• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ken Masters said:
I thought Capcom was going to release a bundle with all the costumes

That would be nice. I've stayed away from the multiple costume packs (except for downloading the brawler pack with PS3CE). I can't justify the $20 they're asking for...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_dementia said:
I'd like to get better. Wanna play?

Can't right now, but if you want to play later on, do add my XBL GT (if you do use Xbox): Lord Relix. Also, I find that players in Player Matches are sometimes much better than those in ranked. I wanna learn Viper but I suck with stick movements =P

SnowWolf said:
NorCal has nothing on SoCal. If the guys on 1up's SF4 game nights are among the best in NorCal, well...

Can't wait to see the carnage laid in the wake of Evo. East Coast riding on J. Wong's back. Maybe some of the hard core Nor Cal players didn't attend the 1up and Keystone light events (like John Choi). Young Legend looked impressive last week on the Keystone Light stream.

Won

Wow. A Zangief player sent me a message after our fight with a question about Fuertes grab. Thats a first. Normally they would just disconnect.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Won said:
Wow. A Zangief player sent me a message after our fight with a question about Fuertes grab. Thats a first. Normally they would just disconnect.

Yah, it always surprises me when I get a msg after a fight that isn't some kind of racial slur or calling me cheep:D

Spiderjericho said:
That would be nice. I've stayed away from the multiple costume packs (except for downloading the brawler pack with PS3CE). I can't justify the $20 they're asking for...

that's also what I have, I was hoping for some type of bundle savings

Jason

I just got the snot beat out of me by someone named htown8580 (9450 BP 0_0). Dude was playing some nasty mind games with me. :lol

After fiddling around with different players, I think I've found my third: Cammy mothaf*cking WHITE. She's a powerhouse, not a lot of stamina though. Still, very fun to play and a damage dealer. I think that rounds me out well with Guile for defense, Cammy for offense and Ken in between. I need to level her and Ken up to my Guile's level. Hit confirming ultra's are so helpful to have.

That video of Ed Ma's Ken shows me how much there is for me to still learn with him. Any really good Cammy videos out there?

Jason said:
I just got the snot beat out of me by someone named htown8580 (9450 BP 0_0). Dude was playing some nasty mind games with me. :lol

XBL or PSN?

Picked up the game today after having not played for about a week-and-a-half, and got my @$$ beat down worse than usual. Then I tried to finish off some of the Level 4 and 5 challenges in Normal Trial and couldn't do those, either. So bummed.

Killa Sasa said:
After fiddling around with different players, I think I've found my third: Cammy mothaf*cking WHITE. She's a powerhouse, not a lot of stamina though. Still, very fun to play and a damage dealer. I think that rounds me out well with Guile for defense, Cammy for offense and Ken in between. I need to level her and Ken up to my Guile's level. Hit confirming ultra's are so helpful to have.

That video of Ed Ma's Ken shows me how much there is for me to still learn with him.

Gootecks has a great interview with Ed about his Ken:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Secrets-I-Ken/dp/B001QF0PM6

I thought it was great even without being a Ken player.

Cammy pisses me off because of the space she gets after blocking her special moves. She is tough to punish.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
To those that have added me... I need to remind you guys that my sister plays with my account quite often (that avatar is hers) so its not always me playing. If it says Lord Relix is playing SFIV then that's definitely me, if it says GOW2 it's her... aand if its any of the COD games it could be either.

I should really get her a Gold subscription :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn GAF and its 500 errors...

Anyways, that Sakura costume is unlocked if you unlocked all ten colors AND bought her costume pack...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Skilotonn said:
Damn GAF and its 500 errors...

Anyways, that Sakura costume is unlocked if you unlocked all ten colors AND bought her costume pack...

Not true. I haven't bothered to unlock all colors and that choice was there.

Also... any news on the patch =(. Me wantz lobbies!!!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Relix said:
Not true. I haven't bothered to unlock all colors and that choice was there.

Also... any news on the patch =(. Me wantz lobbies!!!!

Oh? I thought some people here on GAF that bought the costume couldn't find it?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
$9 for a fucking interview? Who the fuck would pay that for an interview done by people that just play video games.

Shinjitsu said:
Can we keep this shit off this thread?

Really don't need the NorCal SoCal fight here imo.

let's all get along:lol

Street Fighter is all about competition. It's not anything serious. I wasn't trying to incite any intercoastal war...just commenting on the caliber of players in the southern region. Choi is obviously from North Cal and one of the best SF players since the mid 90s. And without Haunts...this thread or movement wouldn't be what it is on GAF (an obviously video game news and debate centered forum)...nor would we have the awesome site iplaywinner.com or the 1upcheats SFIV guide.

And yeah...that audio book is a questionable buy... Gootecks has become a hustler...with the PS3/Xbox donations and his audio book...

MrOctober

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
If he wasn't terrible he would have jumped over it lol.

The only time I've ever been hit with a Raging Demon is when a VERY good Akuma player times it right on jump ins.
edit: oh and from a kara demon.

Seriously. You can jump over it when he does literally right next to you. It's really hard to land without a combo if you play an opponent who knows anything about it.

slayn said:
$9 for a fucking interview? Who the fuck would pay that for an interview done by people that just play video games.

It doesn't even seem to be any good, judging from clips you can preview. edma doesn't finish his sentences.

Cowie

in defense of the interview, the sample i listened to had some great stuff in it. I'm not sure that I'm ready to pay for the whole thing, but I can see the appeal. It's probably a better use of $9 than 3 costume packs ;x

akachan ningen said:
It doesn't even seem to be any good, judging from clips you can preview. edma doesn't finish his sentences.

I think he should've just posted on his site...and generated hits...

His site could be a hub for SF with the arcade infinity videos, SF Podcast, the Ebook, a forum and advice.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, i would totally listen to that ed ma interview if it didn't cost 9 bux -- the sf podcast is good stuff, and i'd love to hear some dedicated strategy talk, even for a character i don't play

CPS2

Cowie said:
in defense of the interview, the sample i listened to had some great stuff in it. I'm not sure that I'm ready to pay for the whole thing, but I can see the appeal. It's probably a better use of $9 than 3 costume packs ;x

I listened to it a while ago, but iirc they spent about 10 minutes explaining how light attacks are so awesome because they have advantage on block. Something you can look up in like 5 seconds.

Courtesy of Oichi (Versus city):

No Rage Quitters
No BP Farming
Just straight up hardcore Japanese SF players...the top 20

★Power 20★
1. Mago (Sagat) - 185,253
2. Umehara (Ryu) - 177,915
3. Ojisanboi (Sagat) - 176,851
4. RF (Sagat) - 152,166
5. Tokidokinukinkusu (Chun) - 115,172
6. Nemo (Chun) - 114,823
7. Shiro (Abel) - 110,747
8. Radiowave (Sagat) - 100,064
9. Maakun (Sagat) - 93,929
10. Iyo (Dhalsim) - 93,823
11. Bouya (Zangief) - 90,166
12. Momochi (Ryu) - 86,391
13. Uryo (C.Viper) - 84,843
14. Aojiru Guile (Balrog) - 83,390
15. Momochi (Akuma) - 83,197 (NEW)
16. Dragonboy (Ken) - 81,806 (+2)
17. 74 (Sagat) - 81,736 (-1)
18. Dragonboy (Ryu) - 80,799 (-2)
19. AOI (Sagat) - 79,596 (-1)
19. Shizouka Saikyo (Blanka) - 78,919 (-1)

Out of Top 20
Nova (Sagat)

I also want to add, that if you are getting this data from a site other than the ones listed on my Friendly Sites, then they’re basically swiping my data for their own traffic. This is the only site that’s consistently posting these standings week in and week out, and I’ve told the owners of the sites listed on my Friendly Sites that they’re free to use them. However, other sites (such as EventHubs.com) have not asked, and that’s not particularly cool.

TimeKillr

Holy crap MicVlad.

As I said over the mic.. I've never seen a Dhalsim move like that. At some point I was learning your pattern and figuring out options to counter it, and then you bust out more stuff. :)

Really good games. I learned a lot! At least I did manage to win a single game :)

I'm posting this here because I couldn't find a psn thread and can't make my own topics. If I missed the thread feel free to delete this post and show me the link.

If I want to transfer my profile from one ps3 to another how do I do that? I know on the 360 you just download it but I didn't see that option on the ps3.

Top Bottom