• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I think you can only land Cammy's ultra off j.HK and her stupid backfist. I haven't had any luck doing it on a crumpled opponent but maybe I don't have the timing down. I'm practicing FADC'ing into it but I still don't have the hang of that shit and I'm not sure I ever will. The one time I pulled off c.spike > fadc > c.spike in a match was pretty sweet though.

Rummy Bunnz said:
I think you can only land Cammy's ultra off j.HK and her stupid backfist. I haven't had any luck doing it on a crumpled opponent but maybe I don't have the timing down. I'm practicing FADC'ing into it but I still don't have the hang of that shit and I'm not sure I ever will. The one time I pulled off c.spike > fadc > c.spike in a match was pretty sweet though.

But her Ultra is fast enough to punish blocked Honda HP headbutts and probably blocked Blanka Rolls (not sure about Blanka, I will have to abuse Blanka balls against Cammys online to see if they will Utra me wich doesnt happen often since there are not many Cammys out there)

gutter_trash said:
But her Ultra is fast enough to punish blocked Honda HP headbutts and probably blocked Blanka Rolls (not sure about Blanka, I will have to abuse Blanka balls against Cammys online to see if they will Utra me wich doesnt happen often since there are not many Cammys out there)

poor Honda man, everything is a free ultra off blocked headbutt.

_dementia said:
poor Honda man, everything is a free ultra off blocked headbutt.

Chun-Li pwns him big time when she has a Super and or Ultra loaded.
Chun-Li knows it and she requires a charge for her Ultra so she knows she will need to turtle the shit out of him.
and Honda knows he cannot even Sumo Headbutt her at all (all strenghts) when she is carrying a charge and meter.

in Super Turbo, it was general safe of block outside corners, I am pretty sure that if they ever tweak him in the next game, that will be where they would go to fix him

gutter_trash said:
Yeah, I think you can do it to blocked balls. You can also use it on any shotos who are stupid enough to throw a fireball at close range. Don't run into many folks like that once you rank up, but I still throw it out way more often than I should. I think most of my recent losses are due to stupidly timed whiffed ultras. I do too much stupid shit.

I really like Honda and wish I knew how to play him. It sounds like it's rough.

Stantron

Anyone know if the tournament mode patch will include a spectator option? It would be really cool to watch other matches after you've been eliminated or waiting for your next match. Maybe even an option to talk smack to the person you just lost to (audible to them) as he/she is playing their next opponent. :D

Cynar

Stantron said:
Anyone know if the tournament mode patch will include a spectator option? It would be really cool to watch other matches after you've been eliminated or waiting for your next match. Maybe even an option to talk smack to the person you just lost to (audible to them) as he/she is playing their next opponent. :D

no news yet, we can only hope for spectator and lobbies

MrOctober

Banned
I posted and then fell asleep, so to anyone on PSN that was in the same boat as me a few pages back that said they wanted to add me my PSN name is CrossingTheFrame. I'd be happy to pick every character on the roster in player matches and learn how to get better at this game. Add me if you want to have an opponent who never ever picks Ken or Ryu.

Strider2K99 said:
Indeed, I just found out while watching Daigo Ryu you can do EX Tatsumaki into Ultra in the corner. :lol

Outside of grab supers, there's not a single super you're going to use on its own except for punishing or off a focus attack.. So saying that it's not good on it's own isn't really a knock on it. Anyhows, ways to land his ultra :

- Off of an ex fireball
- ex tatsu in the corner
- FADC off of a shoryuken (million ways to get to this.. if you can hit someone with a lp or lk, then you can land an ultra.)
- If you trade on a jump in with a shoryuken, there's another free ultra
- If you get a focus attack crumple, then that's a free forward fp, fp shoryuken, fadc, ultra!

And those are just the ones I know of!

toneroni

FindMyFarms said:
Outside of grab supers, there's not a single super you're going to use on its own except for punishing or off a focus attack.. So saying that it's not good on it's own isn't really a knock on it. Anyhows, ways to land his ultra :

- Off of an ex fireball
- ex tatsu in the corner
- FADC off of a shoryuken (million ways to get to this.. if you can hit someone with a lp or lk, then you can land an ultra.)
- If you trade on a jump in with a shoryuken, there's another free ultra
- If you get a focus attack crumple, then that's a free forward fp, fp shoryuken, fadc, ultra!

And those are just the ones I know of!
i think if you just fierce hit them up in the air you can land it too.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yay another Fuerte user.

I love him. Hes ton's of fun. He is so dangerous after he knocks someone down.. but he has some trouble getting to that initial knockdown sometimes.
Wtb tips for ELF in normal people language not sf nerd slang so I can use him online ;(

Guled

gutter_trash said:
i am willing to bet that SF4's Championship patch will come out before HDRemix's patch
don't think so, the championship patch is coming in the summer, and since they just posed the details for the HDR patch, I bet its coming soon

Zapages

This is weird...

I am on Time Trial 13 and Rose's life bar is cross black and yellow. What do I have to do damage on her? I don't get its weird... Do I need to go back and get better crowns or something? IDK... :(

"I am on Time Trial 13 and Rose's life bar is cross black and yellow. What do I have to do damage on her? I don't get its weird... Do I need to go back and get better crowns or something? IDK... :("

Are you reading the details for each trial at the bottom?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Zapages said:
This is weird...

I am on Time Trial 13 and Rose's life bar is cross black and yellow. What do I have to do damage on her? I don't get its weird... Do I need to go back and get better crowns or something? IDK... :(
it's like that because you're not supposed to know how much life she has left. just do your thing and she'll die eventually.

Zapages

Teknopathetic said:
"I am on Time Trial 13 and Rose's life bar is cross black and yellow. What do I have to do damage on her? I don't get its weird... Do I need to go back and get better crowns or something? IDK... :("

Are you reading the details for each trial at the bottom?

Too small to read on my regular 20 tv... :(

Thank you Brob and Tekno for the advice. :)

Aye, anyone willing to be my punching bag for a few rounds? >.> ...more than likely it'll be the other way around. I need some C. Viper practice. I refuse to go ranked until I can at least get off 1 or 2 attacks before having my arse promptly handed to me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The single player in this game is just terrible, even more so than other fighting games. Not having an internet connection for a week totally killed this game for me.

Glad to be back though. :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Brobzoid said:
it's like that because you're not supposed to know how much life she has left. just do your thing and she'll die eventually.

I'd describe it a bit differently than that though... :lol

PSGames

NYR said:
- Says Blind Select is not the Japanese style and hates people talking about it online. I would assume this means it ain't happening.

This is ridiculous. The game will sell 10 times more here in America than in Japan.

Chamber said:
The single player in this game is just terrible, even more so than other fighting games. Not having an internet connection for a week totally killed this game for me.

Glad to be back though. :D
how is it any different than other fighters? do you mean outside of arcade mode?

PSGames said:
This is ridiculous. The game will sell 10 times more here in America than in Japan.
I'm sure it will. The PS3 version in Japan has only sold 111,000 copies according to the Media Crate thread, with 360 copies well below. I'm very optimistic and hope for 500,000+ copies sold in the US in next week's NPD thread.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
PSGames said:
Yeah, what they could do is make blind select an option when you want fight requests or make a lobby.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Stabby McSter said:
how is it any different than other fighters? do you mean outside of arcade mode?
I really have no idea. I just seem to find the CPU in this game less enjoyable to play against than other fighters I've played. Maybe the fact that I never got to take those games online plays a part in it.

I don't understand the big deal about blind select?

What character the other person chooses shouldn't affect MY choice. I should be able to beat EVERYONE with whoever I want to play as. That's the definition of balance. So if that's not the case, then the problem isn't with blind select it's with the fundamental balance of the game.

Thus far I've not found the game unbalanced, and therefore I couldn't care less for blind select.

There's more important things to complain about, like no multiperson lobbies. Much bigger deal.

Doosi

Banned
Omar Ismail said:

What character the other person chooses shouldn't affect MY choice. I should be able to beat EVERYONE with whoever I want to play as. That's the definition of balance. So if that's not the case, then the problem isn't with blind select it's with the fundamental balance of the game.

Thus far I've not found the game unbalanced, and therefore I couldn't care less for blind select.

There's more important things to complain about, like no multiperson lobbies. Much bigger deal.

Agree with the whole post.

Holy Order Sol said:
Some people are just annoying as fuck. At least with blind select they would just pick a character right away since there would be no point in waiting.
You'd think so, but I ran into way too many people in HDR who ran out the clock moving from box to box on the character select screen. And you know what? They always picked Ken.

Way more of those idiots in SF4 though. I wish there was blind select. I always wanna punch someone who makes an obvious counter pick.

PSGames

Holy Order Sol said:
Some people are just annoying as fuck. At least with blind select they would just pick a character right away since there would be no point in waiting.

Pretty much. It's freakin annoying to be picking your character as the other person just sits there and waits. 9 times out of 10 they're just going to pick Ken anyway. I've gotten to the point where I just wait til the last second to pick my character.

Zabka

Omar Ismail said:
I play Honda. Because of counterpicking I basically fight 3 characters at my BP level.

Zangief, Sagat and Ryu.

It can get boring sometimes, but I dread the day people realize how easily Abel can cross-up and slap Honda around.

Player lobbies are much more important though. Second would be having BP per character instead of per gamertag (there would be much more variety in ranked). Third would be having standard match settings and real matchmaking in ranked mode. Fourth would be penalties for quitters. Then blind select.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Won said:
More like a typical Fuerte vs Zangief fight. Fuerte owns Zangief, one little mistake and gone are Fuertes little health points. :(

It's a good match because that little flying magician got what he deserves :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
toneroni said:
i think if you just fierce hit them up in the air you can land it too.

jumping strong rather, but yeah, there are tons of ways to land ryu's ultra even if your fadc game is as weak as mine

RedAssedApe

Banned
Omar Ismail said:

I believe that was one of Seth's counter-arguments (outside of the not-Japan's style one). He stated that the match-ups are all fair enough in most respects that knowing which character your opponent is choosing isn't really going to alter the game too much. Not to mention that tiers are really only applicable to super high levels of play. A crappy player using a S tier character isn't going to be appreciably better than another crappy player who uses one of the "worst" characters in the game.

henhowc said:
I believe that was one of Seth's counter-arguments (outside of the not-Japan's style one). He stated that the match-ups are all fair enough in most respects that knowing which character your opponent is choosing isn't really going to alter the game too much. Not to mention that tiers are really only applicable to super high levels of play. A crappy player using a S tier character isn't going to be appreciably better than another crappy player who uses one of the "worst" characters in the game.

It's almost a fair point, but I often find tiers will effect people of a similar skill level which is what the game sets out to do. Also I think you need to question what's lost in allowing blind select?

That said I've started playing as Gen and it's been pretty fun (I through crossing over with Abel was easy...) On the down side I've not worked out what to do with him when I'm not wanting to jump in.

TimeKillr

GGs to BlackAdde.

Thanks for the beatings :) I feel I learned a lot tonight - grabs from blocked jump-ins are insane... I just couldn't figure out why standard grabs beat my jab command throw, but I learned.

Your Balrog is a beast. Seriously.. wow. I also need to do more block strings; at many points I felt like I wasn't sure which one of your followups were coming (jab into throw or jab into c.fk?)

All around, good games. I need to play more people like you so I can get better!

blackadde

ggs timekillr, fun matches. i dont get to fight many abels so it was cool. he really does have a sick crossup game.

oh yeah, and i also learned that fullscreen EX rushes aren't safe against abel, haha.

gutter_trash said:
no it isnt, the alts are 100% costmetic, non-gamebreaking.
most people havent even unlocked any extra colors in Time Attack and Survival mode anyways
not a rip-off

It's content that is on the disc, that you need to pay more on top of retail to use. It is a rip off in every sense of the term. It doesn't matter if it's game breaking or important, it's game content on the disc that I already paid for. There should be the reasonable expectation that I get access to ALL data on the disc I bought.

No offense, but people like you are the reason next gen we are going to be paying 60 bucks for the engine, then all the levels and characters and so forth are going to cost more. Crap like what CAPCOM is doing here and with MM9 is just the start, and the end isn't going to be pretty.

Top Bottom