• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

jdub03

MIMIC said:
God damn bitches Cammy and C. Viper took me out....and I'm on the last Normal Trial. How do you handle Cammy with Zangief (Survival Mode)? Sometimes the quick lariat works against her cannon drill but sometimes it doesn't.

If you walk around a bit next to her and bait her cannon drill you can punish it with kkk lariat. Always use that since the feet are invincible at the start. All her other moves can be stuffed with the lariat(her spinning punch move and all her moves after her flip in the air). The main thing to remember is to bait, block, and punish. Also her Ultra can be punished with ex green hands.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
gutter_trash said:
sorry FindMyFarms,
I was playing vs Slayn

GGs Slayn, I am a Honda player who despises fighting against Honda hahaha.
Notice my urge to play more as Gen
Well, I hate playing against blanka, so we're even!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
1cesc said:
Did you try clearing your cache?
I don't even know what that means! This is a console, not a goddamned webbrowser!

so after about 10 minutes of messing around, i think i almost got fadc'ing down

then my stick started fucking up :lol

still need to get those parts
or find myself a tournament edition :(

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
No one up for games? I can do PSN as well, Koji-chan there!

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
How long does it usually take for Lizard Lick to deliver parts?

I'm still waiting on the Sanwa stick replacement for my MadCatz SE. It's been a month since I ordered.

Rektash

Geeez sometimes the "play for win" mentality is really getting on my nerves. Seriously, every sport has its sportsmanship - but beat em ups? None! I mean it isn t hard to see that its no fun fighting against an akuma which only throws fireballs and teleports out when you are getting too close for his taste. I beat them every time :-/. So why do people play like this? To annoy the opponent? Isn t that incredible infantile in an annoying way?

I just can t understand people not playing for the fun of playing itself :lol .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I have an idea, lets ban Ploid Blanka !!:D
He is like Omega Blanka, El Fuerte cant do a thing... ;__;

Rektash said:
Geeez sometimes the "play for win" mentality is really getting on my nerves. Seriously, every sport has its sportsmanship - but beat em ups? None! I mean it isn t hard to see that its no fun fighting against an akuma which only throws fireballs and teleports out when you are getting too close for his taste. I beat them every time :-/. So why do people play like this? To annoy the opponent? Isn t that incredible infantile in an annoying way?

WE are called scrubs.

RevenantKioku

Rektash said:

To be fair, all people get fun in different ways. Now, mind you this means a lot of the ways will be really stupid, but it is what it is.
I still can't beat Akuma spam. :(

FindMyFarms said:
Aite, I'll send a friend request!
PSN? Ok, but I just found out there is a damn new update. Doing that right now. "/

Rektash said:

Maybe jumping back and throwing fireballs is there way of having fun? meh those players baffle me too lol.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Rektash said:

I can't understand why your complaining if your winning.

Rektash

Shinjitsu said:
I can't understand why your complaining if your winning.

Because:

1. You don t learn a thing. I know how to beat them and thats it.
2. Its boring to fight against
3. Takes up time I want to invest in proper fights.

RevenantKioku said:
To be fair, all people get fun in different ways. Now, mind you this means a lot of the ways will be really stupid, but it is what it is.
I still can't beat Akuma spam. :(

PSN? Ok, but I just found out there is a damn new update. Doing that right now. "/

Cool, my psn is bananafriends (actually my friends, but borrowed his ps3)

Just got the update too lol, but it's a pretty sick one. FINALLY added in game text chat, thank god!

Shinjitsu

Banned
Rektash said:
Because:

Then take your BP and move on to another match?

People are always going to do stupid shit in fighting games

Why do Kens not do shit but spam dragon punch?

Why do Blankas do nothing but spam ball?

Why do Zangiefs do nothing but lariat?

The list could go on forever:lol

Rektash said:
Because:

Seriously man, spammers are just going to make up the majority of your online ranking matches. Also, at the same time, you can't expect to have a super high quality match all the time.

If that's all your looking for, then go to shoryuken.com, go to the psn tag list, add everyone, and have fun.

RevenantKioku

I have a Japanese PS3, set in Japanese and that is ok. But when I have a keyboard plugged in, it will only let me type in Japanese. I can do English but it is a pain in the ass. I want to be able to swap between the two languages. How?

I played the best Honda I've ever seen tonight. The guy was a beast. I'm no scrub with Chun (I'm no pro either) but the dude wiped the floor with me - went about 4-14.

Helps he was the first good Honda i've seen, but it was a blast to play a non-shoto or Thai player.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Rektash said:

Try to do something that looks punishable but isn't, or try to bait the teleport and punish that. Chars that have projectiles or cover a lot of ground quickly have it easier.

Generally against a super turtle, I try to advance carefully, but not attack, waiting for their response. Eventually a tutle will succumb to the pressure, unless they're an elite player- in which case they'll adjust for a bit and force you to respect their offense enough for the turtling/running to work again.

As for winning every time, against a much stronger opponent- my goal is not so much to win, but to give myself a chance to win, then try to steal it. That's why they do it. I usually try to use gimmick chars/teams instead. That's the reason I never play the most popular char- I feel like I'll lose out to almost anyone in technical skill, so I try to turn games into chess matches where what I'm good at comes out.

Takuan

Really enjoying Sagat, and I feel kind of bad for it because's he's such a monster of a character... but damn, he's fun!

Akuma scrubs are fun as Chun's Ultra will hit as they're coming down from a air fireball and I'm almost certain it hits an incoming Ultra RD.

If not the ultra, then a simple jab kikoken into that RD bullshit looks hilarious, and should ALWAYS be followed by a taunt.

MIMIC

Banned
jdub03 said:
If you walk around a bit next to her and bait her cannon drill you can punish it with kkk lariat. Always use that since the feet are invincible at the start. All her other moves can be stuffed with the lariat(her spinning punch move and all her moves after her flip in the air). The main thing to remember is to bait, block, and punish. Also her Ultra can be punished with ex green hands.

Thanks for these tips. The bitch got close but I got her.

Takuan said:
Really enjoying Sagat, and I feel kind of bad for it because's he's such a monster of a character... but damn, he's fun!

I'm a Ryu Lifer, I'll live and die by his hadokens and shoryukens but I've been having thoughts lately of trying to learn Sagat to have a better chance against better players. I think the online play has definitely influenced these thoughts because I never cared what tier Ryu was before I always stuck with him whether it was 3rd Strike or Marvel vs Capcom 2....seriously.

FindMyFarms said:
vietnamazing

We play in the same local casuals. He knows a lot about her and her matchups. Just a warning though, bring your A game.

Can I add this guy? I want Cammy to be my alt for Guile, and I'm not quite there with her yet - Ken's getting a little saturated (still fun to play though).

Anything specific I should say in the friend req?

Edit: nvm

Killa Sasa said:
Can I add this guy? I want Cammy to be my alt for Guile, and I'm not quite there with her yet - Ken's getting a little saturated (still fun to play though).

Anything specific I should say in the friend req?

Edit: nvm

For sure dude, just say you're a friend of FindMyFarms from Buktooth's ranbat

Gutter Trash, GG's man! those draw games were crazy, we had so many, and the FIRST draw match I've ever had lol.

SonOfABeep said:
I played the best Honda I've ever seen tonight. The guy was a beast. I'm no scrub with Chun (I'm no pro either) but the dude wiped the floor with me - went about 4-14.

Helps he was the first good Honda i've seen, but it was a blast to play a non-shoto or Thai player.

Um, have you played gutter trash lol?

The guy's tag is Helps ?

PSN or XBL?

FindMyFarms said:
For sure dude, just say you're a friend of FindMyFarms from Buktooth's ranbat

Gutter Trash, GG's man! those draw games were crazy, we had so many, and the FIRST draw match I've ever had lol.

So it is buktooth... I'm going to get my ass kicked :lol.

GGs FindMyFarms
fuck those cross-ups ! LOL Honda's Anti-Airs suck bullocks haha

the first Double KO was funny,
but then in that other match where the other Double KO resulted into a DRAW
muhuhuhuhahaha that was the icing on the cake

RevenantKioku

Was that you I was playing, gutter_trash? (Koji-chan here)
Good games! I heard you say "Ultra" after I did the Saving Attack but I was like, nope, I will wiff as always. :(

Kccitystar

I played against a Zangief tonight with Rose and got destroyed. I didn't care because I was laughing throughout the entire fight. The reason? This:

swwshi.jpg

:lol

finally got my TE-stick for PS3. after my bad luck and broken saturn pad i had to go and get an SE-stick.

but now with the TE.... i know what a happy panda is.

CPS2

Augemitbutter said:
finally got my TE-stick for PS3. after my bad luck and broken saturn pad i had to go and get an SE-stick.

but now with the TE.... i know what a happy panda is.

Is that from LizardLick or somewhere else? Just curious as to when the play-asia orders start shipping.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Kccitystar said:
I played against a Zangief tonight with Rose and got destroyed. I didn't care because I was laughing throughout the entire fight. The reason? This:

:lol
ze red cyclone :eek:

Got my SE stick yesterday, can't say that it helped me. Got a really hard time getting the motion for ultras right. It usually ends up in cannon spikes (I main Cammy). I'm thinking it might be because of the square gate, it just seems a octogate would be better for the motions in the game.

poserdonut said:
Got my SE stick yesterday, can't say that it helped me. Got a really hard time getting the motion for ultras right. It usually ends up in cannon spikes (I main Cammy). I'm thinking it might be because of the square gate, it just seems a octogate would be better for the motions in the game.

it just takes time, although some do prefer the octagon gate. but as of now i've completely adapted to the square gate and find octagon gates to be harder to use. but in the end it's all preference, just give it some time though.

anyone wanna play on PSN?

Top Bottom