• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

No_Style

Darksydephil videos are always entertaining. Especially when he loses. :lol

My favorite was when he lost to a Guile in SSF2T:HDR via an air throw.

rocK`

Banned
Saqs is a very good player, but I still can't view Rose as a threat. I usually take him on games until he shifted his game to a more turtle-styled game against my Rufus.

The turtle style doesn't really bug me, its just not the style i wanted to play against when I played against Saqs, I enjoy the fact that we rush each other down and just mind f--- each other.

Oh well!

But yeah, as Rufus, Rose isn't that big of a deal, I just need to shift into the akuma/run away character mind set.

Vormund

Lyte Edge said:
It's sad seeing a supposedly-awesome "top ranked EVO player" whining like that. Especially when he called Phatsaqs horrible AFTER Saqs owned the shit out of him.

That video makes me want to use Rose really bad now. :lol

yeah he just whinges when things don't go his way....He doesn't even realize how moronic/ironic it is saying how bad some is when they just owned you.:lol I love his little mental episodes though. :lol

No doubt they are both great players. But yeah I love watching high end play and trying to learn some tips. :D

No_Style said:
Darksydephil videos are always entertaining. Especially when he loses. :lol

My favorite was when he lost to a Guile in SSF2T:HDR via an air throw.

I find his stuff entertaining as well. Most of the time he doesn't give credit where credit is due. But then again, I guess that's what some people like about him. And although I'll admit I'm not a fan of that kind of attitude, I've gotten use to it.

Rice-Eater said:
I find his stuff entertaining as well. Most of the time he doesn't give credit where credit is due. But then again, I guess that's what some people like about him. And although I'll admit I'm not a fan of that kind of attitude, I've gotten use to it.

He's a fuckin dipshit. I can't see how anyone can stomach that attitude, let alone like him for it.

Brobzoid said:
he doesn't seem to be talking to the other player in his videos, but still, if that's his personality... :\

Yeah, he doesn't wear a headset. I played him last month and he didn't say anything.

He never uploaded our match, I was looking forward to his tears :(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Why is it I almost never seem to gravitate towards top tier chars in games? I try not to bottom feed, but it just happens that I always end up picking the worst character or near it to main. Frustrating as hell.

y2dvd

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ahh we actually may have saw eachother.

When I saw your e-mail on the final lists we got I was like "Uhh GAF?" haha

Since the HQ is so close I was in Plano watching over the tourney to make sure it went well.

I live nearby there ...

I may fly out to SF to help work the event.. have to check my calendar though.

Yeah, we may have seen each other. I was the only player to use C.Viper there. I actually thought the tournament ran well, especially compared to what I went through the two previous Rounds. I just didn't like the fact that they were teasing us by making us play on pads while there's an arcade cab and a station with sticks right next to us lol.

No45

Durandal said:
Is that ranked or player, and if ranked how much bp do you got?
Ranked only as a rule. I'm a little over 2000BP at the moment, using Boxer exclusively (Still feeling my way with him at the moment, charge characters are new to me!) although I don't play every night (Been playing lots of KZ2 recently).

No_Style

akachan ningen said:
He's a fuckin dipshit. I can't see how anyone can stomach that attitude, let alone like him for it.

I'm not a fan of him per se, but I do find his little rants and videos worthy of a chuckle or two. They're also informative for less than stellar players like myself.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Timedog said:
any zangief that has ever beaten me jumps back and forth over me when i'm on the ground and makes my wakeup move go in the wrong direction because of the stupid as fuck autoredirect that that they decided to implement for no fucking reason. What should I do against this bullshit?

This kept happening to me yesterday against a Zangief. It was really annoying, and very unfun.

MoxManiac

Gotta watch that video when I get home. DSP is such a douche. I mean, he's a good player (I think he won a ST tournament at evo at some point) but he's such a sore loser. Some of his commentary is funny, but he really needs to get over himself.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
DSP loves to complain (I feel that he plays it up for his fans), but he does give credit where it's due. Check his videos versus a Rufus player in the same set of videos. He gets beaten three times by the same person and he congratulates him all 3 times.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
My TE stick shipped from Amazon!!!!!!! I had given up all hope of getting it. I'll probably play with it tomorrow and then mail it to my brother since I won't be playing any more SF4 until the summer.

I am getting much, much better with Blanka.
To test that, I pitted my Blanka against Slayn's Blanka again...every match was awesome, and I even won once. I still feel like I am overaggressive and walk into things I shouldn't fall for. I also don't do many combos - strictly hit, run and counter.

How do people learn to calm down when playing? Any techniques to improve that/improve execution?

Also, are there any other Blanka players on PSN in this thread? My PSN ID = captmcblack. I want to learn from you!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
SnowWolf said:
DSP loves to complain (I feel that he plays it up for his fans), but he does give credit where it's due. Check his videos versus a Rufus player in the same set of videos. He gets beaten three times by the same person and he congratulates him all 3 times.

There are fans of acting like a whiny manbaby?

Really?

Dizzy-4U

FINALLY!!!!!!!! My Ps3 copy arrived today. After like 100 hours of agony with the 360 d-pad I will be in heaven now. Kinda blows that I have to unlock everything again (and buy the costumes again), but whatever.

Fersis, prepare your little ass :D

rager

Banned
captmcblack said:
I am getting much, much better with Blanka.
To test that, I pitted my Blanka against Slayn's Blanka again...every match was awesome, and I even won once. I still feel like I am overaggressive and walk into things I shouldn't fall for. I also don't do many combos - strictly hit, run and counter.

How do people learn to calm down when playing? Any techniques to improve that/improve execution?

Also, are there any other Blanka players on PSN in this thread? My PSN ID = captmcblack. I want to learn from you!

I play blanka, my PSN is Beowolf. My blanka style is mixed. I calm down by realizing its just a game, have fun and always be willing to learn from your losses and wins.

rager

Banned
arstal said:
That's the SRK mentality.

I hate that mentality. I remember back in the SF2 days, you have jerks around my way that would actually start real fights over shit like that. Its not worth it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
One of my buds got me the official prima game guide. Man it's pretty sweet, has a lot of nice artwork too. what's interesting is that it lists tiers for the characters...blanka and ryu are A tier....Sagat is the only S =/

MoxManiac

McBradders said:
To whine incessantly? I thought that was scrub behaviour?

Am I missing something here? :/

Naw it's not, the SRK mentality is a competitive one, and most SRKers will accept the outcome of matches without a problem. DSP is just a whiny bitch.

Ploid 3.0

MoxManiac said:
Gotta watch that video when I get home. DSP is such a douche. I mean, he's a good player (I think he won a ST tournament at evo at some point) but he's such a sore loser. Some of his commentary is funny, but he really needs to get over himself.

Found out he has a RE5 play through. His commentary is very entertaining lol.

I don't mind DSP.. I find his videos entertaining and he has posted some combo tutorial videos to help viewers. He does whine and makes excuses on some things but at the same time his videos are pretty good to watch to learn some decent moves on what to do in certain situations.

He has a pretty good Blanka.

Good Job Saqs!

I'm pretty sure I can beat him with my Fuerte.. he absolutely hates Fuerte.. His friend was thrashing him with his.

FindMyFarms said:
Actually yeah, I was just there last Friday. I placed 17th in the RanBats along with like 7 other people lol. Maybe I'll do better next time! Awesome place, cool people.

And don't feel old snatcher, Street Fighter's an ageless hobby! You might feel awkward if you don't know anyone at Buktooth's, but if I'm there I'll make sure that doesn't happen.

dfyb, you go to UTD?

FindMyFarms lets meet up in a couple of weeks after I get back from GDC. I'm a bit excited to see some guys nearby to play some local SF4!

BitchTits said:
"I wanna play this guy again he's horrible! 6000 points and he's that bad" LMAO! :lol

i know what a loser lol, hes so bad he whooped his ass huh? :lol

nice saqs, im surprised he didnt rage quit from the way he was talking the whole time:lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Andronicus said:
i know what a loser lol, hes so bad he whooped his ass huh? :lol

nice saqs, im surprised he didnt rage quit from the way he was talking the whole time:lol
Your Ryu Vs My El Fuerte... Best of 10. Tonight... you know where to find me :mad:
:D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Kara Tiger Knee

Lk and MK tiger knee are safe on block if you only hit with the second hit. Kara let's you always be in range to do that. If you're too far to get a 2nd hit with the lk, but too close for the mk, you can kara lk tiger knee and get a safe hit. This lets you keep your poke strings going.

Also if your opponent is expecting a tiger shot after a standing lk or cr. mk, you can throw in the tiger knee to counter/armor break. Pretty much tiger knee + kara tiger knee = you can constantly pressure.

Forgot to mention : you can kara Tiger Knee w/ forward + lk, and forward + fk for even more range options.

Sorry for the late response...but..

Kara Knee is more about positioning...other tricky stuff rather than actually trying to land the knee itself for me. Ive found some pretty ridiculous cross up set ups using both versions of the Kara Knee.. O_O

Ive found if you are trying to hit with the Kara Knee, the start up is kind of slow on the f+LK so you can get his with random shit if you're not careful.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dizzy-4U said:
Can I join?:D
Of course,i didnt know that you got the PS3 version.
The net quality should be good between us.

Kara moves are things I've literally never been able to do; I understand the logic behind them, but never exactly how to input them.

Exactly how fast must the input that moves you forward be entered in order to perform the Kara move (see: kara throws in 3S/SFIV, kara Tiger Knee above)?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I want to move up to a stick are they still impossible to get?

I'd prefer the official ones, ps3 is ok I think I'm going to buy it for that system as well.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
captmcblack said:
Kara moves are things I've literally never been able to do; I understand the logic behind them, but never exactly how to input them.

Exactly how fast must the input that moves you forward be entered in order to perform the Kara move (see: kara throws in 3S/SFIV, kara Tiger Knee above)?

Kara Tiger Knee is super easy. you just press forward + LK then do fireball and kick and it will come out. Kara throws, Kara Karakusa and other Kara moves are a bit harder but Kara Knee is simple.

Dizzy-4U

Fersis said:
Of course,i didnt know that you got the PS3 version.
The net quality should be good between us.
Yeah, got the game today. Tonight I'll be unlocking all the characters again, but tomorrow I'm free for some fights. I fought some argentos in xbox live and was smooth as hell. Hopefully this will be the same.

Fersis

Dizzy-4U said:
Yeah, got the game today. Tonight I'll be unlocking all the characters again, but tomorrow I'm free for some fights. I fought some argentos in xbox live and was smooth as hell. Hopefully this will be the same.
Im a PS only guy.
PSX,PS2 and PS3 (And im probably getting a PSP someday)

toneroni

haunts said:
Kara Tiger Knee is super easy. you just press forward + LK then do fireball and kick and it will come out. Kara throws, Kara Karakusa and other Kara moves are a bit harder but Kara Knee is simple.
yeah i tried it out last night. Thanks for the tips Haunts. Kara tiger knee is pretty easy. Kara throwing with ken aint that bad either but I find myself holding the pad a little differently when i do it. No stick yet :( Haven't figured out the kara tiger shot but will give it some more time today.
oooh..crossups with the tiger...interesting!

I really hate how some moves are dumbed down and come off by accident though.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
MoxManiac said:
Naw it's not, the SRK mentality is a competitive one, and most SRKers will accept the outcome of matches without a problem. DSP is just a whiny bitch.

You're confusing top tourney players with average SRK'ers. There is a difference. Even locally, you can tell the difference between the people with winning and losing mentalities.

Unfortunately, my skill level outside of SNK stuff is closer to the average SRK'er.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
There are some very sore losers out there. I was playing 3S on GGPO last night and kept on getting called a "running pussy" by some idiot who was losing to my uber scrub Ken. The night before I played ST and lost over 20 times in a row to this guy and we were both cordial after we got done playing.

Top Bottom