• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lince

Banned
I really need an arcade stick to play the game properly, the DS3 is just cutting the fun in half... would you please have a look at this stick and tell me whether that's a good one and PC compatible ?

http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=058911

058911.jpg

"Madcatz Arcade Fighting Stick Tournament Edition SFIV : Playstation 3"

yay? nay?

MicVlaD said:
Which store did you order it from? I've ordered mine from a German online shop after some recommendations, and they still (allegedly) haven't heard anything from MadCatz regarding their own stick shipments. :[

local store. they got two, one was for me. also have two amazon pre-orders open, but they keep delaying them. nothing new.

Lince: its one of the best sticks, get it! also works on your PC.

Ploid 3.0

akachan ningen said:
do you mean the room in home?

No the PSN SF4 Gaf chat room. I think FindMyFarms made it. It was a good lobby for gaf sf4 games. I even did a quarter match in it (took turns with people best 2 of 3 fights).

Edit: Nvm it's up still. I thought the error I got meant it was deleted.

CPS2

Lince said:
I really need an arcade stick to play the game properly, the DS3 is just cutting the fun in half... would you please have a look at this stick and tell me whether that's a good one and PC compatible ?

058911.jpg

yay? nay?

I have one of those and it is quite good sir.

In fact I'd be skeptical of shops who claim to have them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great matches with Seiken yesterday.
He pretty much kicked my ass. (tough when he loses he get mad :D )

Chorazin

FindMyFarms said:
Calling on GAF Balrog Army

How do you deal w/ crossups? I just played a Bison user that was beasting on me and I couldn't stop his j.mk crossup. I did alright when I kept him out of crossup range, but whenever he got in and used his mixup, man it was ugly. Sometimes I could headbutt out of it, but then he'd empty jump and use cr. lp (and anything crouching beats headbutt *sigh*). Tried TAPing, sometimes I'd be able to escape, other times it would go in his direction and he'd continue crossing me up. Using st. mp seems kinda risky, but seems like my only option. What do you guys think?

Man, decent Bison players always beast on me hardcore. I don't fight him enough to get a solid handle on how to deal with his moves, and it seems like he can recover from specials quick as hell and block my punches, even quick Jab ones.

I really should sit down and learn Bison, that would help me get a handle on his shit.

Pop On Arrival said:
Well, shit. My PS3 just died on me. Yellow lights for a split second and then it just switches off. :/

Aww that sucks man. I've been there too. The best way to fix that is to borrow a friend's ps3 and don't return it.

Dizzy-4U

Can anyone send me an invite to the gafchat of SFIV? I'm at work right now, but I'll accept the invite as soon as I arrive. Thanks =)

PSN: Dizzy-4U

Threi

notag
still hungry for some SFIV :D

Gotta get more Dictator practise in tonight

*looks at madworld, house of the dead overkill, and RE5 on the shelf*

...nah SFIV tonight.

Chorazin

_dementia said:
Yeah, I haven't bought anything since SF4 because I didn't feel the need to.
Good on the wallet.

I hear ya. With SFIV and Gamefly I might not buy anything until KoFXII and BlazBlue this summer.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Another ragequitter. ii JNAS ii. I really need a digital camera so I can get these losers posted to the wall of shame.

toneroni

wow almost 200 hours now turtlesnatcher?! we gotta play again sometime. I've been trying out some new guys in player match so it won't just be shotos :lol. Your BP has been going up steadily after GDC, mines been stuck in neutral.
Its nice taking a break from ranked though, and I finally get to learn some new people.

I've been pretty much doing the same old SF2 combos with the old characters.
Time to go through challenge mode and finally learn how to play some new people!
Maybe I should finish unlocking them also! :D

Oh yeah picked up a TE stick also!!! SWEET, just when I was getting used to the 360 controller :lol
Per G35Twinturbos advice, Call your local GAMECRAZYs! (if you have one local)
Picked up one that wasn't saved for reserves.

So Guile turtling is hilarious.

I was playing some Dhalsims online and having a field day playing footsies and flash kicking them when they would try to teleport in front of me to throw or poke me. It was especially hilarious when they'd try to cross up with Ultra -----> teleport crossup -------> j.hp to try to pop me up and get the Ultra to hit, and instead they'd get Ultra flash kicked into oblivion. :lol

Still want to know more about Rose, though. What are Rose players using as anti air or overheads high enough to beat 'Gief lariats?

MoxManiac

captmcblack said:
So Guile turtling is hilarious.

I was playing some Dhalsims online and having a field day playing footsies and flash kicking them when they would try to teleport in front of me to throw or poke me. It was especially hilarious when they'd try to cross up with Ultra -----> teleport crossup -------> j.hp to try to pop me up and get the Ultra to hit, and instead they'd get Ultra flash kicked into oblivion. :lol

Still want to know more about Rose, though. What are Rose players using as anti air or overheads high enough to beat 'Gief lariats?

I don't know about AA but Rose's standing f+HK is a good tool against lariat.

Lince said:

058911.jpg

yay? nay?

I got one too this week. Great stick! The buttons are so sensitive!

And i love the 4 way square gate

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:

How do you deal w/ crossups? I just played a Bison user that was beasting on me and I couldn't stop his j.mk crossup. I did alright when I kept him out of crossup range, but whenever he got in and used his mixup, man it was ugly. Sometimes I could headbutt out of it, but then he'd empty jump and use cr. lp (and anything crouching beats headbutt *sigh*). Tried TAPing, sometimes I'd be able to escape, other times it would go in his direction and he'd continue crossing me up. Using st. mp seems kinda risky, but seems like my only option. What do you guys think?

This sounds kinda goofy, but you have to play better footsies and not even give him the chance to cross you up. It hard as Sagat too be on these defensive end like that and also being a big target doesnt make things any better. Bisons cross up is just too good and you really have to wait it out with most characters. If you see me in videos getting roasted by Bisons (1up game night) its becuase I had poor footsies and spacing. Im still learning the match but my footsies and poking is way better now and it shows in recent Bison matches ive played.. Not sure what tools to use as Balrog to keep him out but thats probably your best bet.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
SapientWolf said:
I played someone with 0 BP who didn't seem to comprehend the block function. It made me realize how hard it must be to try to learn how to play a fighting game these days. I hear this from everyone but I feel like it still needs to be repeated. Capcom really needs to make a comprehensive training mode for beginners.
It wouldn't help. A lot of people (well, douches really) doing that jump online first thing without looking at a movelist, a manual etc. A training mode won't stop this.

So I'm a pretty scrubby Cammy player and yesterday I discovered EX Hooligan for the first time. Holy fuck! That thing travels across the screen sooo fast. And nothing feels quite as good as EX Hooligan + Throw while Opponent in Air. I hooted and hollered after my first one of those so much. I finally feel like I have a huge arsenal especially for charge scrubs who love to pull back all the time. I'm using an analog stick so I only get it off maybe 50% of the time, but it's usually worth the trouble.

qcf x2

captmcblack said:

Yeah, forward + HK with a fireball game destroys Zangief. For anti-air unless you can bait the Soul Throw, use crouching FP. Usually at worst you'll trade hits. You can also do FP reflect but it's iffy.

Won

Holy shit at ranked tonight. It feels like the SFIV community waved the white flag and wrapped it around a japanese guy. I pretty much only fought Ryus today, even more than usual. :lol

Beardz

FindMyFarms said:

wakeup hp headbutt will make you escape, lp may hit him.

I rarely got crossedup, my main is boxer

Chorazin

Beardz said:
wakeup hp headbutt will make you escape, lp may hit him.

I rarely got crossedup, my main is boxer

Bad thing about the headbutt is it's pretty slow, if you're against a good player with a fast character they may catch you with a low attack on the crossup.

I'm a big fan of TAP for getting out of crossups.

Grifter

RevenantKioku said:
So, I'm Sakura. I jump and someone jumps into me. What has even the slightest possibility of hitting instead of me getting junked to the face like I do 99% of the time?

Use strong or short, great in the air.

I like to bait headbutts out of rog on crossup and nail him on landing. My buddy does TAP.

Ploid 3.0

Sanjay said:
Ploid 3.0 whats your psn and the chat room?

Ploid is my PSN, send a friend invite and I'll give you a invite link to the sf4 room. Oh also if you have BobWhite, or FindMyFarms on your flist just ask them for the link. I don't know the other people's gaf names.

kiryogi

Banned
Alright, havent played in a week or two. But im up for some. anyone on psn wanna go at it? I got a meh chun li

psn: kiryogi

Top Bottom