• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Aeris130

Quick question for the Rose players (or any other character that can do this): Is it really possible (read this on srk) to FA Guiles second c.HK-hit, dash cancel forward and grab him? I always get a flash kick in my face before I even finish dashing in.

MNC

Teknopathetic said:
150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE RING.

That's right, I bought a console solely for SF4.
Hopefully someone I can finally beat :(

PhatSaqs

Banned
Aeris130 said:
Quick question for the Rose players (or any other character that can do this): Is it really possible (read this on srk) to FA Guiles second c.HK-hit, dash cancel forward and grab him? I always get a flash kick in my face before I even finish dashing in.
With Rose I always either EX Drill, Super, or Ultra. FAing is too risky unless you backdash out.

qcf x2

Every time I sign in, MicVlad signed out 10 minutes prior. :(

I beat 6 people in a row today and won a combined 75 or so points, lost to one guy and lost 100. Anyway I've been really off lately, feels like the first week that I bought the game.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Teknopathetic said:
150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

did you not have any next gen consoles before SFIV? wow

qcf x2

Aeris130 said:

You always have a few options there. You might even be able to cross up jump, I'm not sure. You can also do a normal and depending on your character and timing and the distance of the sweep it might work. Rose's low MP is what I'm thinking in this case, but I can't confirm it, just guessing based on priority. The FA dash will work sometimes, but if the dude is gonna flash kick you then just bait the kick out of him a few times then do some combo involving HP when he lands. As was previously mentioned your safest option is the EX drill, super or ultra. But you're not always gonna have meter. Even if you do, showing your opponent that you have multiple ways to counter shenanigans is usually a good deterrent.

kiryogi

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

Y'know, when they first announced it, I thought you'd get it for PC. Not bad though. I've only spent about 300 in comparison. Going to be about 350 after I can finally get some stick parts. SFIV's definitely been one of my more expensive gaming investments, but oh so worth it.

Jason

Teknopathetic said:
150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

Here's mine:

$40 HRAP2 SA (traded in a bunch of junk)
$20 inPin converter
$70 SF4 CE
------------------

$130 CAD

Not so bad. :)

TimeKillr said:
Your Dhalsim is damn awesome. I'll have to play it again with my new and improved Rufus, see how I'd be (and I think I could do better with my Abel now too).
OK. I could use some more practice against Rufus, so I wouldn't mind.

bob_arctor said:
Was that you that shot me one yesterday? My kids were having one of their epic battles at the time. I'm gonna be on later this afternoon though and I just sent you an friends invite. I'm a Gouken/Abel player almost exclusively but wanna work in a 3rd main. Just don't know who yet.
Yes. Could be that I might not be present when you have time to log onto Xbox Live though (different time zones and whatnot), so we'll see.

haunts said:
So I recorded a bunch of matches with a_Rival last night. He was mainly playing Seth the whole time os I got some great footage. It was pretty late so I was only able to upload one but I'll upload more tonight. They are pretty entertaining to say the least...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG3TQcsNhDg
Do you have an idea how good A_Rival's connection is when playing against foreign people? Seth's the only character I haven't faced yet (not even once), so I could use an asskicking to gain some experience against him (if he doesn't mind that is).

SpectreRT said:
Hehe, thanks to you I am getting better at the Rufus match up. Snake Strike hurts so much. :(

I have been working on otg ex C.strike, fp, C.spike, FADC(backwards), Ultra.

I can get it in training, but I guess my execution in match has been bad. And I cant blame the Xbox controller. Its all my fault! ;)

I would love to test my Cammy against some others out there. I have played with Mcvlad as well... dudes 'Sim is something to see. Amazing execution.
Cammy's so annoying for Dhalsim. Her fast recovery for certain high-priority moves really limits my offense sometimes. Can't even punish some of those moves with throws as much as I'd like to... :[

Threi said:
whats annoying is most people in the GAF SFIV list are always playing Resident Evil 5 or offline when im ready to play :(

That only leaves me with MicVlad and haunts, not fun times. (I haven't actually gathered the balls to challenge haunts yet :lol )
FUCKIN' RESIDENT EVIL 5 IS RUINING EVERYTHING

nakedsushi said:
McVlad is my fav. to play against. Everytime he picks Dhalsim, even though I lose horribly, I learn a bit more about the character I use, lol. Like, not to jump in so much. Also, cry when he does his giant fireball.
Oh, good to know. I didn't use Dhalsim all that often lately when playing you, because (and I'm not being pompous) I kind of started feeling bad for trapping you in that Ultra a little too often. :p Thought it might've started to piss you off or something.

rocK` said:
haunts

i'd like to play your sagat sometime

GT: Keshstud
I'm no haunts, but can we play one of these days? I need more practice against Rufus and you're always 'Away' whenever I send you an invite.

Rummy Bunnz said:
Sorry I missed your invite, MicVlad. My damn remote keeps screwing up and doesn't turn off the 360.
No problem. I didn't think you were online anyway, because your status is always offline in the FoF list.

qcf x2 said:
Every time I sign in, MicVlad signed out 10 minutes prior. :(

I beat 6 people in a row today and won a combined 75 or so points, lost to one guy and lost 100. Anyway I've been really off lately, feels like the first week that I bought the game.
I know the feeling. Every time I sign in late in the evening, AZ Greg's offline for hours, just when I feel like playing his Vega. And when I send an invite to haunts, he's usually away already for quite a bit. :[

Beardz

toneroni said:
Might take a break from ranked if I hit 4k. Was soooo close, now i tumbled back to the mid 3s.

Same, just broke 4k barrier (4100) I'm think I'm done with ranked matches for a while...

"You obviously have a computer since you're posting here. You could have waited for the PC version."

I was planning on getting the PC version originally, but Capcom was all like "It's not finished, check back in 4 months when everyone who wanted the game already owns it on consoles and you'll be all alone."

"did you not have any next gen consoles before SFIV? wow"

Nope. Didn't need them.

"Why wouldn't you have bought a much cheaper 360 then?"

More friends had a PS3.

Threi

notag
I consider 360 part of my SFIV purchase as that was the reason i got the console in the first place so:

$199 - XBOX360 Arcade
$29 - 20GB HDD
$14 - VGA cable
$9 - Wifi adapter + Wireless Windows USB dongle (just to brag)
$59 - SFIV
$39(or $49 i forget) - 360 Fightpad

err $349 + tax

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Teknopathetic said:
"You obviously have a computer since you're posting here. You could have waited for the PC version."

I was planning on getting the PC version originally, but Capcom was all like "It's not finished, check back in 4 months when everyone who wanted the game already owns it on consoles and you'll be all alone."

"did you not have any next gen consoles before SFIV? wow"

Nope. Didn't need them.

"Why wouldn't you have bought a much cheaper 360 then?"

More friends had a PS3.
Add me if you want to play against a lousy El Fuerte.

I'll play.

$50 Fightstick Tournament Edition ($100 in Bestbuy giftcards leftover from Christmas)
$60 SFIV.

$110 USD

I had imported a HRAP EX from Japan before they were announced for North America. It doesn't count because I didn't particularly buy it for SFIV, but if you want to count that, then add $180.

Aeris130

PhatSaqs said:
With Rose I always either EX Drill, Super, or Ultra. FAing is too risky unless you backdash out.
qcf x2 said:
The FA dash will work sometimes, but if the dude is gonna flash kick you then just bait the kick out of him a few times then do some combo involving HP when he lands.

So I take it FADC to grab isn't guaranteed?

qcf x2 said:
You always have a few options there. You might even be able to cross up jump, I'm not sure. You can also do a normal and depending on your character and timing and the distance of the sweep it might work. Rose's low MP is what I'm thinking in this case, but I can't confirm it, just guessing based on priority.

Now I'm not really following you. Is it possible to crossup-jump or use c.MP in the middle of the two hits just like that, or do I need to FADC the initial hit first?

jdub03

McVlad I actually play a half way decent seth. I also want to play u some more with my Rufus. I had zero experience with sim prier to playing you. It wouldn't have mattered though. I t
hink i'm still in shock.

AZ Greg

MicVlaD said:
I know the feeling. Every time I sign in late in the evening, AZ Greg's offline for hours, just when I feel like playing his Vega.

Speaking of playing, sorry about not accepting your invites the other day. I would have came if I were playing randoms but both times you sent one I was playing people from GAF and didn't want to bail on them.

Hopefully we can get on the same page sometime soon. I could really use the practice against Dhalsim. As of late, Dhalsim and Rufus are giving me the most trouble, I wish I could get the sorta playtime vs. them that is so easy to get against the Shotos. :(

kiryogi

Banned
My exact list, not as unique but hey still costly!

PS3 SFIV CE: 80
PS3 TE Stick: 150
PS3 SE Stick: 70

Pending: Sanwa JLF and Semitsu PS-14-Ks - about 30-40?

350$ after shipping.

jdub03

MIMIC said:
Yeah, you ain't me! =p But what you said.

Plus, Avatar1, you just gotta recognize when it's coming (I think I usually hop back on reaction). Most good Bison players will recognize when YOU recognize it and will cancel into that flaming hand thing. So watch out for that, too.

For the trials, did you find anyone's noticeably harder than the rest?

Believe it or not kens hard trial 4 gave me the most problems. It took me hours to complete. The rest including c vipers was easier then I expected.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
vertopci said:
If you have a decent PC, you're better off getting a PS3 rather than a 360 since most of the 360 "exclusives" come to PC.
I wish MS would pull their head out on games for windows. Cross platform play would be a huge incentive to double dip, as would shared achievements.

Won said:
Well, as long new BP are generated, the mass will move up BP wise.

That is at least my way to moving upward from time to time!

But tonight ranked really feels dead. The "more skilled" filter doesn't even throw a full list at me anymore. :(

always had trouble going through the "custom match" filters. most of the results are impossible for me to join, regardless of connection-quality. sometimes i do get lucky though, but its very tiresome to search that way.

Darkman M

ill play as well...

Xbx360 TE stick $150
Hrap EX stick $129.99(bought when me TE stick was delayed)
Street Fighter IV import $100(had to have it asap)
Setmitsu parts for the Hrap $50

so around $429.99 still no regrets....

Finally got round to picking this up today.

Have been really enjoying it, but have been fighting Seth as C.Viper for the last hour trying to win and unlock Cammy and any goodwill I had for the game is evaporating into vapour. She is utterly fucking awful, and Round 2 Crazy Gangbang Seth is just dumb.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SecretBonusPoint said:

Have been really enjoying it, but have been fighting Seth as C.Viper for the last hour trying to win and unlock Cammy and any goodwill I had for the game is evaporating into vapour. She is utterly fucking awful, and Round 2 Crazy Gangbang Seth is just dumb.
Seth is harder than Chun Li's nipples, but only if you fight him fair. The easiest way to beat him is to take the match to 3 rounds, hold back to turtle the whole round, and make him eat a super and an ultra (he rarely blocks them).

Arde5643

SecretBonusPoint said:

Simplest way to do it with any character:
1) Set difficulty to EASIEST
2) Set # of rounds to 1
3) Set time to 30

MIMIC

Banned
jdub03 said:
Believe it or not kens hard trial 4 gave me the most problems. It took me hours to complete. The rest including c vipers was easier then I expected.

That's good to know. I rarely play the shoto characters (I'm a charge whore) but I have a good handle on them in the trials.

dankir

Teknopathetic said:
150$ for modded HRAP3
230$ for monitor
60$ for game
400$ for PS3
---------------

840$

Shoulda bought the 360 version and it woulda been cheaper too :)

Arde5643 said:
Simplest way to do it with any character:
1) Set difficulty to EASIEST
2) Set # of rounds to 1
3) Set time to 30

Was going to stubbornly post about not giving in, but after a series of ridiculous rounds where every single combo whiffed through his bullshit throw grab animation or shoulder charge; Fuck It. Fighting game developers need to be fucking water-boarded for this kind of end boss shit in a game.

Zapages

gutter_trash said:
I got to agree with the comments, C.Viper tried to finish with a fancy but whiffed and ate the loss for trying to showboat the end where simplicity would have been a better choice for the finish

But who won... The C. viper player did?? If so... OMG....:lol

DIRTY-D

Round 2 Crazy Gangbang Seth

LOL ...I almost lost it on this comment! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Almost thought of 4 Dr. Manhattans humping Viper ala SNL style :D

gutter_trash said:
I got to agree with the comments, C.Viper tried to finish with a fancy but whiffed and ate the loss for trying to showboat the end where simplicity would have been a better choice for the finish
the viper player won

sagat whiffed the punish ultra

hitsugi

Viper is such a crazy whore D: could anyone let me know how they do c.hp, hp tk cancel, c.hp => ex seismo? I'm getting supers all too often here.. also, how are people canceling hp knuckles so quickly? it seems.. instant. negative edging anywhere?

Arde5643

SecretBonusPoint said:
Was going to stubbornly post about not giving in, but after a series of ridiculous rounds where every single combo whiffed through his bullshit throw grab animation or shoulder charge; Fuck It. Fighting game developers need to be fucking water-boarded for this kind of end boss shit in a game.
Sorry to tell you - but the only fighting game where the AI is actually good and can be used to learn the game inside out is Virtua Fighter - that's it.

i feel dumb now, well people were jumping in front of the screen and camera guy wasnt concentrating on the screen

lol whiff on punishing a whiff

Caj814

I think my shit list is going to explode eventually.This is after I streaked the guy with El Furete and got disconnected on the final round before my ultra finished :lol He had the whole "I'm a beast!!11" thing going on in his profile so I sent:

"That was a beastly disconnection amigo!"

heres the response:
22aoev.jpg

Not only that he sent it one more time with the same excellence in English!Also I'm not even Mexican or even close to it.

Caj814

Dartastic said:
Anyone want to play some matches on 360 right now? I want to play against some good players... eh? EH?
I'll take you up on that offer give me about 10-15 mins and I'll be ready to play.

Top Bottom