• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

dfyb

Banned
i too was impressed with your vid, ploid. you were more docile when i played you. that might have also been due to the matchup though :p

dfyb

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
The GAFChat echos only the sounds of silence. :(
i don't want to play anyone until i'm at least in the loser's bracket for the tourny :lol. i don't want to spoil my tricks.

after that, i'll probably play people almost exclusively from GAFchat.

MIMIC

Banned
Blanka is the anti-Viper :lol I played this guy that was a REALLY good Viper (whenever I was open, I got combo-linked into supers and all that jazz). I could tell that he was trying to change his strategy. Each match was something a little different. He got lucky and beat me twice (whenever I did something stupid). I beat him 6 straight times.

Then he picked Balrog and beat ME 6 straight times. :lol He probably knew that Balrog owns Blanka and was frustrated enough to do it. In the end, it was 9-8 me. Couldn't let him have a winning record over me =p

Oh, and has anyone ever had Viper's Ultra hit, and then miss the next few hits and then you have to navigate the 3-D environment from down below? That was...weird.

dfyb

Banned
MIMIC said:
Oh, and has anyone ever had Viper's Ultra hit, and then miss the next few hits and then you have to navigate the 3-D environment from down below? That was...weird.
yeah but i don't think the camera changed...

Ploid 3.0

There's no focus, they're better off making Gaf KZ2 chat, and other things. I spend too much time focusing on SF4 chat if I'm able to play a game. Maybe more people need the link to Gaf chat.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
arg. ranked is so annoying, I say I want to fight people better than me but all I get is people sub-1k. :(

When I'm perfecting two fights in a row there is something wrong. and I'm only collecting like 50BP at best, mostly 1BP :(

I was pretty impressed, ploid. Yeah, FindMyFarms is disgusting, but he mainly beat you by capitalizing more on the opportunities he had. It's not like he had you locked down in a corner until the match was over.

EraldoCoil said:
GAF Chat = the best thing to happen to street fighter 4 :D

GAF CHAT REPRESENT!!!!!

take that 360 players!!! *karate chop*

You forgot the run away after karate chop part!

YA I WENT THERE WUT

I've liked Machida since day one

I like spoilers

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
join then mafakka! It's just me and seiken at this point.

edit: Fuuuuu... seiken beasted me. I nearly had him the first fight, but then he preceded to barely let me have any rounds in the following matches. Guile is mean, mean dude.

How am I supposed to approach him when he sonic booms for space and when I pass it with a TAP or headbutt he kicks me with a fierce kick?

Brobzoid said:
join then mafakka! It's just me and seiken at this point.

edit: Fuuuuu... seiken beasted me. I nearly had him the first fight, but then he preceded to barely let me have any rounds in the following matches. Guile is mean, mean dude.

How am I supposed to approach him when he sonic booms for space and when I pass it with a TAP or headbutt he kicks me with a fierce kick?

FADC or trick him into doing something. I'm starting to hate guiles lately, his air throw has too much range.

37523__x_streetfighteryuri.jpg

no matter what character i pick, a half decent zangief has always a good chance of beating me. sometimes just a sliver of his health is enough to completely obliterate my full bar in seconds. and everything looks so simple, and probably is :lol

what a weirdo.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What's the ETA on the PC version? Someone stole my copy on the 360 (my GF's father of all people...that asshole).

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what's the current state of the rumored patch? Is there one actually coming out? Where are people getting this info from?

CPS2

catfish said:
what's the current state of the rumored patch? Is there one actually coming out? Where are people getting this info from?

Info comes from the Japanese SF4 blog. It should be out soon, apparently it was nearly finished and they were about to submit it to Sony and Microsoft, this was about a week ago...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
UC1 said:
Info comes from the Japanese SF4 blog. It should be out soon, apparently it was nearly finished and they were about to submit it to Sony and Microsoft, this was about a week ago...

This is interesting. Any tips on what it might include?

I've been looking to get some practice in, anybody want to a play a few practice matches? I play dictator and (at times) fuerte. I'm still relatively new to dictator and have been practicing against my friend's boxer (which is nasty btw) but I need to play against other ppl to give and or receive advice

Gamertag: Diztrutked

Send me a friend request gaffers!!!

Won't be home for a few hours, but anyone that doesn't have me on their PSN and wants to fight a pretty decent Guile and streaky Cammy, you can add me (PSN is Killasasa).

Seiken, I'd like to go against your Guile and see how I measure up ;) There's always something to be learned in mirror matches.

KevinCow

Banned
diztrukted said:
I've been looking to get some practice in, anybody want to a play a few practice matches? I play dictator and (at times) fuerte. I'm still relatively new to dictator and have been practicing against my friend's boxer (which is nasty btw) but I need to play against other ppl to give and or receive advice

Gamertag: Diztrutked

Send me a friend request gaffers!!!
I'll send you a request later. Hopefully you don't utterly obliterate me like the last Dictator I played.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I want good players please =(. Don't wanna sound arrogant, but I do want to fight some of the higher end people =/.

XBL Gamertag: Lord Relix.

CPS2

Relix said:
This is interesting. Any tips on what it might include?

Some kind of new ranking mode and a new replay mode. Doesn't seem to be too much else confirmed. I can't even find any links at the moment =/

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ploid 3.0 said:
My first battle of the GAFchat tournament. FindMyFarms was brutal, forgive me team 5.

WTF? Do you have the japanese version or something? Ryu's voice sounds way cooler than he does on my version.

Also, is this on PSN or LIVE? I NEED to fight that Ryu.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
UC1 said:
Some kind of new ranking mode and a new replay mode. Doesn't seem to be too much else confirmed. I can't even find any links at the moment =/

No lobbies or tournament that you know of? Man lobbies would make SF4 perfect :lol

MoxManiac

Timedog said:
WTF? Do you have the japanese version or something? Ryu's voice sounds way cooler than he does on my version.

You do know you can turn on japanese voices in all versions of the game right?

Threi

notag
seriously though we need a gafchat or something for 360 users...maybe its me but it seems like the 360 interest is starting to die off :(

:( :( :(

D:

oh btw dude with the gouken i played yesterday: daaaamn you (for being good)

i really need to work on my approach though, it seems to fall into one of 3 categories:

a) Headstomp/Devil's Reverse wierdness
b) dash forward + S.HK OF ULTIMATE DOOM
c) uh....jump in mk?

seriously any Dictator users write down some tips pleeease. SRK forums has so many that i try to adapt them all and wind up doing completely stupid shit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MoxManiac said:

You do know you can turn on japanese voices in all versions of the game right?

Yeah, I have my Ryu set to Japanese. I didn't know the in match voices changed.

Threi said:
seriously though we need a gafchat or something for 360 users...maybe its me but it seems like the 360 interest is starting to die off :(

:( :( :(

D:
Is the FOF list dead?

I can only play 2 or 3 nights a week because of work and school.

TBH, I'm thinking about getting the PS3 version because now that more of my IRL friends are buying the game it's split about 50/50 per platform and I own that delicious Virtua Stick High Grade.

Any tips on dealing with Abel's combo that starts with QCF+p, fp, fp? The one where he does 2 punches and then throws you by the legs?

Usually if I get hit on the 1st punch, it's all over and I can't avoid the throw.

Ferrio

Banned
nakedsushi said:
Any tips on dealing with Abel's combo that starts with QCF+p, fp, fp? The one where he does 2 punches and then throws you by the legs?

Usually if I get hit on the 1st punch, it's all over and I can't avoid the throw.

If the first punch hits, it's inescapable. If you block then you can counter between the hits.

Jason

nakedsushi said:

If I'm quick enough I can jump straight up to avoid the throw.

Threi said:

The FOF list is perfect. But you have to be part of a few, just being part of the GAF SIV 2 list isn't very good. I found the SSF2HDR list to be very active and usually send requests from there.

Personally, I play an hour or two a night so feel free to hit me up with a Friend Request. gamertag: rastex.

I play Gouken, and at 3700BP.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
drmcclin said:
someone plz add me to the Gafchat??

PSN: FlashFlooder

Easy wins for everyone!
Add me on psn: slayn777 as a friend, and I will add you tonight if no one else has.

same goes for anyone else, if you want on psn gafchat, you need to add me (or someone else already on gafchat) as a friend before they can add you.

Won

Arde5643 said:
Hi Won, is your xbl gamer tag Won Tollo?

It seems everytime I play you, you never use Fuerte - I thought you use Fuerte... o_0

You may have noticed that my standard Street Fighter skills are extemly lacking. So I try to avoid Fuerte at the moment and get in some time with other chars online. It is going nowhere at the moment, but...maybe one day I will understand the game mechanics.

Starting to get a hang of all the jabbing....man the game can be ridiculous stupid, if it turns into Street Jabber....

Arde5643

Won said:
You may have noticed that my standard Street Fighter skills are extemly lacking. So I try to avoid Fuerte at the moment and get in some time with other chars online. It is going nowhere at the moment, but...maybe one day I will understand the game mechanics.

Starting to get a hang of all the jabbing....man the game can be ridiculous stupid, if it turns into Street Jabber....
Ah ok, just let me know when you want to train again next time - my tag's mailarde.

Top Bottom