• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

viewtiful_dru said:
IMO use your fireballs to zone more (specifically lp fireball) and use standing hp/hk to keep people out. That's what you should be doing when Gouken has (ultra) meter because one throw and its 60% of your health gone.

oh, and no random ultras. only do that if you know for sure that the chip damage is going to kill him.
Goukens Ultra after a throw is so hard to fully hit though .. 85% of the time you will get that shortened version where it will only do about 30% max.

LuCkymoON

Banned
viewtiful_dru said:
IMO use your fireballs to zone more (specifically lp fireball) and use standing hp/hk to keep people out. That's what you should be doing when Gouken has (ultra) meter because one throw and its 60% of your health gone.

oh, and no random ultras. only do that if you know for sure that the chip damage is going to kill him.
Thanks all!
I will start mixing it up more with throwing and work mor eof her pokes and fireballs in to my game.
I still have terrible timing with her ultra.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The last set of unlock-key costumes is out in Japan:

Gen and Fei Long:

3349140177_c1b37a902e_b.jpg

Dhalsim and Blanka:

3349140181_2418073c41_b.jpg

Guile:

3349140183_4c93f681cf_b.jpg

I don't really use any of these characters, but I had to get them all anyway. Safari Blanka does make me want to take him up!

Brannon

Due to people wanting to bitch constantly and scream 'cheap cheap!', I've come to the habit of leaving my mic unplugged until the selection screen, so that no one will know I have one. Because of this I think I may have just off-handedly received the best compliment of the day.

Nasty McFly (Sagat) vs my Rose. It was back and forth, and amidst the usual XBL slurs and insults he calls me a stick-using faggot and claims he's using a 360 pad which is why he's doing so bad.

I have a stick!?

Yeah, that brought a smile to my face as I beat him. Does this officially graduate me from the low ranks to semi-mid tier? Because that would be cool if it did.

(I'd probably lose horribly if I used a stick, btw)

Brannon said:
Due to people wanting to bitch constantly and scream 'cheap cheap!', I've come to the habit of leaving my mic unplugged until the selection screen, so that no one will know I have one. Because of this I think I may have just off-handedly received the best compliment of the day.

Nasty McFly (Sagat) vs my Rose. It was back and forth, and amidst the usual XBL slurs and insults he calls me a stick-using faggot and claims he's using a 360 pad which is why he's doing so bad.

I have a stick!?

Yeah, that brought a smile to my face as I beat him. Does this officially graduate me from the low ranks to semi-mid tier? Because that would be cool if it did.

I like how people assume sticks contain mystical powers that magically improve the skill of it's user.

If you're bad, you stay bad until you practice.

Brannon said:

I have a stick!?

Pretty sure if you plug in your mic during the char select screen or anything.. you can hear a slight static on the other side and hear them plug it in.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Brannon said:
AND WHY IS FEI LONG NOT WEARING A YELLOW JUMPSUIT!? CAPCOM, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME (for the next 5 minutes)!
too obvious. It's still Bruce, only for connoisseurs ;)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I've bought the other three so I know I'm getting this as well. Blanka looks kind of cool, can you pick other colors for his safari kit?

really disappointed with Akuma's alt though

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Brannon said:
Due to people wanting to bitch constantly and scream 'cheap cheap!', I've come to the habit of leaving my mic unplugged until the selection screen, so that no one will know I have one.
Yeah, it's not worth talking to most of the folks you hit. Got one guy the otehr day who bitched that I was turtling with Dhalsim, whined that I was using unsafe moves, told me I was terrible etc.

All while his Ryu kept doing fierce dragon punches from out of range so I'd just walk up and throw him.

Then he got pissed and stalkerish when I wasn't interested in playing him again.

NameGenerated said:
And I thought I was halfway decent at this game....you kicked my ass. Good games.
Yeah gg's. I thought you were going to stick aroudn for a little longer. If you ever want to play again just send me a request as usual.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Goukens Ultra after a throw is so hard to fully hit though .. 85% of the time you will get that shortened version where it will only do about 30% max.

I don't think that's a really good argument, since no matter how hard something seems to be, there will always be players out there that will master it.

Its just like when people were shrugging off roll cancelling in CvS2 as being "too hard". Eventually players mastered it and started using it.

I feel like Gouken's throw -> ultra isnt very hard to hit.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
EraldoCoil said:
how can you guys not see it!?!? the white of the eye is the tooth, then the V scar is like an eyebrow, and the long triangle thing is the nose:lol :lol
actually i see this now :lol

Arde5643

Freshmaker said:
Yeah, it's not worth talking to most of the folks you hit. Got one guy the otehr day who bitched that I was turtling with Dhalsim, whined that I was using unsafe moves, told me I was terrible etc.

All while his Ryu kept doing fierce dragon punches from out of range so I'd just walk up and throw him.

Then he got pissed and stalkerish when I wasn't interested in playing him again.
I only use mic when playing with people from GAF, PA, and SRK.

I never use mic for random online play - too much chance of dicks and whiners.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
gutter_trash said:
I vote for nurfing Akuma's HK,HK so it cannot be linked afterward,
poor Ken

haha, well its not easy to link some of that stuff after the HK so I think its fair.. also they have to be standing, from the right distance etc etc.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Brannon said:
AND WHY IS FEI LONG NOT WEARING A YELLOW JUMPSUIT!? CAPCOM, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME (for the next 5 minutes)!

It looks like it's based on the beginning part of Enter The Dragon. He's also got some claw scars on his chest and face. Han was here. :)

hwateber

EraldoCoil said:
how can you guys not see it!?!? the white of the eye is the tooth, then the V scar is like an eyebrow, and the long triangle thing is the nose:lol :lol
somehow I don't think you're seeing what you're supposed to :lol

CPS2

LuCkymoON said:
Hey all I recorded a ranked session the other day, I'm posting to get some honest criticism from Gaffers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg3JtYt3b9w

Just like viewtiful_dru said, gotta use LP fireball more, especially after you knock them down. The instant stomp is something you'd do if you're really kicking their ass. You seemed a lot better than the other guy so it was fine, but normally you'd want to throw a LP fireball and then mixup between a low hit, overhead, or dash > legs.

EX legs combos were good, but you need to be able to combo to ultra if they're in the corner. That's basically Chun's main objective. 2nd objective would be to bait a fireball and ultra through it. No random ultras!

You're jumping forward way too much. It's not that bad against Gouken, but normally you'd want to jump straight up and hit HK, I don't think I saw this at all. Just need to play safer and turtle more. Overall pretty good though, nice combos and stuff.

A couple of other random things, HCB+K is very safe, you can follow this up with cr.MK>kikkoken without too many hassles. LP (standing or crouching) is +3, it's excellent for setting up throws. The only mega unsafe moves that Chun has is ultra, EX SBK, and upkicks, so make sure that if you use these, they're guaranteed through combos or anti-air (for EX SBK), or used as punishers on their unsafe moves.

OK so I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be seeing in this Gouken pic. I see the same thing I see in Sakura's arm. Am I doing it right!?

keanerie

FindMyFarms said:
OK so I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be seeing in this Gouken pic. I see the same thing I see in Sakura's arm. Am I doing it right!?

you don't need to do anything right

keanerie said:
I don't think it is at all, I seem to land it (or have it landed on me) all the time.
Of course landing it is easy.

But for it to go into cut scene and get 3 large hits then up needs perfect timing. Not saying its impossible but the chances this early or half the people you go against of perfecting that will be a bit rare at least for a little while longer. Its like throw.. wait a split second then ultra.. Most seem to throw and ultra instantly after thus causing a different hit.

Most usually hit the multi hit shoryuken part of it where it looks like it scrapes your opponent up almost like a EX Uppercut.

LuCkymoON

Banned
UC1 said:
Just like viewtiful_dru said, gotta use LP fireball more, especially after you knock them down. The instant stomp is something you'd do if you're really kicking their ass. You seemed a lot better than the other guy so it was fine, but normally you'd want to throw a LP fireball and then mixup between a low hit, overhead, or dash > legs.

EX legs combos were good, but you need to be able to combo to ultra if they're in the corner. That's basically Chun's main objective. 2nd objective would be to bait a fireball and ultra through it. No random ultras!

You're jumping forward way too much. It's not that bad against Gouken, but normally you'd want to jump straight up and hit HK, I don't think I saw this at all. Just need to play safer and turtle more. Overall pretty good though, nice combos and stuff.

A couple of other random things, HCB+K is very safe, you can follow this up with cr.MK>kikkoken without too many hassles. LP (standing or crouching) is +3, it's excellent for setting up throws. The only mega unsafe moves that Chun has is ultra, EX SBK, and upkicks, so make sure that if you use these, they're guaranteed through combos or anti-air (for EX SBK), or used as punishers on their unsafe moves.
Thanks I've never thought about that. :D

how bout we just forget this whole gouken goomba thing and get back to what we're all here for!!!!

Anyone wanna play!?!?

PSN
Addy:Eraldo_coil

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TurtleSnatcher said:
Of course landing it is easy.

But for it to go into cut scene and get 3 large hits then up needs perfect timing. Not saying its impossible but the chances this early or half the people you go against of perfecting that will be a bit rare at least for a little while longer. Its like throw.. wait a split second then ultra.. Most seem to throw and ultra instantly after thus causing a different hit.

Most usually hit the multi hit shoryuken part of it where it looks like it scrapes your opponent up almost like a EX Uppercut.

TBH to hit the full Ultra off the throw is one of the easiest things in SFIV. I think Ive missed it maybe once in all the times ive messed with it.

LakeEarth

haunts said:
TBH to hit the full Ultra off the throw is one of the easiest things in SFIV. I think Ive missed it maybe once in all the times ive messed with it.
It is screw-up-able, but it's not that difficult. Throw, master the art of waiting half a second, ultra!

Arde5643

haunts said:
Hi Haunts, do you know the timing of doing shoryuken -> FADC -> full ultra with Ken?
I've seen it a couple of times in JP videos, so it seems to be a really awesomely powerful tool to have for Ken.

I usually do the ultra a bit too early where it only does the last part of the ultra (the shoryuken part).

haunts said:
I miss it a bunch.. I seem to either always be a hair off too late to get the full one in.. Or a hair off too early and only shave him with the uppercut.

Maybe its just me.. But I also notice a lot of Goukens I face do the exact same thing.. thats why I through up a %

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Arde5643 said:
I only use mic when playing with people from GAF, PA, and SRK.

I never use mic for random online play - too much chance of dicks and whiners.
Yeah. Sometimes I hit someone worth talking to though. Other times... At best he was a douche trying to sandbag to set up a spectacular beatdown the next match. :lol

rager

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
how bout we just forget this whole gouken goomba thing and get back to what we're all here for!!!!

Anyone wanna play!?!?

PSN
Addy:Eraldo_coil

Good game. You have a good Rose. But I will crush her next time. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I think I've peaked at ~1,400-1,600 BP.

My win rate is about 70%. When I win I earn between 20 and 30 points (average of 25).
A loss results in about 100 BP being taken away.

I win 7 in a row (70%), receive 175 points (7 x 25).
Then I lose, resulting in -100 points.
Then I win 2, gain back 50 points (now at 125).
Lose 1, now back to 25 points.

And so on and so on endlessly treading water at my current level. My wins go up but my BP stays the same. I need to breeeeak throouuuugh!

CPS2

Arde5643 said:
Hi Haunts, do you know the timing of doing shoryuken -> FADC -> full ultra with Ken?
I've seen it a couple of times in JP videos, so it seems to be a really awesomely powerful tool to have for Ken.

I usually do the ultra a bit too early where it only does the last part of the ultra (the shoryuken part).

Use HP SRK, FADC after the 2nd hit, then the full ultra connects.

Top Bottom