• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-PXG- said:
Just got back from Philly. Not only did they have SFIV, but also, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and BlazeBlue. Shit was fucking awesome. NinajHearltess should be posting pics later on tonight. :D
Here you go kiddies
100_0134.jpg

100_0135.jpg

100_0137.jpg

100_0136.jpg

Yeah most of the pictures are random game screens and the backs of peoples' heads but whatever, you get the idea.
Place was awesome, and there was only one statement that could perfectly sum up the experience: That bitch is blue like candy

Darkman M said:
The game has definitely been printed already i would think... printing the game a week before release sounds beyond strange.

Yea, this is right. Most games I think have at least a 3-4 week prep time to press all the copies for the ship date.

Anybody get there sticks from gamestop yet from pre-orders? All these guys getting their sticks in the mail make me mad!!! :D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Darkman M said:
The game has definitely been printed already i would think... printing the game a week before release sounds beyond strange.
If that is the case then even the vanilla Street Fighter IV will be a limited edition.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Man, I was never really good at Super Turbo, so all the beatings Ive been taking online are really fucking with my self esteem, haha .. I jump too much.

Other SF's Im much better at, lets hope SF IV is one of them :lol

Linkhero1

Raging Spaniard said:
Man, I was never really good at Super Turbo, so all the beatings Ive been taking online are really fucking with my self esteem, haha .. I jump too much.

I'm pretty bad myself. Maybe we can play some day.

-PXG-

Tiduz said:
does the ps3 fightpad need a driver like sixaxis, or is it plug and play with mini usb cable?

Hmmm. I believe Jim said it was plug and play. The 360 ones are.

GalacticAE said:
Ghetto arcade flyers FTW.

I know :lol

The thing is, SFIV isn't even supposed to be out in the US AT ALL. Of course, niether are Tatsu or BlazeBlue. All three of those games had regular ass TVs and homemade cabinets and sticks. Its obvious the owner purchased the boards.

But yeah, it was Ghetto as fuck, but that is what made it even more awesome. :lol

Raging Spaniard said:

SF4 feels more like 3S than ST to me.

-PXG- said:
The thing is, SFIV isn't even supposed to be out in the US AT ALL. Of course, niether are Tatsu or BlazeBlue. All three of those games had regular ass TVs and homemade cabinets and sticks. Its obvious the owner purchased the boards.

Blazblue did get an official arcade release here. They even have a website. http://www.aksysgames.com/bba/

Guled said:
Markman and someother guys at SRK got it working with plug and play
I'm assuming they've already had the driver installed (XBOX 360 controller driver) or are running Vista which automatically recognizes it.

Guled

donkey show said:
I'm assuming they've already had the driver installed (XBOX 360 controller driver) or are running Vista which automatically recognizes it.
isn't the PS3 sticks just pc sticks that work on the PS3 and thus don't need the sixaxies drivers? I might be wrong

-PXG-

akachan ningen said:

Blazblue did get an official arcade release here. They even have a website. http://www.aksysgames.com/bba/

Nevermind then. But Tatsu? I was surprised to see that shit. Its so awesome. We lol'd so many times at Roll's Ultra combo.......giant bucket.....:lol

This dude was ridiculous too. He was pulling off like 30-40 hit combos like nothing. I could have sworn he was an octopus, because he was dealing some SERIOUS rape.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
-PXG- said:
Nevermind then. But Tatsu? I was surprised to see that shit. Its so awesome. We lol'd so many times at Roll's Ultra combo.......giant bucket.....:lol

This dude was ridiculous too. He was pulling off like 30-40 hit combos like nothing. I could have sworn he was an octopus, because he was dealing some SERIOUS rape.

They don't fuck around over there. Lol.

-PXG- said:

That game's severely broken, that's why. There are infinite/100% combos.

-PXG-

Oldschoolgamer said:
They don't fuck around over there. Lol.

I heard CF was even more hardcore. People at UP were really chill and really nice. But there were some very talented folks there. And Mahvel? Got dayuuuuuuuuuuum!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
akachan ningen said:
That game's severely broken, that's why. There are infinite/100% combos.

Thats definitely the impression the videos gave ... but then again this game looks like it was done in a hurry so ... (and Im one of the few people that think Marvel vs Capcom 2 wasnt a button masher, lol)

Raging Spaniard said:
Thats definitely the impression the videos gave ... but then again this game looks like it was done in a hurry so ... (and Im one of the few people that think Marvel vs Capcom 2 wasnt a button masher, lol)

Yeah, I was surprised by how soon it came out after it was announced. I at least expected the Wii version to come out much later so they could fix all the bullshit that they found out through the arcade. But no, it was obviously just a money thing for that game.

Linkhero1

I think they rushed TvC to fit it into 2008 schedule. I hope, if they do make a second one, they fix all the bugs and shit. I mean I love the game but it gets annoying sometimes.

Oldschoolgamer

Come on with that. You all act like the other versus games didn't have something with them.

Everyone in MvC has an infinite, it's just that folks like Strider, War Machine, Gambit, and definitely Wolverine's wavedashing ass are tops.

EVERYONE in MvC2 has an infinite, it's just that the God Tier folks make are used so much for high level play that you don't see the rest.

XvSf has some ridiculous shit in it, as well as the other games.

TvC is NO different.

Bit of advice though, make sure you have meter for Mega Crash if you feel like you are going to get hit with a crazy combo. Also, some times it's better to save meter and not use it, if the combo isn't going to kill you.

Raging Spaniard

Oldschoolgamer said:
Come on with that. You all act like the other versus games didn't have something with them.

Everyone in MvC has an infinite, it's just that folks like Strider, War Machine, Gambit, and definitely Wolverine's wavedashing ass are tops.

EVERYONE in MvC2 has an infinite, it's just that the God Tier folks make them are used so much for high level play that you don't see them.

TvC is NO different.

Bit of advice though, make sure you have meter for Mega Crash if you feel like you are going to get hit with a crazy combo. Also, some times it's better to save meter and not use it, if the combo isn't going to kill you.

Dont get me wrong, if I play with 3 Guiles in Mahvel, youre done, pretty much. He is seriously a demon in that game. My impression is that Tatsu goes beyond that.

Linkhero1

Oldschoolgamer said:

EVERYONE in MvC2 has an infinite, it's just that the God Tier folks make are used so much for high level play that you don't see the rest.

TvC is NO different.

Mega Crash has saved my life so many times in the game. It's pretty easy to fill up the bars too, so I have no problems really. That doesn't mean it doesn't get annoying sometimes :p

Oldschoolgamer

Raging Spaniard said:
Dont get me wrong, if I play with 3 Guiles in Mahvel, youre done, pretty much. He is seriously a demon in that game. My impression is that Tatsu goes beyond that.

Honestly, I don't see a difference between getting hit with the ROM infinite, Iron Man's infinite, and the shenanigans in TvC.

edit: and I need to correct something about MvC. They all don't, but it has it's fair share of shenanigans and stuff too. :/

Raging Spaniard

Oldschoolgamer said:
Honestly, I don't see a difference between getting hit with the ROM infinite, Iron Man's infinite, and the shenanigans in TvC.

edit: and I need to correct something about MvC. They all don't, but it has it's fair share of shenanigans and stuff too. :/

Well, alright, Ill take your word for it. Wont stop me from enjoying the game anyways :)

-PXG-

I will say, in my opinion, SFIV feels like 3S and Alpha. It doesn't feel clunky or slow. Its pretty fast paced actually. And of course, its gorgeous, though I think, and this may sound odd, that the console versions look BETTER. I don't know....

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
akachan ningen said:

Yeah, It's the perfect mix of the two for me.

-PXG- said:
I will say, in my opinion, SFIV feels like 3S and Alpha. It doesn't feel clunky or slow. Its pretty fast paced actually. And of course, its gorgeous, though I think, and this may sound odd, that the console versions look BETTER. I don't know....

Console versions do look "cleaner". The speed is good. I still kind of wish they has a speed select feature in the console version though.

Linkhero1

I await your templates Raging Spaniard :D

-PXG- said:
I don't know about it feeling like 3S, but it did feel like a mix of Alpha and Turbo to me. What kind of screen were you playing it on? I thought the arcade version looked just as good.

-PXG-

Linkhero1 said:
I await your templates Raging Spaniard :D

I don't know about it feeling like 3S, but it did feel like a mix of Alpha and Turbo to me. What kind of screen were you playing it on? I thought the arcade version looked just as good.

Some kind of HD CRT monitor. Some of the textures just seemed off. There were some jaggies too.

Also, can anyone help me with GGOP. Do I have to open ALL ports between 6000 and 6009 or just one. I did the 7000. I just get a gray screen. Halp!

Akim

Banned
_dementia said:

I'm on, but I can't seem to connect to anyone. Forwarded my ports. Gonna try 3s. Username is Akim

edit: I connected!

double edit: apparently it only worked once

triple edit: when I connect someone in 3s do I need to use a usb controller to play or what? Seems like they just play single player when I connect

Linkhero1

Akim said:
I'm on, but I can't seem to connect to anyone. Forwarded my ports. Gonna try 3s. Username is Akim

edit: I connected!

double edit: apparently it only worked once

triple edit: when I connect someone in 3s do I need to use a usb controller to play or what? Seems like they just play single player when I connect
I don't think it matters if you have a controller or not, it should work. I've been getting the same problems too and was never able to fix it. I can never seem to connect to anyone and play them and end up watching them play sp. I have vista 32-bit btw.

Linkhero1

_dementia said:
akim, you have to press start to join
I think he presses start but he and the other player can't connect. At least that's the problem I'm having. I can't seem to connect to anyone. I opened my ports, installed air. I'll try again after I get my TE stick.

Top Bottom