• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC

Banned
Wow. I'm going through Survival mode with Zangief. This almost feels like cheating :lol Is lariat beats so many Ultras, too.

Dartastic

Timedog said:
What's your BP?

Around 1500. I feel like I've hit a wall where I'm not getting much better, but a lot of my matches are really close. I need to overcome it by playing better players! GG's, Caj. I was close a decent amount of the time even though I lost almost all the matches... I just can't close!

Dartastic

Augh, I've gotta run to the liquor store real fast (friends are coming over for Lost later) but I'll be back and play more in like 20! Go ahead and add me!

Threi

notag
whoever's fuerte i played owned me hard lol ggs.

i had to bail though because i have to freaking go out...

why does that happen the one time this week i say im gunna play this damn game?

MicVlad hold your dictator-beating ambition until after i get back ok?

MIMIC

Banned
God damn bitches Cammy and C. Viper took me out....and I'm on the last Normal Trial. How do you handle Cammy with Zangief (Survival Mode)? Sometimes the quick lariat works against her cannon drill but sometimes it doesn't.

NYR

Ploid 3.0 said:
Ho are gold medals awarded in the survival and time challenges? What are the requirements?
I believe you need to double up on the quota. For example, in survival, if the quota is 5 wins, you need 10 for a gold.

Won

Threi said:
whoever's fuerte i played owned me hard lol ggs.

i had to bail though because i have to freaking go out...

why does that happen the one time this week i say im gunna play this damn game?

MicVlad hold your dictator-beating ambition until after i get back ok?

That Fuerte was me. Was a bit too one sided I guess. :lol

:/

Caj814 said:
Not sure if this was posted already but heres the SF4 Rage quitter Hall of Shame blog.Bookmark it and submit if you got a lot of picture proof of the people on your shit list :lol
http://thebadloserswallofshame.blogspot.com/

Funny that you mention that, I just had 2 quitters as I'm playing right now. I won the first round and they quit immediately at the beginning of the 2nd. Maybe it wasn't intentional but I'm just letting you know. The names were JACK_FM and Wraft on PSN. I didn't take any pictures or anything though so you can only take my word for it.

Any tips on getting good with Chun-li? I've been playing bad players online ftmp so I can't get much practice in. What I basically do is jump around to lure them in sometimes and use the EX spinning bird kick and other times I'd try to get in some quick combos with kikoken as a starter.

BitchTits

Jazzy Network said:
Any tips on getting good with Chun-li? I've been playing bad players online ftmp so I can't get much practice in. What I basically do is jump around to lure them in sometimes and use the EX spinning bird kick and other times I'd try to get in some quick combos with kikoken as a starter.
With Chun-Li, try and stick to them like glue.

Once they're down I mix up different things like the back-flip kick, followed up with c.LP cLP <-MK, MK Up/down kick - gotta learn the name for that (this can lead into Ultra if you have it and they're near enough to the corner so the whole thing connects.

Next time they might expect the back-flip so hit 'em with a Hazanshu(?) qcb+K, next time do the <-MK, MK up/down kick without the backflip if they're expecting to block low, then they'll block high, so do a sweep - basically mix it all up so they don't know what the hell to expect.

Also try and anticipate their jumps so you can air throw them, I've noticed this really makes some people lose their concentration, I guess because they're not expecting it since most characters don't have one.

sorry FindMyFarms,
I was playing vs Slayn

GGs Slayn, I am a Honda player who despises fighting against Honda hahaha.
Notice my urge to play more as Gen

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
My 360 keeps crashing. Wonder if it is SF4 or another dead 360 on the way.
GT: Kojikun if anyone wants in.

BitchTits

How great is Balrog's winning pose where he just laughs, dunno what it's like on the English audio track, but it's perfect on the Japanese language track, he gives the most condescending laugh! :lol

I like the one where he puts his hand on his hip and says something while motioning with his head - cracks me up every time if the opponent doesn't skip it. Also Viper's where she's on the phone and says 'moshe, moshe....ehhhh?!!...' :lol They did a great job with the voices.

Arde5643

gutter_trash said:
sorry FindMyFarms,
I was playing vs Slayn

Mirror matches are pretty stupid IMO - so I totally understand your thinking. :D

Cammy mainers, any thoughts on her strong and weak match-ups? I'm thinking of Cammy as a secondary for my Fuerte since Dan has a lot of troubles against a lot of characters.

gutter_trash said:
sorry FindMyFarms,
I was playing vs Slayn

Maybe later on tonight? I'll be back on then.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
RevenantKioku said:
My 360 keeps crashing. Wonder if it is SF4 or another dead 360 on the way.
GT: Kojikun if anyone wants in.

If I had known that you had it for 360, I would have played you by now. When I get back to my new dorm room, I won't be able to play you. :(

Also, YAY for keeping charge with Bison's teleport. So glad someone found some more tricks with him.

Shadoloo forever! :D

Arde5643 said:
Mirror matches are pretty stupid IMO - so I totally understand your thinking. :D

Cammy mainers, any thoughts on her strong and weak match-ups? I'm thinking of Cammy as a secondary for my Fuerte since Dan has a lot of troubles against a lot of characters.

Outside of the info you can get at SRK, play this guy on PSN

vietnamazing

We play in the same local casuals. He knows a lot about her and her matchups. Just a warning though, bring your A game.

edit : just saw you're on xbl, nm then

Top Bottom