• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

KdoubleA

Anyone not able to connect to a game on LIVE? I got a couple of guys on my friend's list with the same problem...I can't even create a game.

Finally finished Survival...

All I have left are the hard challenges, 365 flashy background victories and the online battles (which I haven't fought one yet).

Spiderjericho said:
Finally finished Survival...

All I have left are the hard challenges, 365 flashy background victories and the online battles (which I haven't fought one yet).
Wow Spider no online yet.. Cool you have all the other achievements. Nice job. I have no clue how you guys get all the trials done.. those are so fucking impossible.. You have to be a god.

I can only do like 3 out of the 100 + hard trials.

Lyte Edge said:
This is awful, and yet it being SNK, I can believe it!

I think it is more to do with the Japanese development (maybe online matches...don't know). It is a bit odd...since they could definitely find a niche with releasing their titles on Live Arcade (along with PSN). I'd pay $15 for 1994 Rebout or SVC for PSN (since they never came out here...though the translation is already there).

I can't even do some of the normal trials.. man who am I kidding about some of the hard ones (I have the first Ryu one, and 2 Sagat ones but thats it for hard trials)

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wow Spider no online yet.. Cool you have all the other achievements. Nice job. I have no clue how you guys get all the trials done.. those are so fucking impossible.. You have to be a god.

I can only do like 3 out of the 100 + hard trials.

Unfortunately not...I'll probably start dabbling...tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard to unlock medals and what not...especially since I have 0 BP.

And I haven't really touched hard challenge except for completing Akuma, Ryu, Ken and Sagat's. The last one I left off with was Abel. I was doing the one where he had to cancel his forward kick twice into dash and fierce.

Just managed to finish the game on the hardest difficulty, which is a big thing for me as i suck badly at fighting games :lol Almost finished with the normal challenges too.

I dont think i will start playing online, as im not too keen on the idea of me getting my ass handed to me constantly :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spiderjericho said:
I think it is more to do with the Japanese development (maybe online matches...don't know). It is a bit odd...since they could definitely find a niche with releasing their titles on Live Arcade (along with PSN). I'd pay $15 for 1994 Rebout or SVC for PSN (since they never came out here...though the translation is already there).

I don't think you'd want SvC, lolol. ;)

I'd take ReBout even though I have it on PS2, but '98 Ultimate Match is really all you need out of the older KOFs.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
hwateber said:
This is what I hate most about ranked matches. If you have 1 bar, stop joining my game :(
Really? I rarely have problems even with the ones blinking no-connection.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
RevenantKioku said:
Really? I rarely have problems even with the ones blinking no-connection.
I thought those were the good connection...

I never have even a bit lag with those indicators.

crunker99

Hey, today we finally finished the Street Fighter IV home PS3/360 arcade project and it came out great:

Check it out:

gr.image.jpg

panel2.jpg

for the whole article and all 55 images check http://www.gamersreports.com/article/59/1/street-fighter-iv-arcade-machine-project

enjoy

I had my most satisfying ranked win, today. I was playing arcade mode, and got challenged by some guy with a high-level icon and tag. He chose Ken. I picked Sagat. First round, I realize he's not much of a threat, and I get sloppy. He ends up, barely, winning first round with a random SRK. Second round, I punish him down to half life, but then get sloppy again. I win the second round, but it was close. Ken can do a lot of damage if you let your guard down. Third round, I tell myself to stop fucking around. I punish him from the start of the round. He's almost dead, and I'm clear across the screen throwing tiger shots. He eats two tiger shots while just standing there, doing nothing. That's when I realized, "This mofo is about to rage-quit!" I quickly throw an EX tiger shot, killing him, before he can pull the plug. Turns out he had over 4000bp, and I just took 140 of them. I only had around 2300bp, at the time. He obviously rage-quit his way to that score, because no way did he play like a 4000bp+ player. So I messaged him, "Sorry, but you disconnected too late." It wasn't until a few minutes, later, that he replied, "You suck and got lucky!" :lol I think fucking around the first two rounds lulled him into a false sense of security. He got caught off guard, in the final round, and by the time he realized he was going to lose, it was too late.

It was sooo good!

BTW, stupid me. I finally realized how to get my arcade scores posted on the leaderboard. I never noticed that it says, RIGHT IN THE ARCADE SETTINGS, the requirements for leaderboard inclusion. Gotta set it to 3 rds, 99 sec, and med or higher difficulty. I asked earlier, but no one responded. =P

I also ran into akachan ningen, the other night, who ravaged me with his Blanka. I don't have much experience against Blanka, and his cross-ups kill me. I panicked and spazzed-out on the joystick. Only made a bad situation worse. :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
I can't even do some of the normal trials.. man who am I kidding about some of the hard ones (I have the first Ryu one, and 2 Sagat ones but thats it for hard trials)

Just take your time. And try practicing the parts of the combos you're having problems with. When I first got the game and attempted the Ken one...I was like WTF!! But after playing the game (mostly single player and getting familiar with the system), I went back and it wasn't as difficult. I won't lie...it does take some dexterity and patience. I'm not soooo great that I can do them on a single try (well...the hard ones).

Also, some of them are not as straightforward as they make them out to be. The game could've definitely used a little tutorial like Virtua Fighter.

Also, I hate to say it, but I hope they drop an upgrade in the summer in the arcades. After reading that IGN article, reading online criticisms and having some of my own...I hope

- Lobby

- Rebalance the characters (lessen the damage on Sagat's moves, change the priority or properties on Zangief, give Rose a decent wakeup, Seth needs to give more damage and change the priority or properties of his moves, Vega needs to stop losing his mask and claw...and maybe tweak his off the wall back drop...it seems difficult to do in 3D...you get what I'm saying)

- Redo the music (I'm not a techno/motion picture sound type of guy.) and have a theme play for every character.

- New backgrounds (this time with personality...like Alpha 2)

- The endings not be so non-sensical and use the game engine (or Ikeno art...no Udon please).

I think the game is awesome...but it could use some tweaking like Alpha 1/2, EX1 or III (original).

Lyte Edge said:
I don't think you'd want SvC, lolol. ;)

I'd take ReBout even though I have it on PS2, but '98 Ultimate Match is really all you need out of the older KOFs.

I actually bought a copy of SVC for my Neo Geo AES (when I had one). And I own a copy for Xbox. It would be soooo awesome if they did an Ultimate Match for SVC. Maybe borrow from the Neo Geo Battle Col engine...add 3D backgrounds, new music, etc.

Lyte Edge

Spiderjericho said:
I actually bought a copy of SVC for my Neo Geo AES (when I had one). And I own a copy for Xbox.

Same here. I had it on Neo-Geo and still have it for XBox and PS2. I'm one of the few that will admit to liking the game, but that's as a huge fanboy-- the game is broken to all hell. :lol

It would be soooo awesome if they did an Ultimate Match for SVC. Maybe borrow from the Neo Geo Battle Col engine...add 3D backgrounds, new music, etc.

This WOULD rock, since NeoGeo Battle Coliseum was essentially SvC Chaos's engine done right. The biggest problem would be adding in more Capcom characters; there's no already-made sprites to take from unlike '98 UM and 2002 UM.

Wow, my HDR Chun-Li did NOT make a good transition into SFIV :lol Just had some matches with Eraldo Coil, let's just say it ended in being ultra'd...by Dan :lol GG's man, we need to play more, I need to get my Chun up to speed.

And wow @ the variety in player...the players are mostly as good or better, plus it's not a Ryu pile. Sure you get some, but they get the drift once you stop picking the same character round to round (I rotate around 3 or 4).

Learning characters again takes too much work. I wants to be good with no effort :D

Any Chun players got any tips for a dude looking to rebuild? Is hazanshu a big part of her game? Is she rushdown or defensive? *strolls over to Haunts' guide*

Sucks that she doesn't have a true anti-air other than EX bird kick. Guile/Ken spoiled me :p

Killa Sasa said:
Wow, my HDR Chun-Li did NOT make a good transition into SFIV :lol Just had some matches with Eraldo Coil, let's just say it ended in being ultra'd...by Dan :lol GG's man, we need to play more, I need to get my Chun up to speed.

And wow @ the variety in player...the players are mostly as good or better, plus it's not a Ryu pile. Sure you get some, but they get the drift once you stop picking the same character round to round (I rotate around 3 or 4).

Learning characters again takes too much work. I wants to be good with no effort :D

Any Chun players got any tips for a dude looking to rebuild? Is hazanshu a big part of her game? Is she rushdown or defensive? *strolls over to Haunts' guide*

lol....that dan ultra was pretty funny though :D definitely gotta play more!!! if the characters name isn't rose i pretty much suck.....my bison was TERRIBLE in that Honda match.:D

Arde5643

Kccitystar said:
What the fuck, it's nearly impossible to find some ranked matches online
Is it in XBL? Then yeah, you're boned since XBL's boned for tonight.

Fuck, and I wanted to level up my Fuerte against some Gaffers tonight.

Lyte Edge said:
Same here. I had it on Neo-Geo and still have it for XBox and PS2. I'm one of the few that will admit to liking the game, but that's as a huge fanboy-- the game is broken to all hell. :lol

This WOULD rock, since NeoGeo Battle Coliseum was essentially SvC Chaos's engine done right. The biggest problem would be adding in more Capcom characters; there's no already-made sprites to take from unlike '98 UM and 2002 UM.

I'd be fine with the number of characters they already have...just redo the presentation and gameplay. But they could add...Morrigan, Zangief, Felicia, BB Hood and Evil Ryu (from Match of the mill) and Nakororu, Leona, Haohmaru and Athena. And now...I need to check out Battle. I have it but only played it once in the arcade.

LowParry

I think I'm starting to get a hang on using pressure combos and using a sort of rhythm. It's changed up my Bison pretty drastically. I've always put some heavy time into Akuma and Vega. Vega's hard to play. His wake up times seem so slow. Recovery feels the same as well. Guess I just gotta play more cat and mouse with him. Overall, it's made me forget about playing Killzone 2 or Dawn of War 2. That is until I get RE5 next week. :lol

mYm|17| said:
yea, i couldn't get a game at all like an hour ago........lame

Yea, its like the server is pooped out. The little match icon in arcade mode doesn't even stay on the screen when I am playing. Till tomorrow....

Cynar

George Claw M.D. said:
I had my most satisfying ranked win, today. I was playing arcade mode, and got challenged by some guy with a high-level icon and tag. He chose Ken. I picked Sagat. First round, I realize he's not much of a threat, and I get sloppy. He ends up, barely, winning first round with a random SRK. Second round, I punish him down to half life, but then get sloppy again. I win the second round, but it was close. Ken can do a lot of damage if you let your guard down. Third round, I tell myself to stop fucking around. I punish him from the start of the round. He's almost dead, and I'm clear across the screen throwing tiger shots. He eats two tiger shots while just standing there, doing nothing. That's when I realized, "This mofo is about to rage-quit!" I quickly throw an EX tiger shot, killing him, before he can pull the plug. Turns out he had over 4000bp, and I just took 140 of them. I only had around 2300bp, at the time. He obviously rage-quit his way to that score, because no way did he play like a 4000bp+ player. So I messaged him, "Sorry, but you disconnected too late." It wasn't until a few minutes, later, that he replied, "You suck and got lucky!" :lol I think fucking around the first two rounds lulled him into a false sense of security. He got caught off guard, in the final round, and by the time he realized he was going to lose, it was too late.

It was sooo good!

BTW, stupid me. I finally realized how to get my arcade scores posted on the leaderboard. I never noticed that it says, RIGHT IN THE ARCADE SETTINGS, the requirements for leaderboard inclusion. Gotta set it to 3 rds, 99 sec, and med or higher difficulty. I asked earlier, but no one responded. =P

I also ran into akachan ningen, the other night, who ravaged me with his Blanka. I don't have much experience against Blanka, and his cross-ups kill me. I panicked and spazzed-out on the joystick. Only made a bad situation worse. :lol

beautiful! love taking rage quitters down :D

hwateber

crunker99 said:
Hey, today we finally finished the Street Fighter IV home PS3/360 arcade project and it came out great:
enjoy
Since nobody else commented on it, nice setup! I wish I had the money to put one of these together.

AZ Greg

Kccitystar said:
Is it just me or when I do a stability search a majority are poor ass connections? WTF

Mine was like that a little earlier tonight. Tried one match and it had some nasty input lag.

Dreavus

Well damn, who knew this game would be so difficult to find (at least in Canada)? I must have tried at least 7 different stores and they're all out, some expecting a shipment this weekend.

I wasn't planning on picking this up right away TBH, but after playing for around 3+ hours with some friends last weekend, I basically can't wait to get my own copy. So much freaken fun!

(rant)

now wait a damn second!!!!!!!!!!

was there some sort of patch that i was unaware of!?!?!?!?

Rose's Shamwow ultra absorbs all and i have never been stuffed till tonight!!!! how the hell did a fucking hadouken not get absorbed by her shamwow ultra!!!!!! and then in the next match a fucking Honda stuffs the ultra with a jumping Mk. WTF!!!!!!

out of all my matches with rose tonight has been the only time this has ever happened!!!!! and i declare bullshit!!!

(end rant)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
EraldoCoil said:
(rant)

now wait a damn second!!!!!!!!!!

was there some sort of patch that i was unaware of!?!?!?!?

Rose's Shamwow ultra absorbs all and i have never been stuffed till tonight!!!! how the hell did a fucking hadouken not get absorbed by her shamwow ultra!!!!!! and then in the next match a fucking Honda stuffs the ultra with a jumping Mk. WTF!!!!!!

out of all my matches with rose tonight has been the only time this has ever happened!!!!! and i declare bullshit!!!

(end rant)
You know, I don't think anyone has thrown an attack at my Ultra. I've had it blocked plenty but never had someone hit me out of it. Hmmm.

Anyone up to get down? Koji-chan on psn.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
am I crazy or does SF4 do stat tracking for players?

example, I'm sure on the first day I got it, my flatmate signed in with his xbox local id and we had a whole overview of wins/loses vs each other somewhere.

Now I can't find this screen for the life of me, did I imagine it? Vs doesn't even require sign in and arcade doesn't seem to track anything. IM SURE IT WAS THERE AAAARGH

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
crunker99 said:

Check it out:

panel2.jpg
Oh, dear. It looks like Sagat is falling out of his shorts. The other Street Fighters will never let him live that down.

Stand up, Blanka! You don't need those things in your face.

RevenantKioku said:
You know, I don't think anyone has thrown an attack at my Ultra. I've had it blocked plenty but never had someone hit me out of it. Hmmm.

Anyone up to get down? Koji-kun on psn.

added you......am waiting

Lyte Edge

Wow, XBL really is screwed up right now. It took forever to find a match I could join, and I started seeing the same gamertags two or three times on screen when I did refreshes.

Found one game against yet-another-of-the-endless-flowchart-ken-horde. This guy was named "BrutalShinigami." I know I shouldn't stereotype based on gamertags, but with a name like that, I expected Ryu or Ken. :lol

BrutalShinigami doesn't do Dragon Punches. I suspect he doesn't know how. Instead, he just jumps over me attempts to hit me from behind, but every time he lands he's wide-open for me to throw him. So I do this. Repeatedly. He also does the occasional jump back and fireball, and of course the classic jumping roundhouse, crouching roundhouse. Aside from a fireball every now and then, I do nothing but throw him. Surprisingly, he had over 900 BP. He's got to be among the top three worst players I've ever played in the month that I've had this game. (The other two being a Dan player who just taunted non-stop and a Sakura player who literally did nothing but dash and walk forward)

So once the match is over, I get the following message:

flowchart scrub said:
cant u do any other moves??!!!!!

And reply with

me said:
can't you learn how to counter and stop doing the same thing over and over again? learn how to play this game, and NO, i'm not going to do other stuff if you fall for the same easy tactic over and over again. learn. to. play.

I blocked him after this; should have left it open.

EDIT: Just fought ANOTHER flowchart, this one being more "by the book" and doing dragon punches over and over again. He even did the PSYCHE OUT TRICK at the select screen by waiting on random until there was one second left. I was SHOCKED!! :O I am so bored fighting these players that I'm having fun messing with them now. I let him beat me the first round and then tried to go for a perfect in the second (he hit me twice, damn!), before obliterating him in the third.

RevenantKioku

EraldoCoil said:
added you......am waiting
I'm stupid.
It's Koji-chan. You added someone else. I have been having people add some other dude.

Top Bottom