• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

DenogginizerOS said:
The PS3 HORI Fightstick 3 (the cheap one) is available again for $50. Has anyone had much luck with this stick with SFIV?

I've been using an FS3 for SF4, it's slightly modded but even before I did that it worked fine. Ask some of the people I've played here how much luck I've had with it. :D

Narcosis

DenogginizerOS said:
The PS3 HORI Fightstick 3 (the cheap one) is available again for $50. Has anyone had much luck with this stick with SFIV?

I've been using it on SFIV and VF4, nice stick. Definetly worth a look at $50

[edit]VF5, not 4

MrOctober

Banned
I know I'm preaching to the choir here but for christ's sake install the game if you play online. I don't want to look at a load screen for 10 minutes before we fight.

MrOctober said:
I know I'm preaching to the choir here but for christ's sake install the game if you play online. I don't want to look at a load screen for 10 minutes before we fight.

Then why do it? You should try spreading the word to some non-enthusiasts. Some people don't even know that option is there.

Christopher

I play nasty with E Honda...so many Ryu's'/Ken's fall into my traps. I got my 10 in a row and bounced off of ranked.

ALOT of cheap Zangiefs too, but they helped me :)

Dreavus

akachan ningen said:
I've been using an FS3 for SF4, it's slightly modded but even before I did that it worked fine. Ask some of the people I've played here how much luck I've had with it. :D

That's good to hear! I just ordered one off amazon a few days ago. Although it's supposed to be shipping in 2-4 weeks, so it's a bit of a wait.

Raging Spaniard said:
Man I feel like the more I play the worse I get :lol

I need to step my game up, and stop using Ryu. Cammy FTW!

Why would you wanna stop using Ryu? He's a good character, and you got his fundamentals down.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
FindMyFarms said:
Why would you wanna stop using Ryu? He's a good character, and you got his fundamentals down.

I dunno, I feel like I'm stuck with him (cant break to the next level) and am missing out on other gameplay possibilities.

Its probably me wanting to look for an excuse for struggling though.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
akachan ningen said:
He kicked my ass with that stick, and I also have that stick.
So.
Something?

qcf x2

Ugh, I just don't get this game. Ah well, only my first night playing against other people. Viper has serious issues against, umm, everyone not named Viper. And lucky me, I faced mostly Sagat, Blanka and Akuma. Maybe it's my fault for continuing to use her, but every time an opponent jumps into a (seemingly) well timed Ultra, she utterly whiffs. And don't get me started on her shit excuse for a super. Homegirl has zero priority on the ground, a suspect anti-air move and little fireball/uppercut trap resistance.

Ah well, I finished the night with a 6 game win streak with my other main, Rose. Guess CV is on the shelf for now. If anyone wants some games, USVI STAR is my handle.

NYR

Kccitystar said:
Jesus do these people go online wirelessly or something? everybody has no bars and when I search for stability I get NO results
No bars or blinking? Because blinking means wild card in that you could get anything. And considering the ps3 is wifi compatible out of the box, I would be shocked if less then 80% of people were not using wifi.

CPS2

qcf x2 said:
Ugh, I just don't get this game. Ah well, only my first night playing against other people. Viper has serious issues against, umm, everyone not named Viper. And lucky me, I faced mostly Sagat, Blanka and Akuma. Maybe it's my fault for continuing to use her, but every time an opponent jumps into a (seemingly) well timed Ultra, she utterly whiffs. And don't get me started on her shit excuse for a super. Homegirl has zero priority on the ground, a suspect anti-air move and little fireball/uppercut trap resistance.

Ah well, I finished the night with a 6 game win streak with my other main, Rose. Guess CV is on the shelf for now. If anyone wants some games, USVI STAR is my handle.

dood Viper is top tier. Combo the ultra, don't use it against jump-ins.

Raging Spaniard said:
I dunno, I feel like I'm stuck with him (cant break to the next level) and am missing out on other gameplay possibilities.

Its probably me wanting to look for an excuse for struggling though.

Then tonight! You and me, Ryu vs. Ryu! We shall train!!!!!

PSN : BananaFriends

Kccitystar said:
Jesus do these people go online wirelessly or something? everybody has no bars and when I search for stability I get NO results

sometimes a get a rush hour of people with shitty connections, trying to play me. i dont know what the cause is but its usually an exception.

qcf x2

As I don't have the timing down yet (still feels Tekken-ish to me), The only combo I think I can remember with her and the Ultra that's actually usable would be jump + HK, and jumping is so dangerous that it's stupid. I'm sure there's a few more (I did her challenge), but I'm so spoiled from 3rd Strike hit boxes that her timing feels insanely anal.

Finished Gouken's trial. His fourth trial is crazy...

On Seth's fifth hard trial...pretty insane timing...

Have to go back and complete Chunners and Abel.

Stream is great as always.

FindMyFarms said:
Dude that's ridiculous. That Seth guy was just straight beasting for a while there.
Yes that dude beasted last night.. fucking sick

EDIT: They are calling people in 2000's scrubs and anyone below 4000 scrubs :(

I feel sad.

Magnus

NYR said:
No bars or blinking? Because blinking means wild card in that you could get anything. And considering the ps3 is wifi compatible out of the box, I would be shocked if less then 80% of people were not using wifi.

You mean 'were using wifi'? I'm confused :p

That Fuerte was pretty good. He baited well. Didn't do any SRF's which is surprising. He used the wall well and conservatively.. He could have used it more probably.

FindMyFarms said:
I think compared to those guys we're all scrubs :(

eh, think of it as tiers, they would definitely be S tier, while a majority of us would be A or B tier with some C's. not bad, but not the best either.

EraldoCoil said:
eh, think of it as tiers, they would definitely be S tier, while a majority of us would be A or B tier with some C's. not bad, but not the best either.

Hey dude I saw your invite, but my friends are actually playing on the ps3 right now, my bad!!

GG's to FindMyFarms

jesus i never realized how such a horrible match up Abel is for my Rose. you just completely shut her down, i was freaking out, it's like my morale was so low i didn't know what to do anymore lol.......

MIMIC

Banned
Got a few games in, due to a RRoD reprieve. Can't remember who I just played, but he had a really good El Fuerte. I've never played an El Fuerte with an actual strategy (then again, I've only played 1). Mixing up the Tostada move with the twisty move really threw me off guard. With the Tostada move, I didn't know whether to block high or whether it counted as a cross up. I was kinda feeling my way through.

Whoever that was that sent me a game invite, sorry I forgot to look at it. But my RRoD is back anyway :lol

Good games DoubleTap! Lots of close games that went either way. Hope you didn't mind me maining Chun Li, she's all I really know in SF4 so far =P

Good times =)

Anyways, I just received my PS3 Chun Li FightPad from Best Buy today...not bad, surprisingly works quite well. Still having some time trying to adjust from my sticks though, my fingers cramp up pretty quickly...

Arde5643

MIMIC said:
Got a few games in, due to a RRoD reprieve. Can't remember who I just played, but he had a really good El Fuerte. I've never played an El Fuerte with an actual strategy (then again, I've only played 1). Mixing up the Tostada move with the twisty move really threw me off guard. With the Tostada move, I didn't know whether to block high or whether it counted as a cross up. I was kinda feeling my way through.

Whoever that was that sent me a game invite, sorry I forgot to look at it. But my RRoD is back anyway :lol
Might've been me - did I also use Honda or Vega in between?

Arde5643

MIMIC said:
Yeah, that was you :)
Oh cool, were you the Guile player?

If so, respect for such a good Guile, man! :D

Had some really good games tonight - played a really tough Guile (who kept sonic booming my ass to oblivion) and also a really good Blanka (Pain Parlor).

And thanks to whoever that tough Guile player is: :D

Strat against Guile as Fuerte:
Don't chase him at all - let him come to you. A good Guile can use his Sonic Boom as an effective shield that will frustrate you if you try to chase him.

Wall jump is key in this match - don't be predictable with wall-jump (don't keep holding jump back), try to change the rhythm of your jump to throw him off guard.
If Guile doesn't want to chase after you and instead waits with a flash kick charge - bait his flash kick charge by landing real short.

Once you have him knocked down, as long as he doesn't have EX - splash/fajita buster/tortilla propeller/slide all works great. If he has EX or ultra - bait it out with run cancels.

Rinse and repeat.

EraldoCoil said:
GG's to FindMyFarms

jesus i never realized how such a horrible match up Abel is for my Rose. you just completely shut her down, i was freaking out, it's like my morale was so low i didn't know what to do anymore lol.......

GG's dude! Just wondering, did you learn those keep away tactics from Machida? LOL j/k j/k

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wow Abel is HARD to use. I keep taking him against my buddy for our 'lets play someone we can't use' matches and I really want to like him, can't make a thing connect though :/

Arde5643

catfish said:
wow Abel is HARD to use. I keep taking him against my buddy for our 'lets play someone we can't use' matches and I really want to like him, can't make a thing connect though :/
Learn his rolls and tornado throws - each version has its pros and cons.

example:
Tornado throws will beat any throw attempt as well as slower moves - including Zangief's SPD - but can be hit out of with jabs.
EX Tornado throw on the other hand will beat any hit attempt, but can get thrown out of with regular throws and special throws(Zangief's SPD).

Sometimes an Abel player will use regular throws instead of tornado throws in order to beat someone jabbing at them (regular throw is 3 frames and most jabs are 3-4 frames)

Each roll also has different ranges and recovery time.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
EraldoCoil said:
GG's to FindMyFarms

I find that one of the most difficult matches Rose can face. I generally just spaz the fuck out when facing an Abel because I have no idea what to do :(

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Someone explain Honda's abs please.

I really don't like the AI in this game. Seems little better that SF2's even. What it essentially boils down to is in 50% of all cases do the perfect response to what the player has just input before it's even visible. Otherwise do some random stuff. Vary percentage with stage progression.

Dizzy-4U

Kinda off-topic: I'm planning on buying the Strret Fighter comics along with some Udon artbooks. Is there a good place that ships international? Amazon no longer ship to my country, so I don't know where to look.

I got lucky and stumbled across a USED SF4 360 fightpad last night at Gamestop ($20!!!!) damn is this a different game when you can actually control it!

Wow.Love it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Well, my plans for the night were cancelled. Anyone wanna pay? koji-chan on psn

MoxManiac

elostyle said:
Someone explain Honda's abs please.

I really don't like the AI in this game. Seems little better that SF2's even. What it essentially boils down to is in 50% of all cases do the perfect response to what the player has just input before it's even visible. Otherwise do some random stuff. Vary percentage with stage progression.

Sumo wrestlers are typically as muscular as they are fat.

Top Bottom