• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I never cared for SF2 characters.

But Lil' Shoto's tracks got me hyped. Very friendly to the ears, and surprisingly addictive.

Here's hoping for some Abel and Ryu love. I'd hope for Fei Long and Sakura, but something tells me he won't cover inferior console characters. : (

Linkhero1

If you're still having problems with GGPO try installing the latest .NET Framework

Also there's a chance that your firewall could be causing you problems, so you'll have to configure the ports there.

Edit: I'd like to know more about 2DF. If anyone knows anything about it please pm me.

-PXG-

Linkhero1 said:
If you're still having problems with GGPO try installing the latest .NET Framework

Also there's a chance that your firewall could be causing you problems, so you'll have to configure the ports there.

Edit: I'd like to know more about 2DF. If anyone knows anything about it please pm me.

That is what I did.

ashism

Woah, what just happened here?

Anyways, I want to try El Fuerte out, but I doubt I can do him as a main due to his crazy amount of inputs. Perhaps I'll just stick to shoto to get 8 years of kinks out.

Guessing what they were doing is against the rules.

Anyways.. My hype for this game is skyrocketing. I love my new TE stick.. I can't wait to use it in the actual game.. UGHH!!!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
whoaaa crazy shit :O

Oh well, lets move on

I always had an interest in being good with Sakura, but she never worked out. Hopefully with the Challenge modes help I can get her up to stuff.

Really interested in becoming good with all the newcomers, they all look like a lot of fun to play as

Takuan

I hope the early release news is true and applies to Canada. This is my most anticipated release in forever, and I was lukewarm on the first trailers.

What's that Domination stick? It's hideous. Blue LEDs with silver buttons? Gag me!
d9fdke

Spaniard: Nice work on the Fuerte touch-up.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
TurtleSnatcher said:
Guessing what they were doing is against the rules.

Anyways.. My hype for this game is skyrocketing. I love my new TE stick.. I can't wait to use it in the actual game.. UGHH!!!

It's ROMS stuff so not too surprised.

ashism

arstal said:
It's ROMS stuff so not too surprised.
Ohhh, okay. :X

EraldoCoil said:
does anyone know what date the guide is coming out? i really wanna pick that thing up
Wonder if it'll be worth it. I know I can get all the info off the net, but as long as it's presented nicely and correctly(surprising how often they screw this up) then I will buy for the pure purpose of having a tangible printed copy.

ashism said:
Wonder if it'll be worth it. I know I can get all the info off the net, but as long as it's presented nicely and correctly(surprising how often they screw this up) then I will buy for the pure purpose of having a tangible printed copy.

yeah same here, hopefully it's a well done guide though.

on a side note, can someone give me a quick rundown of "challenge mode?" haven't heard much about it

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Anyone know if lizardlick have sent the t.e yet?

I am also looking to make a donation to a paypal account in return for a copy of the SFIV issue of Hardcore Gamer. :)

So I got caught up in the hype and preordered the game today on the 360.

I thought I'd continue to ride the wave by playing the first Street Fighter II release from Live arcade that I bought when it was released. This made me remember that the 360 pad is horrible to play with.

Looking at the OP leads me to believe that one of those Madcatz controllers would be my best bet, as I'm doubtful that a $129 arcade stick is worth it.

Basically I'm wondering whether I should order from the Amazon link provided or if I'll be able to get one from Best Buy or another retailer on launch day. Also, will I have any chance of hanging with the big boys with a measly gamepad?

Sorry for asking a question I'm sure has been asked zillions of times, but I'm sure all you helpful Gaffers won't mind offering some friendly advice.

(o hay, a whole damn thread dedicated to the pads in question :lol )

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I think it doesn't make a huge difference. Some games I play better on pad, some stick.

I do use a high quality stick for SF and VF though. I'd say start with the pad, and if you get frustrated, move to stick.

I went ahead and ordered one of the Madcatz arcade sticks. I didn't notice that they were $70. That was a little easier to swallow.

Darkman M

IamMattFox said:
I went ahead and ordered one of the Madcatz arcade sticks. I didn't notice that they were $70. That was a little easier to swallow.

Theres two versions regular edition & TE edition all TE editions are sold out but the standard fightstick is said to be good it's just not sanwa parts built.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
The lack of coverage when it comes to the online portion sucks. Reading SRK it seems the game won't even have lobbies for more than 2 players? I hope that is a wrong.

Come on Capcom spill the beans. :p

Jube3

GeoNeo said:
The lack of coverage when it comes to the online portion sucks. Reading SRK it seems the game won't even have lobbies for more than 2 players? I hope that is a wrong.

Man I really hope that isn't so :( Lobbies in HD remix bring back that arcade over the shoulder feeling to me :(

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Jube3 said:
Man I really hope that isn't so :( Lobbies in HD remix bring back that arcade over the shoulder feeling to me :(

Jube3, I agree with you 100%. It really mixes things up and gets that arcade feel at home when everyone is into the swing of things.

GeoNeo said:

According to the trophies, you can get challenged by a player in your lobby and that wouldn't really make sense if there were only two people in there.

Aeris130

GeoNeo said:

There's a picture of a lobby on srk, showing 6 players:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6084966&postcount=34

But, I believe there are also pictures of lobbies that doesn't have any options for additional players, so maybe ranked matches = 1on1, while non-ranked are 2-6?

Aeris130

akachan ningen said:
Have they said what the points are for? There are grade points and championship points.

Didn't Capcom mention in their Championship-edition PR that ch-points would be given for performing well in tournaments, earning you access to higher-level tournaments were the ch-point cap is higher (I know I read it somewhere)? I guess Grade points should be the same system currently in use in JP aracades.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:
whoaaa crazy shit :O

Oh well, lets move on

I always had an interest in being good with Sakura, but she never worked out. Hopefully with the Challenge modes help I can get her up to stuff.

Really interested in becoming good with all the newcomers, they all look like a lot of fun to play as

*steps over the broken piles of bodies*

Wow. There is a PM function folks. Common sense. :lol

Anyways, Sakura looks pretty good. Her hadoken looks pretty tame (seems to peter out just a bit farther than Dan's Kadoken (sp) but she's one of the few newbies to be able to chain into her Ultra out of a juggle, so that's good. She should be fun. Did they give any new moves?

rocK`

Banned
at sfc, she looked like she had a nice bag of stuff

but she just lacked the damage. i see that being the case for most of the new characters.

Guled

just to clarify, I thought it was ok to talk about emulation as long as you don't post any links to roms or anything like that? Am I wrong? That and is the championship patch day one, or is it latter down the line?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Guled said:
just to clarify, I thought it was ok to talk about emulation as long as you don't post any links to roms or anything like that? Am I wrong? That and is the championship patch day one, or is it latter down the line?

I believe the patch is day one. As for emulation...I have no idea. The rules seem to shift so just...run away from it unless there's a thread on it and you don't see dead corpses everywhere. No use risking it with SF4 so close.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Please Capcom release a demo !!!! ;_;

GrayFoxPL

Kintaro said:
I believe the patch is day one. As for emulation...I have no idea. The rules seem to shift so just...run away from it unless there's a thread on it and you don't see dead corpses everywhere. No use risking it with SF4 so close.

Emu rules seem random. I'm looking at you model 2 thread and PSP custom firmware thread.

Poor bastards that got banned before SFIV release. Seiken's out till July. We won't recognise him when comes back. He'll be all Hole-Hussein style and shit.

FinKL

So has anyone who preordered at Buy getting shipping confirmation? I just noticed the CE costs $72 on 360 which is a pretty good deal considering I preordered at Gamestop for safety.

Barrett2

I am about to pre-order the PS3 CE via BestBuy. Do they usually ship pre-orders timely? I don't want to be stuck waiting for this after release date waiting for my shipment.

ShinAmano

So last night I fired up the fightpad for about 100 rounds on HD Remix...overall I am impressed. It is no OG saturn controller but it is nice...my biggest complaints are a) the cord and b) the glossy surface that seems to attract smudges.

I also was disappointing to find out CvS2 is not BC...god dammit.

However I did happen to swing into a 7-11 for some brew and I saw a sign talking about getting the latest games (SIMS 3, SF4, RE5 and Halo Wars)...so I asked the clerk if they had SF4...she said YES...I almost died...then she could not find it and I figured she was wrong...either way I plan to check them out every day for the next few days to see if it happens to actually arrive.

Unless the posts have been edited those bannings are some bullshit. There's emu talk all over this forum (hi Dragona) and these SF threads go OT constantly. I don't see how it's any worse than all these arcade stick crossposts or fucking fan art.

Guled

ShinAmano said:
So last night I fired up the fightpad for about 100 rounds on HD Remix...overall I am impressed. It is no OG saturn controller but it is nice...my biggest complaints are a) the cord and b) the glossy surface that seems to attract smudges.

However I did happen to swing into a 7-11 for some brew and I saw a sign talking about getting the latest games (SIMS 3, SF4, RE5 and Halo Wars)...so I asked the clerk if they had SF4...she said YES...I almost died...then she could not find it and I figured she was wrong...either way I plan to check them out every day for the next few days to see if it happens to actually arrive.
whats wrong with the cord? Is it the length, how long is it

ShinAmano said:

Keep us updated on 7-11 situation.

I have 2 within .25 miles from me :D

Also I got to see a preview of the strategy guide.. and its REALLY good. Goes by move by move on how each move affects another and counters.. its pretty nice.

ShinAmano

Guled said:
whats wrong with the cord? Is it the length, how long is it
Only about 10 feet...that is a part of the problem...but the biggest part is that it is there in the first place...I knew going in, but going from wireless to having the cord did not hit home until I actually plugged them up...

Blueblur1

SnowWolf said:
Ouch, how long did they get banned for? They're among the most prolific posters in this thread too.
At least one of them will be back shortly. I imagine they all received similar if not identical bans.

Anyway, what shipping date does everyone who pre-ordered a Chun-Li 360 pad from Amazon have? I have February 25, 2009. :(

Top Bottom