• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
n3ss said:
This feature is DLC. I don't think its a tracking issue, its a server space issue. There are several ranking systems implemented into the game, I'm sure it'll be using one of them to base who gets to upload videos or not. I can't believe people are complaining about this.

Server space issue ? They have been milking the hell out of the franchise like no other, they should put some of that money to use.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
5K Videos is a lot of space.. there are currently maybe 20 top players in the whole country right now... of course that will increase but if you cant get into the top 5k then that really says something..sorry.. :(

I am curious what criteria they will sue to determine a top player tho..

diffusionx

Gold Member
n3ss said:
But you talking about a limited space here, and whats the point of having that limited space filled with low quality play, if I want to see that I'd sign on to xbl and play a random person...

Why should limited space be an issue here? You're not actually uploading and download hundred meg videos, or at least I hope you're not. Most replays are just small files with codes for button inputs. Make that, with a few more codes for damage output (if it is sort of random like in SSF2T), and there you go. It really shouldn't be limited by storage space.

Capcom could easily only allow the "video browser" to top level players, and let people look at each other's scrubby BS by going directly to that person's "player video page". So I can go to my friend's page to watch him take 10 tries to do a 3 hit combo but the rest of the world can't without knowing his name.

Or give server space to the top players for free, charge for everyone else, or just charge for everyone, or give out 1 video for free then charge for more, etc. There's plenty of ways to do this.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
n3ss said:
This feature is DLC. I don't think its a tracking issue, its a server space issue. There are several ranking systems implemented into the game, I'm sure it'll be using one of them to base who gets to upload videos or not. I can't believe people are complaining about this.

Yeah, I can't believe everyone who buys the game may want to use the feature too. Sucks.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
darkressurection said:
Bah gamestop is telling me that the sticks won't be in until next week with the game

Which sticks? My Standard Edition order from Barnes&Noble (which is handled by Gamestop) is still saying that today's the expected shipping date.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Capcom could handle the server space easily. Allowing each player who wanted to upload a few matches at a time wouldn't destroy everything. And I certainly hope they aren't uploading videos.

Even if server space is an issue, everyone is paying their money for this game. Better players don't deserve more functionality than weaker players.

edit:
In CvsS2, I was able to save 3 full match replays on my ps1 memory card. They aren't that big.

Why not just be able to save the replays to your hard drive and send it to friends/ people on your friend list when you want to, and have the 5K Shrine for the real "Str33t fightorz"?

I just hope the ranking system isn't completely F***ed like in HDR. And yeah, it is a dick move to only have a feature for people who are better at the game. They paid the same damn price.

PhatSaqs

Banned
haunts said:
I am curious what criteria they will sue to determine a top player tho..
Pretty sure they're using something similar (or exactly) like the BP system being used in the Japan arcade version. Theres most likely a link to "view" vids or something based on the players with the most BP when viewing the rankings.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thanks for the crits guys, they all bring good points and I'll see what I can do :)

MoxManiac

I don't understand why they can't implement a system so people can save replays locally, on the hard drive. then people can make as many as they want.

darkressurection said:
Bah gamestop is telling me that the sticks won't be in until next week with the game

The employee most likely didn't know what they were talking about. Unless he actually went into the shipment log and saw that they won't be in until next week. Most likely, they'll be in tomorrow or Wednesday.

PhatSaqs

Banned
MoxManiac said:
I don't understand why they can't implement a system so people can save replays locally, on the hard drive. then people can make as many as they want.
Pretty sure this hasn't been ruled out as being a feature. Only that those in the top ranks can actually share their replays.

jonah777

The way I see it, this feature was put in place for people to watch the best players in the world, and perhaps learn from them. They'll probably setup online tournaments and have matches displayed here as well. As long as they allow us to at least save our own matches on the hd, I don't see what the big deal is... or is even that in question, here?

Teknoman

Yeah, I was looking at the dates for fight sticks today, and we're supposed to get our shipment in by Wednesday at least, since the ship date is tomorrow.

Of course we could get them in tomorrow as well.

LordK

Yeah, it hasn't been ruled out that you can't save to HDD. It'd be a pretty moronic move (or extremely shitty programming) to not let people save replays to their hard drives considering the recording code is already running during matches AND they have the playback code off inputs for everyone to view other peoples' replays.

Kintaro

G-Fex said:
damnit best buy keeps telling me the 18th for the game.

maybe regular dept. stores will get it in early?

For most places, it'll ship on 17th, in stores on 18th.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got my Street Fighter IV Hori (PS3) today too!

Very disappointing!

Nice box though... I can only think of one box that might be better ;)

Here are my pics...

3266866967_52f5e1721e.jpg

3267690528_5bd7cb678d.jpg

3266865401_635038208d.jpg

3266864987_15a496cf33.jpg

3267688720_ffb83d2cd9.jpg

If anyone is wondering, here are the insides of the SFIV Hori stick (thanks to Yes Boss!):

P1000048.jpg

ShinAmano

G-Fex said:
damnit best buy keeps telling me the 18th for the game.

maybe regular dept. stores will get it in early?
My hope resides in 7-11 and WalMart...if they fail me o well the 17/18th was what i always planned on...

anotheriori said:
- he does alot of damage in combos, can fight sagat if not playing sloppy
- wake up teleport gets him out of crossup and wake up 50/50 tricks
- his roundhouse double kick is a good pressure stater that setups for mind games
- red fireball beats almost all projectiles and does alot of damage when comboed
- air fireball is a really good lockdown tool
- thousand demon; mixups and hard to zone him
- both ultra and super are useful in the right situations, but he doesn't rely on it

Thanks!

jonah777

MarkMan said:
I got my Street Fighter IV Hori (PS3) today too!

If anyone is wondering, here are the insides of the SFIV Hori stick (thanks to Yes Boss!):

P1000048.jpg

Wow... big difference between the way these sticks were designed. Just from the videos I've seen, the TE is so much more accessible for modding. Good job, MarkMan.

Durandal

Banned
GAF, my retailer just wrote that he might not get enough TE Fightsticks to meet demand. I searched my balls off to find other retailers that even take preoders on the TE Fightstick. If anyone got some intel on that it would be much appreciated. I need two of those to be complete. Markman, do you got some Intel on German retailers concerning the sticks?

That Hori stick looks just like the HRAP3, is that really a cheaper stick?

Oh wait, $119 at Play-Asia, could be just a HRAP3 re-skin then...

Dave Long

Banned
So wait... the mid-range stick is no longer listed at EB/Gamestop. Are you seriously telling me that the only way to get any joystick for this game was to pre-order? If so, that's total bullshit. Not everyone wants EB/Gamestop to sit on their money for months at a time.

Dave Long said:
So wait... the mid-range stick is no longer listed at EB/Gamestop. Are you seriously telling me that the only way to get any joystick for this game was to pre-order? If so, that's total bullshit. Not everyone wants EB/Gamestop to sit on their money for months at a time.

No you can wait for the 2nd batch in April or go on Ebay. It was said before that they would be a limited so don't be surprised if you can't find one without preordering.

Kintaro

Dave Long said:

Check amazon. Still up for pre-order through them. And yeah, it was very unlikely these sticks would be common place on GameStops. MarkMan did warn us.

Dave Long

Banned
GalacticAE said:
No you can wait for the 2nd batch in April or go on Ebay. It was said before that they would be a limited so don't be surprised if you can't find one without preordering.
Regardless of second shipments, that's absolutely ridiculous.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
bad-joey said:
the hori stick look ok, but it can't tip the TE

I just got Hori Real Arcade EX for 360 and despite what IGN says (horrible review by the way) is really nice. Same joystick as the TE, although missing a few features like turbo (which I'd never use), cord storage (nice, but I can live without), being able to mount it to a table (Another feature I'd never use), I'd say its very nice, especially if you replace the stock buttons.

When I first ordered it I was really concerned about the weight, but weight is really good on it as well.

Modding it isn't too bad either since the buttons have QD, just if you plan to replace the joystick you will need to put in a little more work since there not QD.

But to say least I'm happy, but I will agree all around TE is the best stick out there with the Hori EX probably being 2nd.

GalacticAE said:
I don't know if you saw my other post, but I called the Paseo GS and they said that the stick would be out when the game came in. I seriously doubt that they looked in the computer for ship dates when they told me this. Just thought I would give you a heads up since you pre ordered yours there too.

darkressurection said:
I don't know if you saw my other post, but I called the Paseo GS and they said that the stick would be out when the game came in. I seriously doubt that they looked in the computer for ship dates when they told me this. Just thought I would give you a heads up since you pre ordered yours there too.

Yea, I saw that post. I still think they're getting it this week since a bunch of Gamestops are already getting theirs in and I was told last week that they'd be in as early as this Tuesday. I think we may have been the only ones to preorder them too. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

GalacticAE said:
Yea, I saw that post. I still think they're getting it this week since a bunch of Gamestops are already getting theirs in and I was told last week that they'd be in as early as this Tuesday. I think we may have been the only ones to preorder them too. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Yup, as soon as I get the call (and I have a ride :( ) I am booking it down there to pick it up.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Dave Long said:
Regardless of second shipments, that's absolutely ridiculous.

It is, but HRAP3s are readily available on Amazon for a decent price. I'd give them your money instead of waiting until April.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
n3ss said:
I just got Hori Real Arcade EX for 360 and despite what IGN says (horrible review by the way) is really nice. Same joystick as the TE, although missing a few features like turbo (which I'd never use), cord storage (nice, but I can live without), being able to mount it to a table (Another feature I'd never use), I'd say its very nice, especially if you replace the stock buttons.

When I first ordered it I was really concerned about the weight, but weight is really good on it as well.

Modding it isn't too bad either since the buttons have QD, just if you plan to replace the joystick you will need to put in a little more work since there not QD.

But to say least I'm happy, but I will agree all around TE is the best stick out there with the Hori EX probably being 2nd.

Word. Hori still puts out dope shit. Well, unless your buttons are soldered to a board. I'm actually putting Sanwa buttons in both of my PS2 HRAP's (got the original ones) before doing so for the standard SFIV stick. Gonna see how those stock ones perform before I get crazy ordering stuff plus I wanna wait till the inevitable tutorial to replace the stick comes out. I will probably get that Hori EX at some point as well. Whoever modded it with the white buttons/ball-top made it look sexy as hell.

Teknoman

GalacticAE said:

My Gamestop had the TE sticks listed as 2/10/08 so i'm going to assume the standard fight sticks will be available/shipped that day as well.

I dont have HDR for 360 (have it on PS3) but does anyone have the first arcade release (SFII Hyper Fighting) on XBLA? Probably going to want to test out my stick against others once I get it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hori still made a SFIV stick as well? Interesting, although it looks like it's just a reskin...

And for the Dutch, and I guess it applies to the rest of Europe as well, the TE stick is going to be shipping on the 16th - thankfully before SFIV officially releases, and hopefully the day I hope to get the game early as well...

PhatSaqs said:

I like the icon pic for the game - Capcom still knows what's up putting Ryu there as always... :)

CAVE343

Skilotonn said:
Hori still made a SFIV stick as well? Interesting, although it looks like it's just a reskin...

And for the Dutch, and I guess it applies to the rest of Europe as well, the TE stick is going to be shipping on the 16th - thankfully before SFIV officially releases, and hopefully the day I hope to get the game early as well...

I like the icon pic for the game - Capcom still knows what's up putting Ryu there as always... :)

How do you know they will ship the 16th?

Two things...the reason why Markman is disappointed with the Hori SFIV stick is because the buttons are soldered and stock Hori. It'll be difficult to mod unless you're comfortable with soldering.

And...that Guile model looks great. But...as a Marine, Guile and Charlie make no sense as Air Force. Are they reconnaissance pilots, who land their planes and go on one man missions to vanquish their enemies? Charlie/Nash has a Harrier hovering in his stage in Alpha 2...the Harrier is a Marine Corps jet. They should rewrite them as Marines or Army.

Top Bottom