• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
This happens to me way too much:

*opponent start ultra animation when i'm in a vulnerable position*

"fuck, i'm toast!"

*sets controller down and waits*

"OH FUCK I COULD HAVE BLOCKED THAT!!!!!"

Ploid 3.0

Timedog said:
This happens to me way too much:

*opponent start ultra animation when i'm in a vulnerable position*

"fuck, i'm toast!"

*sets controller down and waits*

"OH FUCK I COULD HAVE BLOCKED THAT!!!!!"

Sometimes I start a ultra and think I have no chance of connecting, then I just let it go (Blanka can stop it at the floor to wait on the opponent to fall back down). I missed a few opportunities to get a ultra because of that.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
PSGames said:
From my experience his counters are no different than a Focus attack accept they send you flying. So what's the problem? You can do a Ultra after a focus attack so not sure how Gouken is 'broken' because of this.

I don't think he's broken at all actually. But having the option of doing Ultras off a counter and a FA? Just a little overkill there. And countering some Ultras/Supers but not all and somehow getting his counter broken by armor-breaking attacks but not said Ultras/Supers is just pure inconsistency on Capcom's part.

And has anyone been using his air-parry?

Jason

dammit.

Was it common knowledge that if you hit select during the trials it shows the motions for moves? I wasted some much time going back and forth from the start menu. :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jason said:
dammit.

Was it common knowledge that if you hit select during the trials it shows the motions for moves? I wasted some much time going back and forth from the start menu. :lol
Hell no! Why was there nothing to show that? Shit, that's amazingly useful to know.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
RevenantKioku said:
Hell no! Why was there nothing to show that? Shit, that's amazingly useful to know.

I'm pretty sure there's a prompt in the mode that tells you that when you start the challenge. It's how I did it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Relix said:
Bottom of the screen :lol
Wut?
This is an outrage! How dare my eyes not see this shit.

Edit: Wait, I totally misread that.
I thought it was said there was a way to see what you were inputting. I don't know why I read it as that.
But that's what I want. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So apparently I've lost my SFIV gamedisc. I took it out to make 100% sure that gunvalkyrie wasn't backwards compatible, and put it......somewhere. I'm was like 90% sure that I put it in my game cd case, but nope. I tore my room apart looking for it, and it's nowhere to be found. It must seriously be in the weirdest spot even imaginable. I've looked everywhere. I feel insane.

Zapages

What a roller coaster of a day... I went down to 700BP and then I just got back in the past hour or so and I got back up to 1374 BP. YAYAY :)

EDIT: 1400+ YAYAY!!! :)

CPS2

bob_arctor said:
See, I forget to use it consistently. Do you purposely jump into peeps in order to bait an attack and then parry it? On air to air--does a parry just re-set you?

I just use it to try and bait a DP, then throw into ultra or HP>palm>etc. He doesn't have many ways to get in close...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Timedog said:
So apparently I've lost my SFIV gamedisc. I took it out to make 100% sure that gunvalkyrie wasn't backwards compatible, and put it......somewhere. I'm was like 90% sure that I put it in my game cd case, but nope. I tore my room apart looking for it, and it's nowhere to be found. It must seriously be in the weirdest spot even imaginable. I've looked everywhere. I feel insane.

Check your 360 again!

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Yesterday I had a bad day, but today I had a better day

I met my first 5000+ opponent, he had Guile, I had Bison, he rinse and repeated allot and it cost him for being too "AI"ish.

Confidence with Honda against hard match ups have been improving, I have been getting adaptive to the spammy Zangiefs and playing more with safety and less flash to win

rise888

Arde5643 said:
Any Gaffers wanna get frustrated by Fuerte? Hook me up in XBL - the tag's mailarde.

ggs just now. your fuerte is definitely frustrating. only my dhalsim stood any chance. i had no idea what to do against the wake up mix-ups

FindMyFarms: We should definitely Street Fight when I'm there. Maybe I can head to Buktooth's for games too. My mom and brother live in Arlington where I'll be staying. I don't know how far that is from everything.
Yes I drink. =D.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
bob_arctor said:
Check your 360 again!
checked it. thrice.

I feel like one of those people who's been hypnotized to forget something simple, like what a shoe is. Maybe it's actually in my game case, but I just can't "see" it. I think the only option is that I took it upstairs for god knows what reason. Maybe it's sitting in the refrigerator or something. It's a possibility. One time when I was younger I threw a dollar bill in the garbage because my mind was elsewhere.

UGH !!

I'm having withdrawals already.. and its only been 8 hours.

I knew I should have brought my 360 to GDC. Could have hooked it up to the freaking TV in the hotel.

I need someone to hide my copy of this game. Exams are coming up and I won't be studying as much as I should probably.

Coming up soon on 5K. I think that's when I'll call it a day for ranked until the championship.

MIMIC

Banned
Things I learned today:

Rose can ShamWow Blanka out of his Ultra :lol (I still kicked her ass tho) and Zangief can SPD Blanka out of his ball AND his retreating hop. Wasn't so lucky with Red Cyclone :(

kiryogi

Banned
So a curious note. Exactly what is the input lag difference for lag? I'm still working on getting Chun Li's dash into ultra. I finally thought I got it today, but that's all still offline. It's still a giant pain to pull off online. Though I've noticed that I don't exactly dash as instanteous online with the input either. Sigh.

MIMIC

Banned
CurseoftheGods said:
Dear people who disconnect:

Please at least have the decency of disconnecting right after the match is over. You can still have your BP as the game only saves after the winning pose. This way I can get my hard earned BP, and you can still have what remains of your self-esteem and bruised ego as pathetic as that may sound.

Signed,
CurseoftheGods [PS3] 2600 BP (who should have been ~3K around a week ago)

That actually works :lol I wonder if Capcom plans to address all these issues with BP and disconnectors.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Well... I keep getting to about 2k Battlepoints with Gouken, then getting my ass worked and knocked back down to 200-500 BP.

Anyone have any Gouken tips?=P I know about some of the obvious ones, throw into ultra, EX Senkugoshoa>dash>Tatsumaki Gorasen. And god do I love Kongoshin.=P

I don't know what im doing wrong. I feel like im not really using his normals as much as I should, but I'm not having much luck with anything other than Jabs and his Standing roundhouse....He seems to have good controll with his fireballs and the threat from Senkugoshoha if people try and rush in, but I'm just not seeing any useful combos or anything I can punish a flowchart Ken with.

Any good gouken players around with some tips? Help me feel like less of a scrub please!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wow, ranked battle is fun. me and the house mate doing it when we get bored of fighting each other, it's great finding people that suck as much as you, quite regularly as well.

The way everyone talks on this board it kind of seems like everyone is going to be unstoppable, quite nice to beat the snot out of some people every now and again.

I'm loving blanka online, seems like people aren't sure how to face him a lot of the time.

I do get a bit brain frozen using him against someone that spams fireballs though.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
catfish said:
wow, ranked battle is fun. me and the house mate doing it when we get bored of fighting each other, it's great finding people that suck as much as you, quite regularly as well.

The way everyone talks on this board it kind of seems like everyone is going to be unstoppable, quite nice to beat the snot out of some people every now and again.

I'm loving blanka online, seems like people aren't sure how to face him a lot of the time.

I do get a bit brain frozen using him against someone that spams fireballs though.

Get meter, EX roll through the fireballs.

MIMIC

Banned
FINALLY got the monkey off my back and beat Abel with Blanka online. :D This time I put pressure on HIM and kept using the cross-up MK and other crap. I also remembered NOT intentionally whiff the rainbow roll against an Abel with a full Ultra meter. That's just asking for trouble.

I also beat a Vega that had nearly 5k BP 0_o. I know he was pissed cuz the match went down to the wire in the final round. He came at me with that straight flying claw off the wall move and I started my Ultra.

He donated 116 BP to me :)

catfish said:

Someone already mentioned the EX ball (since it goes through all projectiles). You can also use Blanka's DF+HP move. It goes under all projectiles and knocks your opponent down.

ShinAmano

So this weekend my Girlfriend held a bachelorette party at my place and all the girls slept over. In the morning my buddy came to pick up his wife and brought their twins with him. The twins are 9 years old and found my TV room, and after convincing them not to try and transform my masterpiece transformers they asked about videogames.

Anyhow I looked at my collection for something friendly for them to play...Street Fighter was the only game I could think of.

So I got to see two first timers play SF4 and it was awesome. The first game was Rose vs Ryu with Rose taking it.

My buddy came in and we starting betting on who would win...one of the boys loved Rose and started to be able to pull special moves in the first game...after a few games both of them were hitting special moves but it was just awesome to see them enjoy the game so much...they asked if they could come over and play again :D

I wish I could have recorded the matches for posterity.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I got 4th in an 80 man tournament this weekend.. X_x

The bracket was fucked up tho so I probably should have been higher.. -_-

haunts said:
I got 4th in an 80 man tournament this weekend.. X_x

The bracket was fucked up tho so I probably should have been higher.. -_-
sorry to hear about the brackets, but congrats regardless

did you use Sagat?

Top Bottom