• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Arde5643

EraldoCoil said:
i love Street Fighter 4, and Street Fighter 4 loves me :D

just had to put that out there :D
SF4 is the best $500 investment I've ever made - how about it? I love it more than you do. :lol

Killa Sasa said:
GG's to Slayn and gutter. Got worked by both of em. the Akuma vs Cammy matches were awesome Slayn. My Cammy started pretty shaky but got better as the matches went on I think :lol. And I don't know whether to be happy that I beat your Guile with Blanka - that's a mindf*ck right there X(.

Ditto to you gutter, after obliterating me with Shadoloo, Honda and , we had a couple close ones - that Balrog v. Cammy is going to stay with me for a while :lol

I have to link better online - I can do all those offline, but I missed chances for an Ultra after a successful FA (BALLLLLLLLLLLLROG! :( ) and cannon drills* after a connected crouch MK (like i was suprised i hit it or something :lol).

Hopefully tomorrow brings some improvement (and some CSpike->FADC->CSpike dammit!)
I might hop on again late tonight but I don't know... university blows.

*Screw the name spiral arrow...sounds awful. SSF2 speak for the win. Cannon spike is alright, but Front Kick was better.
GGs Killa

that Barlog match was funny with 03 on the clock with both nothing left on health... throw LOL.
Yup we had some close matches, I missed lots of Oicho ticks but the one that landed won me that first Honda vs Guile match.

You know everytime I teleported with Bison when I juggled you with jumping MP, MP or when I wanted to catch you when you jumped in the air? those were botched Ultras,,, i hate the shortcuts lol

Ken has been failing me allot lately, Ryu is defiantly the better shoto

Arde5643 said:
SF4 is the best $500 investment I've ever made - how about it? I love it more than you do. :lol

hmmmm.....don't know about that

1 ps3 stick at $69.99

2 360 sticks at $79.99 x 2

1 chun-li SF4 fight pad : $49.99

1 ps3 collectors edition game at $79.99

1 standard 360 game: $59.99

1 Prima Strategy guide:$14.99

total= 434.93 W/O tax

FUCK......you do love it more than me :(

Arde5643

Anyone wanna hit up a slightly adequate Fuerte and incompetent Dan on XBL? Add me, mine's mailarde.

EraldoCoil said:
hmmmm.....don't know about that

1 ps3 stick at $69.99

2 360 sticks at $79.99 x 2

1 chun-li SF4 fight pad : $49.99

1 ps3 collectors edition game at $79.99

1 standard 360 game: $59.99

1 Prima Strategy guide:$14.99

total= 434.93 W/O tax

FUCK......you do love it more than me :(
I bought 360 exclusively for this game and this is the only game I have on my SDTV CRT TV actually - I only had PS2 and Wii before. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
let's see:

~$120 for modded hrap3 (uh, let's pretend i didn't actually buy this for hd remix)
~$160 for modded hrap ex
$100 for imported 360 version
$80 for ps3 ce

$560 TOTAL

LOOKS LIKE IM THE CURRENT CHAMPION
at wasting money -- i'm still pretty bad at the game :(

CerberusE

Neo Member
Haha, I beat you all.

$58.99 360 version.

That is all. Rocking it with the 360 controller. Almost 2000bp now, and this game isn't even close to getting boring.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
akachan ningen said:
is that just for xbl? cause I didn't get any email.

Yeah, sorry. I keep forgetting to specify. Currently, I'm only hosting XBL tournaments (the 2nd tournament has filled up already). I'm looking into working with a few Sony sites to promote a SFIV tournament, I'll let you know when I have more details for sure since there's a lot of interest from people.

Caspel said:
Yeah, sorry. I keep forgetting to specify. Currently, I'm only hosting XBL tournaments (the 2nd tournament has filled up already). I'm looking into working with a few Sony sites to promote a SFIV tournament, I'll let you know when I have more details for sure since there's a lot of interest from people.

You'd get a LOT of gaf people for the psn tourney to show up. And there's def some monsters over here :p

Make sure you tell us first if you host one!

Ploid 3.0

Duke Togo said:
IN-DE-STRUCTA-OH FUCK my saturn pad finally died. :(

How? :\

And man these trials are annoying. It's like they picked the most useless combos for you to do. Stupid nonsense combos that require twister like combination. I can't even see how it would be natural on arcade sticks. I'm never getting those shirts.

MIMIC,

I main Blanka and could use your advice. How do you get around Bison's EX headstomp?

I can't anti-air it (only trades) or electricity it. I've been told to backdash, to backhop, or perhaps even to focus it, but it happens so fast....

How do you deal with it? I can deal with the rest of Bison's tricks but that one has me baffled and those answers I've just mentioned are good, but hard for me to pull off because it happens so fast.

MIMIC,

I main Blanka and could use your advice. How do you get around Bison's EX headstomp?

I can't anti-air it (only trades) or electricity it. I've been told to backdash, to backhop, or perhaps even to focus it, but it happens so fast....

How do you deal with it? I can deal with the rest of Bison's tricks but that one has me baffled and those answers I've just mentioned are good, but hard for me to pull off because it happens so fast.

For most characters if you just hold back he'll land in front of you. Personally I always just FADC it to build ultra meter. If it happens to fast for you to recognize it, then you'll just have to hit up practice mode. Record feature FTW (seriously, has any other fighting game had it before)

Yeah, I know I'm not mimic lol.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Vdragoon said:
close game lyte edge, fought your chun li! (got beat down by a 4k chun li the next game :lol )

Very tight game; so close! It was down to the wire at the end...love matches like this! :lol

NeoUltima said:
Is online not working for anyone else? (PS3 version)
Keeps saying "no sessions found"

Is your PS3's connection Nat3? Mine is and I am only able to host matches or join friends' games. If I try to search I get the same error.

The weird thing is, only SF4 does this. I can search for matches in any other game, including other fighters like HD Remix and Soul Calibur IV.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Timedog said:
and OH YEAH, today in training I set the opponent akuma to cpu controlled, and if my fireball hit his red 3 hit fireball the moment it left his hands, it would completely cancel. I immediately met an akuma in ranked and expected this to happen and got hit with 2 fireballs that I could have jumped over or blocked if I had expected them to not fully cancel. WTF? Has anyone else seen Akuma's red fireball get cancelled with a normal fireball when playing the cpu in training?
The number of hits on Akuma's red fireball changes depending on which punch you use.
lp = 1 hit
mp = 2hits
hp = 3 hits

An lp red fireball can be canceled with any other projectile. I'm guess that is what you canceled. An mp can be canceled by other 2 hitters like ex moves. A 3 hitter just beats everything.

Threi

notag
gutter_trash said:
those were botched Ultras,,, i hate the shortcuts lol

according to SRK how to get around that is to make the final input up-forward. Apparently it works every time like that (i haven't had the time to test it)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
FindMyFarms said:
ZANGIEF KARA GLOVE

Do we have any Gief players here? Well here you go :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT4QQgBPVFM

Sorry Slayn

SAGAT 80% COMBO DUE TO STANDING MK GLITCH

April Fools! Suck it down Sagat!
For horizontal ball I don't think it matters. The big change that makes is it means zangief can actually mixup on wakeup because if blanka tries to ex upball on wakeup, zangief can punish him.

jdub03

MIMIC said:
I played someone who has all of the achievements already! :lol razier31

I have them all except for the title and and icon achievements. I just need to get 9 judgment wins and 25 perfects to get the rest of the titles/icons. After 180 hours of play I could only manage to get 5 perfects:lol. The best chance I had of getting them were seth vs zangief matches.
It's a total slaughter.

Side note: zangief kara hands will definitely make him god tier x2.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how do you get the icons?! I have about 6% after 45 hours... good deal of titles though.

Is it ranked play? (I haven't played a lot of ranked due to sharing it with my housemate)

catfish said:
how do you get the icons?

Well...

ICONS

1 - Street Fighter IV Logo - Automatically unlocked at the beginning
2 - Green Shoot - Unlocks after 1 Online wins
3 - Green Stem - Unlocks after 5 Online wins
4 - Green Flower - Unlocks after 10 Online wins
5 - Peach Flower - Unlocks after 30 Online wins
6 - 3 Peach Flowers - Unlocks after 50 Online wins
7 - Bunch of Orange Flowers - Unlocks after 75 Online wins
8 - Bunch of Multi coloured Flowers - Unlocks after 101 Online wins
9 - Floral Wreath - Unlocks after 151 Online wins
10 - Star in Wreath - Unlocks after 301 Online Wins
11 - Crown - Unlocks after 506 Online Wins
12 - Trophy - Unlocks with 30 'Perfect' Rounds
13 - Red Silouhette - Unlocks with 30 'Chip Damage' Rounds
14 - Gold SFIV Record - Unlocked with 'Ultra!' Title
15 - Silver SFIV Record - Unlocked with 'Super!' Title
16 - Bronze SFIV Record - Unlocked with 'Normal Fighter' Title
17 - Blue SFIV Record - Unlocked with 'Bitter Victor' Title
18 - Pink Balled Joystick - Unlocked with 'Technician' Title
19 - Japanese Scroll - Unlocked with the 'Not On My Watch' Title
20 - Angry Eye - Unlocks with title 'Saw That Coming'
21 - Sakura Blue Background - Unlocked with the '1st Come 1st Served' Title
22 - Chick With Bandana - Unlocks with Title Dizzy Chicks
23 - Chick With Sunglasses - Unlocks with Title Chick Pea
24 - Chick With Cowboy Hat -Unlocks with Title Chick'n Noggin
25 - Chick with Crown - Unlocks with Title Legendary Chick
26 - SF4 Cube Ryu - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
27 - Monochrome Ryu - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
28 - Cartoony Head Ryu - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
29 - Character Flag Ryu - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
30 - SF4 Cube Ken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
31 - Monochrome Ken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
32 - Cartoony Head Ken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
33 - Character Flag Ken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
34 - SF4 Cube Chun Li - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
35 - Monochrome Chun Li - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
36 - Cartoony Chun Li - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
37 - Character Flag Chun Li - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
38 - SF4 Cube E.Honda - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
39 - Monochrome E.Honda - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
40 - Cartoony Head E.Honda - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
41 - Character Flag E.Honda - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
42 - SF4 Cube Blanka - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
43 - Monochrome Blanka - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
44 - Cartoony Head Blanka - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
45 - Character Flag Blanka - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
46 - SF4 Cube Zangief - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
47 - Monochrome Zangief - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
48 - Cartoony Head Zangief - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
49 - Character Flag Zangief - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
50 - SF4 Cube Guile - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
51 - Monochrome Guile - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
52 - Cartoony Head Guile - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
53 - Character Flag Guile - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
54 - SF4 Cube Dhalsim - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
55 - Monochrome Dhalsim - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
56 - Cartoony Head Dhalsim - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
57 - Character Flag Dhalsim - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
58 - SF4 Cube Balrog - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
59 - Monochrome Balrog - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
60 - Cartoony Head Balrog - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
61 - Character Flag Balrog - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
62 - SF4 Cube Vega - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
63 - Monochrome Vega - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
64 - Cartoony Head Vega - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
65 - Character Flag Vega - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
66 - SF4 Cube Sagat - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
67 - Monochrome Sagat - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
68 - Cartoony Head Sagat - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
69 - Character Flag Sagat - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
70 - SF4 Cube M. Bison - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
71 - Monochrome M. Bison - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
72 - Cartoony Head M. Bison - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
73 - Character Flag M. Bison - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
74 - SF4 Cube Ken - Crimson Viper all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
75 - Monochrome Crimson Viper - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
76 - Cartoony Head Crimson Viper - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
77 - Character Flag Crimson Viper - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
78 - SF4 Cube Rufus - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
79 - Monochrome Rufus - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
80 - Cartoony Head Rufus - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
81 - Character Flag Rufus - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
82 - SF4 Cube El Feurte - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
83 - Monochrome El Feurte - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
84 - Cartoony Head El Feurte - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
85 - Character Flag El Feurte - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
86 - SF4 Cube Abel - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
87 - Monochrome Abel - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
88 - Cartoony Head Abel - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
89 - Character Flag Abel - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
90 - SF4 Cube Akuma - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
91 - Monochrome Akuma - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
92 - Cartoony Head Akuma - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
93 - Character Flag Akuma - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
94 - SF4 Cube Gouken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
95 - Monochrome Gouken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
96 - Cartoony Head Gouken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
97 - Character Flag Gouken - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
98 - SF4 Cube Seth - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
99 - Monochrome Seth - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
100 - Cartoony Head Seth - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
101 - Character Flag Seth - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
102 - SF4 Cube Cammy - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
103 - Monochrome Cammy - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
104 - Cartoony Head Cammy - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
105 - Character Flag Cammy - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
106 - SF4 Cube Fei Long - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
107 - Monochrome Fei Long - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
108 - Cartoony Head Fei Long - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
109 - Character Flag Fei Long - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
110 - SF4 Cube Sakura - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
111 - Monochrome Sakura - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
112 - Cartoony Head Sakura - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
113 - Character Flag Sakura - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
114 - SF4 Cube Rose - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
115 - Monochrome Rose - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
116 - Cartoony Head Rose - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
117 - Character Flag Rose - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
118 - SF4 Cube Gen - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
119 - Monochrome Gen - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
120 - Cartoony Head Gen - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
121 - Character Flag Gen - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
122 - SF4 Cube Dan - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
123 - Monochrome Dan - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
124 - Cartoony Head Dan - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
125 - Character Flag Dan - Complete all of this character's Trials on Normal and Hard
126-175 - Japanese Symbols - Unlocks by finishing both normal and Hard Time Attack Modes
176-239 - Animal Silhouettes -Unlock when Both Normal and Hard Survival modes are
240 - StreetFighter.com - Unlocked by completing all Normal Trials with All Characters

Quoted from:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126711

jdub03

catfish said:
how do you get the icons?! I have about 6% after 45 hours... good deal of titles though.

Is it ranked play? (I haven't played a lot of ranked due to sharing it with my housemate)

Mostly completing all the challenges. That's where you get the bulk of them. The rest are online vs. mile stones. Like getting 30 wins, winning by chip damage, stuff like that. Here is a list and how to get them.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126711

Edit: Too Slow :(

By the way: why the hell did no one ever post that Donkey Show was actually that good? :lol Gave me some real trouble the other day (he was clearly the better player) and caught me in Balrog's nasty EX Upper loop at one point, lag be damned.

And here's his arcade stick, lawl:

1623.jpg

2346.jpg

No45

_dementia said:
He should be careful, in my country pedo is short for pedophile
I think the correct original spelling is 'paedophile' so a shortening of that would probably be 'paedo'... and now I've exhausted my expertise on the subject. Honest!

the def of the word is Greek
Pedo (child) phile (desire or love whatever)

Philosophy = desire or love of knowledge sophie/Sophia = knowledge
Philip = Philippos = desire, love or friends of horses (hippos or ippos = horses)

I am not Greek, this is just what I heard

MIMIC

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
For most characters if you just hold back he'll land in front of you. Personally I always just FADC it to build ultra meter. If it happens to fast for you to recognize it, then you'll just have to hit up practice mode. Record feature FTW (seriously, has any other fighting game had it before)

Yeah, I know I'm not mimic lol.

Yeah, you ain't me! =p But what you said.

Plus, Avatar1, you just gotta recognize when it's coming (I think I usually hop back on reaction). Most good Bison players will recognize when YOU recognize it and will cancel into that flaming hand thing. So watch out for that, too.

jdub03 said:
I have them all except for the title and and icon achievements. I just need to get 9 judgment wins and 25 perfects to get the rest of the titles/icons. After 180 hours of play I could only manage to get 5 perfects:lol. The best chance I had of getting them were seth vs zangief matches.
It's a total slaughter.

Side note: zangief kara hands will definitely make him god tier x2.

For the trials, did you find anyone's noticeably harder than the rest?

Augemitbutter said:
got back on ranked after i stopped for about 1,5 weeks. shot up 700BP with relative ease.

feels like people have gotten worse over time.

I think more and more people and playing with Friends in player now,
I only go on Ranked when I have nobody to play with,
I hope the patch re-jump starts things

toneroni

Augemitbutter said:
got back on ranked after i stopped for about 1,5 weeks. shot up 700BP with relative ease.

Other way around for me. Stopped playing for a lil while due to GDC and work. Been getting stomped all over the place due to rust (i hope). Spent like 2 hours to finally get some bp back. Might take a break from ranked if I hit 4k. Was soooo close, now i tumbled back to the mid 3s.

GG Lyte edge. I saw your name in custom search and figured I should give you some bp :lol
Fought your chun - i probably used some shoto, next time it'll be closer! :D
58 hours of playtime so far. I want to find a stick :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I like all the new scrubs online. I'm not good at all but I can tear up those people that are at <1000 bp and it feels great.

Pretty much all the gaffers have kicked my ass tho

MoxManiac

gutter_trash said:
I think more and more people and playing with Friends in player now,
I only go on Ranked when I have nobody to play with,
I hope the patch re-jump starts things

Hey, we need to play again sometime. I want a rematch against your honda!

MNC

This game makes me rage more than L4D. I just threw the controller and pissed off my mom :( I'm staying away from online for a while and just play local.

Tonight is not my night.

Went from 2kbp to 1400 in like 30 minutes. I've been losing flowchart kens with 500bp. Ugh, I blame playing with my neighbor for 2 straight days

Won

Augemitbutter said:

Well, as long new BP are generated, the mass will move up BP wise.

That is at least my way to moving upward from time to time!

But tonight ranked really feels dead. The "more skilled" filter doesn't even throw a full list at me anymore. :(

150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE RING.

That's right, I bought a console solely for SF4.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Teknopathetic said:
150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE RING.

That's right, I bought a console solely for SF4.

Why wouldn't you have bought a much cheaper 360 then?

Top Bottom