• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

qcf x2

bob_arctor said:
Ah, 3rd Strike, how I miss thee. Really gotta go back to this--wanna mess around with Elena. Just don't see how I'll have time though, especially when new KOF drops in July.

Elena FTW. I'd be pissed if I faced someone who plays her the way I do. :lol

360 warriors, I'm bumming it out today so if anyone wants to have a few matches check for usvi star on the gaf list.

toneroni

geez i notice i read this thread much more than I actually play. When i get back from work I usually just pop on some tv lol. Not sure if I hit 70 hours yet while turtlesnatcher probably hit 250! @_@
Gotta get some more games in and get used to playing with a stick.

Threi

notag
nakedsushi said:
Any tips on dealing with Abel's combo that starts with QCF+p, fp, fp? The one where he does 2 punches and then throws you by the legs?

Usually if I get hit on the 1st punch, it's all over and I can't avoid the throw.
1) if you are jumping and it lands than it counts as a knockdown. You will wind up on the defensive, but it won't connect for all the hits. Also, remember that the second hit is an overhead (unless they use low which is slow enough for you to hit back).

CoD is actually a really unsafe move (and yet i use it so much anyways)

Relix said:
THREI! LETS PLAY! XBOX VERSION!!!

Lord Relix is my GT!

im avoiding you on purpose >_>

>_>

So I just preordered BlazBlue and KoF12. I know it's off topic, but I was just wondering if any of the Street Fighter regulars here happen to have interest in those games.

Timedog - Ploid and I are on PSN

toneroni

The whole PSN/XBL no cross platform play is annoying. I'm not buying 2 copies of every good game! Pisses me off figuring out which one to get games on.

I bought all three versions...but that's cuz I collect every version of SF (almost). Though...I do wish I could just play whoever...

And are the online BP rankings based on console (since I've never checked)...or in total...like Daigo is #1...because he's not a terrible BP farmer but has skill...or is it...I'm a Bawx BP farmer...and I'm a P$n BP Farmer...

Anybody interested in that Street Fighter art book...playasia is selling? I want to buy it...but I have a feeling Udon will just bring it out in the U.S. later...which is what happened with the Eternal Challenge art book.

FoxSpirit

FindMyFarms said:
So I just preordered BlazBlue and KoF12. I know it's off topic, but I was just wondering if any of the Street Fighter regulars here happen to have interest in those games.

Sure, me. In Europe, though, so hardly any GAF play. That, and I'm not plowing through 500 pages to find the GAF usernames, I just recently got it -.-

toneroni

Spiderjericho said:
I bought all three versions...but that's cuz I collect every version of SF (almost). Though...I do wish I could just play whoever...

And are the online BP rankings based on console (since I've never checked)...or in total...like Daigo is #1...because he's not a terrible BP farmer but has skill...or is it...I'm a Bawx BP farmer...and I'm a P$n BP Farmer...

Anybody interested in that Street Fighter art book...playasia is selling? I want to buy it...but I have a feeling Udon will just bring it out in the U.S. later...which is what happened with the Eternal Challenge art book.
I was gonna keep my PS3 CE but didn't see the reason when I had the good controllers for xbox.
I think theyre gonna bring it out. I bought the other 3 artbooks already and would definitely get this one.

toneroni said:
geez i notice i read this thread much more than I actually play. When i get back from work I usually just pop on some tv lol. Not sure if I hit 70 hours yet while turtlesnatcher probably hit 250! @_@
Gotta get some more games in and get used to playing with a stick.

I must force myself on stick. I tell myself that every night but I never do..

:(

CO_Andy

Spiderjericho said:
No reason to buy it now. Who knows, Udon might toss in some HD Remix art lol.

"How do you earn Battle Points?

How do you do a EX Focus Attack?"

1) Win ranked online matches.

2) When doing a move, interrupt it by pressing mp+mk almost immediately.

Won

Looks like I'm never playing ranked again. Still only see 3 games max., all with one red bar and player matches can give you a good bit more variety from the roster.

Also no Zangiefs!

So far....

Won said:
Looks like I'm never playing ranked again. Still only see 3 games max., all with one red bar and player matches can give you a good bit more variety from the roster.

Also no Zangiefs!

So far....

Don't do quick match.

Custom Match is where it's at. It takes longer to have a list show up but you're far more likely to have a successful connection. And you can pick out the better connections. 3+ are totally fine.

Won

Omar Ismail said:
Don't do quick match.

Custom Match is where it's at. It takes longer to have a list show up but you're far more likely to have a successful connection. And you can pick out the better connections. 3+ are totally fine.

Ohh thats what I'm doing, I still only get 3 matches around prime time at the moment.
And hosting often gives me the same guy over and over. Just not more people available I guess.
You would think there are a million players in the 5000bp-6000bp range with all the disconnecters, but noooooo...:lol

KevinCow

Banned
Good games, Threi.

Stupid Abel and his stupid dashing combo attack that includes both an overhead and a leg attack and is impossible to break out of if you get hit with one, and can't be punished even if you do block it. :mad:

Stupid Bison and his stupid "GURHURRR, I'MMA JUST RANDOMLY FLIP ALL OVER THE FUCKING SCREEN SO YOU NEED TO BE SOME SORTA COKED UP MANIAC TO POSSIBLY REACT FAST ENOUGH TO BLOCK IT RELIABLY!" attack. And then there's his stupid dashing overhead and low attacks. :mad:

Stupid Threi and his stupid stupid characters, winning and stuff. :mad:

qcf x2

Man, I lost 500 BP today. It's like I just keep losing ranked matches, and not even to good players. I think once I get my BP back up to 4,000 I'm done playing ranked for good. Lag is a big, fat, smelly bitch! I love losing because someone just hit jumping HK --> sweep and I couldn't counter because the game kept pausing/skipping...heaven forbid I try to do a feint/cancel with Viper...EX move comes out and wastes meter/leaves me open or I get a beautiful low medium punch....and then losing 100 pts on top of that.

:lol

Player Matches ftw

I ran into a ridiculously good Ryu yesterday and man, that was the first time I really felt how fucking unbelievably dangerous his ultra could be. I shat fucking bricks when he hit me with his super and IMMEDIATELY did his ultra and it fucking hit. I was like :OOOOOOOOOOO

I also couldn't afford to make a single fucking mistake or I would eat a fucking dp -> fadc -> ultra every goddamn fucking time. Playing with the guy was a blast and it truly made me appreciate my Chun li that much more, because I realized how much I sucked with Sagat and Boxer when i played him, only my Chun stood a chance. Final tally was like 23-15 or something, and most of my wins came from when he switched things up and used someone else.

Fucking Japanese players.

Mileena

Banned
qcf x2 said:
Man, I lost 500 BP today. It's like I just keep losing ranked matches, and not even to good players. I think once I get my BP back up to 4,000 I'm done playing ranked for good. Lag is a big, fat, smelly bitch! I love losing because someone just hit jumping HK --> sweep and I couldn't counter because the game kept pausing/skipping...heaven forbid I try to do a feint/cancel with Viper...EX move comes out and wastes meter/leaves me open or I get a beautiful low medium punch....and then losing 100 pts on top of that.

:lol

Player Matches ftw
If the match is laggy just leave. I'm not going to lose BP because of lag, I don't care how much hate mail I get.

Dartastic

Awww, poor Cammy.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

To be fair, I did send him a message calling him a bitch. :lol I'm just sick of people dropping on me!

Played some ranked

Tired of losing with Viper

Switched to Rog

Gained a bunch of BP

Switch back to Viper with newfound confidence

Lost it all again.

It's so much easier to win with the fellow, but I dunno I just hate Balrog.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Had a guy (local playing online) keep calling me lucky today, cause of my narrow escapes.
One was throwing him when his ultra was about to hit me, and the throw animation ends just as the Ultra disappears, and some funky Sim hitbox abuse.

I so wanted to say it wasn't luck, but that would get him mad. I know that if you're in the middle of throwing someone, you can't be hit by anything. Was using that.

Thinking about starting to pick up Akuma as a 4th char now as well (other three are Chun, Honda , and Rose)

FindMyFarms said:

KOF12 is a definite for me, Blazblue will be determined by this one question:

Do I like Carl enough to bother putting up with ArcSys?

FindMyFarms said:

KoF12 - yessss, right away x 100.

BlazBlue - not so much.

Threi

notag
KevinCow said:
Good games, Threi.

Stupid Abel and his stupid dashing combo attack that includes both an overhead and a leg attack and is impossible to break out of if you get hit with one, and can't be punished even if you do block it. :mad:

Stupid Bison and his stupid "GURHURRR, I'MMA JUST RANDOMLY FLIP ALL OVER THE FUCKING SCREEN SO YOU NEED TO BE SOME SORTA COKED UP MANIAC TO POSSIBLY REACT FAST ENOUGH TO BLOCK IT RELIABLY!" attack. And then there's his stupid dashing overhead and low attacks. :mad:

Stupid Threi and his stupid stupid characters, winning and stuff. :mad:
if it makes you feel better i got my ass kicked right after by a dude with a crazy sick viper/rose :lol

the world is balanced again.

_dementia said:
Played some ranked

Switched to Rog

Gained a bunch of BP

Lost it all again.

Join the dark side.

We give out red hats and purple magic cookies :D

iam220

ok wtf, so I finally get around to attempting to unlock gouken. I set it on easiest, get 4 ultra finishes and a Perfect. Fight gouken, beat him, and he doesn't get unlocked! What the hell!?

FindMyFarms said:

I'll eventually be getting both. Fuck the BlazBlue haters! :lol

qcf x2

Threi said:
if it makes you feel better i got my ass kicked right after by a dude with a crazy sick viper/rose :lol

Those were fun if you're referring to "usvi star". Bison's standing kicks of death and corner cross-ups were driving me crazy at the beginning, lol. And you were pretty good at blocking my cross ups with Viper.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Won said:

Also no Zangiefs!

So far....

This is why I strictly play Player Matches, I stopped playing Ranked the instant the US got the game - back when I had it a week early and it was only Japan & EU only, no Ken flood, Ranked matches were a no-quitting, easy-to-find matches haven...

After that, it seemed like it took forever to find a match using the filter on Stability, and all of the results were red bars only... and when you finally get into a match, you get the highly-probable chance that the guy will quit out on you like a pussy...

Not to say Player matches don't have their quitters, but they hardly ever show - two nights ago I went 44-8 on a guy (the losses came from characters I don't main) who mostly used Gouken in a turtle way, but he tried his damndest till he quit the last match after he started doing totally random stuff, most likely out of frustration...

KevinCow

Banned
iam220 said:
ok wtf, so I finally get around to attempting to unlock gouken. I set it on easiest, get 4 ultra finishes and a Perfect. Fight gouken, beat him, and he doesn't get unlocked! What the hell!?
Same thing happened to me. You have to beat the game with Akuma first.

Skilotonn said:
Not to say Player matches don't have their quitters, but they hardly ever show - two nights ago I went 44-8 on a guy (the losses came from characters I don't main) who mostly used Gouken in a turtle way, but he tried his damndest till he quit the last match after he started doing totally random stuff, most likely out of frustration...
Wow, that guy's got way more persistence than me. :lol

I start getting REALLY pissed off at about 5-10 straight losses. I'd probably quit at 15-20.

I really hate when people kick me out when I'm losing. No! Screw you! We keep playing until I win or until I quit, dammit!

Threi said:

Join the dark side.

We give out red hats and purple magic cookies :D
these cookies are delicious

Dreavus

I think I've got to work on my approaches. Usually I just sit about a character distance away, punish jump-in's with a c. HP, and look for a chance to jump in myself and combo. I work in the occasional poke but they almost always just get blocked anyway.

I've tried dashing in close, among other things, but i usually just get hit by a jab or something and that pushes me back out.

I mean when I can get a jump-in combo off it's great, but if a player knows what they're doing it's really hard to catch them with one other than on a cross-up. Maybe I gotta use FA more or something...

EDIT: sorry, I play as Sakura.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
Holy fuck Taunting is amazing

such a psychological effect on the opponent
bubu you have to be past a certain skill threshold to use the taunt command!

its awesome aint it

KevinCow

Banned
Dreavus said:
I think I've got to work on my approaches. Usually I just sit about a character distance away, punish jump-in's with a c. HP, and look for a chance to jump in myself and combo. I work in the occasional poke but they almost always just get blocked anyway.

I've tried dashing in close, among other things, but i usually just get hit by a jab or something and that pushes me back out.

I mean when I can get a jump-in combo off it's great, but if a player knows what they're doing it's really hard to catch them with one other than on a cross-up. Maybe I gotta use FA more or something...
Who do you play as?

_dementia said:
Holy fuck Taunting is amazing

such a psychological effect on the opponent

Haha, yeah I use taunt when playing ranked matches. I usually use it against turtling players, it really seems to piss them off and they start losing their game. Specially dictators who are much more effective turtling.

My first "hate mail" actually came from some Ken uses that used his ultra as a last resort for winning, I taunted him as he landed and slapped him for the victory. What I got was "Yeah, you're so good, fa****"

I finally reached 3000 BP today. I started playing online on Sunday for the first time (after getting waxed by Moxey). I hope to reach 4,000 BP. I play with Ryu...but I get tired of the mirror matches...Kens...Akumas...Sagats...

I've been playing SF since 1988 and using Ryu...but damn...even I'm tired of him.

I noticed my biggest concerns are playing unfamiliar characters like Blanka (with his b.s.), Claw, Gouken, Viper, Rufus, Chunners, etc. The key to getting BP quickly is just to play with those characters as everyone will be off guard...from playing RyuKen all day.

Everything everyone is saying...Ken love fest, disconnects, lag, BP farmers (30,000 BP in online matches....ziggan please).

Also...wtf...Ken? Why not Sagat? He does ridiculous damage and has sick combos and pressure. I was like holy crap when someone hit me with the ex high tiger and juggled with the low roundhouse tiger... Plus...he has that wicked kick that you can do the ultra after...

And I'm buying Blazblue and KOFXII. I'll probably end up only playing KOF though...as Blazblue requires a Doctorate to play.

Dreavus

I just had a bit of an odd encounter.

A Ken player was getting the better of me for a few matches, but when the third round came... he disconnected? Even though he was clearly winning.

A few minutes later I get some hate mail! :lol

What, people who PURPOSEFULLY disconnect aren't enough for this guy, so he makes HIMSELF angry? This is too much! :lol :lol

(unless of course it was a genuine network issue, but there wasn't much lag before then so it's hard to say.)

CO_Andy

_dementia said:
Played some ranked

Switched to Rog

Gained a bunch of BP

Lost it all again.

Rog, Bison, Blanka... game needs some serious Sirlin retuning (even if i don't agree with some changes he wants to make).

Ronabo

yeb destroyed me tonight.

He must be some silent secretive hermit, as he never talked to me even though he had a mic. Nor did he send me a reply to me telling him how well he kicked my ass. :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
CO_Andy said:
Rog, Bison, Blanka... game needs some serious Sirlin retuning (even if i don't agree with some changes he wants to make).

Maybe the problem lies not with the characters, but with the players. :p

Top Bottom