• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

slayn

needs to show more effort.
RevenantKioku said:
Haha, yeah that's her Alt Alt, really.
Again with the jumping comments. Hm. Really trying to jump less but I'm not sure how else to advance into someone. Or maybe the keep away is a game to play?
Still working on it, but thanks for the games!
Its hard to give advice on advancement/zoning because that is more determined by who you are fighting. You'd be amazed how often "walk forward" will work. I guess people feel uncomfortable with that because they are getting near their opponent without attacking or defending and they feel vulnerable, but really you are much safer walking forward than jumping if your opponent is just sitting there.

All these things are available to you, and you should use all of them:
walk forward
dash forward
jump forward
focus attack dash forward
not sure how safe her light hurricane kick thing is one miss/block but that might also be an option.

also learn what her longest pokes are both standing and crouching, and learn to attack when they are just barely in range.

edit:
Jumping still has its uses, and pretty much everyone is jump happy when learning a street fighter game. It is a hard habbit to break. Probably the best thing to do would be to challenge yourself to go 10 matches without ever jumping for any reason ever, just to get used to the feel of approaching on the ground.

LakeEarth said:
Good games with MicVlad. I envy that Dhalsim, and your Dan is crazy :lol. I'm happy my Gouken could actually do some damage, I was eventually reading some of your teleports and slide -> throws, but you still kicked my ass many times. I especially enjoyed our games of "just try to get close to me" games with my Zangief
Pfft! His Dan ain't shit!

RevenantKioku said:
Back to 0 BP. Oh well, fresh start, eh?

I dont know the intricacies of sakuras fireball but try throwing a LP one and using that as a shield to take a few dashes to cover large distances. Her focus attack also seemed to cover alot of ground.

The-Switcher said:
First time posting in this thread, but if anyone would like to add me on Live:

TheSw1tcher

I main Abel, Fuerte, Sagat, Fei Long.

No fucking Ken.

Pst but you main Saget, thats even worse than flowchart Ken.

LOL I remember telling myself last week that if I was stuck on a island and the only way out was to pull off a DP-->FADC-->Ultra with Ryu, I'd be stuck there forever. But after practicing for a hour and a half today I actually pulled it, and I did it more then once. Granted I probably managed to do it 28 times in 234 tries, so chances are I will never execute this in a actual match but it's cool as hell to know that if I made 10 attempts, I may pull it off once or twice :D

y2dvd said:
Yeah I qualified with C. Viper
Ahh we actually may have saw eachother.

When I saw your e-mail on the final lists we got I was like "Uhh GAF?" haha

Since the HQ is so close I was in Plano watching over the tourney to make sure it went well.

I live nearby there ...

I may fly out to SF to help work the event.. have to check my calendar though.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Haha! I have figured out the Sakura Mirror Match! I think.

CerberusE

Neo Member
I might as well make some use of this gaf membership and get some matches with you guys.

My gamertag on Live is "Cerberus E" and I'm currently maining Balrog and Blanka, and making a bit of effort with Rose, but not much.

Usually I play for an hour or so every night, so add me for some matches. I'm hovering around the 1000 bp range, so if you're around there add me. I don't mind people who play Ken, I find the matchup interesting if it's not the same move after another.

Also, what's the trick on getting Balrog's headbutt to link into an ultra. I've seen that move done in a bunch of videos, but never been able to pull it off properly. I can get the first hit of the Ultra, but then the other player moves up or down a tiny bit and the rest misses. I thought I was supposed to start the ultra when the other guy is at around head level, but even then I get 1 hit max. Is it just a very small window I need to take advantage of?

Haeleos

I've had to glue my fight pad back together twice in 2 weeks... Me and this game don't get along sometimes. Maybe I shouldn't have started out with Gen...

Jirotrom

firs time ive been annoyed playing this game. I use balrog... and I played a ken player he kept crossing up on me with LK and if I tried doing the head butt he could jab me out of it. Is there any anti-air for cross ups using balrog?

Arde5643

To whoever I invited and then I didn't show up (i'm mailArde in XBL)- sorry, I had to pull myself away for a while for a pretty important call.

Sorry, didn't mean to snub you guys after inviting.

Jirotrom

there is definitely friggen input lag online... really friggen annoying now, because I'm having the hardest time being precise or even pulling off balrogs ultra online :(

sca2511

just played some online, attacked some guy who kept whiffing his moves by throwing him over and over, i ended up losing in the end though. He PMs me saying "throwing strategy failed LOL" " thx for the pts". I keep playing online, then i see his name again, so i play him again. threw him once and beat him thoroughly doing other stuff and I pm back saying "ty for the points". I love street fighter

Jirotrom said:
firs time ive been annoyed playing this game. I use balrog... and I played a ken player he kept crossing up on me with LK and if I tried doing the head butt he could jab me out of it. Is there any anti-air for cross ups using balrog?

If you do the headbutt, wait until he goes over your head to do it, you'll hit him clean out of the air. Keep in mind that a lot of low pokes BEAT the headbutt, so if you can make that read, simply block the poke then use your cr. lp. It's the best in the game and either gives you a hit confirm to headbutt, or an opportunity to reset zoning, or go in for the throw.

Man I ran into a really good player tonight just on quick matches.. Sophiachan or Sopiachan.. or Sofiachan.. Not sure if anyone has run into them.

I kept getting raped. I did manage to win like 2 out of 9 matches but ugh.. what a beatdown. He has an amazing Fei Long. My 2 wins came when he chose an Akuma and Gief which he played well as well.

I stuck to Fuerte all the games but one.. I chose Vega on that one.

He just kept crossing me up and I had no answer.. I also came close a few times but never crossed up my final splash and he'd get me with a super on wakeup .. Ugh.

I'm proud of my Fuerte though.. he's pretty decent at least.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ahh we actually may have saw eachother.

When I saw your e-mail on the final lists we got I was like "Uhh GAF?" haha

Since the HQ is so close I was in Plano watching over the tourney to make sure it went well.

I live nearby there ...

I may fly out to SF to help work the event.. have to check my calendar though.

Where do you stay? I live in Richardson (UTDallas), we should get some casuals going some time!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Im in Far N. Dallas near you.

Frankford/GBush.

Like Carrolton? I got a buddy that stays out there. Also used to bartend at Carson's Live (off frankford and Tollway)

When we're both back in town we'll definitely have to play a few local games!

dfyb

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Im in Far N. Dallas near you.

Frankford/GBush.
FindMyFarms said:
Like Carrolton? I got a buddy that stays out there. Also used to bartend at Carson's Live (off frankford and Tollway)

either of you ever go to buktooth's for games? his place is in plano and hosts every friday. good local competition there. they got ranbats going on now you can enter.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=118738

FindMyFarms said:

Yep sounds good. (EDIT: Its not Carrolton where I live.. I'd never live in Carrolton) :lol

I will be at GDC this coming week so I won't be around until after. Leaving Sunday and back on Friday night.

dfyb said:
either of you ever go to buktooth's for games?

No.. I don't know... I would feel old around them yet I'm only 25 .. but I act like a 35 year old. Comes with the Marketing Job I guess.. :lol

dfyb said:
either of you ever go to buktooth's for games? his place is in plano and hosts every friday. good local competition there. they got ranbats going on now you can enter.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=118738

Actually yeah, I was just there last Friday. I placed 17th in the RanBats along with like 7 other people lol. Maybe I'll do better next time! Awesome place, cool people.

And don't feel old snatcher, Street Fighter's an ageless hobby! You might feel awkward if you don't know anyone at Buktooth's, but if I'm there I'll make sure that doesn't happen.

dfyb, you go to UTD?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Monster of a dropper last night... my first good match with a solid connection, best of 5. It went right down to the wire, then I managed to dominate in the last round with about 3/4 health left.

My ultra didn't quite finish him off, but by the time his character had gotten to his feet... connection lost.

I sent him a message saying "ridiculous", which could be interpreted multiple ways, but he chose to immediately get defensive, telling me to take my "PC (?) out into the garden for a better connection". :lol Dreadful.

Anyhoo, I did have some fun and will continue to do so! My PSN ID is the same as my tag here. My mains are Abel, Gouken and El Fuerte. Let me know you're from GAF so I know whom to embrace! Cheers!

Durandal

Banned
Anyone else in Germany or Europe in general having difficulties finding fights online? Even at supposed prime time between 8-10 pm i usually find only english players with 1-2 bars. That is ranked and player matches. since release weekend the game seems to have died down significantly already.

No45

Durandal said:
Anyone else in Germany or Europe in general having difficulties finding fights online? Even at supposed prime time between 8-10 pm i usually find only english players with 1-2 bars. That is ranked and player matches. since release weekend the game seems to have died down significantly already.
I tend to host all matches now and have my preference set to stability, rarely wait more than ten seconds for a challenge. I play between 22:00 and 00:00 though, GMT.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Oichi said:
Jump up or guard. The wakeup game against Zangief is really a 50/50 guessing game. Either he's going to jump over you and then do SPD if you guard or do any kind of wakeup move, or he's going to do lariat/banishing fist if you try to jump.

DO NOT JUMP AWAY, Japan-based SRKers (including myself) found out very quickly that if you try to jump diagonally in this situation, the SPD will still hit you, but if you jump vertically, the throw attempt will whiff.

This is liquid gold, thank you :lol

The days of my friend dominating with 'gief are -over-.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Durandal said:

haven't played in a week or so, but I just do arcade mode with interrupt and can barely get through a fight. Lag is not usually noticeable for me in Holland.

Durandal

Banned
No45 said:
I tend to host all matches now and have my preference set to stability, rarely wait more than ten seconds for a challenge. I play between 22:00 and 00:00 though, GMT.

Is that ranked or player, and if ranked how much bp do you got?

Yasser

Brobzoid said:
damn, does he talk like that at tournaments and not get his shit kicked in? I would have raged if that dude was talking shit like that in person to me.
i don't think he was trash talking over xbl, just his own commentary as he recorded what he thought would be a walkover

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Yasser said:
i don't think he was trash talking over xbl, just his own commentary as he recorded what he thought would be a walkover
he doesn't seem to be talking to the other player in his videos, but still, if that's his personality... :\

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Teknopathetic said:
GGs, dfyb. As much as I want to say El Fuerte needs more damage or more health, once he gets that knockdown it's fucking brutal as is. He probably does need it, though.
I think that El Fuerte is bottom tier because he has low health and low strenght.
Its a odd way of balance : Low health , Low Strength ,and very few combo posilibilities to 'Not PRO' people like me T_T

Dizzy-4U

Teknopathetic said:
"Phatsaqs owning the shit out of Darksydephil (former EvoEast champ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13P_...aynext_from=QL
"

I did an ultra to show him mercy! What a tool.
Show 'em Saqs. Show 'em how bottom tier Rose really is :lol .

Just finished watching the 1up fightcast. It was pretty damn funny and was very nice too see many character's playstyle. Magus's Viper is great, the combo he makes in that comeback is amazing.

Also, that unexpected ragequit was hilarious. Are there going to be any others fightcasts in the future?

Durandal said:

for some reason, people had difficulties connecting to me yesterday around that time in ranked (4000-5500 range). i stopped after an hour and went to do player matches without any troubles.

Top Bottom