• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
omgimaninja said:
I've learned the hard way to NEVER throw a fireball as Dhalsim (even his Ultra fireball) when Abel has a full ultra charge.
Abel Ultra is kind of 'cheap' ,he can go trough fireballs trough the entire screen and with some crazy priority!

Doc Evils

I'm having a hard time doing jump heavy punch>>heavy kick>>shinko hadoken on ryu's time trials. the hadoken takes too long to pull off.

Doc Evils said:
I'm having a hard time doing jump heavy punch>>heavy kick>>shinko hadoken on ryu's time trials. the hadoken takes too long to pull off.
That one is an odd timing thing. You gotta do it during the first kick on the heavy kick.. Cancel after the first kick into shinku.

So when you land do 1 hadoken motion then HK then the second hadoken motion and the punches.

Won

yeb said:
Go into training mode, turn on attack data and see for yourself. Every attack causes a certain amount of stun, and each character is dizzied after a certain number of points. Zangief's headbutt (straight jump up+HP) traditionally does a huge amount of stun, so getting dizzied after 2 hits is entirely normal.

Also, if skulls are circling your head it means the dizzy will last longer than if stars are circling.

Well then....great, exactly what Zangief needs....I want to cry now. :(

On a more positive note: The shoto mass finally has enough BP to push up my own BP. 1528 BP with Fuerte. Woohoo!

Won said:
Well then....great, exactly what Zangief needs....I want to cry now. :(

On a more positive note: The shoto mass finally has enough BP to push up my own BP. 1528 BP with Fuerte. Woohoo!
Yay another Fuerte user.

I love him. Hes ton's of fun. He is so dangerous after he knocks someone down.. but he has some trouble getting to that initial knockdown sometimes.

Doc Evils

TurtleSnatcher said:
That one is an odd timing thing. You gotta do it during the first kick on the heavy kick.. Cancel after the first kick into shinku.

So when you land do 1 hadoken motion then HK then the second hadoken motion and the punches.

cool thanks

Vdragoon

_dementia said:
no random blanka ball either!

god blanka is so annoying, i can't play my ultra aggressive style against him. can't do cross-ups (electric thunder) or jump-ins and can't do fireballs (EX ball). i'm left with playing footsies.

Blanka is one of my most hated people to go against.

Guile is kind of up there but Fuerte pwns him.

I also can't stand Bison..

Sagat isn't that annoying for me amazingly. Fei Long is also annoying.

I actually like Giefs sometimes just because Fuerte has more priority on a lot of his attacks then his Spinning Clothesline..

Vdragoon

TurtleSnatcher said:

Sagat isn't that annoying for me amazingly. Fei Long is also annoying.

I actually like Giefs sometimes just because Fuerte has more priority on a lot of his attacks then his Spinning Clothesline..

guile is ok if you are in his face, but if you let him play his game you're done.
i kill most sagats, just wait for that tiger or whiffed upper/knee.
played against one fei long and it was pretty close, but i won that one.
giefs i like to play stay away as his lariat prevents all cross-ups and deep jump-ins.
I haven't played too many Fuerte, but his mix-up game is pretty deadly.

I think the thing that pisses me most off about Guile are the people that abuse his FK.. Ugh.. Sweep FK with the double hit and then jump in again and its a nonstop pattern. Yea I know I can get out but I always forget about the stupid second sweep FK :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
TurtleSnatcher said:
I think the thing that pisses me most off about Guile are the people that abuse his FK.. Ugh.. Sweep FK with the double hit and then jump in again and its a nonstop pattern. Yea I know I can get out but I always forget about the stupid second sweep FK :(

I hate fighting against a non-Guile and I sit there and actually wait for a second sweep that's not coming, makes me feel stupid.

Vdragoon

TurtleSnatcher said:

Fuerte your main? Just ultra when he uses his cHK :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So, 3000k or so Gief joins my ranked lobby and beats me. Joins again, and I beat him.

Then he's all like

2hocrux.jpg

Also, Gen is fun lols. Taken a pretty big hit in BP, but I'm having more fun with him than I am Cammy I think.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TurtleSnatcher said:

Focus Attack :D

Won

Lost Fragment said:
So, 3000k or so Gief joins my ranked lobby and beats me. Joins again, and I beat him.

Then he's all like

http://i41.tinypic.com/2hocrux.jpg[img]

Also, Gen is fun lols. Taken a pretty big hit in BP, but I'm having more fun with him than I am Cammy I think.[/QUOTE]

Lame excuse, but if he is talking about the Gekiro, then I kinda agree with him. Silly move.^^

MoxManiac said:
That doesn't sound all that cheap to me, just standard akuma faire.
Man, it ain't cheap but it sure is boring. Of course I'm just drill, spike, strike, spike but it's cute when I do it.

I had this great opponent earlier today. A boxer with 3700 BP who couldn't fucking block to save his life. He messaged me afterwards to let me know how rubbish I am and how I need to learn how to combo. Yet he lost to me. Very, very badly. It was lovely and I wish I got more messages like that. The community's been surprisingly friendly for me so far!

RSTEIN said:
No, I understand what he's saying. I really suck yet even I fail to find a lot of challenge in ranked games. I only have ~1300BP but I'll go through loooong stretches where not only will I win every match but my opponent poses no challenge whatsoever. Even when I search exclusively for opponents that have higher BP than me, the majority of the time they'll have less than 500BP or be a cake walk. It's not that I'm good, it's just for some reason I never get matched up with truly good players. When I play people who are truly good, like haunts, I get my ass handed to me hard. Where are all the haunts online (or even players with 1/10th his skill)?
Someone said C- has 3000BP, which is the same BP range I've been in for the last week or so. The more skilled filter isn't that busted in that range. I regularly fight guys in the high 3000s and up. Rarely get matched with dudes under 2500. Usually get at least 50bp for a win. Sometimes I don't get many hits for more skilled and have to revert to same skill, but even then the BP gap isn't as huge as it is when you're under 2000. And you can search for more skilled in player too so...

TurtleSnatcher said:

Yeah, this is my hate list too. Blanka is brutal since I can't cross him up. Guiles are usually incredibly boring but I can usually wreck him now. I dunno what the fuck to do with Cammy against a Gief who knows what he's doing.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I had the same problem. I went into training, recorded a loop of Guile doing the c.FK, and practiced doing a FA between hits. It's worked out pretty well.

Vdragoon

McBradders said:
Focus Attack :D

good call.. i keep forgetting that.

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yeah, this is my hate list too. Blanka is brutal since I can't cross him up. Guiles are usually incredibly boring but I can usually wreck him now. I dunno what the fuck to do with Cammy against a Gief who knows what he's doing.

cammy against geif:

close range: he's trying to SPD or he's doing a cross-up jump SPD - jump straight up to aviod and punish with combo.

mid range: spiral arrow if he's not blocking low, if he blocks > cannon spike as he will try to grab or counter. if he does nothing you are safe as her spike pushes you back. watch for his green hand of death, just block and punish.

long range: you can do a jHK and the tip of your feet will hit even if he does lariat.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Won said:
but if he is talking about the Gekiro, then I kinda agree with him. Silly move.^^

Yeah it does shit damage, but it looks awesome though. Plus, it's the best thing to juggle his super with if you don't have enough meter for an ultra.

ShinAmano

Stantron said:
Not that I'm complaining, but you know what would spice up ranked matches? An option to mandatory random select.
In fighting games random should be mandatory...

I use random for everything...not only does it open you up to all the characters, but it makes the game more enjoyable because I am using something different every time...though I did check my character stats yesterday and Honda has about 80 more selects then the next person on the list :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Won said:
Lame excuse, but if he is talking about the Gekiro, then I kinda agree with him. Silly move.^^
It has its uses.

Walljump > stance change > EX Gekiro FTW
Lost Fragment said:
Plus, it's the best thing to juggle his super with if you don't have enough meter for an ultra.
This too.

kuYuri

I had one Gen I faced (I use Ryu) message me after I beat him saying "no respect for shotos." I don't know what he's complaining about, it's not like I went FFU on him or some other scrub shit. Just get better.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Fersis said:
Abel Ultra is kind of 'cheap' ,he can go trough fireballs trough the entire screen and with some crazy priority!

Ultras in general just have insane priority at start-up. I don't think ANYTHING will beat an ultra...outside of maybe another ultra? :lol

One other thing I hate is how some ultras seem to suck you out of the air. For example I've been hit out of the air mid-jump with Ken's shinryuken, but instead of me just falling to the ground (and Ken going just straight up with his shinryu ken) I get sucked to the ground and into his ground kicks. This is just stupid. Not to mention, one time I was about one and half character lengths away from my opponent and I was somehow still able to catch him with the shinryuken. I know it was in my favor but...wtf :lol

Capcom needs to tweak this black hole effect so that ultras shouldn't be able to break well timed moves and suck you in. It doesn't make sense that it doesn't at the very least trade hits with certain attacks.

henhowc said:
Ultras in general just have insane priority at start-up. I don't think ANYTHING will beat an ultra...outside of maybe another ultra? :lol
The first time my ultra got beaten by another ultra blew my mind! I didn't know it was possible. Now whenever it happens I just laugh at how crazy and fun the game is.

MoxManiac

Rummy Bunnz said:
Man, it ain't cheap but it sure is boring. Of course I'm just drill, spike, strike, spike but it's cute when I do it.

I had this great opponent earlier today. A boxer with 3700 BP who couldn't fucking block to save his life. He messaged me afterwards to let me know how rubbish I am and how I need to learn how to combo. Yet he lost to me. Very, very badly. It was lovely and I wish I got more messages like that. The community's been surprisingly friendly for me so far!

Weird, I fought a boxer in the 3000s that was the reverse of that. He spent a lot of time crouching and barely doing, well anything. I mean, I know balrogs often play reactively in crouch, but he'd literally just sit there and do barely anything. It was kinda funny.

Someone said C- has 3000BP, which is the same BP range I've been in for the last week or so. The more skilled filter isn't that busted in that range. I regularly fight guys in the high 3000s and up. Rarely get matched with dudes under 2500. Usually get at least 50bp for a win. Sometimes I don't get many hits for more skilled and have to revert to same skill, but even then the BP gap isn't as huge as it is when you're under 2000. And you can search for more skilled in player too so...

Do you use arcade mode or lobbies? I use the more skilled filter (i'm around 3200 currently) but I find it still matches me up with low bp people. But I use arcade mode almost exclusively for this, so maybe it works better in lobbies?

C- Warrior said:
I think I'm starting to get bored of this game -- there just is nobody online that poses a challenge anymore...

I invited some friends, did some random fights, did some ranked fights...and meh, no challenge. I think I actually need to start looking for some local tourneys...

A great way to meet people is to look up local matches at www.shoryuken.com or you can get the game on ps3, there's some fierce gaf competition on psn :p I went to a local srk sf4 group play the other day and didn't win a single match :( I'm not phenomenal or anything, but I'm a little decent and have about 4100 BP and they just wrecked my shop lol.

scaffa

Still playing with Fuerte here and still enjoying it a lot. I got 0 BP again yay, just went down again from 172 BP or so, yeah that's a lot for me :lol

I don't really care much about the BP, maybe because I don't have any and the consequences of loosing aren't that great yet. My skills are somewhat better then before, at least I notice a difference and the one thing where I fail the most is that I go way to much in the offense instead of some defense or playing it a little bit cooler.

It's rare when I finally win a match or even win a round but really don't care much about that, it's annoying sometimes yeah but heck when I lose against someone that has 1000+ BP or even 3000 BP and I put up a fight against them, losing by not a great margin, then I'm fine with that :)

Had my first quitter just a minute ago, fight against Ken and he almost had me but I kept it cool and finished him with an ultra.. when I did that I knew what was going to happen sadly :( Also I hate Vega..damn that voice of him when he does that silly jump, that really makes me mad IEEEEAAA IEEAAAAA :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
Zotty said:
Also I hate Vega..damn that voice of him when he does that silly jump, that really makes me mad IEEEEAAA IEEAAAAA :(

If you're on XBL don't accept a game invite from Gaffer AZ Greg. I think he uses Vega exclusively. :lol

Do you use arcade mode or lobbies? I use the more skilled filter (i'm around 3200 currently) but I find it still matches me up with low bp people. But I use arcade mode almost exclusively for this, so maybe it works better in lobbies?
Mainly arcade req. Occasionally I get matched with the same dudes over and over again, so when that happens I go cruising for games to join. It seems like I get better comp through arcade req but it's probably just luck of the draw. This is on Live but I doubt the platform makes much of a difference.

about Ultra's not everyone is so lucky
Honda's Ultra is slow on startup and can be easily avoided, it is even too slow to punish certain blocked moves that his EX Headbutt would nail.
his Super is way Faster, more frames of projectile invulnerability and shit. But since Honda is EX dependent, you won't see is good Super that often.

Fei-Long, haha he got screwed with a ground only Ultra because hitting Air-Born opponents whiffy whooffy

NYR

Don't know if this has been posted.

Kotaku Video Podcast with Seth Killian this past Friday. The video is only the gameplay from the battles they are having while talking, so you don't need to watch it - you can just listen.

http://kotaku.com/5165282/kotaku-podcast-street-fighter-iv-with-seth-killian?skyline=true&s=x

Some spoilers if you don't want to listen:
- Says Seth was designed to be cheap, He is a boss in a fighting game and should be. He is beatable.
- Says Blind Select is not the Japanese style and hates people talking about it online. I would assume this means it ain't happening.
- Hears concerns about lobbies. Possible title update could implement this.
- Did not comment about the mass of Ken's online.

kuYuri

gutter_trash said:
about Ultra's not everyone is so lucky
Honda's Ultra is slow on startup and can be easily avoided, it is even too slow to punish certain blocked moves that his EX Headbutt would nail.
his Super is way Faster, more frames of projectile invulnerability and shit. But since Honda is EX dependent, you won't see is good Super that often.

Fei-Long, haha he got screwed with a ground only Ultra because hitting Air-Born opponents whiffy whooffy

Ryu's Ultra is crap too. Slow moving and long recovery time, it's only worth using in a combo.

Also, Zangief's Ultra is ridiculous. I've been grabbed in the middle of Hurricane Kicks for goodness sake. :mad:

Strider2K99 said:
Ryu's Ultra is crap too. Slow moving and long recovery time, it's only worth using in a combo.

Also, Zangief's Ultra is ridiculous. I've been grabbed in the middle of Hurricane Kicks for goodness sake. :mad:

You're joking right?!? Ryu has one of, if not THE best ultras in the game. You can land it off ANYTHING.

CPS2

FindMyFarms said:
You're joking right?!? Ryu has one of, if not THE best ultras in the game. You can land it off ANYTHING.

^This. It doesn't do much damage compared to others, but it's so easy to land that it's got to be one of the best.

kuYuri

FindMyFarms said:

I should have worded that differently. It's crap on it's own, but in a combo, it's great. Outside of a combo, it's not good for wake-up or even for chip damage.

Strider2K99 said:

Ryu's Ultra is meant to be used in combos, some of the easiest Ultra combo set ups in the game

just a LP Dragon Punch = free Ultra set up

NYR

ChrisGoldstein said:
Can people see how many losses you have in your stats? just BP and ranked wins?
Wow, I didn't even know you could look @ wins and BP...."Check Stats" option in ranked lobby, right?

kuYuri

gutter_trash said:
Ryu's Ultra is meant to be used in combos, some of the easiest Ultra combo set ups in the game

just a LP Dragon Punch = free Ultra set up

Indeed, I just found out while watching Daigo Ryu you can do EX Tatsumaki into Ultra in the corner. :lol

Top Bottom