• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Surprise that C Viper is not that popular. I counted 3 C.Viper fights so far online since launch.
all that PP canceling stuff buffery foofoo stuff is enough to keep people away from her, too unorthodox for most (including me)

heck, I play Gen but I cant get Viper's P+P canceling from Knuckle and Floor Punch , like what? and why?

TimeKillr

Won said:
Well you say that now, but we will see what actually happens during the fight!

...but I probably won't be on tonight. Need to cool down a bit.

See, you chicken out as well! :)

But yeah. I don't really play that way at all, so it'll be fun.

Ploid 3.0

Has anyone started a SF4 chat room on ps3? If so find a way to invite me so I can drop in and ask if anyone want to play sf4 now and then. If not, it's instant and we won't need to bug the offline forum thread. Let's round up some sf4'ers, and don't delete the link to the room. Keep it just log out if you need.

So after playing Garou the other day, I just found out why everyone calls the new characters snk rip offs. C. Viper's tk feints to land more normals is EXACTLY like the universal feints in garou. Abel's wheel kick is just like Terry's, etc. etc.

Though Garou did rip the parry from SF3 pretty blatantly.

Threi

notag
Shinjitsu said:
At least your choosing not to use it, I keep fucking porting instead of doing his ultra.=/
don't get me started on that...

but apparently the trick is to finish on forward-up

seriously this DP shortcut is annoying as hell sometimes...

Ploid 3.0 said:
Abel = Sean kick.
Speaking of nicknames why is Abel's Change of Direction called rekka? Is it just because its a chain like Fei Long's?

Ploid 3.0

FindMyFarms said:
So after playing Garou the other day, I just found out why everyone calls the new characters snk rip offs. C. Viper's tk feints to land more normals is EXACTLY like the universal feints in garou. Abel's wheel kick is just like Terry's, etc. etc.

Abel = Sean kick.

FindMyFarms said:

the ass whooping you gave to me last night with your cammy made me cry, fucking beastly.

Threi said:
MicVlad hold your dictator-beating ambition until after i get back ok?
I can only connect one machine at a time to the Internet, FYI. But yeah, we'll play (hopefully without the random lag spikes) next time.

bob_arctor said:
McVlad,
GG's--a total ass whippin pretty much. Your Lism had me completely baffled. *sigh*
I'd like to think I kind of knew what to expect against Gouken, since I know some of his basic stuff and when he's vulnerable for a bit (I used to play him for a short while).

You were however very prone to being grabbed, so you might want to work on that. I was going a little overboard with that during our matches...

ant1532 said:
anyone wanna play on live?

add me - MidnghtMaraudar
You should send a Friends Request to GAF SFIV 2 (Friends of Friends list) if you want to play against GAFers more often. I didn't create it mind you; firehawk did.

Snapshot King said:
Ah jeez. For anybody who wants to know, that was me XD

I'M THE DRUNK ONE.
I KNEW those character specific rantings sounded familiar! ;p And that particular Zangief color basically confirmed it.

Augemitbutter said:
finally got my TE-stick for PS3. after my bad luck and broken saturn pad i had to go and get an SE-stick.

but now with the TE.... i know what a happy panda is.

i've ordered within germany.
Which store did you order it from? I've ordered mine from a German online shop after some recommendations, and they still (allegedly) haven't heard anything from MadCatz regarding their own stick shipments. :[

Rice-Eater said:
Kind of off topic, but I've been noticing people constantly talking about playing the old 2D fighters over GGPO. I've been thinking about buying some games at Gametap, will it work with GGPO? If not then where can I obtain games like 3rd Strike legally so I can play online?
Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection for Xbox. It's backwards compatible on the 360 and the netcode's pretty solid too. Not too many people playing online anymore though, and the ones that do are usually very skillful.

_dementia said:
Yeah... I actually notice slowdown on some Ultras (like FeiLong's) on 360.
The PS3 version dynamically drops to sub-HD resolutions during Ultra cutscenes to maintain 60 fps.

Sounds like the dude is misinformed.
Dhalsim's Ultra + Super equal severe slowdown as well. Both off- and online. Arguably the worst framerate drop in the game.

FindMyFarms said:
Actually you did pretty good w/ blanka. Pick a main!

i was sitting there telling myself " don't blanka ball he'll counter with an ultra, don't blanka ball he'll counter with an ultra" and what do i do!?!?! fucking blanka ball, blocked, counter ultra, game over. and i'm sitting there telling myself " why the fuck did i do that!!!?!?!?" :D

Threi

notag
Amazing what teleport and skull diver can do to my (still crappy) game.

I just need to get the teleport-while-still-holding-a-charge trick down.

I finally feel confident enough to play serious matches with Cammy :D amazing what taking some time off, rest and practice can do for you. I'm knowledgeable enough with Guile, Ken and Cammy now that every match is winnable; may have to pick up Abel in a couple weeks so I've become competent with all the blondes, but I'm horawful with grapplers, plus he doesn't really have an anti air :'(

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Are we thinking about the same Abel?

if abel has a reliable antiair, i'd like to know what it is. as far as i can tell, falling sky is only reliable as a combo ender. stand mk, crouch mk, and crouch hp can all be situationally effective, but you risk losing outright to jump-ins and eating big combos. ex cod is good at the right distance. wheel kick is good if you anticipate a jump. i mainly find myself blocking or rolling against jump-ins, and i struggle with players who realize they can jump at my abel all day (and sometimes scrubs who would jump at anyone all day :/)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
besiktas1 said:
Anyone want to play? I'll be on for an hour

Send me and invite XBL GT: Demirel
You break my heart, good sir.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Won said:
Man I really need to quit playing Fuerte. 9 out of 10 player switch in "retard mode" as soon I hit them once. They completely abandon all their moves and keep jumping backwards no matter what. -.-

If people are jumping backwards on your Fuerte, start running to them, stop as soon as you get in range for a press/throw, and as soon as they jump, do your anti-air throw. It gets them every single time. Once they eat enough of those, they'll be scared to jump backwards, and will either stand and block or jump up.

dfyb

Banned
Oichi said:
If people are jumping backwards on your Fuerte, start running to them, stop as soon as you get in range for a press/throw, and as soon as they jump, do your anti-air throw. It gets them every single time. Once they eat enough of those, they'll be scared to jump backwards, and will either stand and block or jump up.
to add to this -- you can buff the dragon punch motion inside your run. while running, do dragon punch stick motion, then press LP to cancel run and immediately press whichever kick you want

playing as fuerte can still be a pain though. it's basically a big game of rock paper scissors.

Won

Oichi said:

Oh I know the tricks. The thing that annoys me is the fact that they don't learn. I can eat them with 20 leg throws, but they don't adjust anymore. They "learn" standing on the ground = bad and then their RAM is filled up it seems. :lol

GGs Threi

As you can see, Balrog is the only one I can link Ultras with reliably.

Bison is still my worst matchup with Viper.

Anyway, after whiffing 100% with Viper against you, I took down a decent Ryu in the final round by linking FP TK to Ultra from midscreen in ranked.

I think I'll retire for the night

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
GGs Threi

As you can see, Balrog is the only one I can link Ultras with reliably.

Bison is still my worst matchup with Viper.

Anyway, after whiffing 100% with Viper against you, I took down a decent Ryu in the final round by linking FP TK to Ultra from midscreen in ranked.

I think I'll retire for the night
I won't lie those were some serious whiffs :lol

but if the timing is improved you will be pretty damn scary to fight against...

i mistimed a couple charge attacks with bison though :(

after headstomp block its supposed to go skull diver > c.hp > c.lk xx scissors and i missed the scissors a couple times

into practice mode i guess :D

blackadde

hey fmf good games ... are you mashing jab during blockstrings or what? i am so used to eating combos in 3s when do you that that i'm hesitant to try hitting anything during block.

besiktas1

Just like to thank RevenantKioku, very nice guy and had some great games with him. Hope to play with you soon.

My Blanka/Sagat vs. His Sakura/Rose

Oh and my first gaf matchup overall score: Very Good! Would love to do again!

Threi said:
I won't lie those were some serious whiffs :lol

but if the timing is improved you will be pretty damn scary to fight against...

i mistimed a couple charge attacks with bison though :(

after headstomp block its supposed to go skull diver > c.hp > c.lk xx scissors and i missed the scissors a couple times

into practice mode i guess :D

cool, once you learn that I can't wait for

Your Dictator: tell me how my dictate (dick taste)
My Viper: mfmmph
Your Dictator: lol

I should train too :/
I need it desperately more.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
That double KO match was ridiculous. Good fun, good fun.
Grifter, invite sent. If you're in the middle of some games, I can wait a bit as I've got a bit of studying to do. Waiting in the lobby. Or, if anyone else is down lemme know, kojikun on XBL.

Grifter

Oh, that was you? I thought some random dude from Japan sent me an invite and I was going WTF with the lag and all but I'll come back for a few if you're on.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
does anyone besides AI have tournament videos with good commentary? Watching SF4 matches is a billion times more entertaining with commentary.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
MicVlaD said:
I'd like to think I kind of knew what to expect against Gouken, since I know some of his basic stuff and when he's vulnerable for a bit (I used to play him for a short while).

You were however very prone to being grabbed, so you might want to work on that. I was going a little overboard with that during our matches...

Yeah, playing a Dhalsim, especially a really good one, is a little like figuring out advanced Calculus for me. Lost and befuddled something awful. On getting thrown--it has always been a problem for me since even SNES SF to be honest. At least by slide>throw #5678, I was teching them. A little. :D

So we gotta play again, even if it bores the shit outta you. I'm on a mini-vacation and will be back online tomorrow night.

RevenantKioku

Grifter said:
Oh, that was you? I thought some random dude from Japan sent me an invite and I was going WTF with the lag and all but I'll come back for a few if you're on.
Yeah, haha. Good games. Well, rather, good kicking of my ass. Nice to play against different characters though.

RevenantKioku

So, I'm Sakura. I jump and someone jumps into me. What has even the slightest possibility of hitting instead of me getting junked to the face like I do 99% of the time?

robot

Jumped back into this after a few weeks of hiatus. I must be far behind on BP, i was winning around 90 a match (seems like the avg right now is 2k, i was 400 when I started today). Also looks like a lot of Kens replaced by Sagats. Fought 6 out of the 10 matches.

If anyone wants to play (and isn't insanely awesome) feel free to add my to your 360 friend list (pepperjack).

Side note - any outfit packs worth picking up? I mostly use Bison but dont think I've seen his alt costume.

Ploid 3.0

Bob White said:
gaf psn chat link?

Oops sorry. Sent.

Bananafriends is crazy. When he start a combo is lights out.

If anyone else need a link to the psn sf4 room let us know. If we're on your flist we can send a link.

Top Bottom