• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Last time we put this together it turned out to be a lot of fun and got a lot of positive feedback, so 1UP.com had me round up some more top players for a live Street Fighter 4 stream tomorrow at 6PM PST!

This will be a mix of top California Street Fighter 4 players battling it out, talking strats and talking shit. Who knows what else will happen with a bit of alcohol in the mix!

Click here for the live stream page.

Details form 1UP.com:

1up.com said:
1UP's having a throwdown. We've invited six top Street Fighter 4 players from NorCal and SoCal to come into the office this Friday (3/12/09) for a SF4 FightCast/ShoutCast/BattleCast. In other words, we're broadcasting a live stream with some of the best players to battle in SF4, share their match and characters strategies, and chat about the fighting game scene. (And talk a little smack to each other.) Plus, we'll go online in search of the ubiquitous flowchart Ken, and get someone so angry that they'll ragequit the match.

Details

When: 6 p.m. PST, 3/13/09, Friday.
Where: Watch the video player in this post.

The Players

* Alex: A_Rival
* Andry: MAGUS1234
* Anthony: Crackfiend
* Long: LPN
* David: UltraDavid
* Neidel: Haunts

You, too, can join the fun. Since we're streaming the segment live, you can talk to us by posting a message in the throwdown thread. Got something to say? Wanna call us out? Here's your chance to speak up! Just in case you miss the live stream, you can watch a recorded version on GameVideos next week Monday.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Loving me some dhalsim lately... :lol

n6002406_41671977_3875983.jpg

Good games Ploid, we could have went 50/50 with the Vega vs Blanka matchup. Blanka is Vega's worst nightmare in this game. I kinda feel bad when I do player matches and all I pick is Vega. I feel overwhelmed trying to learn more than one character and I still feel like I havnt even come close to mastering Vega.

Xevren

KoruptData said:
Good games Ploid, we could have went 50/50 with the Vega vs Blanka matchup. Blanka is Vega's worst nightmare in this game. I kinda feel bad when I do player matches and all I pick is Vega. I feel overwhelmed trying to learn more than one character and I still feel like I havnt even come close to mastering Vega.

God Blanka is a fucking nightmare as Vega, so damn true. I feel completely helpless against a good Blanka on Vega.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
TurtleSnatcher said:
Of course landing it is easy.

But for it to go into cut scene and get 3 large hits then up needs perfect timing. Not saying its impossible but the chances this early or half the people you go against of perfecting that will be a bit rare at least for a little while longer. Its like throw.. wait a split second then ultra.. Most seem to throw and ultra instantly after thus causing a different hit.

Most usually hit the multi hit shoryuken part of it where it looks like it scrapes your opponent up almost like a EX Uppercut.

It definitely takes a while to get it to always connect with the three hit cutscene. Practicing in training didn't really help me; it's completely different trying to land it in a heated match. I'd say I've got it to about 95% of the time now. I used to miss it completely when I started maining Gouken, haven't done in a while though.

Also to make it a bit easier you can jump in with a mp, then connect the Ultra right as you land. (Also looks a little cooler, IMO :D ) See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox5DFVpu_0g

Also the first combo in that video does solid damage, plus it's pretty intimidating. I usually try to start off a round with it.

If anyone wants to add me, PSN: Armonix

haunts said:
Last time we put this together it turned out to be a lot of fun and got a lot of positive feedback, so 1UP.com had me round up some more top players for a live Street Fighter 4 stream tomorrow at 6PM PST!

This will be a mix of top California Street Fighter 4 players battling it out, talking strats and talking shit. Who knows what else will happen with a bit of alcohol in the mix!

Details form 1UP.com:
beware, GAF fashion police are on patrol

Guled

haunts said:

Details form 1UP.com:
thanks, really enjoyed the last one. If you are willing to take requests could you give Cammy some air time

haunts

Bacon of Hope
UC1 said:
Use HP SRK, FADC after the 2nd hit, then the full ultra connects.

This isnt tottaly true.. In most cases when you do it this way you will just get the Shinryuken and not the full ultra.. Im not even sure what the circumstances are for the full ultra to hit.. I think it may be off of a counter hit but who knows.. may be character specific..

CPS2

haunts said:
This isnt tottaly true.. In most cases when you do it this way you will just get the Shinryuken and not the full ultra.. Im not even sure what the circumstances are for the full ultra to hit.. I think it may be off of a counter hit but who knows.. may be character specific..

It does have to be off a counter hit :D

Forgot to mention that.

Hey guys, since my ps3 is bye bye, I'll be playing under my friends

PSN : BananaFriends

I'll add a couple of the peeps that just posted their tag on this page (add me too lol!)

Ermac said:
It definitely takes a while to get it to always connect with the three hit cutscene. Practicing in training didn't really help me; it's completely different trying to land it in a heated match. I'd say I've got it to about 95% of the time now. I used to miss it completely when I started maining Gouken, haven't done in a while though.

Also to make it a bit easier you can jump in with a mp, then connect the Ultra right as you land. (Also looks a little cooler, IMO :D ) See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox5DFVpu_0g

Also the first combo in that video does solid damage, plus it's pretty intimidating. I usually try to start off a round with it.

If anyone wants to add me, PSN: Armonix

I would do the jumping mp, haven't tried it myself but I bet it messes up the damage scaling.

Won

Wow. Some Kens are just amazing. Just played one guy, who pressed down-forward all the time, always ready for the shoryuken. They never learn it seems. :lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Some guy just beat me as Ryu. After every hit he taunted me. One time I caught him, mid taunt, and got a decent combo out of it. That was good.

I need more practice. lol Ken scrub lol.

I am going to get good at this game if only to kick this guy's fucking ass.

Capcom must be making a shitload off the alts. I run into so many players who use them. Hell since Tuesday I think I've only run into one or two boxers who didn't have the robe.

It's a shame Dhalsim's is so damn lame.

Is there any significance to the big bows Honda, Akuma and Gouken wear?

Spiderjericho said:
- Rebalance the characters (lessen the damage on Sagat's moves, change the priority or properties on Zangief, give Rose a decent wakeup, Seth needs to give more damage and change the priority or properties of his moves, Vega needs to stop losing his mask and claw...and maybe tweak his off the wall back drop...it seems difficult to do in 3D...you get what I'm saying)
Man, I don't think they should change a thing for Seth. I really hate him. Such an awful design.

I'm totally down with nerfing Sagat and Zangief though! I am pretty sure most of the Giefs I've run into lately have been counterpicks. Either that or the Kens who used to do the character select fakeout have started switching to Gief. Fuuuuck Gief. To think I ever liked him!

drohne said:
AHHHH IM LOSING ALL MY PRECIOUS PRECIOUS BP TRYING TO LEARN NEW CHARACTERS AND EVERYONE IN PLAYER MATCHES IS HORRIBLE AND I DONT EVEN WANT TO SHOW OTHER GAFERS MY PATHETIC FLOWCHART RYU OR MY I-DONT-EVEN-KNOW-THE-FLOWCHART ABEL
Player with strangers is sooo bad. I either get dudes who are actually good but only play one character (usually Akuma!) or completely obnoxious fuckholes (like the Zangief I ran into last night who just spammed lariat non-stop. And I lost to him 3 times! It was very sad. But then I beat him with Dan by spamming fireballs. That was made me feel better.) And I'm also too ashamed to play with people from here.

My Abel is so pathetic. Like, while playing as him I tend to hold forward as I'm getting hit. "Once this barrage stops I'll command throw this asshole!" This of course never works. I can never combo into change of direction. On the rare occasion I do land his c.HP I always accidentally cancel into his anti-air grab before the second hit lands and knocks the opponent into the air. I only use the HK roll, which makes me totally predictable. And when I try to sweep I always go for c.MK, which I think hits mid. I'm so hopeless. I wanna get decent with him but it just ain't happening.

Cowie

Vdragoon said:
Cammy and Chun Li experts, how do you do the Cannon strike so low to the ground and Chun Li's head stomp?

I'm no expert, but I remember finding that you can do an instant EX cannon strike by , instead of a quarter circle back, starting from back and ending at up-back and then hitting 2 or 3 kick buttons.

I'm without my 360, but I'm willing to guess that you can do a quarter circle back, and from there hit up-forward and then a kick. the timing is a bit weird, you wait until like.. the last possible second for it to accept the button press to hit it, to make sure you're in the air.

Vdragoon said:
Cammy and Chun Li experts, how do you do the Cannon strike so low to the ground and Chun Li's head stomp?
On SRK they're calling it the TK Cannon Strike, since it uses the old tiger knee/hooligan motion.
TK Cannon Strike - d, db, b, uf + k
EX TK Cannon strike - d, db, b, ub + kicks

EX is pretty simple to do. Regular is trickier.

Stalfos

Rummy Bunnz said:
On SRK they're calling it the TK Cannon Strike, since it uses the old tiger knee/hooligan motion.
TK Cannon Strike - d, db, b, uf + k
EX TK Cannon strike - d, db, b, ub + kicks

EX is pretty simple to do. Regular is trickier.
Wow, so you can do the qcb before jumping and you'll get the cannon strike to come out? I'll need to play around with this.

Freaking trial mode...

I'm stuck at the medium, lightning kick, medium kick super combo for Chun Li, the Heavy Punch, low kick, low kick, sho for Sakura and the low jab, 100 hand, roundhouse for Honda. I made it through Zangief and Dan...and have hit a carpel tunnel brick wall.

I didn't realize that stream wasn't until tomorrow. I've been refreshing it for the last hour...doh.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Spiderjericho said:
Freaking trial mode...

I'm stuck at the medium, lightning kick, medium kick super combo for Chun Li, the Heavy Punch, low kick, low kick, sho for Sakura and the low jab, 100 hand, roundhouse for Honda. I made it through Zangief and Dan...and have hit a carpel tunnel brick wall.

I didn't realize that stream wasn't until tomorrow. I've been refreshing it for the last hour...doh.

Remember that in Trial Mode, you can add in any moves you want to, just as long as everything combos.

So for Honda's hard trial, do j.fp (start hitting fierce button to start up the HHS), land and do c.lp into HHS, and then link to s.hk

BitchTits

I had my first drawgame tonight, my Gen vs Bison. I was hoping there would be a medal or title or something for it :-/

On that note, I have so few icons (9%-ish)and I don't seem to get medals any more either. I have about 70-80% of the titles. I miss getting them after matches.

Oichi said:
Remember that in Trial Mode, you can add in any moves you want to, just as long as everything combos.

So for Honda's hard trial, do j.fp (start hitting fierce button to start up the HHS), land and do c.lp into HHS, and then link to s.hk

Got it to work. Working on Chun Li right now...seriously...my finger wasn't meant to be so quick and elastic...

So far...Eight down...18 to go...gah...the worst is Abel's #4...

f0nz0

ugh been stinkin it up lately, went from 1555bp to 403bp over the course of 2 days! i just feel i gotta work so much for the damage to be dealt by her, but also i dont wanna give up on her..

any other people who mainin sakura wanna share some tips

2291 BP

That is my new high... I have been really improving with El Fuerte..

My last game was against a 2500 blanka named "Electr1c1ty" or something..

He started spamming that shit and I was propellering him and he got owned..

Felt great!

Chorazin

I'm not the kind of guy who screams CHEAP at certain moves, but goddamn do I hate fighting Zangief with that fucking lariat.

Although, it is nice to see some variation in ranked though, now it's Ken Ken Ken Zangeif Zangief Ken!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
played 2 hours of ranked last night..not one ken. TONS of blanka though. sagat and ryu rounded out the rest. a killer chunli too, with her dlc costume. very nice.

Wow... so I just decided to put in some time with Ryu, giving Guile and Ken a short rest and he makes the game seem completely different. Actually having easy combo setups that look really cool (outside of a couple with Ken) adds a whole new layer of fun :D Now I wanna set up some more stuff with him.

Chun will have to wait -- plus, my little play time with her is screwing with my timing for Guile :lol. I tried doing lightning legs and hazanshu with Guile, heh.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Man I feel like the more I play the worse I get :lol

I need to step my game up, and stop using Ryu. Cammy FTW!

Top Bottom