• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Mr Jared

I see Haunts already beat me to it :lol Yeah, Keystone Light's first Saturday stream begins in a little under 2 hours. Should be mighty interesting.

And huzzah for the bar fights being broadcasted. I couldn't justify flying to LA while I'm starting this new job.

Won

Zabka said:
Who were you playing as? I was getting slapped around all morning.

I'm Fuerte player. I run around with standard black costume just in case you played more than one Fuerte today (yeah..sure....no...).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry if this has been asked recently but there is any news on the patch?

Won

Stabby McSter said:
ugh i can't stand his commentary, but i can't help but watch :(

Well, he says what everyone else thinks during a match. At least he uploads his losses. Looks like he hasn't won anything in ages. :lol

MNC

That guy isn't on here, is he? Because god damn he sounds annoying and a bit full of himself, regarding that I was using a new character and he wasn't that good, etcetera.

Ploid 3.0

MIMIC said:
No, I mean I got it right but it didn't do shit against my opponent :lol

Most of the times I do it my opponent is caught off guard. Mostly because before I do it I'm hoping foward the match and when I'm ready to do it they think it's a normal hop foward to attack..

If there were lobbies...

Also, the keystone light stream has begun...

Speaking of chat...maybe when the PC version comes out...we can use Ventrillo to talk to one another...

Wonder how the framerate is going to be affected by having a high-end graphic card...

STG

somehow I lost...

sl65ab.jpg

:lol

Shinjitsu

Banned
There were some really good matches on the Keystone Light feed tonight.

A_Rival's chun beat Younglegend's Ryu in the final, but it was a really good match on both sides imo.

Very enjoyable, looking forward to next weekends feed!:D

Yeah...it was a good stream when it hit the semi's. Younglegend...looked like he didn't know what to do against A.Rival's Chun-Li. I never realized she was so potent with the low shorts/jabs into lightning legs. Whenever Legend would fireball...instant overhead... He didn't even headstomp him or use ultras all that much.

The Cannery Dojo is tonight.

MIMIC

Banned
Watching some Blanka videos and I had no idea that his EX Rainbow Roll was controllable. You can do a cross-up from the other side of the screen it seems.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Archie said:
Claw sucks. =\

Oooh you are gravely mistaken. Master the art of air grabbing, charging while doing attacks and the nice kick wake ups he has. Play with your foes as you move around the screen (speed and area of landing can be controlled with the stick).

I love playing as him. Its too much fun and best of all I consistently win.

some guy i beat today in ranked asked me if i got any points. my answer was: of course i did! later he asked me if i want to push BP with him, cause he knows a trick....

thats so sad :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I had fun today. Played tons of more skilled players and most of them can cancel FA like nothing. I still can't figure it out. How the hell do you start a FA and immediately get out of it dashing back or forth?

Akim

Banned
Kadey said:
I had fun today. Played tons of more skilled players and most of them can cancel FA like nothing. I still can't figure it out. How the hell do you start a FA and immediately get out of it dashing back or forth?

fast fingers I guess...I can't do it either

vertopci

Kadey said:

Double tap foward or back after you start the FA

Akim said:
fast fingers I guess...I can't do it either

If you can dash foward or back, you can do it

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I'm basically incapable of playing fighting games well but this really has my interest. Would you guys recommend it for a beginner?

Relix said:
Oooh you are gravely mistaken. Master the art of air grabbing, charging while doing attacks and the nice kick wake ups he has. Play with your foes as you move around the screen (speed and area of landing can be controlled with the stick).

I gotta disagree. Claw sucks. Bad anti air, bad footsies, wall dives get shut down by focus attacks, wake up game is PPP or KKK, worthless ultra. Air throw works about once a match (assuming the person you're playing doesn't suck.) He's also the only character that gets WORSE in a match (losing claw.)

I really wanna like him, because I LOVE playing him in casuals, but I have yet to see anyone win with him in a serious game. The only time its happened is when the other player either doesn't know the matchup, or is just completely outskilled.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Relix said:

Well I was trying to play him like the Super Turbo Claw and that wasn't working at all. :p

Haeleos

I just finished Gen hard trial 5 and man, I've never jumped out of my chair in excitement for a video game ever... but I thought that deserved it.

jdub03

Yeah I think I got adrenaline rushes everytime i was close to completing a really hard challenge. That SUCCESS sounded so sweat:lol .

GG to grifter tonight. His bison and his akuma were fierce. The Akuma vs seth matches were fun. I'm really getting the hang of these link combos.

KevinCow

Banned
Huh. I feel like I wasted the last two weeks practicing my Rufus, as I just found that I'm pretty much infinitely better with Honda.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
vertopci said:
Double tap foward or back after you start the FA

If you can dash foward or back, you can do it

There's the little detail that you still have to hold the buttons during the dashing. All this time I've been little it go. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

MIMIC

Banned
My brother was watching me as I tried to finish Chun-Li's final hard trial (for a whole hour and a half :lol) After every time I fucked up, he would say, "YOU AIN'T GONNA FINISH THAT!" He was watching me for so long that he helped me strategize timing her Ultra.

Watching all of the commands on the left turn red and when you hear "SUCCESS!" is oh so fucking satisfying. :)

Caj814

speaking of trial mode,anyone have tips on finishing Gens final Hard Trial combo?It's the last one I have left out of all characters and I keep missing the last 2 or 3 kicks every time I got to the final move :lol

Has anyone had a recently approved friend request to the GAF SFIV2 Xbox360 gamertag? I'm not sure where everyone is. I sent a friend request a few days ago, but still pending approval.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
KevinCow said:
Huh. I feel like I wasted the last two weeks practicing my Rufus, as I just found that I'm pretty much infinitely better with Honda.

Some matches you'll wish you had Rufus instead- such as Guile or Balrog.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
vega is annoying to fight with guile -- still not sure what to do against his walldives, and i don't see vega often enough to figure it out. with ryu i can just flowchart away

think i'm going to start learning a new character -- leaning towards boxer or rufus. was going to wait until my abel was decent, but that doesn't seem to be happening :(

drohne said:
vega is annoying to fight with guile -- still not sure what to do against his walldives, and i don't see vega often enough to figure it out. with ryu i can just flowchart away

think i'm going to start learning a new character -- leaning towards boxer or rufus. was going to wait until my abel was decent, but that doesn't seem to be happening :(

FA, dash towards him, throw. Landing a throw w/ his walldive is really hard on a grounded opponent, most people can't do it.

Xevren

drohne said:

I love air throwing Vega's as Guile when they wall dive, his priority on it is pretty sick.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
thanks, will try both of those things -- mainly i was just blocking or throwing out wishful flashkicks

Top Bottom