• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

drmcclin said:
after a quick "nat type ps3" google search, I can confirm it is indeed TYPE 2 you're looking for. You can either forward the required ports for your PS3 from your router's settings, or just enable UPnP (much easier) if your router supports it (my 6 year old router does).

To check which TYPE you're currently getting you have to go to the "network settings" page on the PS3.

Thanks. I was busy googling street fighter 4 router settings.:lol

Threi

notag
ah back home again :)

I've pretty much completely stopped using shotos, and Street Fighter feels completely fresh because of it. How I missed the awesomeness of Dictator before I'll never know...

anyways my rotation right now is exclusively Dictator and Abel. Im thinking of adding Honda and Boxer in there, as those are the only other characters i can get lucky wins with. :lol

jdub03

MIMIC said:
Some of these achievements are gonna be a bitch to get :lol

-Title Master: Collect all Titles (aka beat ALL trials)
-Icon Master: Collect all Icons (aka beat ALL trials)
-Challenger Expert: Clear all Challenges in Challenge Mode
-The Gold Standard: Earn gold medals in all challenges @_@

I like to have all of the achievements for all of my 360 games.....but this is gonna be one huge ass commitment

You don't get all the titles and icons from beating trials. You get most of them though. The rest of them are based on the medals you get after each online fight(ranked or un ranked). Also the very last icon(street fighter.com logo) you get from unlocking all the movies in the gallery.

Edit: Also you only have to complete survival and time attack with gold medals to get the gold standard achievement.

MNC

I just found out L1/L2 control HP/MP/LP||HK/MK/LK instead of just high attacks....

Ultra's are alot easier now...

._.

Beardz

I was looking at my stats, I was shocked, I have 41 wins in a row! I couln't believe it! :D

I broke my personal record ( 40 wins in a row, tekken 2 arcade )

Shadow780

_dementia said:
:( my condolences
what brand/model was it?

PS-Big-Small.jpg

been with me since 2000, I shall remember you MAS stick :((

Any good bat top sticks out there?

Shadow780 said:
http://www.massystems.com/PS-Big-Small.jpg

been with me since 2000, I shall remember you MAS stick :((

Any good bat top sticks out there?
If you want an purely American stick (ie Happ) you're going to have to build or buy a custom. Hell you could salvage your MAS stick by gutting and rewiring one of your console controllers inside.
If you're just looking for bat top alone check out the Sanwa LB-30N + adapter that screws onto most Japanese sticks. These days Japanese sticks seem to be much more common.

Shadow780

_dementia said:
If you want an purely American stick (ie Happ) you're going to have to build or buy a custom. Hell you could salvage your MAS stick by gutting and rewiring one of your console controllers inside.
If you're just looking for bat top alone check out the Sanwa LB-30N + adapter that screws onto most Japanese sticks. These days Japanese sticks seem to be much more common.

I can't stand ball tops and square gates, and I don't have a clue about how to replace sticks so...

Any sites with good craftsmanship you can recommend?

bradido

Shadow780 said:
I can't stand ball tops and square gates, and I don't have a clue about how to replace sticks so...

Any sites with good craftsmanship you can recommend?

slagcoin.com has all the info you need. You could wire up a controller to your existing stick pretty easily. If you just need to replace a part happcontrols.com has the parts you want.

It will be much cheaper than getting a whole new stick. And you won't have to get used to a new one either :)

MIMIC

Banned
You don't get all the titles and icons from beating trials. You get most of them though. The rest of them are based on the medals you get after each online fight(ranked or un ranked).

Do you (or does anybody) know the specifics of what unlocks the ones that you get online? I rarely get my titles through online matches anymore so I'm hoping that I have all of the online ones....or that I'm really close.

Also, is anyone still trudging through the trials? So far I've completed (Normal & Hard) Guile, Ryu, Blanka & E. Honda. After all of the link combos that I had to do, E. Honda's last trial (jumping HK > LK > LK > LK > LK > headbutt) wasn't all that hard.

Shadow780

bradido said:
slagcoin.com has all the info you need. You could wire up a controller to your existing stick pretty easily. If you just need to replace a part happcontrols.com has the parts you want.

It will be much cheaper than getting a whole new stick. And you won't have to get used to a new one either :)

Thanks I'll check it out.

TP

MIMIC said:
Do you (or does anybody) know the specifics of what unlocks the ones that you get online? I rarely get my titles through online matches anymore so I'm hoping that I have all of the online ones....or that I'm really close.

Also, is anyone still trudging through the trials? So far I've completed (Normal & Hard) Guile, Ryu, Blanka & E. Honda. After all of the link combos that I had to do, E. Honda's last trial (jumping HK > LK > LK > LK > LK > headbutt) wasn't all that hard.

Titles ans Icons are here
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126711

And yeah im still working on Hard trials, some days I have what it takes some days I cant get past the third step

I've completed all Normal and Dhalsim, Guile, Bison Hard
I'm working on Zangief's last Hard trial, damn low kick is killing me

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I dont know how yall do those trials on hard. I'm getting too old for that, my hands and fingers start hurting. I thought I was getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

Ferrio

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Thanks I'll check it out.

Had to go through the same thing with My Masstick too (bought it around same time you did). Replaced the switches in the stick, and the buttons. Worked good as new.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
i think Ono is doing s keynote at GDC right now.

Kintaro said:
Any news on when the patch as of late? I've had to step away from the game for more work.

Working on it, pretty much done, will be released along side the PC version AFAIK.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:
i think Ono is doing s keynote at GDC right now.

Working on it, pretty much done, will be released along side the PC version AFAIK.

PC version was June IIRC. Not bad. I wonder what improvements will be made to the PC version.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Ok, I feel like a scrub now, but I've been playing a turtle Akuma quite a bit today, just zoning with stun fireballs and air fireballs, and some nice poke combos when people do get close and staying safe with ports. Really having a blast with it.

Out of curiosity anyone got some tips on landing Akumas super/ultra? Focus Attack Is working alright, but waiting to land a focus attack to put it out isn't what I want.:D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Shinjitsu said:
Ok, I feel like a scrub now, but I've been playing a turtle Akuma quite a bit today, just zoning with stun fireballs and air fireballs, and some nice poke combos when people do get close and staying safe with ports. Really having a blast with it.

Out of curiosity anyone got some tips on landing Akumas super/ultra? Focus Attack Is working alright, but waiting to land a focus attack to put it out isn't what I want.:D

I beat this good vega the other day with pure luck. I did an ex shoryuken and knocked his ass down, I did the ultra and got him as he was getting up

Akuma's ultra looks so awesome.

Mileena

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
I beat this good vega the other day with pure luck. I did an ex shoryuken and knocked his ass down, I did the ultra and got him as he was getting up

Akuma's ultra looks so awesome.
If he wasn't terrible he would have jumped over it lol.

The only time I've ever been hit with a Raging Demon is when a VERY good Akuma player times it right on jump ins.
edit: oh and from a kara demon.

Top Bottom