• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I can't connect to PSN with SF4 for the moment, someone else having the problem?

DoubleTap

GamePnoy74 said:
Good games DoubleTap! Lots of close games that went either way. Hope you didn't mind me maining Chun Li, she's all I really know in SF4 so far =P

Good times =)

Anyways, I just received my PS3 Chun Li FightPad from Best Buy today...not bad, surprisingly works quite well. Still having some time trying to adjust from my sticks though, my fingers cramp up pretty quickly...

I had great time! I was wondering if you'd ever change your char :lol

Chun is in good hands man. Good form.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Holy shit, you can do Sakura's light Hurricane Kick over Fei Long's Ultra.
Okay, that's probably not news to anyone, but it made me giggle.

Taking a break from Rose and seeing my BP climbing steadily. Huh.

ShinAmano

Anyone have any hints for charge characters trials? I cant seem to get past their 3rd or 4th normal trial...usually after a charge move into a charge super...example

Chun Li

jump h.p h.p
m.p
<-c -> p
<-c -> <- -> k

also any ideas on how to link Goukens h.k into super...that trial seems so easy but is so hard.

Edit: I so wish for two things in an update lobbies for player matches and demonstration of the trials.

Dizzy-4U

ShinAmano said:
Anyone have any hints for charge characters trials? I cant seem to get past their 3rd or 4th normal trial...usually after a charge move into a charge super...example

Chun Li

jump h.p h.p
m.p
<-c -> p
<-C -> <- -> k

Remove that and you'll do it.

BitchTits

ShinAmano said:
Chun Li

jump h.p h.p
m.p
<-c -> p <- -> k
Just to explain what those above have said. Imagine you are only doing the input for the super, but add the P in on the first ->, no need for 2 charges.

ShinAmano

BitchTits said:
Just to explain what those above have said. Imagine you are only doing the input for the super, but add the P in on the first ->, no need for 2 charges.
Really? ...that should make it a ton easier...I will give it a try this weekend.

Is anyone up for some friendly matches , im not a great player but trying to be better, if you would like to give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it! PSN: MiniBloembak
I mainly play with Akuma

from Europe btw

HiResDes

akachan ningen said:
Then why do it? You should try spreading the word to some non-enthusiasts. Some people don't even know that option is there.
Yeah sure I'll try to install the game on my 20GB hard drive, that I only have 2 gbs left on, so you don't have to wait an extra ten seconds...Sure

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
HiResDes said:
Yeah sure I'll try to install the game on my 20GB hard drive, that I only have 2 gbs left on, so you don't have to wait an extra ten seconds...Sure
It's 20 damn gigabytes! How can you have that little left. It's like people filling up the Wii's space. Madness.

HiResDes

RevenantKioku said:
Holy shit, you can do Sakura's light Hurricane Kick over Fei Long's Ultra.
Okay, that's probably not news to anyone, but it made me giggle.

Taking a break from Rose and seeing my BP climbing steadily. Huh.
Yeah tell me about it, I lost to a Ken in ranked after I tried to hit his hurricane kick with my ultra, and we both only had a sliver of life left...It really pissed me off. BTW, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling with Rose at times, now that I seem to be getting players with similar BP skill levels. Rose just feels really week, I wish the soul throw took even more damage, or at least buff up the ex one, as it seems to almost do the same as the regular.

RevenantKioku

Rose is just really fun to play because it's a whole different mindset. But if I whiff a move with Sakura, she's still punching or kicking something. With Rose, if I whiff I am getting it right in the face.
I mean, I'm still operating on the level of "not pulling off moves when I want to" level of play so I don't have much of worth to comment, but still.

FindMyFarms said:
GG's dude! Just wondering, did you learn those keep away tactics from Machida? LOL j/k j/k

Lmfao, maybe ; ) your rushdown game is sick, your probably one of the first persons to ever rush me like that. your abel is so sick man, keep it up. Now i gotta come up with a strategy to beat that now though :D

jdub03

RevenantKioku said:
It's 20 damn gigabytes! How can you have that little left. It's like people filling up the Wii's space. Madness.

if you had your 360 since launch(like me) you have lots of saves 6 or 7 profiles for the people who play on it, some themes, lots of DLC, lots of Arcade games, some music, and SFIV installed. That right there takes up a lot of space. 20gb is not a lot of space.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Tain said:
They must have, like, eight demos that they really like.

Speaking of demos, I think Capcom should have put out a demo. I think a lot of people are just turned off by a lot Street Fighter misconceptions (e.g. all players are pros, you need a special controller, game doesn't hold up to other 3D fighters, etc.). Buying SFIV wasn't even a thought for me. Then I played it.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
RevenantKioku said:
5GB an install adds up quickly. Especially if you've gotten Live arcade DL's or bought an old Xbox legacy game etc, stuff that costs that you don't actually want to delete.

BitchTits

Freshmaker said:
5GB an install adds up quickly. Especially if you've gotten Live arcade DL's or bought an old Xbox legacy game etc, stuff that costs that you don't actually want to delete.
It's true. I can only fit one install on at a time, and I don't keep demos on the HD.

Some of the DLC is big, think about Oblivion and Fallout 3.

MGrant

RevenantKioku said:

It's actually only 13 GB. Microsoft uses almost half of the drive's volume for its own software. So that's like, 2 installed games and a handful of demos before it's time to clean out the fridge.

RevenantKioku said:
You underestimate the size of some of these game's patches and dlc content adding up, plus you only get 13gig max due to 7 being used by the console.

The patch for Paradise is like 700meg.

Considering how relatively cost-effective it is to upgrade the PS3's hard drive compared to the 360 people should be installing SF4 on PS3 out of courtesy if they're playing others online...I'm starting to send messages to people on PSN after matches about it to help spread the word and let people know what's up. I heard SF4 installed on the 360 doesn't make much of a difference though so it's not that big of a deal on there.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
RevenantKioku said:
I only have 1.5gigs left and I haven't even installed any games on it.

DoubleTap said:
I had great time! I was wondering if you'd ever change your char :lol

Chun is in good hands man. Good form.
I can't handle your Blanka though...actually my Chun Li is pretty bad playing against Blanka in general :lol

I'll try to mix up characters next time we play =)

RevenantKioku said:

Lots of rockband tracks, some ripped music for WWE Smackdown characters, saves, etc.

It's a 20GB drive, but only 13 is usable.

dankir

I got my 120GB from Microsoft Retail expert zone for $24.00 Canadian!!!! I just installed an assload worth of games last night. SFIV loads up much quicker :)

MNC

What's with all the HDD talk. :p

I just played against my 14 year old sis', she is practically on par/above par with her Cammy :lol Amazing. Then again I'm nowhere near close to "good". But I was still amazed :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
2DMention said:
I haven't played this at all in the past week or so. Have been feeling too sick or am too uninterested in it.
I stopped playing for a week and now I'm afraid I've fallen so far behind the curve (more so than before), that I'm too intimidated to play online.

I'm going to try playing tonight but I'll probably bail once the losses start pooring in. :(

I lost to a bunch of Sagats earlier, and I dropped back to 1500bp. I just don't know how I should as Chun li against them; should be aggressive, or should be defensive? Being defensive doesn't sound like a good idea as he could probably just tiger spam the hell out of me. Getting close is also scary as one hit from him is absolutely devastating.

helps ;(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TurtleSnatcher said:
What?

Chun Li's ultra I thought went full screen..

It does. Ive lost so many matches to my friend Chun Li cause I try to hit him with a meaty tiger shot on wake up ALL the way across the screen when he has no life. He will wake up Ultra and I LOSEEE.

Pop On Arrival said:
I lost to a bunch of Sagats earlier, and I dropped back to 1500bp. I just don't know how I should as Chun li against them; should be aggressive, or should be defensive? Being defensive doesn't sound like a good idea as he could probably just tiger spam the hell out of me. Getting close is also scary as one hit from him is absolutely devastating.

helps ;(
Chun-Li is the master of poking...make poking annoying for them Sagats, poke everywhere =) Whenever they whiff that tiger uppercut counter with c.HP -> cancel -> MK SBK when they land...with that connecting with so many hits the player might be mentally stunned that you might be able to throw in some EX legs for good measure (unless they counter with another tiger uppercut right after...therefore do that combo when they whiff it again =)

Yeah, ultra when they fireball, works wonders (goes through EX fireballs too!). Take a gamble...if you know the spammer is in a zoning position to fireball, do her ultra...it'll look like you read their mind when it connects =)

Stantron

Pop On Arrival said:
most of them know enough to be a full screen apart of me before the start spamming tigers. Going for an ultra then would just be a waste.
Sometimes, if you are the max distance apart, I've noticed that the Ultra won't connect (though other times it has, so I probably don't have this figured out completely). Regardless, a good way to inch your way forward while keeping your charge is to block the fireball, then press crouching HP (keep charging), this will make Chun move a small distance forward. Then, when the next fireball is thrown, you should be just close enough to connect with the Ultra. If you want to be safe, do another c.HP to move even closer.

Standing from mid range, if you can anticipate a fireball, qcb+HK is a good move to mix it up with.

CPS2

Stantron said:
Sometimes, if you are the max distance apart, I've noticed that the Ultra won't connect (though other times it has, so I probably don't have this figured out completely).

It depends on how late you do the ultra. You can connect it from full screen, but it has to be a fairly short time after they do a tiger shot.

I've found a decent way to get in close is kikkoken, walk forward and MP, then cr. HK. She can out-poke Sagat, and even punish LK tiger knees with close MP, kikkoken.

Standing from mid range, if you can anticipate a fireball, qcb+HK is a good move to mix it up with.

Should be HCB+K. Totally safe on block too, great for getting past low tiger shots with little risk.

Some unlockables are way too hard to get. Is it possible to play the arcade mode in easy and unlock things ? Or is it at least possible to start with a character and then finish the game with another one to get all the playable characters ?
Thanks

Aeris130

Chû Totoro said:
Some unlockables are way too hard to get. Is it possible to play the arcade mode in easy and unlock things ? Or is it at least possible to start with a character and then finish the game with another one to get all the playable characters ?
Thanks

Don't play on easy. Pick "easiest". You won't lose a match with a single character, even against seth, just spam lv3 FA or something.

Also, the AI can't handle Giefs lariat, so use that to get yourself up to lv 16 in Survival (again, you'll never lose a match).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
UC1 said:
I've found a decent way to get in close is kikkoken, walk forward and MP, then cr. HK. She can out-poke Sagat, and even punish LK tiger knees with close MP, kikkoken.

This is true. It's a real frustrating fight for me when she is out of range of Tiger Knees but can easily walk in quickly for a quick poke. heh.

Aeris130 said:
Don't play on easy. Pick "easiest". You won't lose a match with a single character, even against seth, just spam lv3 FA or something.

Also, the AI can't handle Giefs lariat, so use that to get yourself up to lv 16 in Survival (again, you'll never lose a match).
Thanks. I'll use it to get all characters. That's all I want. The rest will come after... by playing normally :p

Top Bottom