.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tapedeck said:
MEGATON UPDATE

Ok, I checked RSS again at work to verify if we (bestbuy) still had a street date for sfiv, since everyone was saying there wasnt one. Two days ago the system said 2/18 was the sell date, I typed in skus for the standard and CE today and....THERE IS NO LONGER A SELL DATE! If no date is linked to the SKU the best buy registers will let employees ring out the game with no street date block that requires an override. \o/

My advice is to start checking stores around the 10th because thats when our shipment is arriving.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

awesome. If I can get it that early, I might not go to the launch party on the 12th.

Guled

tapedeck said:
MEGATON UPDATE

First off, let me go on record as saying I was wrong and those who said the game wasnt dated were right....

but isn't the ship date for the game on the 17th, I don't think anyone can get it earlier then that

tapedeck

Guled said:
but isn't the ship date for the game on the 17th, I don't think anyone can get it earlier then that
Not for my store at least. My store (Downers Grove, IL), is schedueld to receive the game on the 10th according to the tracking system. Obviously the dates will be different for every store but the important part of this news is that there is no street date so if anyone does get the game early they can sell it with no penalty. Im going to investigate further at work tomorrow.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
tapedeck said:
Not for my store at least. My store (Downers Grove, IL), is schedueld to receive the game on the 10th according to the tracking system. Obviously the dates will be different for every store but the important part of this news is that there is no street date so if anyone does get the game early they can sell it with no penalty. Im going to investigate further at work tomorrow.
Where do you work?

tapedeck

NameGenerated said:
Where do you work?
Best Buy in Downers Grove. Im going to try to get some verification on the shipping date (they have been off before), but I have NEVER seen big games arrive the day before they are released. It is always at least a couple days ahead of time.

Guled

tapedeck said:
Seth said something about how the games will still be printing next week (hence they can't sell them at the launch party). I really hope your right but I don't think we are getting it that early

tapedeck

Guled said:
Seth said something about how the games will still be printing next week (hence they can't sell them at the launch party). I really hope your right but I don't think we are getting it that early
Well we will see. :) Im gonna try to find out as much as I can tomorrow.

Darkman M

Guled said:

The game has definitely been printed already i would think... printing the game a week before release sounds beyond strange.

yeb

The endless talk of possible early releases is driving me crazy. It'll only be worse if I can't actually get the game early. The hype hurts so good.

I don't think Capcom's ever done street dates before? I guess they might be with RE5, since it's out on Friday the 13th, but SF4 is 2/17. Typical industry ship date. I'd like to believe it's shipping early, cuz I'd be able to grab a copy then, but I dunno...

Fuck, with my Qore interview next week and all this SFIV madness with possible early releases and the launch party... it's gonna be busy! :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Had some free time tonight, and since Kintaro wanted to print the El Fuerte image, I thought I might as well make it suck less :D

Before and After

el_fuerte.jpg

el_fuerte2.jpg

senahorse

MarkMan said:
Ridli: THANKS!!

I got something better than the TE... just came in the mail. XCM sent me a review sample:

I am curious, what's better about this stick? Seems to use cheap components, is it easy to mod?

edit: I guess you're talking about the macros?

edit2: Reading your post from the pickup thread, it seems my sarcasm meter was turned off today. :lol

outsidah

tapedeck said:
MEGATON UPDATE

MEGATON??

More like GIGATON!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHxXufqOEY&feature=related

-PXG-

Just got back from Philly. Not only did they have SFIV, but also, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and BlazeBlue. Shit was fucking awesome. NinajHearltess should be posting pics later on tonight. :D

Top Bottom